carat
color
clarity

My 2.29 ct AVR...Take 1!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1442808741|3930080 said:
I think you should keep the existing AVR it's a stunning stone!!! Not all AVRs are created equal, yours is a one of a kind.... Put it into a simple Antique looking 8 prong. Buy a smaller stone from Victor that is whiter or wait and get a top performing whiter H & A tranny or OEC from Erica or Grace and put it into your Van C. ring and hey presto you have two stunning rings you can leave to your daughters.

Thank you, Arkie. My one concern is that I, too, think this AVR is an exceptional stone. The cut is beautiful and it has good spread for an OEC style cut. (Ironically, the setting design I have for the stone is antique 8 prong!) If I let the stone go, I could never replicate this particular one as opposed to H&A stones. I have no problem with the idea of getting an OEC or tranny for the VanC setting and I have had my eyes open for those, too. I wish I could just go to NY and try a bunch of diamonds on, but I don't know when I'd have time.

This is why I have a problem. The things that attracted me to this diamond in the first place (including the cutter), are the reasons it is scary to let it go. But MGR has some good points, too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always sensed this love hate guilt type thing you have going on with the size and cost associated with the stone. I think you should be less harsh on yourself, you deserve it and if makes you happy try not to worry about the rest. There are very few of the new/old cuts that hold a candle to your stone, I can think of three only that I would have purchased along with yours, so I am not sure you should be in a hurry to get rid of it if you love it either. I also get the colour thing it's something that bugs me no end about my own stones but I put up with it because I love the size of one and the cut of the other....

You have been steadfast in loving the Van. C setting so that is why I am suggesting get a smaller AVR or a VC new/old cut or something amazeballs from Erica and Grace first, that way if it you love it and it alone, and you are mostly only wearing it - you can then feel completely comfortable letting the 2.29 go. If you wear both equally then you are meant to keep and love both. That is what I would do, test the waters so to speak.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1442804938|3930061 said:
MissGotRocks|1442801374|3930044 said:
So is it financially reasonable to trade up in color but down in size to another H&A stone? I sometimes think the reluctance to settle on a setting is more a reluctance to declare the current stone 'the one' - maybe because of color, maybe because of size, maybe because of the stone itself.

I'm truly not trying to force your hand but if it's not forever, don't have a setting made for it. There is no one here that will think you are crazy and I would be very sad for you to end up with a stone and ring that you are either not wild about or that makes you feel uncomfortable. I may be way off base but I think it deserves more thought. Just my two cents and sorry if I took the lid off of the wrong pot - lo!!

You are a genius and apparently know me really well, my friend. :wavey:

I couldn't decide for TWO YEARS about a setting. And after Caysie designed a gorgeous setting (which I will pay design fees for, definitely), I still felt uneasy and realized it wasn't the setting that was the problem. And you are also right, G-H was always my sweet spot for color and I cannot shake that.

Ideally, I think I'd love a smaller AVR to put in that Van C setting I have always loved, but that could not be my only/primary e-ring (I prefer more simple/classic for daily wear). I do think a H&A stone belongs in the Vatche setting. Why didn't I talk to you about this a long time ago?!

Not a genius but sometimes intuitive! It just seemed that there was such a quagmire around the setting dilemma - too many criteria to ever be able to make a good decision. I could have floated this idea for you some time ago but there was always a chance that I was wrong and I would have never wanted to step on toes or hurt your feelings.

Sometimes we get what we think we always wanted and yet somehow it's not quite right. It was a journey to get where you are today and it's hard to unravel it all and start again. However, you've had the opportunity to own some beautiful stones and along the way you've been able to appreciate each one for the traits each possessed. Now you have the opportunity to really address the ones that make you happy - size, color, flavor, etc. I know that the AVR's are limited in offerings and hard to land upon that right combination to make them perfect for you.

You've been very successful in the past with selling stones - I've no doubt that you can do it again. If I had a gorgeous, well cut five carat stone I wouldn't be happy with it because it wouldn't be right for me. Just because your current stone is beautiful on many levels, there are still some primary things about it that still make it not quite right for you.

Go for whatever makes you happy and puts you in a place where you will look at your ring with happy eyes and a contented heart. If it plays out so that you can have another stone or stones then good for you! I'm always just a shout away - don't ever hesitate to reach out!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MGR you are a lovely, wise and very eloquent woman. Your wisdom is relevant for all of us! I always love reading your posts. : :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1442850250|3930169 said:
Oh MGR you are a lovely, wise and very eloquent woman. Your wisdom is relevant for all of us! I always love reading your posts. : :wavey:

Thank you - what a kind, lovely thing to say!

