Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5.54 ct sapphire is here. And she is blue!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK a historian’s point of view.
Russia had its measure of horrible tzars, but Ivan the Terrible was the worst.
However, this cruel, sacral ruler had
one endearing trait.

He loved sapphires. Was addicted to them. I saw some stones from his collection. He’d play with them, look at them, they calmed him, too.

Why such a long prelude? @Acinom, if Ivan had the sapphire like yours, Novgorod, the free Russian city, could be saved from being destroyed. I am positive ))). Your stone would have the power.

bpaul

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am late to this party..but do want to weigh in.:) This is cobalt blue, in my opinion.Not easy to find in
Sapphires. Is it a Kashmir origin?

Acinom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one endearing trait.

He loved sapphires. Was addicted to them. I saw some stones from his collection. He’d play with them, look at them, they calmed him, too.

Why such a long prelude? @Acinom, if Ivan had the sapphire like yours, Novgorod, the free Russian city, could be saved from being destroyed. I am positive ))). Your stone would have the power.
I am late to this party..but do want to weigh in.:) This is cobalt blue, in my opinion.Not easy to find in
Sapphires. Is it a Kashmir origin?
Thank for these huge compliments @Arkteia and @bpaul !!
My stone is of Ceylon origin

bpaul

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank for these huge compliments @Arkteia and @bpaul !!
My stone is of Ceylon origin
You are welcome! This truly is a stunningly beautiful stone, are you going to get it reset? If and when you do, please use as accent stones either baguettes in an art deco style, or half-moon diamonds forming a scalloped effect. I can visualize how gorgeous that would look!

finerthings

Shiny_Rock
I'm way late to the party @Acinom but have to say that your sapphire is such a dreamy lucious vivid blue... beyond words! I love the setting and can't imagine it any other way. Congrats!

Illinifire

Rough_Rock
one endearing trait.

I think this is my favorite compliment I’ve ever read in my years of lurking here!!

@Acinom; I envy your ring collection and your hands!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.