shape
carat
color
clarity

My 5.54 ct sapphire is here. And she is blue!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and beautiful, bold blue color! Congratulations on your newest addition Acinom! :love:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely amazing and a pleasure to see on your hand.
Was it darker in colour in the store? (Because you mentioned you were worried a little about the colour being slightly darker.)
But it looks fabulous on your hand out of the store lol!
The colour is totally on point!
You have a good local shop to visit! lucky you because the Internet is wonderful but it is so much fun perusing beautiful jewellery in person isn't it.
Congratulations again :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I feel so overwhelmed and humbled by your nice comments. It's still relatively early here in Europe and it's so nice to read all your nice words. Thank you!!!

Thanks you for your kind wordsNiel, DandT, Rosebloom, moviezombie, LuckyKellyK, woofmama, vintageinjune, marcy, luv2sparkle cflutist, caf, JoCoJenn :wavey:. Thank you for liking the setting and stone.

I am so glad I choose for this stone in the end DK.

Thank you Junebug. I am so glad I have a cushion now.

Haha, I remember the Photo's from Beyonce. What a huge compliment to compare the colour of my stone with hers Asscherhalo Lover

minousbijoux :lol: :lol: . Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy with the setting now. The sapphire seems to rest in an egg, the kitten paws are powerful, but soft shaped and there is not a single detail that is too much. So glad I gave the setting some time as it seems to well.... belong.

Ah, those vendor pics were indeed quite dark arkieb. This stone needs a bit of light to shine. The jeweller is located in a beautiful but small age old canal house in the middle of the city. It's soooo dark in there. The sapphire was literally hiding. Glad you convinced me to keep the setting as is!!!

Laraonline: thanks!!! I will try to find the vendor pics. The gets darker when the environment is really dark. The store is like a dark whole on Winter days. I could not have bought this sapphire online so I am really glad with the opportunity.

_23400.jpg

_23401.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just stunning and the color is amazing! :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that stone is unbelieveable! Simply gorgeous! Congrats on such a find!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the blue color--I could just stare at it all day! :love: You've been quite the busy PS'er these days w/ all of your bling projects! So what do you have up your sleeve next?! :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous blue color and a classic setting. This ring looks great on your finger, Acinom!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I am in love with this gorgeous ring. The color of the sapphire is TDF. :love: :love: :love: And I love the elegant simplicity of the ring. I love everything about this ring and while I rarely wear rings other than my ER and WBs this ring could make a convert of me...LOVE. :love:

Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
That color is amazing - I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! :)) Amazing!

cheer--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous and really pops on your hand! Congratulations. :appl: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1413716797|3769358 said:
What a beautiful rich colour and a great find Acinom - I'd been wondering when a blue sapphire might make an appearance in your collection! Do you remember Justin's ring? Who wouldn't want a sapphire:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-58-ct-blue-sapphire-gemsthailand.163440/page-8']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-58-ct-blue-sapphire-gemsthailand.163440/page-8[/URL]

That is so funny you posted that! That ring is the first one I thought of too, to compare with Acinom's. I have had those photos saved on my computer. My favorite is with Justin's girl holding her hand up next to her hair. That was the last time I saw a stone with the same beautiful color. There have been many sapphires posted that have been beautiful, and I love those too. But once in a while one comes along that makes you hold your breath. Justin's and Acinoms are those for me!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and the sapphire is incredible. Do you have an origin for it? Looks Kashmir or Burmese.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that color is amazing! Exactly what I would want! I can see why you fell in love with it! :love:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!! Wear that beauty in great health! It's truly drool-worthy. :drool:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! :love: You could look a very long time before ever finding another sapphire with such a fabulous color! I very much like the setting as well! The stone is large enough to stand on it's own with the side baguettes!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big hug for all the new posters!!! :wavey:

Thank you lknvrb4, MissGotRocks, babymonster, Michelez, canuk-gal, Catmom, tyty333!!! You are all so kind.

Wow, Polished and luv2sparkle: what a huge compliment that you are comparing my stone to the stone Justin bought for his girlfriend. I remember that thread well. My favorite was the where she touches her hair as well!!

Whahahaha m-2-B: the sapphire was my big project for this year. I have two stones sitting at Caysie. I am looking forward working with her and after that I consider myself banned :lol:

Hi TL :wavey: I realise I did not share the full specs. I will describe them after this. The suspected origin is Sri Lanka.

Aww, thank you Missy! I can really recommand the USD of right hand rings :D . Thank you for your kind words!

_23411.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53 said:
WOW!!!!! Wear that beauty in great health! It's truly drool-worthy. :drool:
Thank you wakingdreams :wavey:

diamondseeker2006 said:
Absolutely gorgeous! :love: You could look a very long time before ever finding another sapphire with such a fabulous color! I very much like the setting as well! The stone is large enough to stand on it's own with the side baguettes!
Thanks for chiming in DS!! I am so glad you like this ring.

_23414.jpg

_23415.jpg

_23416.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Specs!

stone
Natural corundum (sapphire)
Color: strong, light violetish, blue
Shape: cushion, faceted
Measurements: 10,06 x 9,24 x 6,88 mm
Weight: 5.54 ct
Signs of heating
Origin: Sri Lanka

setting
Platinum
Double prongs
Two baguette shaped diamond sidestones (Total 0.37 ct)
On the outside the ring is stamped with the 'tete de chien', the french certification sign for platinum
Size 5.5

_23417.jpg

_23418.jpg

_23419.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I'd love to have a jewelry playdate if we lived closer to each other! :)

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Looks great on your hand. I love the stone and the setting. Those straight baguettes are awesome!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
::fans self::

I saw this in another thread but had to drop by and drool again. This is like the most perfect blue stone of any type that I have ever seen.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that shop must seriously be like a deep dark cavern or den, I remember a pic in or just above the case even darker again than the pic above :lol:

And the stone is no way too dark in any of your pics, it's STUNNING :naughty: I love the setting, it suits her!!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*THUD* OMG that is the bluest blue I think I've ever seen! Just divine...

q8girl

Rough_Rock
your sapphire ring is exquisite. The shade of blue is perfect. It looks so bright in the photos. I love your ring and junebugs. Congratulations on your new possession.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
AAAAEEE!!!

Acinom- unbelievable! Everytime I come to SMTB you have posted another WONDER! I don't know how you find these gems- honestly I never even cared about colored stones- then your Paraiba came along... and then the zircon and the rubellite- now THIS!!! Seriously I have never seen such a stone in real life.

Thank you soo so much for posting all these photos and sharing your amazing pieces. I love imagining you on your bicycle with your jewels- tickles me ever so much :)

I quite agree this stone has a perfectly gorgeous and one of a kind setting and you are so right to leave her there. oouuh- love that it is French, too.

Love :love: :love: :love: Congratulations and wear in good health always :halo:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just keep coming back to this ... the color is unreal. Acinom, do you know if the stone exhibits any fluorescence? It has that wonderful "glow" that I associate with excellent rubies, where the "je ne sais quois" is the attributable to something just off the human visual spectrum. I've been looking for a stone for a setting I've had sitting around ... this is totally swaying me towards sapphire! Now I just need to get lucky enough to find one like this .... :Up_to_something:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
The colour is just phenomenal! Wow! :love: You have the most wonderful collection Acinom!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That is a mesmerizing color!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results