shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My beautiful AVC and Kornerupine E-Ring!! Courtesy of HoW :)

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
It's finally finally finally here! Many of you have seen this ring, due to various threads I started about it, but now, at last, the official SMTB thread!

What started as casual ring searching and antique ring Ebaying became a full-fledged custom ring obsession once I stumbled upon this site. I am a new member, but I feel like this is such a PS ring, with its pre-loved stone, PS vender, setting thread, and both a diamond AND colored stones :) Thanks everyone for the support and advice during this process!

Huuuge shout out to Sally at Heart of Water for taking my sketches and wide ranging-inspirations and making them a reality. This is actually the ONLY ring I own at the moment *gasp!*, and she was so patient and helpful with by newbie-ness and my super detail oriented concerns and comments. Forever with grace and wisdom. And both she and Pomme worked soooo hard to push the project through quickly to get it to me before I left the country to visit my fiance!

Presenting...

1.01 N AVC, kite set in a beautifully hand-forged 18k yg and 14k wg setting by Sally and Pomme at HoW. Flanked by little blue-purple-green kornerupines (Loupe Troop!).
On a size 7.5-8 finger for proportions ;-)

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Y'all weren't kidding about how darned difficult it is to get good pictures of diamonds. In reality she is so sparkly and white-ivory looking, and the setting is incredibly light and delicate! Nothing has made me want a professional quality camera more...

I tried to put on my best PSer hat and head out to the (December) garden. No hand shots until my fiance can put the ring on himself... a romantic at heart...

P1030635.JPG P1030638.JPG P1030647.JPG
Renae's Engagement Ring Diamond and Kornerupine 006.JPG
P1030621.JPG P1030625.JPG P1030629.JPG

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
I have SO many PS members to thank for their help in this journey. Couldn't have done it without you! Some special mentions:
First and foremost thank you @Starfacet for selling me your incredible AVC! You helped make all my chunky rainbow dreams come true, and I hope you are able to replace your Brenna soon! Also, thanks for being my #1 cheerleader throughout this whole process :)
Thanks @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and @Rfisher for IG stalking and splicing together early design concepts for me.
Thanks @Lykame for being the ultimate, thoughtful sounding board. Both for real, constructive design fancies and for my self doubts and anxieties.
Thanks @twang07 for linking me to the IG post that inspired the shank design. It ended up being one of my favorite elements of the entire ring!
Thanks @D&T. It may be hard to tell because of subsequent design changes, but your beautiful OEC ring was a huge inspiation for basket design.
And thanks to everyone else who contributed their likes, and support, and validation, and most of all a community of people equally as exciting to talk about this process and project as I am!

PS is enabling a budding bling addiction, but you all are the best!:kiss2:

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely and the metal work is delicate and meshes well with the soft color of the kornerupines. You should really design more rings and post them here. Your designs are always so breathtaking.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From concept....
20181021_224722.jpg

To reality!
P1030616.JPG
Oh my goodness!!! I didn’t get a chance to read everything but then... right as I saw your ring I was like... Dang! That’s a ring I would wear lol.... as I scrolled further down. I’m honored to be mentioned! As I don’t frequent PS much these past year only in passing your ring caught my eye! I love working with Sally! So beautiful! Congratulations on an amazing beautiful ring stones and design. I love it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers! How utterly original & beautiful!

Please post some hand shots ASAP! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s turned out beautifully :love:

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
It's so beautiful! This ring makes me want to reset the AVC solitaire I bought from a Pricescoper.....(Off to read what Kornerupines are).:love::love::love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I have SO many PS members to thank for their help in this journey. Couldn't have done it without you! Some special mentions:
First and foremost thank you @Starfacet for selling me your incredible AVC! You helped make all my chunky rainbow dreams come true, and I hope you are able to replace your Brenna soon! Also, thanks for being my #1 cheerleader throughout this whole process :)
Thanks @CHRISTY-DANIELLE and @Rfisher for IG stalking and splicing together early design concepts for me.
Thanks @Lykame for being the ultimate, thoughtful sounding board. Both for real, constructive design fancies and for my self doubts and anxieties.
Thanks @twang07 for linking me to the IG post that inspired the shank design. It ended up being one of my favorite elements of the entire ring!
Thanks @D&T. It may be hard to tell because of subsequent design changes, but your beautiful OEC ring was a huge inspiation for basket design.
And thanks to everyone else who contributed their likes, and support, and validation, and most of all a community of people equally as exciting to talk about this process and project as I am!

