carat
color
clarity

My new beauty - 4.01 J VS1 in Erika Winters' Margot

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:OH MY.. Yssie.. simply magical!!!:appl:
The stone.. the setting.. it's true perfection.
I love the 8 claw prongs, the understated estate-y side stones and the draped beauty of the sides.
It's amazing.
Wear it in good health and happy times!!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, your diamond and ring are stunning. I love your setting.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been on PS for way too long but I'm thrilled I stopped by today (Mother's Day treat to moi) and saw this post. Yssie - this is the most magnificent ring ever!! And it's almost like you do have a three stone with those perfectly complimenting earrings making a dream boat of a set. What perfection!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie....I am speechless. i swear i feel that i experiened the happiest shock ever. I will go recover from it and i will come back to leave a proper comment later... (as i said....speechless...)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kayla - I didn't see the I you mentioned in your last in WF's listings but that J is... well, it looks every bit as perfect as perfect can be! I don't envy you your decision :love: you really can't go wrong either way!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!! 8-)

royalstarrynight - Thank you!! I'll have exactly three rings when all is said and done - this solitaire, one coloured stone ring (I had Erika set a coloured stone into my stud stone's old setting), and an eternity (that's still in production)... and with that I'm set ::) I really can't imagine how PSers with museum-worthy ring collections decide what to wear!! #DefinitelyFirstWorldProblems... :mrgreen:

kBerly - My wine supply has been replenished - I'll raise a healthy new glass to your 'Gah' :mrgreen: Thank you so much!!

tyty, Tourmaline, Loreal - Thank you!!! ::)

december - Thank you!! My temp solitaire had six prongs and I knew I wanted my final setting to have at least eight - I've always liked a very prong-ey look, and six somehow just didn't feel protective enough... and the N/S/E/W orientation is that last little detail that my previous eight-prong setting didn't feature and that I didn't realise I needed in my rings until after the fact...

Margot, well, perfect out-of-box :rodent:

Thank you jeweln!! I actually prefer a smaller table, higher crown, and shorter mains than PS precision-cutting boutiques' signature brands allow for - I like the very "blocky" look that obstruction of shorter mains produces at close range, and the combination of short mains and small table yields large virtual facets that encourage bold "rolling" flashes of light over "glitter" and "twinkle" - which is my personal preference ::)

I also love seeing coloured light output! And I'm more willing to sacrifice guaranteed white light return in favour of potential for colour (across a variety of lighting environments) than the proportions that our H&A vendors restrict their precision-cut lines to permit - it's IMO really just a more extreme version of the flavour our vendors already cater to :love:

Christina!!!!! Oh my goodness, thank you so much for stopping in - and I would love to hear how things are going for you and yours!! My contact is the same - I'll shoot you an email after work tonight, it's been far too long :mrgreen::appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie - what can one say? She is PERFECT. The stuff of PS dreams. The Margot is absolutely TDF :love:

WOT she said. A looker and a keeper.

cheers--Sharon

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting and stone, sorry I am so late to see it but I'm glad I did see it, it's amazing!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b Thank you!!

The VS1 was a surprise to me!! :halo: I'm normally an eyeclean SI kind of girl, saving on everything I possibly can to eke out a bit more size...:twisted: But since I wasn't willing to compromise at all on proportions my pickings were extraordinarily slim!! Clarity and size took backseat to numbers, faceting, and colour. And I must say, owning a nearly loupe-clean stone really is a luxe change - I've definitely come to 'round to appreciating the novelty of the knowledge that it'll be perfectly clean no matter what angle I stare from 8-)

The sidestones I'd bought but wound up not using were both Js - IF and VVS1. My go-to bracelet has a J VVS2 and a J VS2, and my studs are J SI1 and J SI2. I confess, if there's one thing I am rather disappointed by, it's not wearing the full clarity spectrum... :boohoo:::)

Fulvia - Thank you so much! :mrgreen:

Thank you hathalove!!! ::)

Matata - Thank you!! And thank you ::) she is... and oh, she knows it :whistle::roll::kiss:

Rubies - Thank you love!!

