shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My new 6.07 studs

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Here are my GOG 6.07 studs (3.03 + 3.04) I colour, GIA xxx and AGS 0's. The link of the discussion and specs is here:

<a href="https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-these-studs-please.149435/" target ="_blank" class="postlink">https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-these-studs-please.149435/</a>

Not sure if I posted the link right but you know what to do!

052.JPG

060.JPG

077.JPG

083.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C :love: NGRATULATI :love: NS you lucky lady! :love: :love: :love:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dayum Miss Gurl!!!!!!!

LOve It!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Holly crap :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Very Nice!!! :love: :love: :love:

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly! Those are gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wear them proudly! :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Btiger, here is your link I think: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-with-these-studs-please.149435/

I am slobbering wet, sitting in a big pool of drool! WOW!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

ETA: Ok, I'm just back reading all of your threads about your collection and your Indian heritage. Fascinating! So will you take these diamonds for a special setting job by the family jeweler, or will you leave them as is? It would be interesting to add a halo, like your ring.

If you take another trip, you may have to take requests from all of us! :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GULP, OH MY 8) That is SOME ear coverage. Beautiful :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! :love:

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
Holy cow! :o Those are amazing!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Are you kidding me???

Those are mind-blowing!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Starryeyed, thanks for posting the correct link! I already had them custom set in 18K gold with 4 prongs and alpha backs from GOG. I will wear them like this for a while cos I want to wear them everyday. I think studs are classy on their own esp that size. Maybe they will become too heavy and too large with a halo around it. Too soon to tell! I want to enjoy them as is for a while then maybe down the road.....
My next trip to India will be in the spring. Right now I think I am happy with my collection and nothing needs to be re-set. Also I seem to have run out of patience having things made there, people procrastinate way too much there and I was so stressed last time! So perhaps from now on I will make shorter trips, be stree free and just buy what I find. I saw a few beautiful unique pieces at some of my familiar jewellers on my last visit. The one that comes to mind was a pair of emerald drop earrings covered with a lace of briolette diamonds. They were Zamiban emeralds 100 cts total (think Angelina Jolie's massive emerald pair) and the effect was kind of raindrops with diamonds falling over the top part of the drops. I wanted to get them so bad, but I thought my ears were going to fall off with the weight! In my Indian life, I wore these very heavy pieces, as is traditional there but now I am done with those. I want my jewellery to be wearable and not just for special occassions. Anyway, I told that jeweller that if he could replace the emeralds with 50cts total I would consider them, so lets see. Also I saw some Burmese ruby earrings in Bangalore, those are really impossible to find anymore. I just did not like the setting of the ones I saw but maybe next time something will wow me! One thing is for sure, I can't resist buying jewellery in India, it's so tempting! Exquisitely hand made, relatively well priced, what's not to like! You will be certainly be seeing more from me in the future.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, those are Beeeeautiful!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some earrings! They provide lots of real estate coverage. The stones look absolutely beautiful!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
:o Waowwww !!!!!! Gorgeous big diamonds!!! :cheeky:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Btiger I'm travelling to India early next year to buy both traditional and more modern diamond jewellery for my wedding.

I've never been there before. I would be so so grateful if you could recommend some places to go. Pretty please! I'm going in totally blind! :))

I still can't get over your magnificent earrings! :love: :love: :love:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
btiger, your new earrings are magnificently huge! Enjoy them :love: :love: :love:

I'm now living in India, Delhi to be specific. Would you know of any jewellers to recommend? TIA.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those are gorgeous!

I loved going back and viewing your collection. You have beautiful pieces! Isn't Indian jewellery just the best?!

Indian jewellery and curry - the two reasons I was convinced I would marry an Indian boy! :Up_to_something:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Those are just beautiful! They look absolutely gorgeous on you. I remember seeing a couple of your threads and, from the pieces I've seen, you have a lovely collection. :love: :love:

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Simply stunning!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They are beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

You have a pair of very lucky ears!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the great comments!

Diva and Rosetta, hope you both have local Indian friends there to guide you on jewellery shopping in India. Not a great idea to do it on your own. Whatever you do, make sure you go to a very well known reputable jeweller and there are at least 2 major ones in every metro: Delhi, Mumbai,Bangalore & Kolkata (where I am from but very challenging for tourists). Some well known names would be Mehrasons in Delhi,Tribhovandas B Zaveri in Mumbai and C Krishnaiah Chetty & Ganjam in Bangalore, Nemichand, BC Sen, Surana and Satramdas in Kolkata. These guys are traditional jewellers who have been around for at least 100 yrs and you may pay a little more but you will not be taken for a ride. There are also newer mega stores such as Tanishq & D'damas that offer lighter modern machine made jewellery. It all depends on your taste. Indian jewellery should be bought for it's hand craftsmanship and the high end jewellers usually employ the best. Browse in several stores, sleep over it and then decide. If you have read my threads then you know that I normally would not buy any single diamond over 1/2 ct in India bcos the market is pretty much focussed on Clarity and nothing else. Most of them do not come with a GIA certificate even though I have heard that GIA in India is pretty good. If they do, then it is more or less the same price as in the US so why bother? In-house certificates are pretty much worthless, a receipt will work just as well, so keep it safe forever. All the best cut diamonds are exported to the west and unless you have a direct connection to a cutter in Surat and a couple of months to spare, you are not going to find really well cut diamonds in sizes over 1/2 ct. So if you are going for a setting with many small diamonds, rubies & emeralds the price is usually quite affordable and the craftsmanship alone is well worth it. If you are looking for something spectacular that gives you a lot of bang for your buck go for a traditional Kundan or Polki - essentially unfaceted diamonds in a bezel setting. If you go back to my threads you will see a pair of Polki earrings and a cuff. Kundan is a little more embellished and I have seen it often on the red carpet worn by Nicole Kidman, J Lo and Goldie Hawn among others. Minakari or enamel on gold is also very lovely and labour intensive and impossible to find at such great prices outside India. If you get a chance to go to Bangalore then this is practically the only place in the world where you can score some Burmese rubies. And of course 22 ct gold jewellery is available everywhere but must be bought at above mentioned reputed shop only, although this is not the best time to invest in gold jewellery that you plan to keep for many years to come. Good luck on your shopping spree and we hope to see your acquistions here on PS!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much btiger!

My mother is an expert gold buyer and haggler, having done this all over the world. She has lots of traditional Indian jewellery, we just haven't bought from India before, so wanted to know the reputable places. My mum breaks down costs by gold weight, labour costs etc. I know gold prices are so high now, I'm hoping they will fall by early next year, but I'm not counting on it!

Can you tell me which stores are best for polki and diamonds? I don't intend to buy any large diamonds at all.

I must have the jewellery by July though, so there's no way around that. I hope to share pics of all my pieces once they all arrive. :))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I've just realised my future in laws got me a set from damas already. Small world!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
All the stores I mentioned should carry everything, polki, diamonds, mina etc. Glad to know your mother is an Indian jewellery fan but I can't stress enough how very important it is to buy from a reputable jeweller. In India one always gets a breakdown of the jewellery and of course bargaining is a way of life, it's the way things are done there, so your mom should feel quite at home! Looking forward to seeing your jewellery here soon!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again btiger. I'll be sure to post pics.

Ps my mum calls stud earrings "tops" too!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Those are jaw-droppingly beautiful, btiger! :appl:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA!!! Absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results