shape
carat
color
clarity

My 3rd Ring in Two Years has Arrived!! (and I almost , very nearly, completely love it)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Very, very, droolworthy IMO.

Of course I might be a wee bit biased, the style reminds me of
<-----------------------------------------------------------
9.gif

I love your ring. Where did you find the setting?

lp

Rough_Rock
I read your previous post about losing your original engagement ring, which is very sad...

But I must say that you have done a wonderful job picking a new one! It is BEAUTIFUL!! The setting is very unique and it has GREAT coverage - and it frames your diamond perfectly!
30.gif

-- lp

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I just love antique style, milgrain settings!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 8:57:23 PM
Author: purrfectpear

9.gif

My local (DC area) jeweler made it. It''s a family-run business and he does good work; sometimes I''m just impossible to please.
20.gif

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I just love it. It is unique and very beautiful. It looks perfect to me. Enjoy it!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!
30.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:10:41 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 1/22/2009 6:55:56 PM
Author: joflier
Gosh that ring is beautiful!!!!! I''m sorry that your not totally happy with it. From those pictures, I think it looks great! It is absolutely droolworthy! Your stone totally rocks too, btw!
36.gif

joflier - Thanks for your nice comments. For all my whining, I really do like my ring. I think I''ll take it in to see if that prong can be shaved down a little, but I don''t think anything can be done about the milgraining. Hey, did you get that mouse yet?
Do you think the milgrain will bother you, or maybe you''ll just get used to the way it looks as time goes on? And yes indeed, I''ve gotten 3 mice in the last 24 hours! Hopefully there aren''t too many more.
14.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 11:24:05 PM
Author: joflier
Do you think the milgrain will bother you, or maybe you''ll just get used to the way it looks as time goes on? And yes indeed, I''ve gotten 3 mice in the last 24 hours! Hopefully there aren''t too many more.
14.gif
AAACK!! 3??!! I hate mice, but not as much as my husband. We had a mouse issue a couple years ago, and we''d always tiptoe out in the morning, half afraid of what we''d find in the traps. DH takes care of the bugs, and I handle the mice. Ahhh, the benefits of marriage.

Anyway, yes, I think the milgrain will bother me, but I don''t think there''s anything I can do about it. Once it''s on, they can''t really erase it. I looked at Singlestone today, an some of their rings seem to have faint, barely there milgraining, so I feel a little better about that. The fat prong and the 2 holes on the inside of the shank that aren''t cleared out are fixable I think, so I''ll be taking it back to my jeweler this weekend.

redheadma

Rough_Rock
cellentani ~ It turned out positively stunning! Really love it! He was able to set the diamond so low for you. Congrats!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks redheadma - despite all of my silly complaints, I really do love it. I just went back and looked at that setting you posted; mine''s not nearly so delicate as that one (although IRL it isn''t bulky at all). I would love to see that made up, so yes, maybe for your 15th!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

akroller

Rough_Rock
I am the PS lurker to end all lurkers....but I HAD to un-lurk (?) just to say that I think your ring is absolutely goooooorgeous! I really love it, and I am not a die hard estate piece lover or anything (although I do love em.) I really appreciate the uniqueness, the finger coverage, and the "rich" look to it. I hope you grow to love its lil imperfections... It is FABULOUS!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Just beautiful!

Of course it''s not perfect--it''s handmade. That''s better than perfect.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 12:16:10 AM
Author: akroller
I am the PS lurker to end all lurkers....but I HAD to un-lurk (?) just to say that I think your ring is absolutely goooooorgeous! I really love it, and I am not a die hard estate piece lover or anything (although I do love em.) I really appreciate the uniqueness, the finger coverage, and the ''rich'' look to it. I hope you grow to love its lil imperfections... It is FABULOUS!
Wow, that''s quite a compliment, thank you! I was just about shut down the laptop, but had to respond. Welcome to Pricescope; I myself just joined a short while ago, but was a big lurker for at least a year. And yeah, I''m liking the ring more and more - especially when people say such cool things about it.

LynxCat

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! Fantastic! I have never seen anything quite like your ring. It truly is an original!
Like you, I am a bit of a perfectionist and can''t shake that feeling when something isn''t just right. I know how bothersome that can be when you want to be 100% in love with it without any reservations. See what your jeweler can correct and hopefully that will put your mind at ease. And if that doesn''t help, remember... Everyone here LOVES it and we want you to love it too!!!
30.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
It really is lovely! I hope it lasts and is nice and sturdy- you deserve a non-problematic ring after the saga you''ve gone through. The millgraining, if it is just one spot, *might* be fixable- a ring I had some extra engraving on came back with the original millgrain erased in one spot, actually, so I guess it can be done. (FWIW, I was too lazy to bring it back to fix a couple millimeters, and now I never notice the gap in the millgrain). Also estate pieces often have the millgrain literally worn off- sometimes with 90% of it gone. So if it really bugs you, ask the jeweler.

