shape
carat
color
clarity

My incredible newly recut RB: Thank you Brian Gavin and WF!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys!

Well those horrible people at Whiteflash did it again. They had the nerve to recut my diamond that originally scored a 5.4 on the HCA scale and turn it into a "hearts and arrows" ~ AGS 1. And to add insult to injury, it only lost ~1/10 of 1 MM in diameter and around 9 points in carat weight (all on the pavilion). Well you can imagine my anger at Brian Gavin when I saw that my diamond looked absolutely incredible. First and foremost, I feel that I was misled and the victim of false advertising. For one thing, he had only told me it would improve. He never once said it would become a hearts and arrows. The nerve of this man. Worse, I was so offended by the way he spent time with me, showed me the before and after pictures, and then there were all those pesky employees who made a point of saying "Hello." I just personally found their professionalism and kindness to be really offensive. When I was there, I am sorry to report that a few people were calling in to buy diamonds, almost as if these buyers think Whiteflash is a business. Can you imagine??!! It really made me think, "Hey, these Whiteflash guys are so arrogant. How dare they?!" Nauseating.
9.gif

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Many LOL''s here...

Sorry, I just HAD to start off with a jokey in light of all the nonsense I have read the past couple of days with people trashing this incredible company.--A company whose ethics and craftsmanship I personally believe rivals any (ANY) Tier 1 retailer.

If I had just one sentence to sum up Whiteflash, I would say they are a second to none company that under-promises and over-delivers.

What more could anyone ask for? I hope every one here gets an opportunity to see their beautiful work. Here we go with some stats:

Original RB: 6.8 MM; 1.159 carat weight

After recutting which involved regirdling and blocking the bottom (reangling): 6.67 MM; 1.096 carat weight

Final RB (after polish and brillianteering): 6.67 MM; 1.062 carat weight

I plan to post some interesting pictures if I can get them to work. Please bear with me. :)
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Old Idealscope:

Old_IdealScope.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Old "hearts" (if you can call them that ;-) )

Old_HeartsArrows.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Well!! The nerve of some vendors
23.gif
Not only did they meet your expectations--they exceeded them
9.gif
I hope you will enjoy your newish diamond and wear it well. Don't take too long getting those pics up or I shall taunt you again
3.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Old "hearts" (if you can call them that ;-) )

Old_Hearts.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:38:59 PM
Author: risingsun
Well!! The nerve of some vendors
23.gif
Not only did they meet your expectations--they exceeded them
9.gif
I hope you will enjoy your newish diamond and wear it well. Don''t take too long getting those pics up or I shall taunt you again
3.gif

I hear ya. I was really upset. Whenever I look at my new ring, I am just going to get hopping mad with how pretty it is. I am simply OUTRAGED. :) LOL

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Old Aset:

Old_Aset.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
New Ideal Scope:

New_IdealScope.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
New hearts and arrows:

New_HeartsArrows.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
New ASET:

New_Aset.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What an incredible transformation. Whiteflash is just awesome.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:33:24 PM
Author:Isabelle
Hi Guys!

Well those horrible people at Whiteflash did it again. They had the nerve to recut my diamond that originally scored a 5.4 on the HCA scale and turn it into a ''hearts and arrows'' ~ AGS 1. And to add insult to injury, it only lost ~1/10 of 1 MM in diameter and around 9 points in carat weight (all on the pavilion). Well you can imagine my anger at Brian Gavin when I saw that my diamond looked absolutely incredible. First and foremost, I feel that I was misled and the victim of false advertising. For one thing, he had only told me it would improve. He never once said it would become a hearts and arrows. The nerve of this man. Worse, I was so offended by the way he spent time with me, showed me the before and after pictures, and then there were all those pesky employees who made a point of saying ''Hello.'' I just personally found their professionalism and kindness to be really offensive. When I was there, I am sorry to report that a few people were calling in to buy diamonds, almost as if these buyers think Whiteflash is a business. Can you imagine??!! It really made me think, ''Hey, these Whiteflash guys are so arrogant. How dare they?!'' Nauseating.
9.gif

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Many LOL''s here...

