carat
color
clarity

My BEAutiful Bella

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologise in advance for the long post :oops:

Those of you following @missy Bubbalah thread, will know that I’m the proud new owner of the piece of artistry formerly known as Bea. :mrgreen:

2 weeks ago we were in NY, and Missy kindly organised a visit to Old World Diamonds. This was meant to be just a recon mission, firstly to see if I would be as captivated by old cuts as those of you already in the know, and secondly, because it’s not my big birthday until next year.

Well, we went, we saw, and I was conquered! Adam brought out a huge array of beautiful diamonds, OMG bling heaven. :love: He was very honest about each diamond, pointing out it’s good points, and even a few he said weren’t his favourite. There was absolutely no pressure at all.

Missy had mentioned to me just before the visit, that she was going to the jewellery fayre, and that Grace had something for her to look at, and if things worked out, would I be interested in Bea. You can imagine my response.:eek2: I certainly didn’t have my hopes up, because having seen Bea IRL, I thought no way will she part with her.

The next day, my darling husband said that if Missy decides to keep Bea, I could go ahead now and get whatever I wanted from OWD.

Well, Missy saw Bubbalah - and you know the rest!

We were in NY for a couple of more days, but as soon as we got home, Missy got the ball rolling. She arranged with JbG to organise things for us. Off Bea went to LA for resizing (I’ve got bigger paws than Missy) claws checked and a buff up. Never having done this before, DH was a bit nervous dealing with the unknown, not Missy & Greg, once he’d met them, he knew they were just the best, so the deal was done.

Missy and I waited anxiously to hear that Bea had arrived safely and would be resized and shipped on Monday. We got our tracking info. so the wait was on. The air waves between London and NY have been red hot this past week :lol:

Knowing how much Bea and the sentiment behind her meant to Missy, I asked if she’d mind if I renamed her Bella. I wanted to acknowledge her heritage, but add the L’s for her lovely luscious L colour, hence Bella. Of course, Missy being the total sweetheart that she is, didn’t mind at all.

Bella landed in the UK on Tuesday evening, then I had to wait for her to clear customs and pay the duty. I got the phone call yesterday lunchtime while I was out. We rushed home and made payment immediately and was told delivery would be today before 12.00 noon GMT.

We were up early today, and finally at 11.15am the doorbell went. I ran and got my package, then my hands started to shake. Boy, do they package these parcels well. I couldn’t get the box open, both DH & I were pulling at it :lol: We finally got inside all the packaging. By this time, even my DH who has less than zero interest in jewellery was saying “open it, open it” :mrgreen:

I opened the box and :shock: I can’t adequately describe how I felt. I was speechless, breathless, excited, stunned, overjoyed and tearful. I can’t believe that this beautiful ring is mine. NEVER in my wildest dreams think I’d ever own something so special and HUGE!

Bella is in her original setting - you can’t improve on perfection, and that’s what Missy chose :love:

For those of you that don’t know the stats :

4.56 cts L VS1
10.36 x 10.53 x 6.80mm

Of course, after months of unrelenting heat, today is dull and raining, so the worst possible light for taking photos that do her justice.

Here are a couple, and I promise to get better shots and post as soon as I can.

She’s so white and fiery, so difficult to capture.

51035205-7012-462C-9469-F1FE1C1F1BCF.jpeg 528AC704-E67B-4A27-9B62-E5E709A6C9F3.jpeg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bob @Austina she is LLovely as ever even in the dark! I've been following along with both of you since I figured out the swap was a thing!!! Please post a hundred more photos! And congratulations!

(Colin is gonna have a hard time on your actual "big" birthday next year :lol:)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Austina!! Bella looks stunning on you. Glad she has stayed in the family. I have always admired that gorgeous diamond. Please post the other pics you have made in this suddenly dark weather.

