carat
color
clarity

My new jadeite bangle!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, off to take a look.

How did you go? Did it confuse you more or gave you a better idea of what to expect?

I've been thinking.... Are you in Sydney?

If you are would you like a bangle for free?

Years ago I bought a few bangles from a dude in thailand. They came with HK lab reports before the lab grew big and professional looking. Anyways none were a colour I love but they served their purpose for a while. I gave the smallest one away to a little girl and I've got the 54mm one left. Happy for you to have it if you would like as realistically I will never wear it again. I'm 90% confident it's A grade.

If you or anyone else is interested just let me know and I'll take pictures.

I assume I'm allowed to post this here as I'm not selling but please let me know if I'm breaking rules admin!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How did you go? Did it confuse you more or gave you a better idea of what to expect?

I've been thinking.... Are you in Sydney?

If you are would you like a bangle for free?

Years ago I bought a few bangles from a dude in thailand. They came with HK lab reports before the lab grew big and professional looking. Anyways none were a colour I love but they served their purpose for a while. I gave the smallest one away to a little girl and I've got the 54mm one left. Happy for you to have it if you would like as realistically I will never wear it again. I'm 90% confident it's A grade.

If you or anyone else is interested just let me know and I'll take pictures.

I assume I'm allowed to post this here as I'm not selling but please let me know if I'm breaking rules admin!

Hi @mellowyellowgirl
That’s so lovely of you to offer the bangle, unfortunately I’m not in Sydney, I’m in WA.
I more than happy to pay postage to have to sent, but I don’t want to trouble you. I don’t know if this violates PS rules or regulations??
I did have a good look and some of the bangles are gorgeous, but I would not be able to tell if the bangle was real jade or an imitation. I didn’t even think I would want a bangle until I saw all the beautiful bangles on PS...haha, enablers!

I’m trying to figure out if I could wear a bangle long term, i do love the look and if I knew if I could get used to wearing one, I would eventually buy one, so I don’t want to pay too much for one . Does that make sense? Haha.. I have lost the use of my emojis so trying to convey tone is hard..lol.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mellowyellowgirl
That’s so lovely of you to offer the bangle, unfortunately I’m not in Sydney, I’m in WA.
I more than happy to pay postage to have to sent, but I don’t want to trouble you. I don’t know if this violates PS rules or regulations??
I did have a good look and some of the bangles are gorgeous, but I would not be able to tell if the bangle was real jade or an imitation. I didn’t even think I would want a bangle until I saw all the beautiful bangles on PS...haha, enablers!

I’m trying to figure out if I could wear a bangle long term, i do love the look and if I knew if I could get used to wearing one, I would eventually buy one, so I don’t want to pay too much for one . Does that make sense? Haha.. I have lost the use of my emojis so trying to convey tone is hard..lol.

Ok I just looked it up! No need to pay postage. The cost is so minor I'm happy to pay it!

I'll try to take some photos for you today or tomorrow so you can see if you want it.

I've just been very fortunate in this whole Covid debacle, I think it would be nice to do something nice and spread the joy around.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok I just looked it up! No need to pay postage. The cost is so minor I'm happy to pay it!

I'll try to take some photos for you today or tomorrow so you can see if you want it.

I've just been very fortunate in this whole Covid debacle, I think it would be nice to do something nice and spread the joy around.

Thank you for your lovely gesture.
I’ll be sure to pay it forward.
I’ve been busily googling how to measure up for best fit, there seems to be a variety of methods used. Do you know the most accurate method by chance? I have measured palm width and middle of knuckles (pointer finger and ring finger) and it will be a tight fit :shock:. I’m right on the border of it being too small. There was a method that mentioned a correlation to dress size?!! How odd :lol:!
I’m happy to return it to you should it be too small to fit to me.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88

Full confession it has two stone lines that can be felt with finger nails

PXL_20210310_080326768.jpg

PXL_20210310_080316757.jpg

PXL_20210310_080312718.jpg

PXL_20210310_080241316.jpg

I think it's definitely 54mm as it slips on and off happily just like my current one.

Perhaps one of the others can help you determine whether it'll fit!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88

Full confession it has two stone lines that can be felt with finger nails

PXL_20210310_080326768.jpg

PXL_20210310_080316757.jpg

PXL_20210310_080312718.jpg

PXL_20210310_080241316.jpg

I think it's definitely 54mm as it slips on and off happily just like my current one.

Perhaps one of the others can help you determine whether it'll fit!

Thanks @mellowyellowgirl, I love the colour and I’m more than ok with the stone lines =)2.
Size is the only factor I’m unsure of.
If anyone else can offer any tips to measure it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mellowyellowgirl, I love the colour and I’m more than ok with the stone lines =)2.
Size is the only factor I’m unsure of.
If anyone else can offer any tips to measure it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Zzz

This is my junk account for subscriptions but I'll check it. I'll delete after you grab the details.