The sidestones may be my favourite part... it's my very first ring with melee, ever!! :mrgreen: They're apparently K/L coloured single-cuts, 0.8/0.75/0.7mm - according to melee charts that's apparently ~0.002-0.0025ct :geek:

I love this ring a little more every day ::)

marcy - Thank you!! ::)

Rose It's lovely to see you - thank you!! I'm delighted to have been part of your Mother's Day treat :mrgreen:

I'm so glad I took my time with these projects, I couldn't be happier with how they've turned out. No niggling desires to upgrade, tweak... just a marvellously peaceful satisfaction ::)

Thank you Naty!!! You're sweet as always!! :mrgreen:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few late-night snaps of two of my trio-to-be of rings ::) The CS is an 8.7mm peachy pink spinel by Gene that Erika set into my old RDG setting. Both these settings are works of art :love:

SAT_0.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SAT_1.png

SAT_3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon, arkie!!! :mrgreen:::)

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't stop looking at your ring. Makes me have solitaire envy! My favorite ring on pricescope!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are truly reaping the rewards of your patience! Its Beautiful! I luv MRB!!! Congrats and enjoy!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! THIS IS STUNNING!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few late-night snaps of two of my trio-to-be of rings ::) The CS is an 8.7mm peachy pink spinel by Gene that Erika set into my old RDG setting. Both these settings are works of art :love:

SAT_0.png

SAT_1.png

SAT_3.png

Would love to see a face on picture of the spinel ring!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Holy holy holy. I die. Had to show my husband. Le sigh. Oh la la. I honestly had to go and get a drink and review the pics. I love your flavor of MRB. I love the EW 8 prong swaggy perfection. I am a goner. Thank you for posting this incredible thread! Enjoy your bling!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happiness is logging in to Pricescope and finding a new SMTB thread by Yssie

Your ring is beyond perfect! I love everything about it, you really do have the most exquisite taste!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous, yssie! It is such a beautiful setting and the prongs are perfection! I had never given much thought to 8 prongs, but yours are so delicate and the setting is so graceful. I love it with your matching studs, too! An exquisite set in every way!! :love:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Your stone and setting are amazing. I am so entranced by your photography skills. You truly capture perfect lighting and background for shooting diamonds. Your shots are crystal clear and show the true beauty of your new stunner! Congrats on such a beauty.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT.

And I love to see someone not want to go down the custom path. I love seeing custom projects but I don't think I'd be up to it, myself. I need to know exactly what the end result will look like.

Wow!!!!!! And you have beautiful hands.

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Lucky girl! She's my favorite designer to follow online. If I had dainty hands, I would love one of her designs!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think I've died and gone to heaven! So spectacular. Perfect in every way! Enjoy her!!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow!! It's magnificent yssie. It's utterly beautiful and perfect in every way! Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy her for many years to come!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely perfection!
I love everything about the diamond and the setting you picked!
Gorgeous! Congrats!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Yssie! Your 4.01 is an absolutely dream and the setting is perfection! Congratulations!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a truly beautiful diamond! Enjoy!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this and it's perfect and I love how you didn't do anything custom. However did you manage!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Stunning ring, love the 8 prongs.
In one of your posts you mention CAD, is the ring cast or hand forged?

CinqueTerre

Rough_Rock
Wow...just wow. I am just in awe of its beauty (and how well it goes with those fabulous earrings). What a treat to open a thread and find all these gorgeous pictures!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie, what can I say.... nothing actually, I'm speechless! Absolutely a gorgeous gorgeous stone & setting. Totally match with your stunning studs. I've seen you whittle your collection down over the years & wow, that consolidating was worth it. Beautiful. I think I read that there will be an eternity at some point. Perfection! Wear them all in great health. I also have to say, I admire that you've always treaded where most PS don't tread in terms of modern stones. We all pretty much stick to the recommended numbers. But I like that you trust your eyes to tell you what is beautiful & what isn't. :clap:

Judy

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Holy H*ll!!! It's absolutely stunning! :lickout: And now I have to clean up the puddle of drool I've left on my desk. :shifty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results