shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband has covid

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Seriously though…. And he is outside grilling duck breasts….. at 11:15 pm. Lord hammercy

I’m so glad he is better! And definitely well enough to have an appetite!

Question (not Covid related)I’m curious about where to go to buy duck breast ?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this thread. Glad your DH is getting better. Sending you all lot of HUGS!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @whitewave , I hope your DH has a speedy recovery and you and your family stay well. Take care.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear that. Several of our friends and my cousin have tested positive recently. Thankfully they are all quadruple vaccinated (we had the Sinopharm very early here then followed up by the Pfizer) and have either asymptomatic or very mild symptoms. But being quarantined over Christmas and new year is pretty miserable nonetheless. It’s ten days isolation here, with a tracker watch on, and you need two negative PCR test to be “released”. The rest of the family must do seven days isolation and one negative on day six to be allowed out.

Hope your husband fully recovers quickly.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My darling daughter and her boyfriend recently had it. His asthma kicked up, but he was ultimately fine. They kept an eye on his oxygen. He needed his inhaler. My daughter Katie had 99 degrees for a day, a sore throat, mild aches and a runny nose. It ended up a typical runny nose/cold type presentation. Everyone is continuing to do well. I was exposed and didn't pick it up. DD and I had lunch and hung out together before dx. That and I had recently had my booster.

She did have a negative rapid test a few hours before she had symptoms. PCR is better at picking up asymptomatic infections. The fact she did not have a significant amount of virus in her nose was possibly why I didn't get sick. We chatted face to face for an easy hour at the restaurant.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My darling daughter and her boyfriend recently had it. His asthma kicked up, but he was ultimately fine. They kept an eye on his oxygen. He needed his inhaler. My daughter Katie had 99 degrees for a day, a sore throat, mild aches and a runny nose. It ended up a typical runny nose/cold type presentation. Everyone is continuing to do well. I was exposed and didn't pick it up. DD and I had lunch and hung out together before dx. That and I had recently had my booster.

She did have a negative rapid test a few hours before she had symptoms. PCR is better at picking up asymptomatic infections. The fact she did not have a significant amount of virus in her nose was possibly why I didn't get sick. We chatted face to face for an easy hour at the restaurant.

I’m sorry they got it @MMtwo..I’m glad that they had a mild case and you didn’t get it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, again, everyone. It is a source of comfort to have your support.

This morning, his pulse ox is 95 (lying down before he woke up for the day, back sleeper) and his temp is normal.

His cough is mild, but seems to have gotten a bit worse. To explain it, it sounds like a winter cold cough. Not like a bronchitis cough.

He just did the dishes. He is a type a+++ personality so it’s hard for him to sit there and be still.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he seems to be perking up! Many folks I know with 3 doses of vaccine are testing positive...scary stuff!

It really is frightening. If I knew I would have a mild case with no lingering effects (even years later like chronic fatigue), I’d go kiss him.

You just don’t know what flavor you will get.

Btw, I asked my RN sister why she thought a faint line wasn’t a line and she said she didn’t take a Binax test— some generic brand she can’t remember and it didn’t have the thorough explanation of any line, even a faint line, is a positive.

still, seems a bit off because I would have considered that a faint pregnancy line.

It turns out that her husband and kids were all sick and she was the last to get it; now they figure they all must have had covid since she tested positive. So kinda a relief (they are all as jabbed as possible— they youngest is 11 so I think is only double…. I’m not sure about how many kids can have— the eldest is 16)….

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers that he continues to recover and that you won’t get it! And if you do, I hope you’re asymptomatic. I would have banished my husband to one area lol! No moving around:lol:
My coworker tested positive before Christmas at urgent care (pcr test), then tested again at Mt Sinai hospital the same day she received her positive results and that was negative. I spent the whole day at work with her so wanted to test too. Took me a week to get a spot and then spent over 5 hours in line. I wish there was better access to tests in Brooklyn. It’s absolutely horrid.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers that he continues to recover and that you won’t get it! And if you do, I hope you’re asymptomatic. I would have banished my husband to one area lol! No moving around:lol:
My coworker tested positive before Christmas at urgent care (pcr test), then tested again at Mt Sinai hospital the same day she received her positive results and that was negative. I spent the whole day at work with her so wanted to test too. Took me a week to get a spot and then spent over 5 hours in line. I wish there was better access to tests in Brooklyn. It’s absolutely horrid.

