shape
carat
color
clarity

My BEAutiful Bella

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Austina, Bella is so beautiful, may you enjoy every moment discovering her sparkly personality. Looks right at home on your beautiful hand :love:.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, what a fairy tale story! I love that you both ended up with pieces that make your hearts go pitter patter and that Bea/Bella stayed in the PS family!! Heartfelt congrats!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That is a stunner!! Am so glad Bea/Bella found a good home with a PS-er and pls enjoy your wonderful beauty.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I love the story, the stone and the setting - just perfect. We need more beautiful old cuts winging their way across the Atlantic!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very happy to see this very special ring go to a great PSer! What amazing timing that you were in NY at exactly the right time to see it as Missy was close to accessing her new stone! Two very lucky ladies!!!:appl: Enjoy your gorgeous Bella!!!

You know, it really was kismet. So many things just came together to make it happen.

The trip to NY wasn’t one we’d been planning. I came home one day and DH said he’d had an email from our travel agent about a cruise we’d thought about doing in the future. It was fairly short notice for us (12 weeks ahead) and my first thought was “the dogsitter won’t be available, we probably won’t get flights or the cabin we want.”

Anyway, he put the cruise on hold, while I contacted our dogsitter, and he looked for flights. We mentioned it to DS who said that his partner was going to be in NY a few days after the cruise, and we suggested they both come and we’d stop over before flying home.

I heard back from our dogsitter, yes, they’d love to have Dottie, DH found flights on air miles, and yes, the cabin we wanted was available!

I then mentioned to Missy that we’d be in NY for a few days and the rest you know :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, what a beautiful way to wake up this morning! (And now...every morning!)
I met Bella a while back and she is a superb, knock-em-outta the park diamond.
Whoopee!!!
Wear her in good health, and keep those photos coming!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is all so exciting! Bea is the ring that brought me to PS, so I’m so glad to see her find a home with another PS member! @Austina please post many photos of Bella in the future so we can live vicariously as we did when she was Bea and living with @missy !

So happy for both of you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it sad that as soon as I woke up, I opened the box so I could stare at her?
:roll2::lol:
I'd say it's sad, you should have put her on!
slap4.gif

:P2 ;)2

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and an early happy birthday and anniversary to you @Austina It’s just perfect and so worth the wait

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love how this story has played out for you @Austina! Not only have you made a dear and lasting friendship with @missy but you now hold the dear treasure of Bea/Bella that is loved by 2 lovely people. I hope you love and enjoy her every day forward.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool story sista. I know she is in good hands (or on fingers...) Congrats!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Austina!!! So wonderful how this all worked out :appl:Bella is a true beauty :love:, I am very happy for you! What a joy to be able to put this gorgeous ring on every day. It looks so perfect on your hand. Wear it in much health and happiness!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so amazing. I love hearing PS stories like this one. Bella looks amazing and so at home on your finger. Congratulations!!! 100 percent fabulous! :kiss2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:That diamond is GORGEOUS!!

I am sure she will bring you many years of enjoyment!!
Be careful when driving not to stare too long!!!

We will need more pictures too !

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologise in advance for the long post :oops:

Those of you following @missy Bubbalah thread, will know that I’m the proud new owner of the piece of artistry formerly known as Bea. :mrgreen:

2 weeks ago we were in NY, and Missy kindly organised a visit to Old World Diamonds. This was meant to be just a recon mission, firstly to see if I would be as captivated by old cuts as those of you already in the know, and secondly, because it’s not my big birthday until next year.

Well, we went, we saw, and I was conquered! Adam brought out a huge array of beautiful diamonds, OMG bling heaven. :love: He was very honest about each diamond, pointing out it’s good points, and even a few he said weren’t his favourite. There was absolutely no pressure at all.

Missy had mentioned to me just before the visit, that she was going to the jewellery fayre, and that Grace had something for her to look at, and if things worked out, would I be interested in Bea. You can imagine my response.:eek2: I certainly didn’t have my hopes up, because having seen Bea IRL, I thought no way will she part with her.

The next day, my darling husband said that if Missy decides to keep Bea, I could go ahead now and get whatever I wanted from OWD.

Well, Missy saw Bubbalah - and you know the rest!

We were in NY for a couple of more days, but as soon as we got home, Missy got the ball rolling. She arranged with JbG to organise things for us. Off Bea went to LA for resizing (I’ve got bigger paws than Missy) claws checked and a buff up. Never having done this before, DH was a bit nervous dealing with the unknown, not Missy & Greg, once he’d met them, he knew they were just the best, so the deal was done.