Sorry, I just HAD to start off with a jokey in light of all the nonsense I have read the past couple of days with people trashing this incredible company.--A company whose ethics and craftsmanship I personally believe rivals any (ANY) Tier 1 retailer.

Glad you had a great experience. You know though, you seem to be acting in a way that you claim to oppose. You seem to want to suggest you''re above other people''s antics but yet you take an entire paragraph to make a jab at another poster.

Not cool and certainly not in line with the spirit of this forum.

Why not just take the high road?

Like I said though, the recut looks awesome. Can I ask, how much it cost? Does it cost less than purchasing a well cut stone to begin with? I assume not but I try not to assume. If it''s tacky to ask then don''t answer. This is a faceless forum though dedicated to information so I hope you feel comfortable disclosing. Thanks regardless! Oh, and one last congrats on the rock!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Isabelle, I''m soooooooooooooo sorry!
38.gif
They just can''t seem to stop themselves, can they.
7.gif
How are you going to live with it like this??!

9.gif
It''s stupendous!!
36.gif
Congrats, it''s just going to be stunning! Woohooo!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Before I post the before and after picture of the actual diamond, I just wanted to clarify a couple of points on the recut. Brian Gavin (he posts on PS under the moniker "Brianthecutter") told me upfront that we probably wouldn''t hit ACA on the recut because I really didn''t want to sacrifice very much carat weight and almost no diameter, and there is no way a cutter can forecast before recutting what the result will be, because, among other things, they never saw the rough. So the goal was to improve optical symmetry and light return. And having seen it in person, I can say for sure, it DID that and much more. I am thrilled with the stone. And as soon as the ring is ready, I will post pictures, of course! :) And here are the pics of the diamond itself:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:50:34 PM
Author: IronMikey

Glad you had a great experience. You know though, you seem to be acting in a way that you claim to oppose. You seem to want to suggest you''re above other people''s antics but yet you take an entire paragraph to make a jab at another poster.

Like I said though, the recut looks awesome. Can I ask, how much it cost? Does it cost less than purchasing a well cut stone to begin with? I assume not but I try not to assume. If it''s tacky to ask then don''t answer. This is a faceless forum though dedicated to information so I hope you feel comfortable disclosing. Thanks regardless! Oh, and one last congrats on the rock!
Why not just laugh, it was a joke. Lighten up!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond before recutting:

Old_Diamond before recut.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond after recutting:

New_Diamond after recut.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:50:34 PM
Date: 6/3/2008 8:33:24 PM

Author:Isabelle

Hi Guys!

Well those horrible people at Whiteflash did it again. They had the nerve to recut my diamond that originally scored a 5.4 on the HCA scale and turn it into a ''hearts and arrows'' ~ AGS 1. And to add insult to injury, it only lost ~1/10 of 1 MM in diameter and around 9 points in carat weight (all on the pavilion). Well you can imagine my anger at Brian Gavin when I saw that my diamond looked absolutely incredible. First and foremost, I feel that I was misled and the victim of false advertising. For one thing, he had only told me it would improve. He never once said it would become a hearts and arrows. The nerve of this man. Worse, I was so offended by the way he spent time with me, showed me the before and after pictures, and then there were all those pesky employees who made a point of saying ''Hello.'' I just personally found their professionalism and kindness to be really offensive. When I was there, I am sorry to report that a few people were calling in to buy diamonds, almost as if these buyers think Whiteflash is a business. Can you imagine??!! It really made me think, ''Hey, these Whiteflash guys are so arrogant. How dare they?!'' Nauseating.
9.gif

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Many LOL''s here...

Hi IronMike! Well let me just assure you that I am a very low road, low brow type. And when I see sumpin'' fishy going on, you can pretty much count on me to call a spade a spade. :) But the good news is that b/c I am so low road, I am not at all offended by your question! And I agree with you that PS is all about sharing information and sharing the love. And tonight, I am feeling the love, Baby! The cost varies depending on how much work they have to do. I would budget a few hundred dollars at least. Thank you so much for your kind words on the rock, by the way. I always enjoy your posts.
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
And the entire composite:

OldvsNew_Entire.jpg

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible... Congrats !
I'm amazed as how something like this can this be possible... I assume not all diamonds are good candidates for a recut correct?

