shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My New 2 ct ACA & Victor Canera Emilya Cushion 2 Row Pave

mns12

Shiny_Rock
If you are not in the “reading” mood feel free to move down to the stats and/or pictures:)

The Diamond
I was on the search to replace my lost eternity band and engagement ring. I knew I wanted to stick with a 15 point full eternity but wasn’t sure on the setting. I stumbled upon the Annette U prong at Whiteflash (once again thanks to PS) and fell in love. I figured it made sense to also purchase the diamond from WF as I knew I wanted top cut, didn’t want to spend the time sorting thru tons of diamonds as I am far from an expert, and WF had stellar reviews on PS. In the end I purchased a 2.076 I VS2 ACA. Liza and WF were awesome to work with! Liza was thorough, patient, and quick to respond to my many inquiries! As I mentioned in my eternity SMTB thread, Whiteflash has a VERY solid operation going and I would not hesitate to do business with them again. Both the eternity band and diamond wowed me!! While I never had any complaints (or new much better) about my original set these ACA diamonds are definitely on another level :love:

The Setting:
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a classic, solitaire setting from Whiteflash (similar to my original ER) but I backed out last minute. I previously had a 1.5 ct in the round Victor Canera Emilya setting. I had remembered a veteran PS member mentioning in one thread that I may be disappointed in the finger coverage if I went back to a solitaire; even though I was going from 1.5 ct to 2 ct. Pretty sure she was right so thank you (DS). After going back and forth many, many times over 4 months...it’s SO hard deciding when you see so many stunning rings on PS…I decided I wanted a very delicate cushion halo with a plain shank. I felt the plain shank would give me the feel of a solitaire and the delicate halo would give me the little extra pizazz and finger coverage I was looking for. Knowing that I was very happy with my previous Emilya I decided to go with Victor Canera again. Plus, twosanguinehearts two row cushion Emilya was one of my inspiration rings. Both Paige and Victor were a pleasure to work with, always so quick to respond to any questions I had. And I have to give major kudos to Victor. I had asked if there was any way he could have the ring to me in 3 weeks. My husband and I were going to Bermuda for our 10-year anniversary and it would mean so much to have an engagement ring back on my hand. I received the ring exactly 2 weeks from when I wired the deposit. My husband opened it first and was blown away with how gorgeous and dainty the ring was. As was I! I was ecstatic to say the least!! This Emilya was certainly more delicate than my previous one, and the most delicate I have seen IRL. And I’m glad it came early because it was very difficult to get the ring past my knuckle on my left hand. I guess the summer humidity and my knuckle must have gotten bigger. I called Victor and he said not to worry, he would take care of it immediately for me. I sent it overnight and he had it re-sized and sent back out the same day he received it…the day before our trip :appl: Such a great, genuine guy!!

General Observations:
-I don’t know how Victor does it! I know some people are probably sick of hearing it, but he is truly an artist. It blows me away how he is able to get that teensy melee and all the details so perfect.
-I truly enjoy getting lost in looking at my diamond. The pattern/faceting and crispness are so cool. Def. very different than my original 1.5 CT H SI2 “very good” cut
-I adore the clean, crisp contrast of the plain shank. Victor went thinner than the typical 1.9mm Emilya shank as there was no melee and I had asked for a delicate ring. I love how sometimes it feels like the diamond is floating on my finger.
-I really love the two row or side pave halo. I love seeing the side halo when looking at the profile (which is often) and I also feel like the side halo gives the cushion a softer shape. I see NO metal except for the shank (and in many lighting scenarios I can barely see those tiny claw prongs).
-I was adamant that I wanted a very soft cushion halo, nothing squarish, and Victor did exactly that!
-I don’t think there is a huge difference in the overall finger coverage from my previous ring (which I am OK with) but there is a big difference in presence since the center stone is now a 2 ct ideal cut ACA.

