shape
carat
color
clarity

My incredible newly recut RB: Thank you Brian Gavin and WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, the first thing that came to my mind is WOW!!! I didn''t realize a recut that did not compromise the size of the diamond could make such a difference. I have believed that cut is the most inportant factor to consider in picking a diamond (that is after I got myself educated on this site), but to see a before and after picture of the same diamond has really just brought the point home for me. I can''t wait to see the finished product!

teacherk

Rough_Rock
Wow! Amazing transformation! I didn''t even know they could do that! I thought recutting a stone meant sacrificing big chunks. WF is truly a wicked place
2.gif
I just made my first purchase from them and I''m hooked. Scoundrels.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle, congrats on the new stone - it must feel like having a brand new diamond - and don''t we love that feeling!
Awesome work by WF, and a great example of the importance of cut in your montage.
(...and I got your joke he he..)
36.gif
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Wow. What a nice job!
30.gif

And before recut, the inclusions on the crown had a reflection, now they look single, the reflection is almost gone.
I don''t know how much such a recut costs, but I''m interested, even if my diamond is shallow and I have to loose more weight.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRIKEY!!!! What a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That looks fantastic :) I am sure it will feel like a whole new diamond :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabelle its wonderful!!!!!!!!! How clever is Brian!!!! He is a genius!!!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
That is nothing short of stupendous! Holy moly, it looks AMAZING!!!! I love the side-by-side comparison chart to show the change--WOW!!!! Haha, I am so excited my fingers are tripping over themselves to write this post (I had like 23904802938 typos
3.gif
)!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is amazing.
Thanks for sharing the picture process with us.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I love this stuff!!!! Too cool!

What an amazing project and I thank you for sharing it with us!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Moko

Shiny_Rock
Isabelle,

Sorry, I posted earlier, but I could not stop thinking of their amazing job.

I think this is a new Era.
Like laser eye surgery and cosmetic treatment such as Botox injection, or cosmetic surgery...
Not many people would jump at those 10 years ago, but now it is getting pretty common now.
And we already found the best “doctor” here. We can keep the original stone which has “sentimental value,” but we can still “upgrade” it. And a good news is no side effect !!
I can already foresee a long line of patients in the waiting room from now on.

Once again, congratulations and thank you so much for sharing the information and your wonderful experience. Your stone looks spectacular!
30.gif

36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Moonwater: Thank you! I was really blown away myself b/c it really exceeded my expectations. :)

MarcyC: Thank you! I agree. I am so thankful.

JSM: Thanks! I am so thrilled.

Coatimundi I am DYING to see the final ring. It''s really quite a simple solitaire setting. I went with the W prong and I can''t wait to see it. :)

Thanks LtlFirecracker! I agree. It was very educational for me too. You can read all about how much "cut" matters, but until you actually see pictures like this, you just cannot visualize the difference. I really loved my diamond before I brought it in. And I got lots of compliments on it. But the difference in the light performance is really incredible. I am so thankful that it turned out like this!

Hi TeacherK I am guessing that it depends on what''s wrong with the diamond. My problems were mostly with the wavy girdle and the pavilion so I think that made it easier to fix without sacrificing too much in terms of carat weight or more importantly from a visual POV, diameter. Thank you so much for the kind words! I bet you are in love with your WF ring. They are so incredible. And your ring is GORGEOUS, by the way! :)

Thank you Arjunajane! It really does feel like a new diamond in some respects, but yet, it has still it''s great personality so it''s sort of like it got a makeover like we said last night! LOL

HiStephan--Thank you! I appreciate your insight as to the inclusions. I would call Brian and ask him about the costs b/c I am sure it varies per stone and carat weight as well. I remember that your stone was pretty large. :)

Thank you Lorelei, Deelight, and Maisie! I am SO happy with it, and your compliments mean so much to me. It is a huge difference Lorelei. I agree. It really DOES feel like a whole new diamond Deelight! Maisie, you said it all: Brian is a genius! :)

Thank you Gwendolyn I really owe you an extra special thank you b/c of all your insight offered on the other thread about the prongs. Brian and I had LONG discussions about it yesterday. But I chose to go with the W prong ring which cannot architecturally support a split prong. But here is the thing: I really studied the W prong ring they had made in the office with the heart prongs. They are so subtle Gwen. You wouldn''t believe it unless you saw them in person. When you blow the pic up on a computer screen, they look like big ol'' hearts. But it doesn''t look anything like that IRL. They just make the stone look like an almost perfect circle. I hope that when I get the finished ring (YAY!!) I will be able to post some pics that show how subtle these are IRL. I can''t wait for you to see it. :) Thank you so much for your kind words about the recut! I really appreciate it. :)

ThanksSevensOne I always so much enjoy your posts and I think your ring is so beautiful. I am glad you liked the pics and the diamond! :)

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!!!
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:25:58 AM
Author: Cachette
I love this stuff!!!! Too cool!

What an amazing project and I thank you for sharing it with us!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Thank you Cachette! Thanks for being interested. :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:34:44 AM
Author: Moko
Isabelle,

Sorry, I posted earlier, but I could not stop thinking of their amazing job.

I think this is a new Era.

Like laser eye surgery and cosmetic treatment such as Botox injection, or cosmetic surgery...

Not many people would jump at those 10 years ago, but now it is getting pretty common now.

And we already found the best “doctor” here. We can keep the original stone which has “sentimental value,” but we can still “upgrade” it. And a good news is no side effect !!

I can already foresee a long line of patients in the waiting room from now on.