Missy and I waited anxiously to hear that Bea had arrived safely and would be resized and shipped on Monday. We got our tracking info. so the wait was on. The air waves between London and NY have been red hot this past week :lol:

Knowing how much Bea and the sentiment behind her meant to Missy, I asked if she’d mind if I renamed her Bella. I wanted to acknowledge her heritage, but add the L’s for her lovely luscious L colour, hence Bella. Of course, Missy being the total sweetheart that she is, didn’t mind at all.

Bella landed in the UK on Tuesday evening, then I had to wait for her to clear customs and pay the duty. I got the phone call yesterday lunchtime while I was out. We rushed home and made payment immediately and was told delivery would be today before 12.00 noon GMT.

We were up early today, and finally at 11.15am the doorbell went. I ran and got my package, then my hands started to shake. Boy, do they package these parcels well. I couldn’t get the box open, both DH & I were pulling at it :lol: We finally got inside all the packaging. By this time, even my DH who has less than zero interest in jewellery was saying “open it, open it” :mrgreen:

I opened the box and :shock: I can’t adequately describe how I felt. I was speechless, breathless, excited, stunned, overjoyed and tearful. I can’t believe that this beautiful ring is mine. NEVER in my wildest dreams think I’d ever own something so special and HUGE!

Bella is in her original setting - you can’t improve on perfection, and that’s what Missy chose :love:

For those of you that don’t know the stats :

4.56 cts L VS1
10.36 x 10.53 x 6.80mm

Of course, after months of unrelenting heat, today is dull and raining, so the worst possible light for taking photos that do her justice.

Here are a couple, and I promise to get better shots and post as soon as I can.

She’s so white and fiery, so difficult to capture.

51035205-7012-462C-9469-F1FE1C1F1BCF.jpeg 528AC704-E67B-4A27-9B62-E5E709A6C9F3.jpeg

I L-L-Love L-L-Lucious BEllA!!!
Congratulations, @Austina!!! She’s perfect on you!!! :kiss2:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful Bella! :appl:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
This is such a sweet and sentimental story- I love how a mutual love for diamonds has brought people from different parts of the world together! Congratulations on your beautiful blessings!! Bella is just stunning on your hand:love::love::love:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For your first old cut, I’d say you didn’t just hit it out of the park, you hit it out of the stratosphere!!! WOW!!!! :love: Such a wonderful story and incredible blessings all around. :kiss2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, she looks PERFECT on your hand!!! How did you even sleep last night?! :lol:

So glad Be(ll)a stayed in the PS family so we can continue to oogle her :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you all. It’s so nice to be able to share the excitement with like minded people.

I actually slept quite well @ILikeShiny - after a week of anxious waiting, I was zonked!

:lol: DH did actually say yesterday, “keep your eyes on the road” @tkyasx78

Honestly, I know I’m preaching to the converted here, but I don’t think there’ll come a time when I’m going to open the box and my heart doesn’t leap.

Every time I walk past a mirror, I stop and hold my hand up to see her as other people see her, sorry if that sounds vain, but she’s just so BEAutiful :love:

Even my DH has had to concede that she’s stunning :lol:

Of course non of the diamond bands I have go with her, :roll2: so I’ve ordered a plain 2mm platinum band which should be here soon.

The suns out today, so hopefully more pictures later :wavey:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW, just gorgeous!!!! It must be hard to focus on anything else other than that amazing diamond ring!!! The diamond even glows in the dark. So fun to pass gorgeous diamonds on to friends! That's how I got my rhr :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you all. It’s so nice to be able to share the excitement with like minded people.

I actually slept quite well @ILikeShiny - after a week of anxious waiting, I was zonked!

:lol: DH did actually say yesterday, “keep your eyes on the road” @tkyasx78

Honestly, I know I’m preaching to the converted here, but I don’t think there’ll come a time when I’m going to open the box and my heart doesn’t leap.

Every time I walk past a mirror, I stop and hold my hand up to see her as other people see her, sorry if that sounds vain, but she’s just so BEAutiful :love:

Even my DH has had to concede that she’s stunning :lol:

Of course non of the diamond bands I have go with her, :roll2: so I’ve ordered a plain 2mm platinum band which should be here soon.

It’s not vain; you’re admiring her from a different perspective. I do it all the time, every day! lol!! ;)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank God! I thought I was the only one that did that! I do it in the car mirror, the bathroom mirror, random store mirrors...It’s a sickness. :lol-2:

Congrats on your new ring. Bella looks right at home (and perfectly gorgeous) on your hand. I’m so happy things worked out between you and @missy so that we can all continue to ogle over the pics of Bella, while also ogling over her new ring. :D I will be happy to sit here and wait for new pics today. :mrgreen2:

Lastly, how was your cruise?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results