Overall I am over the moon with my new diamond and setting and feel like I made the right decisions for me. The sparkle factor is awesome. Victor nailed it when I said I wanted a very delicate setting. I never imagined owning such a beautiful piece of jewelry. I’m hooked…all thanks to Pricescope :dance:

Now on to the stats (if you have made it this far!!)

2.076 ct I VS2 A Cut Above Hearts & Arrows Super Ideal Round
Measurements 8.20x8.22x5.07
Depth % 61.7
Table % 55.6
Crown Angle 34.3
Star 50.0
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Crown % 15.1
Lower Girdle % 77.0

Victor Canera Emilya Two Row Pave Cushion Halo
Plain Shank (1.75mm), melee on stems and donut (so glad I decided to go with melee here)
Single cut melee
I’m not sure of the melee size but I would imagine definitely no larger than ½ pointers. To give you perspective the total setting is
.30 ct...very dainty.
Size 4.5 (to get past my knuckle)

Thanks for viewing. And thank you PS for all your education and inspiration!
Oh, and of course many of my pics are from the Bermuda trip:)

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Re: My New 2 ct ACA & Victor Canera Emilya Cushion 2 Row Pav

Pics:
_dsc0955.jpg
_dsc0979.jpg
_dsc0939.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock

More
_dsc1043.jpg
_dsc0944.jpg
_csc1074.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Macro shot - love the perfect, soft cushion shape
_csc1072.jpg

One of my favs, pretty sure this is under a tree reflecting the colors
_csc1134.jpg

img_1771_0.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh how beautiful is that ring!!! :love: I love the plain shank with the halo and it is simply exquisite on your hand. It is unfortunate that you lost your other rings, but you sure know how to do replacement right.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous :appl: looks stunning on your finger :love:

Does it spin because you had to go up in size to get past the knuckle?

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much Sundial and baby monster!

I was devastated when I lost my rings and it took me several months to bring myself to even start the replacement process. But once I started I got excited. I took my time because I really didn't want to second guess myself (like I always do with most things:) I can say I am so happy with the outcome!

Yes, I will definitely have the spinning issue but more so in the winter/colder months. Right now not so much b/c of the heat. Hoping once I get a stacking band or two that will help in the colder months.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What an amazing ring :love: :love: :love:
I love love love the look of the double sided halo and the plain shank. It looks so elegant and fresh and crisp.
Please post a lot of pics. Victor did a great job. The detailing is amazing. Great choice to have the melee on the stems.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is heaven!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

It's absolutely sublime. I love cushion shaped halos around a round diamond and yours is exquisite. You're so right that the double halo gives it a really soft look, nothing harsh and it's so seamless. I'm also loving the plain shank which I feel highlights the halo and center stone very nicely. I think the melee on the stems and donut are a really nice touch.

The center stone is so gorgeous and it's so white for an I!! Will you wear your Annette U prong with your e-ring? If so, we'd love to see some pictures :naughty: .

I'm glad you found a happy ending to your previous rings. And what a gorgeous vacation spot too, happy anniversary!!!

:appl:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1437073095|3903703 said:
What an amazing ring :love: :love: :love:
I love love love the look of the double sided halo and the plain shank. It looks so elegant and fresh and crisp.
Please post a lot of pics. Victor did a great job. The detailing is amazing. Great choice to have the melee on the stems.

Your compliments mean a lot Acinom! I drool over your collection often:) I almost went plain with melee and stems b/c I thought it may look off with the plain shank but both Paige and Victor assured me it wouldn't and I'm SO glad I decided to go with the melee. I love seeing the tiny sparkles.

I do have many more pics but they are on my iMac at home. I'll try to post some more tonight, twist my arm:)

mns12

Shiny_Rock

JDDN|1437077869|3903763 said:
Your ring is heaven!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

It's absolutely sublime. I love cushion shaped halos around a round diamond and yours is exquisite. You're so right that the double halo gives it a really soft look, nothing harsh and it's so seamless. I'm also loving the plain shank which I feel highlights the halo and center stone very nicely. I think the melee on the stems and donut are a really nice touch.

