shape
carat
color
clarity

My BB imperial Malaya garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG
Its Beautiful!!
emlove.gif
30.gif
emlove.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mochi
I think that last shot really brings out the salmon color which I see most of the time. Under incandescents, like hallogens, it goes more pink.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
emlove.gif

Ditto what Mochi said! She is a HOTTIE!!! I loooooooove her salmon color.

I cannot wait to see her set!

Thanks for the pics, TL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to figure out what I''m going to do with this tourmaline and these three colored diamonds as well.
31.gif

TLtourmaline_diamonds.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
TL, I''m way late to this thread, but I gotta tell you - that stone is absolutely beautiful. You must be over the moon with it.
emsmile.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone. It is beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gailey and Charmy.

Yes I do love it. My SIL saw it yesterday and I asked her to describe the color. She said it looked like coral. I thought that was a good description. It is one of my most beautiful gems, and I''m very pleased with the color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Finally a true to life color pic of it in incandescent hallogens. I''m sure everyone is pretty sick of looking at this by now, but I just wanted to show the pink and orange together, and I think this pic does it justice, even though it''s a bit blurry.

TLmalaya_incandescent.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, I am not tired of your garnet pictures. I LOVE the color!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is gorgeous
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I never get tired of looking at pictures on this forum! Infact, I find it very sad when it''s a slow day and not too many is posted...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda and Mochi,
I feel like an annoying person, so thanks for your comments. I am bored, so I feel like posting pictures.

Here's a fuzzy pic, but I LOVE the colors.

ILOVEthispic!!.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 11:44:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Linda and Mochi,
I feel like an annoying person, so thanks for your comments. I am bored, so I feel like posting pictures.

Here''s a fuzzy pic, but I LOVE the colors.
Bored eh? Did I mention that I also have an oval Malaya Garnet? ........

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:06:34 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 2/18/2009 11:44:59 PM
Linda and Mochi,

Here''s a fuzzy pic, but I LOVE the colors.
Bored eh? Did I mention that I also have an oval Malaya Garnet? ........
pictures???

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, ok then, but I''m not going to hijack your thread!

Oval Malaya garnet Gemrite.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t care if people hijack my threads - I love gorgeous pictures of gemstones no matter what the topic, and yours is so beautiful!!! Thanks for the pic - have any more???? I want more!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, thanks for posting more pics! The more the better!
30.gif

Gailey, your Malaya looks so much like a well-cut diamond. It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I do, but I need to do a bunch of re-sizing, here''s one to keep you going!

It''s 4.51 cts from John B at Gemrite. Although it''s a beautiful stone, I''ve never been able to replicate a lighting scenario that shows the stone the same as the original picture. It''s got more of a sherry hue (brown to some!). It put me in mind of imperial topaz, so I decided to keep it.

Of course, now that I''ve seen yours I want one that''s more pink.

gemrite malaya.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:34:39 AM
Author: platinumrock
TL, thanks for posting more pics! The more the better!
30.gif

Gailey, your Malaya looks so much like a well-cut diamond. It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Thanks PR! I wish .....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does remind me of an imperial topaz, but I bet it sparkles a heck of a lot more. That's a huge stone for a garnet, and very beautiful.

We need to turn this thread into the peachy, pink, and more peachy gemstone thread. There's some pics of PR's peachy precious diamond on the prior page!! Check it out. Gorgeous!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:39:39 AM
It does remind me of an imperial topaz, but I bet it sparkles a heck of a lot more. That''s a huge stone for a garnet, and very beautiful.

We need to turn this thread into the peachy, pink, and more peachy gemstone thread. There''s some pics of PR''s peachy precious diamond on the prior page!! Check it out. Gorgeous!

Oooooh TL, that''s a great idea!!! There should be a thread for peachy/pinkish/salmony stones! Do you want to do the honors or should I?
31.gif

And you do spoil my diamond with compliments. She''s blushing right now. Thank you!

Gailey, seriously, your Malaya is HUGE and it looks like a peachy/salmon diamond. Come on Fess up!
11.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I wish we had a colored gemstone posting only page just like we have the jewelry and sapphire page...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:53:20 AM

It does remind me of an imperial topaz, but I bet it sparkles a heck of a lot more. That''s a huge stone for a garnet, and very beautiful.

We need to turn this thread into the peachy, pink, and more peachy gemstone thread. There''s some pics of PR''s peachy precious diamond on the prior page!! Check it out. Gorgeous!

Oooooh TL, that''s a great idea!!! There should be a thread for peachy/pinkish/salmony stones! Do you want to do the honors or should I?
31.gif

And you do spoil my diamond with compliments. She''s blushing right now. Thank you!

Gailey, seriously, your Malaya is HUGE and it looks like a peachy/salmon diamond. Come on Fess up!
11.gif
You can start one if you would like, but you have to introduce it with tons of pics of your peachy precious when she''s back from the jewelers!!
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 12:57:01 AM
Author: mochi
I wish we had a colored gemstone posting only page just like we have the jewelry and sapphire page...
I just post in the colored gemstone/jewelery eyecandy thread.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:53:20 AM

31.gif

11.gif
Well, we could swap for awhile if you like!

Seriously, it''s late. I love the idea of a "Peachy Pink and Precious" thread. If one of you two ladies start it tomorrow I''ll post a bit more.

I gotta go to bed, I''m still convalescing!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I have to go to bed too, but I'm getting so excited about the peachy/pinkish/salmon/precious thread.

Ohhhhhhhh TL.......you can start the thread off with your Malaya. Then Gailey will follow...then me.
31.gif

And I love Gailey's thread title.
9.gif

Goodnight, Ladies! Sweet peachy dreams...
24.gif

ETA: Gailey, did you say SWAP??? Gimme gimme gimme!!!
22.gif
27.gif
22.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Someone please start a Peachy thread! Gailey, that malaya is to die for! Gosh, yours and TL''s are NOT helping my malaya obsession!

Gailey, what''s the stone in your avatar? Love it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:49:06 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Someone please start a Peachy thread! Gailey, that malaya is to die for! Gosh, yours and TL''s are NOT helping my malaya obsession!

Thanks BEG!

That would be a citrine asscher, cut by the remarkable Mr Peter Toracca! It''s a honking stone at 6.51 cts, 11.22 mm². At 8.97mm deep, it''s too big for ring, so destined to become a pendant/necklet.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We could start off our thread with this. BTW, I wish I could rename this thread.

peachtostart.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:14:47 AM
We could start off our thread with this. BTW, I wish I could rename this thread.
Good calll

What are you waiting for - you''ve got the peach to beat all peaches!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:15:40 AM
Author: Gailey
Date: 2/19/2009 2:49:06 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Thanks BEG!

That would be a citrine asscher, cut by the remarkable Mr Peter Toracca! It''s a honking stone at 6.51 cts, 11.22 mm². At 8.97mm deep, it''s too big for ring, so destined to become a pendant/necklet.

30.gif
30.gif
I love it Gailey. Now I may be obsessed with citrines
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results