Once again, congratulations and thank you so much for sharing the information and your wonderful experience. Your stone looks spectacular!
30.gif

36.gif

Thanks Moko! That''s really nice of you to say. I told Brian he was going to get a lot of calls about recuts now! LOL I think though from talking to him that it is very stone-specific as to what can be done. But it''s a great thing to know that such a thing is possible. :)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Isabelle,
Thank you for posting this fantastic process for all of us to see! It truly is a remarkable transformation. Exciting stuff happening at Whiteflash, for sure.

Can''t wait to see more!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Isabelle it looks absolutely spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WF is AWESOME I just adore them and love working with them.
Enjoy your new stone it is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Pixley and Butterflygrl23 Thank you both so much. I can''t wait to get my ring next week. They really are a great group to work with. :)

angeline

Ideal_Rock
A-MAZING!!! What a difference, and for only a few points loss, and a few hundred dollars??? I think WF will be flooded with people looking for such wonderful transformations!

Congratulations (and by the way good on you for being proudly low-brow! I''m a bit low-brow myself
31.gif
, but not as brave
2.gif
)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/3/2008 9:33:25 PM
Author: Isabelle

Date: 6/3/2008 9:30:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/3/2008 9:22:42 PM

Thanks Canuk-gal. (I''m not going to Scotland though. LOL Must be someone else. Someone very lucky!)
36.gif
HI:

I was making a joke also; yanno the folk song--''you take the high road and I''ll take the low road''.......
emnote.gif
(guess I''m just old to remember that one.....)

cheers--Sharon

LOL! I can''t believe I missed that one. LOL!! :)
I was right there with you and figured you must have been talking about Scotland in another thread. LOL! I am usually the one making outrageous puns. Good one Canuk Girl!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/4/2008 12:57:40 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Well, the first thing that came to my mind is WOW!!! I didn''t realize a recut that did not compromise the size of the diamond could make such a difference. I have believed that cut is the most inportant factor to consider in picking a diamond (that is after I got myself educated on this site), but to see a before and after picture of the same diamond has really just brought the point home for me. I can''t wait to see the finished product!
Many diamonds can be recut with little to no loss in diameter, especially steep deeps. Most of the light return is determined by the pavilion, so a diamond that has a heavy bottom can be slimmed up to reveal its hidden inner beauty. Throw in some balanced with the pavilion angle crown angles and the dispersion can be added to turn a drab stone into a raving beauty! In this case our poster is telling us that Brian was able to make this incredible transformation with only a tiny girdling and a repolish on the pavilion.

Nicely done!

Wink

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:59:52 PM
Author: Wink

diamond that has a heavy bottom can be slimmed up to reveal its hidden inner beauty.
Hahaha - now if I can just figure out how to get ME recut! A little slimming up on the bottom would be fabulous!
31.gif
31.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:50:39 PM
Author: angeline
A-MAZING!!! What a difference, and for only a few points loss, and a few hundred dollars??? I think WF will be flooded with people looking for such wonderful transformations!

Congratulations (and by the way good on you for being proudly low-brow! I''m a bit low-brow myself
31.gif
, but not as brave
2.gif
)

LOL! Thanks Angeline. It''s nice to get a little real world perspective on what WF is actually all about! Thank you for your kind words too!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Wink! I am so glad you think so b/c your opinion really matters. I always really enjoy reading your posts and your insight and to hear a real expert acknowledge this transformation is wonderful. Thank you! :)

LOL Allison!! You are speaking for me too! Boy, if only they could figure out how to do that!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a difference! It''s beautiful! And FWIW, I think your initial post was quite humorous!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, your recut turned out incredible!!!! You didn''t loose anything perceptable in size either, how great!! I hope you post some pictures of the final product.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice. That''s so little off the stone for such great results it''s incredible!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabelle, that''s a fantastic transformation! I can''t wait to see the pics once it''s set!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You inspired me! I was on the fence about whether to look into this or just leave well enough alone and now that I''ve seen yours I CAN''T leave it alone. Just talked to Lesley! I am a big fat copycat! (But I did actually post about this about a week ago
2.gif
)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:52:55 AM
Thank you Gwendolyn I really owe you an extra special thank you b/c of all your insight offered on the other thread about the prongs. Brian and I had LONG discussions about it yesterday. But I chose to go with the W prong ring which cannot architecturally support a split prong. But here is the thing: I really studied the W prong ring they had made in the office with the heart prongs. They are so subtle Gwen. You wouldn''t believe it unless you saw them in person. When you blow the pic up on a computer screen, they look like big ol'' hearts. But it doesn''t look anything like that IRL. They just make the stone look like an almost perfect circle. I hope that when I get the finished ring (YAY!!) I will be able to post some pics that show how subtle these are IRL. I can''t wait for you to see it. :) Thank you so much for your kind words about the recut! I really appreciate it. :)
Isabelle, you are such a sweetheart! Can I tell you that I absolutely LOVE the profile W-prongs make?! AND with delicate little heart prongs? Honey, I think you are going to end up with one AMAZING ring in the end! And it''s funny that you mention how small they look in person vs. being blown huge in macro on screen, because someone (gastro, I think?) just posted a gorgeous 4-prong by Mark Morrell and, with the handshots, I had to squint to see if they were heart prongs, and I only knew to look because I knew Mark usually does them! Sure enough they WERE heart prongs, but in normal view, they were incredibly subtle and delicate and just gorgeous! I am sure your ring is going to be the same, and I am just so excited for you!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:18:49 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 6/4/2008 12:59:52 PM
Author: Wink

diamond that has a heavy bottom can be slimmed up to reveal its hidden inner beauty.
Hahaha - now if I can just figure out how to get ME recut! A little slimming up on the bottom would be fabulous!
31.gif
31.gif

rotflmao2.gif

I couldn''t have said it better myself. (put me on the list for some re-cutting!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results