shape
carat
color
clarity

My incredible newly recut RB: Thank you Brian Gavin and WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:43:20 PM
Author: Miranda
Wow! What a difference! It''s beautiful! And FWIW, I think your initial post was quite humorous!

LOL! Me too! ---And now that I have firmly established myself as one of those nauseating people who laughs at their own jokes, I should also add that sometimes a person has a civic duty to take the low road. :) ;-) LOL

On a more serious note, thank you for the compliment on the stone! I am really excited about it.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank youKcourselle and Addy! I really love it. In a weird way it actually looks bigger when you see it in person b/c it isn''t losing any light from the outer rim.

Thanks Lauren I am so excited about it.

LOL Kelli That is GREAT news. I hope you love the new stone, and I am sure it is in excellent hands. PLEASE keep us posted with the results!! :)

Thank youGwen!! I am really hoping to post lots of pics as soon as I get it back. I saw that MM thread today as well, and I agree with you about the way those prongs look. I can''t see anyone being able to tell they are "heart shaped" per se. LOL It''s funny how we become so obsessed with things. Before I found PS, I loved my diamond and felt that it was almost as nice as a Tiffany. Then I read all you guys talking about Hearts and Arrows and ACA and I started to wonder: "Hmmm..." Then I SAW the ACA and I couldn''t stop thinking about it. And I couldn''t get out of my head how my diamond just didn''t look like that. From there came the recut, and then the next obsession became the prongs issue. LOL But it sure has been fun. I can''t tell you how many "halo"conversations I had with Brian as well. Ultimately though,I decided my Legacy RHR will be my halo ring and my engagement ring would be a solitaire. Totally different look, but with the newly recut diamond, truly beautiful and not in competition. Each ring should stand on its own. Anyway, I''m babbling, but I just want you to know THANK YOU AGAIN for all of your insight and thoughtful feedback these past two weeks!! I really appreciate it and all your kind words!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/4/2008 1:23:03 PM
Author: Isabelle
Thanks Wink! I am so glad you think so b/c your opinion really matters. I always really enjoy reading your posts and your insight and to hear a real expert acknowledge this transformation is wonderful. Thank you! :)

LOL Allison!! You are speaking for me too! Boy, if only they could figure out how to do that!
1.gif

And you Dear Lady. Your constant kindness is also appreciated.

Wink

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:18:49 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 6/4/2008 12:59:52 PM
Author: Wink

diamond that has a heavy bottom can be slimmed up to reveal its hidden inner beauty.
Hahaha - now if I can just figure out how to get ME recut! A little slimming up on the bottom would be fabulous!
31.gif
31.gif
I hear ya. My lower girdle facets could be a tad shorter...
25.gif
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:59:52 PM

Date: 6/4/2008 12:57:40 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Well, the first thing that came to my mind is WOW!!! I didn''t realize a recut that did not compromise the size of the diamond could make such a difference. I have believed that cut is the most inportant factor to consider in picking a diamond (that is after I got myself educated on this site), but to see a before and after picture of the same diamond has really just brought the point home for me. I can''t wait to see the finished product!
Many diamonds can be recut with little to no loss in diameter, especially steep deeps. Most of the light return is determined by the pavilion, so a diamond that has a heavy bottom can be slimmed up to reveal its hidden inner beauty. Throw in some balanced with the pavilion angle crown angles and the dispersion can be added to turn a drab stone into a raving beauty! In this case our poster is telling us that Brian was able to make this incredible transformation with only a tiny girdling and a repolish on the pavilion.

Nicely done!

Wink
Thanks for the info. After reading posts below, which made me laugh, I started to think of it as diamond liposuction.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 7:44:16 PM
Date: 6/4/2008 1:23:03 PM

Thanks Wink! I am so glad you think so b/c your opinion really matters. I always really enjoy reading your posts and your insight and to hear a real expert acknowledge this transformation is wonderful. Thank you! :)

LOL Allison!! You are speaking for me too! Boy, if only they could figure out how to do that!
1.gif

And you Dear Lady. Your constant kindness is also appreciated.

Wink

Thanks Wink!! :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isabelle, this ''touchup'' blows my mind! i cannot believe the change and how little it took to make it happen! i cannot wait to see your pics of it, and i am so excited for you. my gosh.... the world of possiblities this opens up!!!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:45:35 PM
Thank youGwen!! I am really hoping to post lots of pics as soon as I get it back. I saw that MM thread today as well, and I agree with you about the way those prongs look. I can't see anyone being able to tell they are 'heart shaped' per se. LOL It's funny how we become so obsessed with things. Before I found PS, I loved my diamond and felt that it was almost as nice as a Tiffany. Then I read all you guys talking about Hearts and Arrows and ACA and I started to wonder: 'Hmmm...' Then I SAW the ACA and I couldn't stop thinking about it. And I couldn't get out of my head how my diamond just didn't look like that. From there came the recut, and then the next obsession became the prongs issue. LOL But it sure has been fun. I can't tell you how many 'halo'conversations I had with Brian as well. Ultimately though,I decided my Legacy RHR will be my halo ring and my engagement ring would be a solitaire. Totally different look, but with the newly recut diamond, truly beautiful and not in competition. Each ring should stand on its own. Anyway, I'm babbling, but I just want you to know THANK YOU AGAIN for all of your insight and thoughtful feedback these past two weeks!! I really appreciate it and all your kind words!
What do you mean, HOPING to post lots of pics? I think what you meant to say is that you absolutely and certainly without a doubt will be posting a mountain of pics...right? RIGHT?
11.gif
2.gif