Bella will be considered as a giant in the UK? My UK friend has a 0,50 ct ring and her friends call it the Rock... People will probably stare at your hand all the time (in a good way). Enjoy wearing her!!!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: She’ll certainly be conspicuous here, the biggest diamonds my friends have are 50pts. I imagine most people will think she’s not real, that’s ok, I know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you Austina! So glad to hear that Bea (now Bella)is staying in the PS family!!! I know you will enjoy her as much as
Missy has! Congrats to both you and Missy!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still not great shots , but ... 0BAC3DF8-1705-4779-88CB-A31B29A56E22.jpeg
look at that gorgeous profile, Bella in her Beautiful crown AB0AF964-918C-4DD4-821B-153A09BF4EFD.jpeg
Just can’t capture how white and crisp the facets are 709EFFB5-3ED5-4419-BA50-FE04D9428B39.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! This is an excellent turn-around - I hope you have many happy years enjoying your new bling!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love what you did with the name, clever! :appl:

Just as beautiful as ever. So glad to see you are keeping the setting too. :love:

Wear it in good health!

p.s. Perfect finger coverage.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and Ellen is right - your play on the name is perfect!

It looks right at home on your hand - you sound as happy as Missy is with her new ring. So very happy for both of you. I know you'll take a hundred more pics when you can - until then, just enjoy!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky duck! Congratulations, she's as gorgeous as ever!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bloody stunning! I have always loved this diamond & the fact that Missy kept her history by not switching the setting, but honestly, despite feeling nervous about it not being on Missy's hand anymore & would that be weird, Bella is flipping PERFECT on you! She suits your hand completely & I am so excited for you! If ever there's a UK GTG, I'll be there in a flash to dribble on you! :love:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She's beautiful and looks great on you!!! :love: I'm so glad she went to a PSer so we can still enjoy looking at her.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! She looks spectacular on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Austina I am so thrilled for you! Bella looks wunderbar on you!!!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

hubba%20hubba.gif

In time you will come to know the many facets (haha see what I did there) of her sweet and beautiful personality. She will reveal it to you slowly and in due time. Like a little dance. She is a rare beauty and I know you will adore and enjoy her. So happy for you and so pleased it worked out for the both of us. Truly meant to be.:kiss2:

Wear her in health and happiness always. My dear bling sister.
biggyhug.gif

P

PierreBear

Congratulations! Beautiful Bella worn on a beautiful lady! Keep the pictures coming. You wear the ring so well! :appl::love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments. Honestly, I feel like the luckiest woman alive today. I haven’t stopped looking at her since she got here.

I’m still pinching myself that she’s really mine. I never thought when I joined PS 18 months ago, that I’d meet such great people, and be rocking this glorious rock.

It’s been a long time coming, when I met DH back in 1978, I was so disinterested in jewellery, I didn’t even have an engagement ring :eek2: Over the years, I’ve acquired some beautiful pieces, but when he asked me what I wanted for our 40th and my 60th, I said I’d like the engagement ring I never had.

The plan was to visit OWD in July, then WF later in the year. I’ve seen all the beautiful photos of old cuts, but nothing prepares you for how stunning they are in real life.

You know when you ‘meet’ someone on the Internet and you just know you’ll like each other IRL, well that’s how it’s been with the 2 lovely PSers I’ve met this year?

I know @missy wanted to find the right home for this special ring, so I’m delighted she chose me.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So happy that Bella Bea found a good home! She is so beautiful on you!!! Congratulations!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Such a great story! Love the story, the stone, and the setting!! Just beautiful!
Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella looks so at home with you. :kiss2: Congratulations on being her new mommy. She is so the world traveler. I can’t wait to see how you feel in a little while, after you get to know her.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very happy to see this very special ring go to a great PSer! What amazing timing that you were in NY at exactly the right time to see it as Missy was close to accessing her new stone! Two very lucky ladies!!!:appl: Enjoy your gorgeous Bella!!!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @Austina!!! "Bella" aka "Bea" looks B-eautiful on your hand!!! How wonderful for both you and @missy to have gotten what your hearts desired and for Bea to have her new home with you!
Bella means beautiful and that is what Bea, now "Bella", is!!!
Enjoy her, wear her well! :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl::appl::cry2::appl::appl::cry2: This is the best thread ever! I LOVE this story! What a beautiful connection you and @missy have. I'm so happy that you at last have the engagement ring of your dreams and that you are the new steward of this special stone. It seems as though everything in the universe aligned! She looks stunning on you! Enjoy!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha THIS was the bright light I could see over the Atlantic all the way from the south of France!!!!

Welcome to Yurrup,Bella and congratulations to @Austina !!! You own a legend now and I love how great everything worked out.
She's like good karma on a ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results