The center stone is so gorgeous and it's so white for an I!! Will you wear your Annette U prong with your e-ring? If so, we'd love to see some pictures :naughty: .

I'm glad you found a happy ending to your previous rings. And what a gorgeous vacation spot too, happy anniversary!!!

:appl:

Thanks you so much JDDN!!
I have no complaints about the "I" color...the cut and setting are just superb that's all I concentrate on:) Now, don't get me wrong..if money were no object I certainly wouldn't turn down a colorless stone:)

No, I will not wear my ER with the U prong eternity. It doesn't pair well with the dainty setting. I knew that going in but really wanted the bigger eternity for days I couldn't or didn't want to wear my ER. If I am wearing my ER I wear the eternity on my right hand.
I'm hoping to get some delicate stacking bands to wear with my ER. Maybe Christmas!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

WOW!!! :love: :love: What an amazing ring & fabulous Bermuda trip to boot!!! It rocks your hand & looks gorgeous, congratulations!! :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooohh delicate stacking bands sound like fun!!! You could go all sorts of fun ways with stacking bands especially with your plain shank :naughty: .

How lucky you can switch hands with your eternity band. Sounds like a lovely pairing with one on each hand :dance: .

Thank you for sharing, your ring is truly, truly stunning and an wonderful piece of art.

mns12

Shiny_Rock

sarahb|1437081606|3903794 said:
WOW!!! :love: :love: What an amazing ring & fabulous Bermuda trip to boot!!! It rocks your hand & looks gorgeous, congratulations!! :love: :love:

Thanks Sarah!! Very fortunate to have such an amazing 10-year celebration.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Anniversary. :appl:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

JDDN|1437082044|3903799 said:
Ooohh delicate stacking bands sound like fun!!! You could go all sorts of fun ways with stacking bands especially with your plain shank :naughty: .

How lucky you can switch hands with your eternity band. Sounds like a lovely pairing with one on each hand :dance: .

Thank you for sharing, your ring is truly, truly stunning and an wonderful piece of art.

Exactly one of the main reasons I wanted to go with plain shanks this time :dance:
Yes, my left ring finger/knuckle is actually smaller than my right.

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your kind words!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is just divine! I love the two row pave with plain shank - simply gorgeous! So glad your story had a happy ending!

Happy Anniversary and yes, we will definitely take all the pictures you want to share with us.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

I loooove halos! Your ring is so pretty. I'm envious! And the melee on the side is beautiful. :love:

makeable

Shiny_Rock

Isn't that stunning. And it looks lovely on your hand. Perfection! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An absolutely glorious ring! Congratulations on this gorgeous acquisition! And Bermuda looks pretty good, too... :mrgreen:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love all of Victor's work and your ring is no exception! :love: It's complete perfection and hopefully well worth the wait! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

Oh dear Lord I'm drooling over here! Wow just wow! :love: :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Holy smokes, this is stunning and looks perfect on your finger! :appl:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Fantastic!! Your ring looks amazing on you! The pictures are just gorgeous and show off your beautiful ring and hand! Congratulations on your replacement project! :love: :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is about as perfect as it gets...ACA + Victor setting= :love: :love: :love:

The stone is gorgeous, and that has to be the most perfectly shaped cushion halo for a round that I've ever seen! I am so sorry that you had the sadness of losing your first rings, but truly, this was a fabulous replacement!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sublime! Gorgeous on you! Congratulations!! :love: :appl:

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock

I just could not love this more! So gorgeous. I can't wait to see it with some bands

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

:love: :love: :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

I love the look of a halo with a plain shank- and yours is simply exquisite! So happy for you and your new beautiful ring! :appl:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

:love: Wow!! Thanks so much for sharing all the details! I love soft cushion halos, and I have always wanted to see an Emilya with a plain shank. Your ring is beautiful!

Please post MORE photos! :drool:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results