Oh, and you're very welcome! I think you will be VERY, very happy with it!
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an incredible transformation!!! Congratulations to you!
I loved the way you started this thread too, very funny! When I got my ring back from WF Brian called me to make sure everything was ok and thank me for our business. I jokingly said to him in a sarcastic negative tone that I just could not believe how it turned out... I swear, he just HAD to know I was joking, but the first thing he said to me was "just tell me what it is and we will take care of it." I was shocked! Here they did everything possible to make sure this ring was exactly what I wanted, surely they knew how perfect it was yet he was still willing to fix something!! I started laughing and said "are you kidding, it''s gorgeous!"
He is fantastic at what he does and the WF team really is just incredible. Congratulations again!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy schnikeees, what a difference!!! WF did a fantastic job on that recut!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank youRainydaze and FireGoddess! I was really blown away by the transformation myself. :)

Thanks Gwen!! I really hope to post some good shots of it, but FOR SURE I will be posting shots! LOL :) I can''t wait!!

777 Ldy thank you so much for your compliments. I know exactly what you mean about Brian and the whole WF team. They are all very careful with their work and take pride in doing it right. I know Brian must be thrilled to know how happy you are with your beautiful ring. :) Can you refresh my memory and post a link to the thread showing it. I would love to see it again.

35.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 1:35:36 PM

777 Ldy thank you so much for your compliments. I know exactly what you mean about Brian and the whole WF team. They are all very careful with their work and take pride in doing it right. I know Brian must be thrilled to know how happy you are with your beautiful ring. :) Can you refresh my memory and post a link to the thread showing it. I would love to see it again.

35.gif
Sure Isabelle! I am still in love with it and still so incredibly impressed with the service I received from WF as I know you are too! It''s funny because Brian really didn''t need to step into my process, and I certainly didn''t expect him to follow up with me either. They all just went above and beyond like you described! I can''t wait to see pictures of your beauty!!
Here''s my eternity band, the center stone was my original engagement stone that I decided to keep.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-custom-tapered-eternity-ring.83245/

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 1:57:24 PM
Author: 777_LDY

35.gif

Sure Isabelle! I am still in love with it and still so incredibly impressed with the service I received from WF as I know you are too! It''s funny because Brian really didn''t need to step into my process, and I certainly didn''t expect him to follow up with me either. They all just went above and beyond like you described! I can''t wait to see pictures of your beauty!!

Here''s my eternity band, the center stone was my original engagement stone that I decided to keep.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-custom-tapered-eternity-ring.83245/

OMG!!! OMG!!! I REMEMBER THIS RING! Honestly, I showed one of my best friends and my husband the pictures of your ring when you posted them b/c I was telling them, "This is what I want to do in a few years!" I SO TOTALLY LOVE YOUR RING. I hope you go back and read what I wrote. I think I told you in that post that I wouldn''t mind following your lead. This is so funny. This is so kismet. It was seeing your ring that made me want to go over and see what WF was all about. Up until I saw your ring, I felt a little skeptical about all the buzz. But once you posted that incredible thing, I was absolutely intrigued. Do you get millions of compliments on your ring every day? You must b/c it is extraordinary. :)

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 4:18:37 PM

Date: 6/5/2008 1:57:24 PM
Author: 777_LDY

35.gif

OMG!!! OMG!!! I REMEMBER THIS RING! Honestly, I showed one of my best friends and my husband the pictures of your ring when you posted them b/c I was telling them, ''This is what I want to do in a few years!'' I SO TOTALLY LOVE YOUR RING. I hope you go back and read what I wrote. I think I told you in that post that I wouldn''t mind following your lead. This is so funny. This is so kismet. It was seeing your ring that made me want to go over and see what WF was all about. Up until I saw your ring, I felt a little skeptical about all the buzz. But once you posted that incredible thing, I was absolutely intrigued. Do you get millions of compliments on your ring every day? You must b/c it is extraordinary. :)
Oh my goodness, thank you so much Isabelle! You just made my day! And yes, I had gone back and read what you had written. I think it would be great if we could be ring twins!
2.gif
9.gif
I do get lots of compliments, lol, mostly from people who are genuinely interested in the design which is really neat!

I know I wouldn''t have posted the positive comments that I did if I wasn''t completely thrilled with the service that I received. And I can honestly say that I would recommend them (and already have!) to my closest friends and family and that is not something I take lightly either!

Thank you so much again for your kind words! I really am so happy that this turned out so great for you!
36.gif

Cocosgirl

Shiny_Rock
I feel so late to the party on this one but OMG!!! Makes me want to run out and buy a not so hot diamond and have Brian work his magic! It''s sort of like abstract art, I know it''s gorgeous but I don''t know how the artist gets there! Unbelievably gorgeous and can''t wait to see it in it''s setting!

CONGRATS.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
You are so welcome 777 Ldy I totally agree with you about WF and the incredible design of your ring. It is so beautiful. I can''t wait to get my ring. :)

Thank you so muchCocosgirl! I really agree with you about what they did with this diamond. It is art. Oh, and you are absolutely right: 40 must be the new 20, having turned 40 this year myself. :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results