PS is enabling a budding bling addiction, but you all are the best!:kiss2:

Aww @elliefire99, I'm truly honoured to have helped in any way at all. Honestly the design was all you! What a beautiful creation you have made, and I feel sure that the feelings behind this ring and all you have been through to be at the time of your life when you are in need of such a ring... Those feelings, all the positive hopeful ones, they'll be with you whenever you look at it. I know you've been through a lot to get to this stage.

I cannot wait until Luis proposes with this ring and you can share finger shots! (Because you're right, thumbs don't count! :lol:)

Thank you for letting us all be part of your special journey. It's a beautiful beautiful ring. Also pretty impressive photos! I know we got a video from Sally but would be fascinating to see a video in various different lighting environments from you! :twisted2:

Warmest regards,
Lydia.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Woohoo! Congrats on your new sparkler! What a beautiful concept and outcome - it is stunning!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! You all are getting me even more excited about it, if that's even possible :)

..the metal work is delicate and meshes well with the soft color of the kornerupines. You should really design more rings and post them here. Your designs are always so breathtaking.
Thank you! I was back and forth about the white gold, and then plated vs. unplated, but so glad I went with it :) From afar it all just blends in and looks like sparkle!
And don't encourage me on the more jewelry front! I have a feeling that there will definitely be more... hahah

I was like... Dang! That’s a ring I would wear lol.... as I scrolled further down. I’m honored to be mentioned! ... I love working with Sally!...
Thanks D&T! Your approval means a lot, as I have been silently admiring all of your beautiful projects :D And your new reset! :love: It seems we share taste! And Sally was an absolute dream.

Beautiful ring, its so unique!
Thank youuuuu.... Excited for a special one-of-a-kind ring for a special one-of-a-kind relationship :) I didn't even realize custom was a possibility within my budget until PS!

It's gorgeous!
We need hand shots!!
...Please post some hand shots ASAP! :appl:
SO lovely and unique!! Hand shots!!
Hand shots coming! I fly out tomorrow and arrive Saturday. So pics for sure by Sunday! I am as excited as you are!

It’s turned out beautifully :love:
TY! Couldn't have done it without all the generous PS expertise!

How wonderful to own a ring that is EXACTLY what you want! It is lovely.
The custom process was honestly so much fun! I didn't think I cared enough about jewelry to want to design it buuuut... here we are! I probably realized through this process that I am more of a CAD person. I like to see every angle and detail! But Sally was so so wonderful to work with, and I have zero regrets. And all the love and time that went into the hand forging is really special :)

Aww @elliefire99, I'm truly honoured to have helped in any way at all. Honestly the design was all you! What a beautiful creation you have made, and I feel sure that the feelings behind this ring and all you have been through to be at the time of your life when you are in need of such a ring... Those feelings, all the positive hopeful ones, they'll be with you whenever you look at it. I know you've been through a lot to get to this stage.
...I know we got a video from Sally but would be fascinating to see a video in various different lighting environments from you! :twisted2:
Awww.... Warm, thoughtful comments as always!:kiss2: And videos! Yes ma'am! Will work on it ;)2

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
This ring makes me want to reset the AVC solitaire I bought from a Pricescoper.....(Off to read what Kornerupines are).:love::love::love:
DO IT! Haha. No, solitaires are also lovely, and if it's a PSer ring, even more likely. I actually just included the kornerupine bc I fell in love with their pleochroism. Unfortunately it doesn't show as much now that they are set, but they are still a beautiful delicate color :)

These are the original stones. They are a bit soft for rings, but I hope they are small enough that they last. If I have to change them out later... so be it!
Kornerupine Melee.jpg

Reactions: AV_

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring and it came out perfect. It’s going to be such a special engagement ring that you will always cherish for the good memories!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!!!!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhhh! Soooo pretty!!!! It is truly lovely!!!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous!! Your design is amazing. The bezels and avc what a dream! Hand shots plz :kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! Everyone who sees this on your fiance's hand is going to want a closer look.

Welcome to the warm AVC club (I have an O AVC).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love warm AVCs, too, and have a Y-Z myself! Your ring is so beautiful! :love: Hope to see your engaged hand-shots soon!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely and unique ring. Very well done. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO PRETTY!!!! congrats!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really pretty ring! I love the delicate colors of the kornerupines and the details on the setting.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!!! AV stones are magnificent =)2.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
The color of the side stones is so beautiful. I can’t wait to see handshots!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your kind words! It has been a wonderful journey. We have technically been engaged since August, but finally a beautiful ring to make it feel more official :)

Hand shots tomorrow with the light!!!:dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful @elliefire99 :love: Congratulations! And looking forward to seeing your hand shots.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results