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
WOW -- a couple hundred bucks for that change!

That''s AMAZING. A good amazing. An amazing amazing.

Is it worth the $ when you look at the stone? I can''t imagine it wouldn''t be. I bet a vendor could do nicely for themselves recutting poorly cut stones.

Are certain stones better candidates than others. Sorry to thread jack if I am just ignore me. I''m just fascinated!

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
I assume not all diamonds are good candidates for a recut correct?

Haha, read my post right below

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic transformation!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love the way they "tidied" it up! $$ well spent. P.S Have a good time in Scotland!

cheers--Sharon

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Ellen and Neat Freak! I am so excited. I can hardly wait for the ring to be ready. It''s a very simple solitaire, but I think it is going to be just beautiful.

IronMikey, I told you, I think the cost depends on the amount of work involved, and I would say that each case is different. Even though my diamond started out as a bit of a "dog" I think, there was probably less work involved since they didn''t touch the crown. Like I said, I think you would budget a few hundred dollars at least, but I would probably talk to whomever you are going to enlist and get an idea from them. (I assume also, that they would actually have to see and evaluate the diamond in order to know whether a recut is even possible or how much the stone would lose in terms of carat weight and/or diameter). I hope that helps.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:10:06 PM
Author: Isabelle
Thank you Ellen and Neat Freak! I am so excited. I can hardly wait for the ring to be ready. It''s a very simple solitaire, but I think it is going to be just beautiful.

IronMikey, I told you, I think the cost depends on the amount of work involved, and I would say that each case is different. Even though my diamond started out as a bit of a ''dog'' I think, there was probably less work involved since they didn''t touch the crown. Like I said, I think you would budget a few hundred dollars at least, but I would probably talk to whomever you are going to enlist and get an idea from them. (I assume also, that they would actually have to see and evaluate the diamond in order to know whether a recut is even possible or how much the stone would lose in terms of carat weight and/or diameter). I hope that helps.

It does - thanks so much for taking the time.

I think you''re going to have to hand out a lot of "thank yous" on this thread....the complement train is gearing up

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:06:02 PM
Author: lesco
Incredible... Congrats !

I''m amazed as how something like this can this be possible... I assume not all diamonds are good candidates for a recut correct?

Hi Lesco! Thank you! Yes, I think you are spot on. I am no expert, but what I learned from Brian is that there are a lot of factors that determine whether a diamond can be recut. And when I first met with him, that wasn''t even on the table. (No pun intended). I had asked if there was anything we could do to polish it or something, and that is when he started measuring it and such to see if recut was even possible. There were some pretty complicated computer programs involved and analyses that he did and I remember that it took quite a while to figure it all out. So, it probably isn''t for every stone, but I must say, Brian convinced me that he is really quite gifted in his field. :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow!!!! I can''t believe all of that was achieved in just 9 points of carat weight!!! And I bet it looks much, much larger because the cut is so fantastic!!

It''s like Extreme Diamond Makeover--now that''s a show I''d watch!

Congrats on the stunning new stone!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:06:27 PM
WOW -- a couple hundred bucks for that change!

That''s AMAZING. A good amazing. An amazing amazing.

Is it worth the $ when you look at the stone? I can''t imagine it wouldn''t be. I bet a vendor could do nicely for themselves recutting poorly cut stones.

Are certain stones better candidates than others. Sorry to thread jack if I am just ignore me. I''m just fascinated!

Yeah, I really love it. I mean, it is SO NOTICEABLE. And you know what is really ironic about it is that though it lost 1/10 MM in diameter ( well really .13 to be precise), it actually looks a lot larger now b/c there isn''t any light leaking out from the outer rim of the stone. In any light it looks so much better. I hated to leave it to get reset. :) Thank you again for your kindness..and for taking the high road! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results