shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amelia stone? Unheated Padparadscha from Richard Wise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes that is AN ring and she had it reset. Her new setting is gorgeous.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops double post

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2009 11:11:22 PM
Author: Linda W
Yes that is AN ring and she had it reset. Her new setting is gorgeous.
I remember she had it reset, and I can''t find the thread with the pics!! I loved her new setting as well.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totes totes *loves* it. A good gem makes my mouth water & I want to suck it like a candy. Lets just say that I taste apricot
18.gif

Dig the half-moons idea if you''re setting North/South -- though I think pears might give more finger coverage either N/S or E/W. NOT sure about a halo ... unless its a Gypsy style halo .. super thin & delicate ... otherwise it might look mass-marketish y''know? There are so many off the shelf halos these days (and ill-fitting ones
6.gif
) they''re not looking so special to me w/gemstones unless they look VERY custom. JMHO.

You''ll find a way to showcase this special stone in a way that''s perfectly suited to you, your lifestyle & the wee lotus flower who inspired the piece. (Though part of me thinks a Sliding Doors child-free TG just might have a new bling project in the works by now ALSO
3.gif
11.gif
)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:15:06 PM
Author: decodelighted
I totes totes *loves* it. A good gem makes my mouth water & I want to suck it like a candy. Lets just say that I taste apricot
18.gif

Dig the half-moons idea if you''re setting North/South -- though I think pears might give more finger coverage either N/S or E/W. NOT sure about a halo ... unless its a Gypsy style halo .. super thin & delicate ... otherwise it might look mass-marketish y''know? There are so many off the shelf halos these days (and ill-fitting ones
6.gif
) they''re not looking so special to me w/gemstones unless they look VERY custom. JMHO.

You''ll find a way to showcase this special stone in a way that''s perfectly suited to you, your lifestyle & the wee lotus flower who inspired the piece. (Though part of me thinks a Sliding Doors child-free TG just might have a new bling project in the works by now ALSO
3.gif
11.gif
)
LOL Deco...sliding doors indeed. Probably, but you know, I''ve been on PS for over 4 years, 5, if you count lurking and and only have my ering and bezels studs to show for it.

Gypsy''s halo was something I considered...in rose gold though. I think Leon could also do the stone justice in terms of balance. At this point, I''m not trusting too many other people to do the work, but I''m still looking like crazy. I''ll post the JM setting I also had in mind, but in rose gold if he could do it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:10:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I've seen that ring Harriet, it's very pretty. But is it a true halo? You can't see it from face up.

I think I need more assistance, how about you send me all your rings for a few weeks and I will study them?
11.gif
I don't know, but the whatchamacallit is so understated and delicate. I'll bet it lights up the Pad.

Nice try!

Hey, you know what? I don't have any quality sapphires.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the setting I like, but I don''t think it will work with the size of this stone, so it''s back to the drawing board...

JMsettingforpad.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color!!!
18.gif
Though I''m a bit partial to peachy gems. Don''t you just love how the hues change in different lighting conditions? Colored stones and diamonds have such playful personalities.

I can definitely see that beauty in rose gold. At least a rose gold head to bring out the rich pink hues.

Can''t wait to see how you set this!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:23:05 PM
Author: Harriet

I''ve seen that ring Harriet, it''s very pretty. But is it a true halo? You can''t see it from face up.

I think I need more assistance, how about you send me all your rings for a few weeks and I will study them?
11.gif
I don''t know, but the whatchamacallit is so understated and delicate. I''ll bet it lights up the Pad.

Nice try!

Hey, you know what? I don''t have any quality sapphires.
I knew there was something missing from your lineup!!

So you''ve worked with Leon Harriet. How do you think he''d do with me just sending him the stone along with which of his work I love and why, and just saying, "do your magic?"

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:26:24 PM
Here''s the setting I like, but I don''t think it will work with the size of this stone, so it''s back to the drawing board...
Why not? The proportions can be changed.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:19:46 PM
I''ve been on PS for over 4 years, 5, if you count lurking and and only have my ering and bezels studs to show for it.
I recall a certain David Yurman diamond+blue topaz bauble TOO.
2.gif
Heh! I think Leon could do the stone justice! Fo''Sho.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:28:44 PM

Yes, but sometimes it''s the proportions that make the ring! Leon''s work is a prime example of that.

Your rings are always perfectly proportioned!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:29:49 PM

Date: 1/21/2009 11:19:46 PM
I''ve been on PS for over 4 years, 5, if you count lurking and and only have my ering and bezels studs to show for it.
I recall a certain David Yurman diamond+blue topaz bauble TOO.
2.gif
Heh! I think Leon could do the stone justice! Fo''Sho.
Ah, that wasn''t a PS project - that was something I found on ebay and won. Not nearly as fun as posting pics of loose stones and figuring out settings (which actually, this is a first for me).

But damn woman, that''s some memory yer got there.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I LOVES IT TOO!!!! I think it could work ... that stone isn''t too terribly large unless that ring is size 10! Think its an optical illusion because of the halo.

For that ring I would do an super teensy inner rose gold bezel & then an outer platinum bezel -- so there''s just a thin rim of pinky bronze around the stone, but the rest of the ring is white (later to be slightly matte patina''d) SCRUMPTIOUS.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out knoxjewelers as well. www.knoxjewelers.biz of MN. Make sure it's not the other Knoxjewelers website. They're more affordable than Leon, and they have a very wide selection. I like that you can see 3D videos of the settings.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:30:57 PM

Date: 1/21/2009 11:28:44 PM

Yes, but sometimes it''s the proportions that make the ring! Leon''s work is a prime example of that.

