shape
carat
color
clarity

My BB imperial Malaya garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ordered this halo from LOGR for the stone. I''m getting it with full cut VS diamonds in 18K rose gold. I''m hoping the higher caratage of rose gold will give a more subtle color. The 14K rose gold is a bit coppery. In any case, I looked and looked at settings for quite a while for this stone, and while I like ornate blingy settings, I found that many of them would not allow the stone to be the centerpiece. This is more subdued, and I think it will showcase the stone more.

097a.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
So thats the setting you''ve chosen. can''t wait to see how it looks with the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
That is a huge garnet; I don''t think you''ll many even close to that size! I like the colour too; peachy orange.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pink next to rose gold, and more peachy next to white gold. Same exact lighting conditions, all I did was change the metal background.

whiteroseTLgarnet.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
TL

I just love your setting and I am curious and anxious to see it in the rose gold. My ER is a white diamond halo and I just love it, I''m sure you will too - it will be a very elegant ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 8:22:16 PM
Author: Gailey
TL

I just love your setting and I am curious and anxious to see it in the rose gold. My ER is a white diamond halo and I just love it, I''m sure you will too - it will be a very elegant ring.
Thanks Gailey.
I was looking at all these blingy ornate settings that LOGR had with tons of diamonds, and I think that this stone truly doesn''t need all of that. It''s really beautiful, and I want people to look at my ring and go - "Wow, look at that stone" vs "Wow, look at that ring." I added about $70 worth of upgrades, so I hope it turns out nicely, besides I have a penchant for halos. I wanted some diamonds, but not so many that it would detract from the stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your stone set in the setting. I have a feeling it''s going to be absolutely beautiful!
36.gif

Is your malaya more a peach or more a pink? Or both??

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:44:43 PM
Author:tourmaline_lover
I typically don''t like ovals, but I saw this on BB''s website, and he sent me a much better color corrected picture. The picture on his website showed a bit too much beige.
Wow, that is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 9:22:24 PM
Author: mochi
I can't wait to see your stone set in the setting. I have a feeling it's going to be absolutely beautiful!
36.gif

Is your malaya more a peach or more a pink? Or both??
Thank you Mochi,
It's like a coral pink color in most lighting, even outdoors. In pure fluorescent lighting, it goes more peachy. I think the first picture that I posted from Barry in this thread shows the color best. This is what I see in most lighting situations.

It kind of looks like this color most of the time:

http://www.weddingdressdepot.com/public/Coral%20Pink.jpg

Thanks Skippy and Cind11!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results