shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My almost 4 carat Old Euro Diamond holy grail ring!!!!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Luuurrrrvvvvveeeeeee it!!! Awesome find, congratulations!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Stone and setting, both perfection❤️❤️
Congrats, @Mreader !!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I should have chosen a different word than “thin” - I wasn’t trying to be critical haha. But I love it so much more than I thought I would particularly the side view. It feels strong and secure.

Oh I promise I wasn't criticising your use of the word 'thin'! I agree the band looks thin - but not at all in a bad way; I think it looks awesome! I just meant it's clearly so beautifully made that it's of no integrity concern, in which case enjoy every moment of it! It's stunning!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok some of you asked for more pics and here they are (like, a lot of them). I found it's easiest to photograph when it's not on my hand; just can't keep the hand perfectly steady. Anyway first another video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT0RYnTlIil/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The the shade is the best lighting I find. I got bitten by ants trying to photograph it on the leaves etc but these are the sacrifices we make.

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Well I am over the moon! For my next bling project I started putting away funds for what I thought was going to be a diamond stud upgrade, but then I started thinking that if I were going to spend that amount of money, that I want to be able to SEE it, and that an even larger engagement ring is what I should do. I have a 2 ct oec with baguette side stones, but there was one ring that I had been eyeing for almost a year. After putting some more funds away and trying to sell my current OEC, my husband just said to go ahead and purchase the ring I had always loved despite not having sold mine. When I went to do that, it was already sold. I think I probably missed it by a few hours. That ring had about a 2.5 carat center stone and was gorgeous. I was crestfallen. So that plan became to wait until my current ring sold, save more, take my time, get input from the forum, do it right. But noooooo. Because when have I ever had patience?? A few weeks after TRTGA (the ring that got away), I saw the most amazing ring on Diana’s IG (SinCityFinds). It was a 3.98 carat OEC with an amazing facet pattern, L in color with faint fluor, 9.82x10.19x6.27. I thought “wow that is amazing but no way.” But when DH saw it, he was in love too and said to go for it. She arrived Sunday and I cannot stop staring at my finger! Those beautiful facets, those pastel flashes! Also, a HUGE bonus – Diana’s caption said it was in a “designer setting” but didn’t name the designer. Well I was very excited to learn that it is a platinum CVB “Olivia” setting!

I never in a million years dreamed I would own a diamond of this size. I am so thrilled. I cannot quite capture her beauty in photos, though I try. I need tips from @Tourmaline and @missy to help me. Also special thanks to @lulu_ma for listening to my many, many messages! For now, I will upload a few photos, but first videos, which capture her better:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTx70__AgvX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

For some reason, when I take my phone case off, I can't get the facets as well - putting the case on reflects the orangy color too much but you can see the pattern.

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Gorgeous ring! Congratulations and wear in good health!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ok some of you asked for more pics and here they are (like, a lot of them). I found it's easiest to photograph when it's not on my hand; just can't keep the hand perfectly steady. Anyway first another video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT0RYnTlIil/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The the shade is the best lighting I find. I got bitten by ants trying to photograph it on the leaves etc but these are the sacrifices we make.

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

Nearly choked on my coffee when I was reading about you getting bitten by ants:lol::lol: …ah, the crazy things our bling make us do. You’re right, of course- pictures like the above make everything worthwhile. Stunning, just stunning!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. Incredible diamond in the perfect setting! What a fortuitous turn of events that led you to this stone.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg!!!!! I’ve been DYING to see this, but am traveling across country and didn’t have good enough service for the pictures to download. I was so MAD!

this is truly gorgeous. The facet pattern is spectacular. And a CVB setting too? In platinum? To die for. So happy for you! Never be shy about sharing pics!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Omg!!!!! I’ve been DYING to see this, but am traveling across country and didn’t have good enough service for the pictures to download. I was so MAD!

this is truly gorgeous. The facet pattern is spectacular. And a CVB setting too? In platinum? To die for. So happy for you! Never be shy about sharing pics!

Thank you! I still can't believe she's really mine. And best wishes during your travels!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Oooooo. Mmmmmm.Gggggggg. It’s amazing!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
This is so gorgeous! Those rainbow colors are amazing. How can you look at anything else when that's on your finger??

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So very beautiful! True perfection! I love the floral faceting and all of the pastel colors it give off. A holy grail ring for sure! Yay!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! @Mreader! I can say this is one of the prettiest diamonds here on PS! The faceting is so gorgeous! I also vote for this gorgeous ring to be the #JOTW!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader, She is a beauty!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Your pictures are stunning. Please, please post more pictures. I’m so happy for you! It’s so fun much reading the stories of people getting their dream ring.

Your post reminds me of the post @Matata posted when she got her beautiful ring. Your excitement jumps off the page. Thank you for making Pricescope a happy place.

Awwww thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you’re going to keep the setting as-is for now - they suit each other :love:

Can you please give me a very detailed play by play of precisely how you convinced your husband that a last-minute 1.5ct jump was the most reasonable thing to do? Asking for, y’know, a friend… :halo: :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Can you please give me a very detailed play by play of precisely how you convinced your husband that a last-minute 1.5ct jump was the most reasonable thing to do? Asking for, y’know, a friend… :halo: :bigsmile:

OMG that made me laugh :lol: . He has always liked diamonds and gems from a geological perspective so as I had said in a prior thread had been pretty supportive of my jewelry endeavors. He's the one who wanted me to bump from 2 ct to 3 ct studs! But since PS with much more - ahem - turnover and other purchases, he became more wary. :cry: I think though that when the ring that got away got away, he felt guilty about not pulling the trigger earlier. That worked in my favor. :Up_to_something:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Mreader! Sometimes TRTGA is actually the one you weren't meant to have. I am so happy for you. You and your beautiful ring were meant for each other.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, absolutely gorgeous and the colours are mouth-watering. Congrats.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful example of an OEC. I love the ring design as well, its gorgeous. And the colours that your photos have managed to capture - stunning! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is ridiculously gorgeous. Like holy sh*t, that's stunning!! I am green with envy right now and I just can't stop watching your videos on IG. :lickout:

Talk about an upgrade! Congrats to you on this killer diamond (and the surprise CVB setting). I'll take more pictures. All the pictures really! :mrgreen:

E7A318AA-CA19-40B9-A385-C296D336B5BA.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results