shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband has covid

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is a doctor, so he is exposed on the regular but he went to the Monday night football game in New Orleans and forgot his mask in the car. Luckily, he is off for a week and since he is Pfizer x3 hopefully he will stay low viral load.

I wanted to show his positive test because it’s very faint but still a positive.

His symptoms are mostly great fatigue, temps in the 99s, sneezy, cough, light headache, congestion etc.

Test at 15 mins (they said to read at 15-30 mins)
BEF28FB6-4F5D-4842-95A0-835FEED63DC1.jpeg

Test at 20 mins:
9DA353C5-9201-4E7C-BCB9-8F06A8413AE7.jpeg

Test at 30 mins:
8FEDA2BA-23A7-4519-8DD1-78C48A30750D.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @whitewave. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Thanks. He is miserable. It’s definitely worse than a cold— usually with a cold you can still go to work etc. He is too fatigued to get out of bed. So far, I would say it’s not as bad as when we had flu A.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping he has a quick recovery @whitewave . I didn't realize that after 3 vaxs that the fatigue would set in so badly.
Glad you pointed out that it doesn't take much of a line to be positive. Keep us posted on how long it last for him.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping he has a quick recovery @whitewave . I didn't realize that after 3 vaxs that the fatigue would set in so badly.
Glad you pointed out that it doesn't take much of a line to be positive. Keep us posted on how long it last for him.

I’ll keep everyone posted. I think it will help everyone to see how this goes given he is triple vaxxed. And thanks!

@Karl_K how are you doing?

Oh, and just for more information, he does have high blood pressure and has been on meds for that for about 15 years maybe? It runs in his family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad he is triple vaxxed and wishing him a speedy recovery! And you stay safe OK?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave I hope your husband's symptoms resolve quickly! I was just talking with a friend last night who was 1 week short of getting her booster when she caught it at work and was sick over Christmas. Her symptoms sounded similar to your husband's.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he's 3x waxed. :clap:
Hope you don't get it, and he fully recovers soon!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry. Hopefully he feels better soon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad he is triple vaxxed and wishing him a speedy recovery! And you stay safe OK?

Thanks, everyone.
@missy I didn’t go to the Nola or the game (sounded like a dumb idea to me) and then he did surgery for 2 days— second day he took cat naps in between cases but luckily wore a mask all day because of surgery….

He didn’t get home until late on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday I had to go out of town to help my daughter move into a new apartment, and I slept over in that town.

So now my daughter and I are wearing KN95 masks inside and when I check on him I wear a shield also.

I have the Dyson air purifier on high and since it’s mild outside, have windows and doors open.

My daughter and I feel fine so far. My son who went to the game with him feels fine and my other son has had a sinus and ear infection for a month, so hasn’t been able to get the booster. I have tested him twice and urgent care tested him once and he continues to be negative.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry! ANd thank you for sharing the photos of the test because wow, that line is faint and I can see how people can overlook it. That is SO helpful. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry! ANd thank you for sharing the photos of the test because wow, that line is faint and I can see how people can overlook it. That is SO helpful. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Yeah, so it turns out that my RN sister and her family had covid (she was the last to get the cold symptoms) two weeks ago and she took a test and it was that faint so she assumed it was negative. They are all triple vaxxed.

READ THE DIRECTIONS, PEOPLE!! :geek::eek2::geek2::wall:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you and your family get through this swiftly. Thanks for sharing!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @whitewave and am sending dust and prayers for a quick recovery for your husband. Thankful his symptoms haven’t been severe.

Please take precautions to keep yourself safe. Are you doing ok? this had to be scary for you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending him (and you) healing vibes and hoping he recovers quickly and fully!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry to hear this!! What a way to start the new year :(sad But thank goodness for the 3x Pfizer. I appreciate you sharing the PSA about faint lines. Crossing fingers that your husband feels better soon and that your family stays healthy!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @whitewave and am sending dust and prayers for a quick recovery for your husband. Thankful his symptoms haven’t been severe.

Please take precautions to keep yourself safe. Are you doing ok? this had to be scary for you.

I’m definitely freaked out. His pulse ox was 92 just now. I made him walk to get his kleenex. I put it at the door and left. He says I’m being mean, but doctors truly are the worst patients.

Also, like with my sister who should have known any line is a positive, I really think there is a giant level of denial about covid… he thinks it’s more or less a bad cold and she assumed a faint line was a negative??!!!

These are people who know better!!!

edit: his pulse ox is 96 now that he is in the den and sitting up

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m definitely freaked out. His pulse ox was 92 just now. I made him walk to get his kleenex. I put it at the door and left. He says I’m being mean, but doctors truly are the worst patients.

Also, like with my sister who should have known any line is a positive, I really think there is a giant level of denial about covid… he thinks it’s more or less a bad cold and she assumed a faint line was a negative??!!!

These are people who know better!!!

edit: his pulse ox is 96 now that he is in the den and sitting up

I hope he’s confined to an area away from you like a bedroom. You said he’s sitting in the den. If that’s a common area I would make him totally isolate. I’m worried for you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he’s confined to an area away from you like a bedroom. You said he’s sitting in the den. If that’s a common area I would make him totally isolate. I’m worried for you.

Thanks, I’m wearing a kn95 mask, my glasses and a face shield. I’m going to test myself later on just in case I’m asymptomatic positive.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be freaked out too @whitewave. Please know you aren’t being mean. None of us know how this virus will affect us. It’s best to take precautions and stay safe.

I saw something on Inside Edition (which I’m fully aware isn’t a news source) that kind of shocked me, Someone working there had all the symptoms of Covid. She felt she had the virus. She did two tests at the same time. One swabbing her nose and the other swabbing her throat. The nose swab came back negative while the throat swab result was positive. They showed her doing the tests and showed the swab results. It made me wonder if we should be doing the tests both ways. If this woman went strictly by the nose swab she would think she never had Covid.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be freaked out too @whitewave. Please know you aren’t being mean. None of us know how this virus will affect us. It’s best to take precautions and stay safe.

I saw something on Inside Edition (which I’m fully aware isn’t a news source) that kind of shocked me, Someone working there had all the symptoms of Covid. She felt she had the virus. She did two tests at the same time. One swabbing her nose and the other swabbing her throat. The nose swab came back negative while the throat swab result was positive. They showed her doing the tests and showed the swab results. It made me wonder if we should be doing the tests both ways. If this woman went strictly by the nose swab she would think she never had Covid.

I agree. I have read a throat swab is better.

I look a mess. Happy Fing New Year’s Day.
AF3B5835-6819-4F53-AF29-CD411F7F0988.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That's for the FYI @whitewave. I hope your husband's recovery is a quick one. Stay safe!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The tests that @Austina got from the UK have you swab the throat first..then the nose. I read that sometimes you can have a larger viral load in the throat.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tests that @Austina got from the UK have you swab the throat first..then the nose. I read that sometimes you can have a larger viral load in the throat.

They said what you wrote on the show about the throat having the higher viral load. I’m not sure if this just applies to Omicron?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They said what you wrote on the show about the throat having the higher viral load. I’m not sure if this just applies to Omicron?

I read this before Omicron…

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to see this @whitewave and I wish your dh a quick recovery...and you're not being mean, it makes sense for you to protect yourself in any way you can! Stay safe and hang in there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results