shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3rd Ring in Two Years has Arrived!! (and I almost , very nearly, completely love it)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don't know if this is really the end of a 2-year saga (in fact it's almost exactly 2 years ago that I lost my original ring, on my bday, Feb 5th), but it is certainly a very nice stop. If interested in reading the novel, here's the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3rd-ring-in-two-years.103301/

Given that I wanted the diamond set low, my jeweler realized he couldn't set my stone in the the ready-made setting. He didn't tell me this before remaking the ring - I loved that he didn't waste any time, but if he's going to go through the trouble of making a new wax, I would have loved to have made some minor changes. He knows me pretty well, so maybe that was his game plan...smart guy.

Here's what I like: the overall design is just lovely, delicate looking but sturdy, has an underplate (which the ready-made setting did not have), decent finger coverage

What I don't like: the micro-milgraining is a little sloppy - more so than the original, one of the spokes of the underplate doesn't completely reach the base of the ring and there's a small gap, and the design isn't perfectly even and, well, perfect. Oh yeah, also, one of the prongs is a lot thicker than the others.

Okay, on to the pics. I've got 2 sets: mediocre, and slightly better than mediocre.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot - I forgot to rename the pics. Hang on...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Something weird happened - don''t know if this will show up.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The first batch of photos has issues and won''t post, so here''s the second.

photo shoot 6.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
pic 2.

photo shoot 4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
This might be my favorite.

photo shoot 1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Another on the hand.

photo shoot 3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
On the window sill. Hmmm, looks like rose gold, but it's just my red sweater.

photo shoot 2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Last photo (for now).

photo shoot 5.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Girl, you must have an inferiority complex if you''re calling the pics "mediocre" and the finger coverage "decent." It''s stunning!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Gosh that ring is beautiful!!!!! I'm sorry that your not totally happy with it. From those pictures, I think it looks great! It is absolutely droolworthy! Your stone totally rocks too, btw!
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:54:49 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Girl, you must have an inferiority complex if you''re calling the pics ''mediocre'' and the finger coverage ''decent.'' It''s stunning!
Thanks jstar - you''re making me and my ring feel much more confident. But, you know, after seeing all the mega-rocks on PS....

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:55:56 PM
Author: joflier
Gosh that ring is beautiful!!!!! I''m sorry that your not totally happy with it. From those pictures, I think it looks great! It is absolutely droolworthy! Your stone totally rocks too, btw!
36.gif

joflier - Thanks for your nice comments. For all my whining, I really do like my ring. I think I''ll take it in to see if that prong can be shaved down a little, but I don''t think anything can be done about the milgraining. Hey, did you get that mouse yet?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, gorgeous stone! I love the design!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's sooooooooo pretty!!! Nothing truly is ever "perfect" right? I would just enjoy it. It's lovely!!! I really don't see the flaw on the prongs and I think the milgrain is pretty.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, fixed the first batch.

3rdring1.JPG

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes!! It''s a beautiful ring!!!!

I know a thing about nitpicking but other than the prongs (which is probably not obvious in real life unless you look out for it), the rest are just gorgeous (at least from the photos, which by the way are NOT mediocre at all).

What''s underplate? Would love to see the side profile of it.

Congras on your beautiful ring!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
another one, very similar

3rdring2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
yet another hand shot.

3rdring4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s January, so this was the only green thing around.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani, I totally sympathize with wanting your ring to be perfect, but honestly, that ring iS GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
Seriously, it''s stunning, so enjoy it for a little while before tweaking it
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I meant this was the only green thing.

3rdring5.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a shot of the underplate - the gap is at about 4 or 5 o''clock.

Underplate.JPG

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
f5 f5 f5 Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty C!

It''s reminiscent of a really pretty Vatche setting that I''ve always admired.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:52:24 PM
Author: swimmer
f5 f5 f5 Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it
LOL, why think you swimmer - glad you''re in-touch with your feelings!!
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out just lovely! I hope you have reached the end of your 2 year saga because its truly beautiful and unique.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it''s gorgeous! Congratulations!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

''nuff said.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results