Your rings are always perfectly proportioned!
Thank you. I usually leave the proportions up to him.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:33:00 PM

OMG I LOVES IT TOO!!!! I think it could work ... that stone isn''t too terribly large unless that ring is size 10! Think its an optical illusion because of the halo.

For that ring I would do an super teensy inner rose gold bezel & then an outer platinum bezel -- so there''s just a thin rim of pinky bronze around the stone, but the rest of the ring is white (later to be slightly matte patina''d) SCRUMPTIOUS.
I like that idea! Maybe I will give him a call. I would want to put a white diamond in too, since that''s Amelia''s birthstone. And I love the leaf, because she is the newest one on our family tree. I saw that one when I first went to the website after Coati put up her bombshell ring and it called out to me. And then I don''t have to copy Coati''s ring and make her mad at me. Hehehehe.

But the stone is 1.5. Don''t know how deep it is cut, but you could easily figure my stone is at least a mm and half smaller?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here's the setting I like, but I don't think it will work with the size of this stone, so it's back to the drawing board...

I think it would definitely work. When Jim and I spoke about my ring--he said the old cuts he usually works with are under a carat. It would be stunning! The detailed ring design would be more visible too.

A delicate Leon would be stunning too. Yanno, I love the idea of plain 18k rose gold--thin shank with claw prongs--you could stack slim rose gold bands with it.
30.gif

eta: haha--it's different with the leaf--I want a leafy one. I'm going to copy yours-mwah ha haaaaaaa

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:27:45 PM

Date: 1/21/2009 11:23:05 PM

I''ve seen that ring Harriet, it''s very pretty. But is it a true halo? You can''t see it from face up.

11.gif
I don''t know, but the whatchamacallit is so understated and delicate. I''ll bet it lights up the Pad.

Nice try!

Hey, you know what? I don''t have any quality sapphires.
I knew there was something missing from your lineup!!

So you''ve worked with Leon Harriet. How do you think he''d do with me just sending him the stone along with which of his work I love and why, and just saying, ''do your magic?''
He''d love that. Just tell him to go easy on the pave.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:36:56 PM
Author: coatimundi

I think it would definitely work. When Jim and I spoke about my ring--he said the old cuts he usually works with are under a carat. It would be stunning! The detailed ring design would be more visible too.

A delicate Leon would be stunning too. Yanno, I love the idea of plain 18k rose gold--thin shank with claw prongs--you could stack slim rose gold bands with it.
30.gif

eta: haha--it''s different with the leaf--I want a leafy one. I''m going to copy yours-mwah ha haaaaaaa
Well, here is a .79 asscher in a setting similar to yours coati. To me it''s not as striking because of the proportions. What do you all think?

JMasscherring.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t work. I think it''s because the asscher''s step cuts don''t jive with the setting.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:52:59 PM

Well, here is a .79 asscher in a setting similar to yours coati. To me it's not as striking because of the proportions. What do you all think?

No offense to Jim's photography, but his rings look way better in person. The details are so delicate--tiny.

I would enjoy being able to see so much fine work on the shank. His rings are a good balance of work and stone. JM and a pad? Heirloom ring!

hmmmm tough decision! You've got a lot of options.

eta: he sets stones very low.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:59:41 PM
Doesn''t work. I think it''s because the asscher''s step cuts don''t jive with the setting.
Ignore the style of the stone for a sec - just look like the proportion. What do you think?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, here is a .79 asscher in a setting similar to yours coati. To me it's not as striking because of the proportions. What do you all think?
Well ... no leaf on this one. A leaf will take up visual space (same as pears or half moons would) ... but the main *other* difference I see in this one vs. your other examples is that the art-deco, angular look of an Asscher fights with the organic nature of this design/designer. No flow. Also this seems tippy toppy too high for the scale of the asscher. Little bit lower down & it would work a bit better at least.

ETA: I see Harriet already covered the Asscher point!
1.gif
But wanted to mention taking a look at Neatfreak's cushion w/bezel & its proportions: gorgeous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:01:34 AM

Ignore the style of the stone for a sec - just look like the proportion. What do you think?
I think the proportions are fine.
P.S. Stoner, I still lurve your ring.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:01:37 AM

Well, here is a .79 asscher in a setting similar to yours coati. To me it''s not as striking because of the proportions. What do you all think?
Well ... no leaf on this one. A leaf will take up visual space (same as pears or half moons would) ... but the main *other* difference I see in this one vs. your other examples is that the art-deco, angular look of an Asscher fights with the organic nature of this design/designer. No flow. Also this seems tippy toppy too high for the scale of the asscher. Little bit lower down & it would work a bit better at least.

ETA: I see Harriet already covered the Asscher point!
1.gif
But wanted to mention taking a look at Neatfreak''s cushion halo & its proportions: gorgeous.
That''s why I''m leaning toward the leaf. I gotta go see how big NF''s cushion is...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:06:11 AM
Date: 1/22/2009 12:01:34 AM

I think the proportions are fine.

P.S. Stoner, I still lurve your ring.

thanks, dude.

Tgal--JM''s proportions appear off in his photos from what I''ve observed. I thought my shank would be huge from the photos he sent me--and it was tiny.

Have fun musing--ahhh the best part!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful awesome stone Tgal, sorry I'm late to the party.
I'm sure you could have the proportions of the JM with leaf adjusted for your stone?

Coats, do you mind to tell how wide is your ering shank? As yes, they do look kinda big on his site..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results