Greenlake Jewelers in Seattle does wonderful millgraining, if you are ever looking for a place that does. I''m very, very, very pick about engraving/millgraining and theirs is the best I''ve seen that isn''t incredibly expensive.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring and i guess I am not alone.
I am having milgrain and etching to my own ering and am a little nervous as to all that will come out.
Did you help with the designing of the ring?
Congrats!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous unique ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring, it''s in my top 5 PS rings ever.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2009 9:12:43 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 1/22/2009 8:57:23 PM
Author: purrfectpear

9.gif

My local (DC area) jeweler made it. It''s a family-run business and he does good work; sometimes I''m just impossible to please.
20.gif

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!
30.gif
I know what you mean about feeling impossible to please. When I received my sapphire cushion ring... I was afraid to truly look it over because I wanted ever little detail to be perfect! Well, unfortunately one of the sets of claw prongs is a little too long and another set is too short.
20.gif
Because I hate the thought of sending it back over such a minor detail, I refuse to let my pickyness get the best of me. It really isn''t that bad IRL. In your case, luckily you can drive over to your jeweler and have him fix the prong. IT REALLY IS A STUNNER....and No way your pics are mediocre!!!

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
This is the most beautiful ring! I love it!! Can you give stats on your center stone and where you found the original setting you were going to choose?
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! What an elegant setting! I hope that the prong can be fixed to your satisfaction, because it''s BEAUTIFUL!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! I''m so glad everyone likes it, and I''ve been surprised at how absolutely comfortable it is. The narrowness of the shank, aside from highlighting the center portion, makes me hardly even notice I''m wearing a ring. I wore gloves this morning (usually a pain with rings), and it was fine - no snagging or extra pulling to get the glove on.

mochi - I''m glad you think it''s beautiful. I keep reading over in CC to see what new projects you''re up to.
glitterata - thanks for your comments. I know, I know, I need to lighten up about the perfect-thing; I''m sure in a few months, I won''t even notice these teeny, tiny flaws.
LynxCat - thanks for the good advice. I think I''m peacefully resigned to the fact that some things won''t be fixable, but yes, I will take it in to see what my jeweler can do. I''m so happy you love it.
LittleGreyKitten - thanks for the heads-up on the milgraining. I actually did consider contacting an outside company about the milgraining, since it doesn''t seem to be one of my jeweler''s strong points. I''ll look up Greenlake Jewelers; I remember reading someone''s thread who had some engraving done there - she and her husband bought an antique "investment" piece which he later allowed her to keep. I was impressed with the work they did.
missismene - I''m thrilled you like my ring, and I''m overwhelmed by how many people have posted such nice things. I picked the semi-mount out of my jewelers case, but he had to make a new one - same design, just a bigger seat to fit my stone. Are you having the milgraining and etching added after the ring was finished, or have you not even seen it yet? I hope it turns out perfect and beautiful, and I''ll be watching for pics from you.
Thanks, chiquitapet, that was really nice of you.
MishB - Really?? Top 5?! Wow, I''m really flattered, thank you. I had to email my husband and tell him. He''s been very interested in what everyone''s saying - after all, he''s paying for the thing. So I''m sure you made his day too!
cushioncutnut - Thank you for sympathizing with my perfectionism! I''m a huge fan of your sapphire ring - that one got shown to the husband, more than once. And yes, I am fortunate to be able to drive to my jewelers. I''d thought about that after reading about so many people having to ship their rings out of state to get repaired.
diamondgirl5k - it was lovely of you to post. The center stone is 1.31ct (7.1mm), and I found the setting (which has .27tcw) at my local jewelers (DC area).
Just in case you''re interested in the rest of the diamond stats, they are:

depth 59.4%
table 58%
crown angle 33.4
pav angle 40.5

Oh yeah, it''s an H, SI2.

geckodani - thanks for your kind words. I''m crossing my fingers on the prong getting fixed.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love your ring -- it''s just gorgeous!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZERS! Good gosh that is stunning!

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
Wow, your ring turned out beautifully! It took my breath away!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you thumbelina, Kelli, and VictoriaEremita - all of your nice comments are making me enjoy my new ring even more!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is really a cool setting. My first thought was that it looked like a flower. Then I noticed the ring in your avatar which is a flower and I love that one too! Also love the arrows in your diamond picture, it is all so gorgeous!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT! Gosh, I love it!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - GORGEOUS ring and beautiful pics too! Thank you for sharing!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results