shape
carat
color
clarity

My incredible newly recut RB: Thank you Brian Gavin and WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:10:06 PM
Author: Isabelle
Thank you Ellen and Neat Freak! I am so excited. I can hardly wait for the ring to be ready. It''s a very simple solitaire, but I think it is going to be just beautiful.
Hey, that''s the best kind, imho.
2.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Dee-Jay!! You are so nice to say that.

Thanks Canuk-gal. (I''m not going to Scotland though. LOL Must be someone else. Someone very lucky!)

Hey New England Lady! I agree with you on the show! LOL And you are 100% right, b/c the stone truly does look bigger than it used to. Thank you for your kind words!

I am so excited you guys, I can''t stand it!!

36.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Isabelle,

I think that your re-cut is amazing! May I ask what the total stats were before and after the re-cut? Enjoy!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:14:40 PM

Date: 6/3/2008 9:06:02 PM
Author: lesco
Incredible... Congrats !

I''m amazed as how something like this can this be possible... I assume not all diamonds are good candidates for a recut correct?

Hi Lesco! Thank you! Yes, I think you are spot on. I am no expert, but what I learned from Brian is that there are a lot of factors that determine whether a diamond can be recut. And when I first met with him, that wasn''t even on the table. (No pun intended). I had asked if there was anything we could do to polish it or something, and that is when he started measuring it and such to see if recut was even possible. There were some pretty complicated computer programs involved and analyses that he did and I remember that it took quite a while to figure it all out. So, it probably isn''t for every stone, but I must say, Brian convinced me that he is really quite gifted in his field. :)
How cool... What a fun day we had today here on PS. We started the day with Ellen''s unveiling and now this ... Can''t wait for the obligatory photo session...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, that is just amazing! What a difference the cut makes...I love how you posted the pictures all together, very nice for comparison!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:15:54 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

It''s like Extreme Diamond Makeover--now that''s a show I''d watch!
emteeth.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Venice. I don''t have the new stats but here are the old stats from the GIA:

6.78 - 6.84 X 4.16 MM

1.15 Carats

Depth: 61.1%

Table: 58%

Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted

Cutlet: Very small

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Good

Clarity Grade: SI1

Color Grade: H

Fluoresence: None

Crown angle average 34.5
Crown Height 14.5%
Pavilion Angle Average 41.6
Pavilion Depth 44.0 %

HCA score: 5.4 “Good only if price is a primary concern” :(

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:27:43 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Holy cow, that is just amazing! What a difference the cut makes...I love how you posted the pictures all together, very nice for comparison!

Thanks Diamond Dana!

Lesco: Ellen had an "unveiling"?? I have to find this thread... :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2008 9:22:42 PM
Thanks Canuk-gal. (I''m not going to Scotland though. LOL Must be someone else. Someone very lucky!)
36.gif
HI:

I was making a joke also; yanno the folk song--"you take the high road and I''ll take the low road".......
emnote.gif
(guess I''m just old to remember that one.....)

cheers--Sharon

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:30:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal

36.gif
HI:

I was making a joke also; yanno the folk song--''you take the high road and I''ll take the low road''.......
emnote.gif

cheers--Sharon

LOL! I can''t believe I missed that one. LOL!! :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

36.gif
HI:

I was making a joke also; yanno the folk song--''you take the high road and I''ll take the low road''.......
emnote.gif

cheers--Sharon
I KNEW you were not that young.
11.gif

lol.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2008 9:33:25 PM

36.gif
HI:

emnote.gif

cheers--Sharon

LOL! I can''t believe I missed that one. LOL!! :)
HI:

No problemmo.
9.gif

I wanted to ask--the original HCA stated "good if price right". Just curious, did you get a "good price"?

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...how dare they?!!
11.gif

It looks amazing! I can''t believe the difference! If I didn''t already know it wasn''t I would assume it was an ACA from the pics! Congratulations! And I can''t wait to see the new ring!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
WF does it again! I am very impressed. I read about your trip to WF in the SMTR forum, and it convinced me to go with them. I''ll be making a trip to houston in a few weeks and I can''t wait!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It is incredible, yay for you Isabelle!!!
30.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cool. I did not know they could recut diamonds like that. Can they do that on my DH?!? LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks wonderful, Isabelle! Honestly, though, I think it looked pretty good before you had it recut! That was terrific that the crown and table were already very nice. My old stone would need a lot more work!

Moko

Shiny_Rock
Wow
6.gif
, How dare they do such a horrible thing to your precious stone!
It’s just amazing. I am more convinced that “Cut” is very important by this.
I am so impressed with their skill and technology. Wow
Congratulations and enjoy!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Brian the Cutter for sure! Awesome change to your diamond. Looking forward to pics of the ring.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:58:27 PM
Diamond after recutting:
Oh my goodness, that is freaking amazing!!! Congrats Isabelle, sooo beautiful!
3.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle-- That transformation is amazing! I am particularly impressed and intrigued because I am actually planning on doing this same thing to my stone. Mine is steep and deep and I''m hoping to just fix up the pavilion the way you did and not touch the crown (recommended by Garry Holloway). Did they indicate how risky this procedure is? I am getting mine evaluated soon but want to learn every possible detail. I am hoping and praying for a transformation like yours but am nervous about the risks.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Canuk-Gal, when we bought the diamond we paid $5850.00 in 1996 for the stone and the setting which was 18K gold shank with platinum prongs. So I think it was a pretty good price, though I am betting that you could do better online today. :)

Thank you Thing2of2!! I really appreciate you saying that. I think it is knocking on the ACA door, which is perfect enough for me. :)

AggieBling, I can pretty much guarantee that you will love your experience with them. I would be shocked if you don''t. And please keep us posted. :)

Thank you Kaleigh and Diamondseeker! That means a lot coming from you guys. I hated to leave it there to get set. Can not wait to get it back! :)

Neverendingupgrade: Would that it were that DH''s could be recut. LOL :) Well, I like mine just as he is actually. LOL Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you Moko! Yes, I agree. I think cut is so crucial, but back when we bought it, GIA didn''t grade cuts. How great that since 1997 when Brian introduced his methodology, things have really changed. Thank you for your kind words. :)

Thank you Skippy and Fly Girl! I am so over the moon. :) I am thrilled that you can see from these pictures what WF did for this diamond.

Hi Kelli! You know I think that for any diamond there is risk to recutting. But I think that if you use someone who really knows what they are doing, you are going to be okay. I would use someone who is really expert in the field if you can, which might mean mailing it off somewhere. So you have to have trust. I trusted Brian to do the best they could do and I just held my breath for the last 2 + weeks. But I am so glad that I did give him that trust, b/c the stone is truly beautiful now. (And I actually really liked it before, but now it is just gorgeous). :) Thank you so much for your kind words!:)

35.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
very cool before and after shots.

awsome!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Eva! I am really excited about it. Now I have to try to get some sleep...if that is even possible with all the excitement. :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 11:08:13 PM
Author: strmrdr
congrates!!!!

Thank you Stormrider! I am so glad I saw your post before I went to bed. I remember talking with you about this diamond back in late March I think it was. I am glad you think it looks good. :)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle! You are hilarious! And WF...wow...I didn''t even know they could do that!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a great deal for you.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an amazing difference! It looks absolutely gorgeous!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WoW! That''s just fantastic!
36.gif

Congratulations! I cannot wait to see the finished ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results