I’m down to 1 box of Binax, so I’m only testing assumed positives from now on.

since my last update, he has been hauling wood to the fireplace, eating a bunch of stuff, watching football on TV, and sitting outside in 30 degree weather (with an electric blanket)…. I have lost control of this situation. I’m not taking his vitals anymore unless he take a turn back to sleeping all the time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m down to 1 box of Binax, so I’m only testing assumed positives from now on.

since my last update, he has been hauling wood to the fireplace, eating a bunch of stuff, watching football on TV, and sitting outside in 30 degree weather (with an electric blanket)…. I have lost control of this situation. I’m not taking his vitals anymore unless he take a turn back to sleeping all the time.

@whitewave..I feel bad for you but he sounds like fun..:lol:
I hope you stay negative..No kissing him until he’s over it! Haha

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Checking in and loving the good news!
Prayers continue for you both!!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He’s been propositioning me since yesterday :lol:

I am sorry to see your hubby is sick but this made me laugh. My husband is also a A++++ personality and he can't sit quietly. So I can picture your situation.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to see your hubby is sick but this made me laugh. My husband is also a A++++ personality and he can't sit quietly. So I can picture your situation.

They get more done with covid than I do in 2 weeks.

His cough seems to be lessening, so it seems like he is getting better (though I know this is when Covid can throw a curve ball…)

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They get more done with covid than I do in 2 weeks.

His cough seems to be lessening, so it seems like he is getting better (though I know this is when Covid can throw a curve ball…)

I hope he continues to improve. Sending lots of healing vibes his way!

Yes, that's my husband. Just reading his daily to do list makes me tired. :lol-2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He is a doctor, so he is exposed on the regular but he went to the Monday night football game in New Orleans and forgot his mask in the car. Luckily, he is off for a week and since he is Pfizer x3 hopefully he will stay low viral load.

I wanted to show his positive test because it’s very faint but still a positive.

His symptoms are mostly great fatigue, temps in the 99s, sneezy, cough, light headache, congestion etc.

Test at 15 mins (they said to read at 15-30 mins)
BEF28FB6-4F5D-4842-95A0-835FEED63DC1.jpeg

Test at 20 mins:
9DA353C5-9201-4E7C-BCB9-8F06A8413AE7.jpeg

Test at 30 mins:
8FEDA2BA-23A7-4519-8DD1-78C48A30750D.jpeg

I caught it week before Thanksgiving. PCR test. Probably caught it when I got my booster at Walgreens. Because I’m immunosuppressed I got the monoclonal antibody treatment. It helped a lot. Tylenol didn’t help much. Advil was better. I alternated between the two. I just stayed in my bedroom in my house. No one else caught it from me. Hope he gets better soon! I just slept all the time and coughed. Oh hospital also prescribed inhaler which helped. My O2 sats never went below 95. I did have a lung sort of crackle but it went away and I didn’t get Covid pneumonia. Hope he continues to improve!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

honestly this is the story of the pandemic :x2
does'nt matter where in the world we are the powers at be are either failing at the same things or just going around and around in circles making the same mistakes as everyone else
is no one learning anything ?
we are two years into this thing !

its good you didn't catch it - phew
i hope you co-worker has now recovered

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are feeling better and came through it without issues @caf ! I'm sure it was not fun.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I caught it week before Thanksgiving. PCR test. Probably caught it when I got my booster at Walgreens. Because I’m immunosuppressed I got the monoclonal antibody treatment. It helped a lot. Tylenol didn’t help much. Advil was better. I alternated between the two. I just stayed in my bedroom in my house. No one else caught it from me. Hope he gets better soon! I just slept all the time and coughed. Oh hospital also prescribed inhaler which helped. My O2 sats never went below 95. I did have a lung sort of crackle but it went away and I didn’t get Covid pneumonia. Hope he continues to improve!

Sounds like a close call and I’m glad you are better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@caf I’m happy you came through it okay..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave How is your hubby doing this morning? I know you said you only have two tests left. Are you going to test yourself at some point?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results