Last edited:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hihihihi

This is my junk account for subscriptions but I'll check it. I'll delete after you grab the details.

I’ve just sent you a quick email to say hi

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade @peacechick can you help Sparkles88 with sizing?

I've got one of those hands that can stuff into virtually any size so I'm useless

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome now we wait for sizing help lol

UJ website has advice about it. How flexible your hand is also affects the size that you can wear. @Sparkles88, I find using body/hand cream and keeping that hand/wrist relaxed helps when you are trying to wear the bangle.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

UJ website has advice about it. How flexible your hand is also affects the size that you can wear. @Sparkles88, I find using body/hand cream and keeping that hand/wrist relaxed helps when you are trying to wear the bangle.

With this I’m like a 65mm (way too big!) but I can wear 58 so looked around and found this:

Which works for me. I’m like 78mm and the chart says 58-60mm.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
With this I’m like a 65mm (way too big!) but I can wear 58 so looked around and found this:

Which works for me. I’m like 78mm and the chart says 58-60mm.

Both UJ and Gemgardener's methods work for me. Maybe my hand measurement is the "textbook" size. :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I roped my DH to take a photo for me.
I think I’m between 70-74 mm so should fit diameter 54-56 mm?
Thanks @icy_jade @YC and @mellowyellowgirl , I really appreciate your help

7F03C7FB-A479-4640-A4E8-D8B8C2BA58B0.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! As long as your hand is not abnormally inflexible I think it will fit!!!

I say that because my bestie yells like a banshee even when you squeeze her hand a tiny bit!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I roped my DH to take a photo for me.
I think I’m between 70-74 mm so should fit diameter 54-56 mm?
Thanks @icy_jade @YC and @mellowyellowgirl , I really appreciate your help

7F03C7FB-A479-4640-A4E8-D8B8C2BA58B0.jpeg

Rem to take out your rings:

If the bangle is tight, maybe do it over a bed or carpet so it’s less stressful in case you drop it (I feel like it helps me relax knowing that I’m less likely to break the bangle).

Also I find soap easier than lotion. I feel like can go smaller with soap vs lotion.

Relax your hand and the bangle will go in. Let us know how it goes!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yup! As long as your hand is not abnormally inflexible I think it will fit!!!

I say that because my bestie yells like a banshee even when you squeeze her hand a tiny bit!

Woohooo! I’m happy to give it try and also should it not fit, ill
happily post it back to you =)2

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If the bangle is tight, maybe do it over a bed or carpet so it’s less stressful in case you drop it (I feel like it helps me relax knowing that I’m less likely to break the bangle).

Also I find soap easier than lotion. I feel like can go smaller with soap vs lotion.

Thanks for the helpful tips!
I read that some people slip a plastic bag over their hand to make it easier to slip the bangle over.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your lovely gesture.
I’ll be sure to pay it forward.
I’ve been busily googling how to measure up for best fit, there seems to be a variety of methods used. Do you know the most accurate method by chance? I have measured palm width and middle of knuckles (pointer finger and ring finger) and it will be a tight fit :shock:. I’m right on the border of it being too small. There was a method that mentioned a correlation to dress size?!! How odd :lol:!
I’m happy to return it to you should it be too small to fit to me.

Haha there is no correlation between dress size and bangle size. I have a large dress size and smallish wrists. I wish the rest of me would match. I think Icy did a post once on how to put on a bangle, maybe she will share it.

For me, it’s the distance between your pinky knuckle and index knuckle that determines what size fits. Assuming your thumb can fold all the way over (mine can).

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

Second everything Icy said. Definitely do it over a bed, especially when taking it off—I heard of someone whose tight bangle flew across the room when it came off. And I usually use hand soap, it’s the most available at home. Regular bar soap works too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the helpful tips!
I read that some people slip a plastic bag over their hand to make it easier to slip the bangle over.

Plastic bag also can but soap is the easiest. I use soap for my smallest bangles

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think Icy did a post once on how to put on a bangle, maybe she will share it.

My pig trotters!!! Forgot the link hahahah

Ok am feeling thankful that I’m more flexible than average. Wonder if I’ll be less flexible with age? If so I really should buy bigger bangles

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super curious can someone have small wrists and HUGE hands? Or are they usually proportionate?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha there is no correlation between dress size and bangle size. I have a large dress size and smallish wrists. I wish the rest of me would match. I think Icy did a post once on how to put on a bangle, maybe she will share it.

For me, it’s the distance between your pinky knuckle and index knuckle that determines what size fits. Assuming your thumb can fold all the way over (mine can).

I did think the dress size and bangle size correlation was quite unusual.
Yes my thumb can fold all the way over.
My hand is a bit sore at the moment because I’ve been squishing it to see how small it can curl up..haha!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Super curious can someone have small wrists and HUGE hands? Or are they usually proportionate?

So I just measured my left wrist it’s 14.3cm and I think my hand looks proportionally bigger, not humongous but large.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results