shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My BGD rose gold trellis three stone *RESET*!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my glamor shots from BGD and I am so excited and happy!!

My original ring was a rose gold trellis three stone too... but as you can see from the glamor shots- it was nowhere near what I wanted from my engagement ring... too wide for me and not delicate enough. No one else could see anything but obviously I was obsessing over it everyday. The difference looks incredible!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Center stone: 0.64 ACA H Si1
Sides 2 x 0.15 H Si1

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
2054_briangavin_comparison4b_111412.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
With my old setting (interesting to see BGD 18k rose gold is a lot pinker than my original ring which was also 18k rose gold)

5275_briangavin_comparison3b_111412.jpg

4821_briangavin_comparison1b_111412.jpg

8138_briangavin_comparison2b_111412.jpg

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
hi junerose!

the color of new setting is fabulous!
is it just an impression, or are the stones closer to each other?
also, big improvement on the shank.. nicely round and comfortable, I believe!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a difference the new setting makes! I love your new BGD one! I like the color better on their rose gold also!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
dianabarbara|1352914233|3306403 said:
hi junerose!

the color of new setting is fabulous!
is it just an impression, or are the stones closer to each other?
also, big improvement on the shank.. nicely round and comfortable, I believe!

Thanks dianabarbara! The whole setting is now a lot more delicate, so everything looks closer together. The metal took up so much more space in the old setting, now it will be all about the diamonds!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
I love rose gold! what are you going to do with the old setting? perhaps get a stunt ring with another type of stone for harsh sports and travelling? aaand.. can we get a hand shot? :naughty:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I don't post often, but wanted to pop in and say it's fabulous!! Any handshots?

I'm interested to hear your opinion on having RG prongs vs. the old WG ones...

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mom2Boys!

dianabarbara|1352915046|3306414 said:
I love rose gold! what are you going to do with the old setting? perhaps get a stunt ring with another type of stone for harsh sports and travelling? aaand.. can we get a hand shot? :naughty:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the old setting... I don't really need 2 trellis settings! I will probably sell it on the bistro.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New setting looks great!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1352915406|3306424 said:
I don't post often, but wanted to pop in and say it's fabulous!! Any handshots?

I'm interested to hear your opinion on having RG prongs vs. the old WG ones...

Handshots will have to wait until Friday when I get it I'm afraid! I am counting down the hours....
I wasn't sure what to do about the colour of the metal for the prongs -I posted in Rocky Talky and people voted for all rose gold. Lesley at BGD told me she didn't think it would work as well with white gold prongs because it would affect the "flow" of the setting. I really like the look of the rose gold prongs in the glamor shots so fingers crossed I like it as much in real life!

AP1976

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is spectacular! I love the delicate look and the color is really beautiful. My trellis is boxy like your old one and I'm not sure I love it, BGD did a great job on the new setting!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe how white those diamonds look with the rose gold prongs! Can you tell us the differences between the settings? There's no question about the beauty of the new one compared to the old... this looks like money very well spent to me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks amazing! What a gorgeous color that rose gold is!! Congrats on the new setting!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love your new setting and see a huge difference between the two. When I saw your pic's I said out loud "Wow, thats beautiful, now I want one!"
Good thing I'm home today with only my dogs to hear me :cheeky:

Looking forward to handshots!!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Laila619, AP1976, yennyfire & woofmama!!

Missymoo- The shank of the new one is 2mm thin and the whole thing is in rose gold with claw prongs. Otherwise they are the "same" ring but the BGD is much better made! I think the rose gold prongs make the diamonds really POP and look even whiter!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, that is seriously beautiful!!!!! :love: :love: :love: I LOVE IT. I love the daintier setting and the all rose gold looks so much better than the 2-tone in my opinion. Leslie is right, it just flows better. And of course those prongs are just YUMMY :lickout: :bigsmile: Can't wait to see handshots!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
JuneRose|1352922555|3306539 said:
Thank you Laila619, AP1976, yennyfire & woofmama!!

Missymoo- The shank of the new one is 2mm thin and the whole thing is in rose gold with claw prongs. Otherwise they are the "same" ring but the BGD is much better made! I think the rose gold prongs make the diamonds really POP and look even whiter!

ditto. I very much agree on that! funny, as white prongs are the routine advice to make stones look whiter.. food for thought..

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1352923370|3306558 said:
Oh my gosh, that is seriously beautiful!!!!! :love: :love: :love: I LOVE IT. I love the daintier setting and the all rose gold looks so much better than the 2-tone in my opinion. Leslie is right, it just flows better. And of course those prongs are just YUMMY :lickout: :bigsmile: Can't wait to see handshots!

Aw thank you stargurl! The prongs on my old setting were BULKY so I am so excited about the claw prongs! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Night and day, the difference is astonishing!

I think with such a colorless stone you won't notice much difference with the rose gold prongs.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
OMG love love love :love: :love: :love: your ring!!! The color is amazing!! Congratulations! I cannot wait to own something rose gold!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! I agree, the rose gold looks absolutely perfect with your stones. New ring, soon to have new earrings...you're gonna be a whole new woman, huh??! :appl:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1352928532|3306653 said:
It's gorgeous!! I agree, the rose gold looks absolutely perfect with your stones. New ring, soon to have new earrings...you're gonna be a whole new woman, huh??! :appl:

I know I am a very lucky woman!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1352925883|3306610 said:
Night and day, the difference is astonishing!

I think with such a colorless stone you won't notice much difference with the rose gold prongs.

I hope not -I'm interested to see if I do notice a difference.

Thank you Schafenm, I love rose gold -it seems to suit my skintone best.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! The difference in golds is quite stark. I love BGD's 18k RG! I typically go for the rosier 14k, but BGD's 18k is so YUMMY! :lickout:

Gorgeous ring! Congrats! Your original was one of my fav's, but your reset is just ... *sigh* :love: :appl:

Anise

Rough_Rock
That's really beautiful. I love BGD's trellis settings.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see it when you get it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy! I love the more fluid look of BGD trellis vs your original, it just seems so much more natural and organic looking! Amazing difference (that only us PSers ever notice!) and we'll worth the reset. I'm kind of fond of his trellis work myself, tee hee!

Beautiful! Enjoy!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love the daintier rose gold setting but I also love the size proportions of your three stones. The two smaller diamonds on the sides really highlight the centre stone. This ring shows the lovely balance that can be created in a three stone ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results