shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My New 2 ct ACA & Victor Canera Emilya Cushion 2 Row Pave

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Re: My New 2 ct ACA & Victor Canera Emilya Cushion 2 Row Pav

Baroque I feel you frustration with the spinning issue using the keyboard most of the day. I know I will have the same issue come winter. I actually just ordered a few of Zina's (on Etsy) stacking bands to test out. I'm hoping 1 or 2 bands will help some.

Besides the fact that they are so elegant and classic, that was another reason I was considering a 3 stone with pears, I thought the spinning wouldn't be as much of an issue. I hope you find the perfect setting for your gorgeous rock too:)

Total bummer about the surprise stone and I would be hesitant to spend that $ on shipping as well. Maybe not worth it to do right now until you figure out if you are going to reset or not.

Thanks so much. I think there is always going to be thought of "should I of gone with X" seeing all these beauties on PS but I'm completely content...for now...ha ha.

gatorgirl

Rough_Rock

Your ring is so beautiful and looks absolutely gorgeous on you :love: !!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I haven't read all your comments but I simply want to say, absolutely gorgeous ring!!! I especially like the shank with no pave, it makes the ring look very clean and elegant. :clap: :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Gatorgirl - Thank you. I adore your new VC sapphire ring!! Would love to have a sapphire ring someday as that is my birthstone:)

ACA - Thanks for the kind words! For me the plain shank really made a difference this time around..no regrets there.
I remember seeing your beautiful GOG cushion! Have you made a decision on a setting?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock

Hi! I am contemplating a reset and I really love your ring! Love the plain shank with the lovely cushion halo! Turned out beautiful!

Glowstone

Rough_Rock

I love looking at pictures on PS...Wow!!! This ring is stunningly gorgeous, one of my favorites! Enjoy it!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Glowstone|1464284195|4036559 said:
I love looking at pictures on PS...Wow!!! This ring is stunningly gorgeous, one of my favorites! Enjoy it!

Aww, thanks so much:)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi mns :wavey:
Have you received your Etsy bands and do you indeed combine them with your cushion Emilya?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

I would love to see some updated pics of your gorgeous Cushion Emilya with the Zina bands also!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Hi :wavey:

I did order the Zina bands and thought they were pretty but just didn't love them with my ring. I also got 1.5mm twisted rope stacking bands in rose gold and white gold and have been wearing both of those with my ER. I'll see if I can find a picture when I get home tonight. I'm still on the search for a diamond band but just haven't had the time:( Hopefully before year end!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing your experience mns :wavey:
Looking forward to see your pics.

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock

Flipping gorgeous!! VC always comes through... Just breath taking .. Halos are my favorite. Congrats

Linny

Shiny_Rock
I know this is a very old thread and so I assume you might not be on the forum right now but I thought it can’t hurt to check! First off I adore your ring! I keep coming back to this thread to stare at your pics! I so sorry you had to go through ring replacement but what a beauty you ended up with and I love the plain shank.

I am trying to decide between three stones right now, a 1.73, a 1.81 and a 2.05. The 1.73 is about 7.7mm and the 1.81 about 7.8. The 2.05 is extremely similar in dimensions to yours (almost identical). If I go with that one I will need to go down one level in color as a trade off for size. I used to have a halo setting that was a 1.58 MRB in a cushion setting and I will be resetting with VC in either the cushion Emilia like yours (with the donut) or one of the flush fitting stem designs (with or without cathedral). So my situation is very similar to what you went through. Also my finger size is 4.5 at the knuckle but then smaller below the knuckle.

Sorry for all the back info!! My ultimate questions for you is about finger coverage. Do you know what the diameter of your halo is? I’m looking for about a 10.4mm or so finger coverage with a delicate halo like yours. If I could figure out how big roughly your halo diameter is I would be able to generally guess what size mine would be with the different sized stones I’m looking at. My old setting had .28 carats in the halo and struts and yours has .30 so I imagine the diamonds in the halo are 1mm to 1.1 mm tops, but that is just a guess.

Sorry if this is long and confusing I just want to pick the one that will be the best fit!

Also, I’m wondering if you know what height your ring sits off your finger. If I go with the flush fitting stems (no donut) I’m a little worried the ring is going to sit too high off my finger and catch on things....can you see the culet down inside the donut?

Thanks so much in advance if you are still on here!! It is both exciting and stressful to be in this process!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results