shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW my 5.318ct H VS2 ideal-cut diamond

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Phoenix, that's just gigantic and blindingly blingly! Congrats on a dream come true!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, folks.

Here are a couple more pics of Holly showing the body colour. She's flanked by two CZ master stones, H on the left and I on the right.

What do you think?

holly_mid_h.jpg

holly_mid_h_2.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more pics of Holly. I've been trying to take arrow pics but have failed miserably! :blackeye:

These give you an idea of how huge the arrrows are. They're sooooo yummy! :lickout:

holly_arrows.jpg

holly_face_up.jpg

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
There. are. no. words.

Congratulations, Phoenix! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
It's so, so beautiful! This is more than a ring - it's a real objet d'art. The skill that must have gone into cutting it...And just think, when it was deep in the earth millions of years ago, and think how ecstatic the person who eventually found it must have been - because in the rough it would have been even bigger, of course. Do you know which country it comes from? Just would be interesting to know if Holly speaks, Russian, or Canadian, or what!

Well, I was going to post about the little 0.25 that I've been agonizing over for my solitaire DBTY bracelet, and now I don't really feel like it!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Pheonix said:
Thanks, folks.

Here are a couple more pics of Holly showing the body colour. She's flanked by two CZ master stones, H on the left and I on the right.

What do you think?
I think she looks huge, gorgeous, and white!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are giving me major DSS, Phoenix!!! I just adore the setting, too! Leon did a beautiful job on this one! :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thing is friggin insane. A real doorknob solitaire!

crebuddy

Rough_Rock
Complete knock out! Gorgeous! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I missed it in the the thread, because all I was doing was scrolling to see the pics, but what band are you pairing this with? Or are you not wearing a band with it?

BTW, this is like THEE solitaire. holy dang dang!!!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
yes, holy dang!!! That is just amazing. :love: :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix-

This is a forum I rarely visit, so I hadn't seen this thread until today. I started out reading about your enormous (and perfect) stone and the initial subject was what to name it. After I had read a couple of pages I realized that the thread was nine pages long, so I cheated and went to read the end. I found out that that you had, indeed, named the stone already (although I do not know, yet, how you decided upon the name, "Holly").

I just decided a couple of days ago that my ideal stone on Pricescope is justginger's, but I must say that yours is eyepopping! When I first bought a solitaire, I thought that 1 carat seemed quite large. I couldn't envision ever going over 1.25 carats. When I bought a stone of slightly over 2 carats for a ring, I decided it was too big and had it converted into a pendant. When I saw Harriet's 3 carat round brilliant, I decided I wanted one that size...but haven't yet been able o buy one. Now I am keeping my eyes on some of you women who think large. I am especially watching Mara to see if she decides she must make a move towards a 5 carat round brilliant now!

Wear your gorgeous ring in good health. As someone else said...it's even bigger than 5 carats, it's 5 and 1/3 carats!!! Good gracious!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lorrissey|1359503105|3366877 said:
Maybe I missed it in the the thread, because all I was doing was scrolling to see the pics, but what band are you pairing this with? Or are you not wearing a band with it?

BTW, this is like THEE solitaire. holy dang dang!!!

Sorry, I didn't realise this thread has been revived.

I had planned to pair this ring with my 25pt each full eternity band but now am not as it feels a bit too "busy" on my smaller hand. So I am just wearing Holly alone, but I don't think she feels lonely as such as she gets soooo much attention, lol!! :bigsmile: :appl:

Thank you thank you.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, i'm trying to conceive the size and beauty of this thing...I showed it to my DH and he had a hard time believing that this stone...exists!!! To him, this thing is ENORMOUS! Well, i guess, it's huge in the eyes of all of us...in the good sense! Your stone is absolutely perfect...i mean, seriously, it doesn't get better than that. And the simplicity but perfection of the setting...ahh...i've died and went to bling Heaven :love: :love: :love: I am so happy for you...after all this long journey...Wear Holly in good health and ENJOY her :appl:

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Your ering is absolutely stunning.Wear in good health.

Tan

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly on FIRE...

holly_on_fire_a.jpg

holly_on_fire_b.jpg

holly_on_fire_c.jpg

holly_on_fire_d.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last two..

Thanks for letting me share! :bigsmile:

holly_on_fire_i.jpg

holly_on_fire_j.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wooooooooooow. Thank you for the incredible eye candy!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing new pics! :sun: So what did you finally decide upon in regards to a setting change for Holly?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly lights up like Christmas lights!! She is stunning. I hope you keep her in the plain solitaire setting. I don't think anything shows her off better than the one you already have. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Kelli, mom2boys and LLJsmom. Glad you enjoyed the technicolour show. :D

I think I'd like to reset Holly into something a bit more elaborate but I still wouldn't go OTT like a halo or anything b/c Holly is everyday wear. As she is now though, she's a bit too plain, a bit tooooo understated. I think I'd like some diamonds in the gallery (perhaps bubbles) and some diamonds on the shank. I love bathing her in the ultrasonic, so anything micropave is out. I am not sure how to incorporate diamonds into the shank without it being a channel-set. So I'm still exploring options. Suggestions would be most welcome.

Also, sending her to the US and getting her back is a real PITA. I've done it once and it was an absolute nightmare. I may have to wait until we go to the US next year.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yowza!! Just beautiful!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, I found a big OEC a while back and posted it to a thread you started for you, but I'm not sure that you saw it? I don't remember which thread it was, but I think it was in CS. If you don't find it, I can go back and look!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Holly is GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

You said she's too plain in her current setting, but honestly? I think she speaks for herself - loudly! WOWZA!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, Holly is gorgeous! I love her classic and understated setting because it lets her be the star. I agree though if you do decide to reset to wait till you come to the states so you don't have to deal with sending her via mail.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Phoenix and everyone. This is my first post here (I just joined). I've been consulting threads on here for a few months, during my own diamond quest. My husband and I also wanted a 5ct diamond, and you're so right that they were not readily available within certain parameters. After months of frustration, I chose the parts that were really important to me. Color was not. I actually like warmer diamonds. Clarity was super important to me, because I have eagle eyes, and I can see flaws in VS2 and below without magnification. I do like uniqueness, though, and I was willing to compromise on cut (I like the character of antique diamonds). A sunny, beautifully unique diamond finally presented itself, and I adore it! It's the one in my profile picture. We just bought it a few weeks ago, and I am wearing it in a bag around my neck because I don't want to be without it while a ring is made! It's GIA certified, L color, VS1 clarity (would be VVS1 if not for two tiny naturals on the outside of the pavillion, near the girdle...I am into natural crystals, and those naturals show beautiful crystal formation under magnification but are not visible from the top). The crown angle is a bit less than ideal, which means that the optimal viewing angle (with maximum brightness) is a bit tilted from head-on, which doesn't bother me. I am thrilled with the diamond and can't wait to wear it!

In reading about your thoughts leading up to the ring design you chose (and that you are thinking of a different setting), I am reminded of my own thoughts on the matter. I am having a ring made from platinum, with tiny diamonds on the shank (micro pave is fine with me) and rounded edges, then tiny diamonds all around the basket setting and prongs, not visible from the top.

So exciting!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline - start a thread on your new diamond! We need more pix... :naughty:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I will. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1384680552|3557929 said:
Phoenix, I found a big OEC a while back and posted it to a thread you started for you, but I'm not sure that you saw it? I don't remember which thread it was, but I think it was in CS. If you don't find it, I can go back and look!

Thanks, Freke. I'm not actively looking for another large stone. I just came across the 9ct OEC by accident really. I'd rather use the funds for some other purpose(s).

Thank you for thinking of me though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results