shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 2.61 H VS1 round, double edge VC ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result! I love the detailing and proportions. You have made some great decisions together with Victor. I love the slightly higher setting and the diamond melee proportions. Welcome to the VC club and enjoy wearing your ring!!!

Victor normally sends photo's prior to shipping. Mmm. Perhaps he wanted the ring to be a real surprise for you.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result! I love the detailing and proportions. You have made some great decisions together with Victor. I love the slightly higher setting and the diamond melee proportions. Welcome to the VC club and enjoy wearing your ring!!!

Victor normally sends photo's prior to shipping. Mmm. Perhaps he wanted the ring to be a real surprise for you.

Thank you. I really love that he takes diamond and finger size into account when designing a ring. He really prevents a ring from looking tacky. As far as the pictures, Nicholas advised that they don't send photos during production, so I never pushed it further. My James Allen, Brian Gavin, Steven Kirsch and White Flash purchases all had photos sent prior to shipment, so I found it odd that VC didn't send any. Maybe it's a new rule? Maybe he only sends them for highly customized designs or for return customers like you?

BTW, I would send you as many photos as you wanted as you have dropped a fortune for your beautiful VC collection. You need to help me find gorgeous colored stones like yours! Swoon!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beauty,Congratulations!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I really love that he takes diamond and finger size into account when designing a ring. He really prevents a ring from looking tacky. As far as the pictures, Nicholas advised that they don't send photos during production, so I never pushed it further. My James Allen, Brian Gavin, Steven Kirsch and White Flash purchases all had photos sent prior to shipment, so I found it odd that VC didn't send any. Maybe it's a new rule? Maybe he only sends them for highly customized designs or for return customers like you?

BTW, I would send you as many photos as you wanted as you have dropped a fortune for your beautiful VC collection. You need to help me find gorgeous colored stones like yours! Swoon!
VC posted this the other day! I think this is may be my ring?
IMG_1692.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! VC's pave work is just amazing! The outward stems were a great idea!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you CareBear! I was really drawn to the openness of the profile! Makes cleaning the diamond super easy!

Dster

Rough_Rock
Stunning :love:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Ring! I love how delicate the halo is.
Congratulations!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!

am12345

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Do you know what size mm melee were used for your round vs what size were used for your oval?

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Do you know what size mm melee were used for your round vs what size were used for your oval?
I believe the VC halo is 1.0-1.1mm versus 1.8 mm on the SK halo. Quite a sizeable difference. :love:

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Correction: I just looked at my appraisals. The SK halo has 1.5 mm diamonds in the halo.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the VC halo is 1.0-1.1mm versus 1.8 mm on the SK halo. Quite a sizeable difference. :love:

Loreal, your halo is perfection! I love love love it! I'm in the midst of designing my ring and want a halo similar to yours. Do you know the point size of the diamonds used (I didn't know if you meant the halo was 1mm or if the diamonds used measured 1mm (which would be 1/2pt, right?)) and/or the angle of the halo? I seem to remember reading somewhere that VC uses a 25º angle but don't hold me to that! My bf and I will (hopefully) be deciding on our center stone next week and the design process would begin in ernest shortly afterwards so I want to make sure I have all the information I need to have the ring turn out the way we envision. We won't be using VC because I want filigree work in the ring, otherwise this would be so much easier :lol:

Thanks for any help you can give!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loreal, your halo is perfection! I love love love it! I'm in the midst of designing my ring and want a halo similar to yours. Do you know the point size of the diamonds used (I didn't know if you meant the halo was 1mm or if the diamonds used measured 1mm (which would be 1/2pt, right?)) and/or the angle of the halo? I seem to remember reading somewhere that VC uses a 25º angle but don't hold me to that! My bf and I will (hopefully) be deciding on our center stone next week and the design process would begin in ernest shortly afterwards so I want to make sure I have all the information I need to have the ring turn out the way we envision. We won't be using VC because I want filigree work in the ring, otherwise this would be so much easier :lol:

Thanks for any help you can give!
Hi ILikeShiny! Thank you for your kind words. The diamonds Victor used on my ring range from .005 to .01 weight. The smallest diamonds at .90 mm (.005) were used at the prong "corners". The halo and double edge diamonds are the same size/width, which I believe are 1-1.1 mm (maybe 1.2). As for the halo, Victor used a very slight angle. You can see from the attached photos, that the halo angle is not the 25% angle he usually produces for non-double edge halos. I believe he did not angle the halo more as he needed the double edge halo to fit perpendicular to the top of the halo. Good luck on your search for your diamond. I can't wait to see how your ring turns out! BTW, Victor would be willing to customize your ring with filigree work. He really is the best!

IMG_1948.PNG FullSizeRender-1.jpg hubbies pinkie.PNG IMG_1938.JPG IMG_1935.JPG IMG_1940.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting design as always with VC!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love: Where are the pictures of this oval with split shank halo you speak of??

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! Congrats!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Loreal, your ring is gorgeous! It's one of the few VC Emilyas I've seen without a donut. Thanks so much for taking the time to post, sharing photos, comparing your VC and SK rings, and measurement details!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loreal, your ring is gorgeous! It's one of the few VC Emilyas I've seen without a donut. Thanks so much for taking the time to post, sharing photos, comparing your VC and SK rings, and measurement details!
Thank you. This is why I wanted to post my ring. There aren't a lot of donut-less Emilyas and there aren't pictures of the double edge halo on a round diamond! Thought this would help others during their research.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new infatuation with ovals (especially e-w set ones), yours is beautiful! I would think you'd have no problems selling it, good luck!!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a new infatuation with ovals (especially e-w set ones), yours is beautiful! I would think you'd have no problems selling it, good luck!!
That's a great idea. If my ring doesn't sell, I may have to reset it into as an EW pendant!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results