The world of diamonds can be frustrating and challenging but also beautiful! I've had my fair share of ups and downs navigating all of it so I am a bit more sympathetic toward the plight! These stones don't represent need but desire and that in itself creates lots of indecision and angst. DS has been a very helpful poster to many so when she needs a leg up, I'm happy to try to oblige!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you are not a forever ring kind of person. I am and would never part with diamonds I bought unless for a financial reason.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, crazy busy last couple of days which included both a wedding and a funeral, among other things! I wanted to have enough time to respond to these very helpful posts! (Thanks, pinkgem!)

arkieb1 said:
I have always sensed this love hate guilt type thing you have going on with the size and cost associated with the stone. I think you should be less harsh on yourself, you deserve it and if makes you happy try not to worry about the rest. There are very few of the new/old cuts that hold a candle to your stone, I can think of three only that I would have purchased along with yours, so I am not sure you should be in a hurry to get rid of it if you love it either. I also get the colour thing it's something that bugs me no end about my own stones but I put up with it because I love the size of one and the cut of the other....

You have been steadfast in loving the Van. C setting so that is why I am suggesting get a smaller AVR or a VC new/old cut or something amazeballs from Erica and Grace first, that way if it you love it and it alone, and you are mostly only wearing it - you can then feel completely comfortable letting the 2.29 go. If you wear both equally then you are meant to keep and love both. That is what I would do, test the waters so to speak.

I do think I have had hesitation about size and color from the start. But the cost factor is only a factor in that I could have two diamonds for that amount of money (or by adding extra), and the burden of insurance costs wouldn't be so great for my daughters. The size of the stones would be more wearable and the insurance costs would be less. I'd be paying the same amount either way, as I'd be insuring multiple stones versus one larger stone and some smaller ones.

I think I ran into trouble with the size partly because I saw halo settings I liked for OEC type stones, but I absolutely could not increase the size appearance of my stone by adding a halo. Apacherose bought the smaller 2.1 ct AVR I almost bought, and she put hers in a gorgeous Sebastien Barier halo, but that is really the max size I could do that with. Might should have kept that stone! lol!

I like the idea of going ahead and getting the smaller AVR or OEC in the VC setting first, but I just bought a 1.65 ct mrb ideal cut diamond and probably should sell something before buying more diamonds! lol! I also upgraded my studs in the last 6 months! I do think I want a G-H ideal cut round in my Vatche setting and either an AVR/OEC in the VanC setting OR an emerald cut diamond ring. I just need to figure out a size range that I'd be happy with for all of the above. I could do the VanC with the smallest one because I do like those with 1-1.5 ct stones the most.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1442833119|3930124 said:
Not a genius but sometimes intuitive! It just seemed that there was such a quagmire around the setting dilemma - too many criteria to ever be able to make a good decision. I could have floated this idea for you some time ago but there was always a chance that I was wrong and I would have never wanted to step on toes or hurt your feelings.

Sometimes we get what we think we always wanted and yet somehow it's not quite right. It was a journey to get where you are today and it's hard to unravel it all and start again. However, you've had the opportunity to own some beautiful stones and along the way you've been able to appreciate each one for the traits each possessed. Now you have the opportunity to really address the ones that make you happy - size, color, flavor, etc. I know that the AVR's are limited in offerings and hard to land upon that right combination to make them perfect for you.

You've been very successful in the past with selling stones - I've no doubt that you can do it again. If I had a gorgeous, well cut five carat stone I wouldn't be happy with it because it wouldn't be right for me. Just because your current stone is beautiful on many levels, there are still some primary things about it that still make it not quite right for you.

Go for whatever makes you happy and puts you in a place where you will look at your ring with happy eyes and a contented heart. If it plays out so that you can have another stone or stones then good for you! I'm always just a shout away - don't ever hesitate to reach out!!

You would never hurt my feelings, MGR! I would always appreciate feedback!

I think you are exactly right about having to live with stones to learn our preferences. At least I now know my minimum and maximum size for a round! :lol: I also think I know my color preference for G-H in most cases (I'd probably go for D-F if the prices weren't insane! And I could maybe go lower in old cuts.) . I also know my style preferences...very classic (like Tiffany) as well as antique styles. So both of those and not all of one or the other. With having the more antique style Beaudry rings, I tend to lean towards more classic for the wedding set. I do think I want a mrb for the Vatche setting. I was looking at NYCspring's thread the other day and her diamond is in the Vatche setting, and it really reminded me how much I love that look. Hers is a 2 ct H but she has tiny fingers so it looks huge on her!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-the-different-ways-you-wear-stack-your-solitaire.215984/#post-3929805#p3929805']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-the-different-ways-you-wear-stack-your-solitaire.215984/#post-3929805#p3929805[/URL]

I think the first thing I need to decide is whether the 1.65 ct stone could be in the Vatche solitaire. I need to sell the AVR first if I want to buy a 1.8-2 ct one. I wish I'd just use the 1.65 because then I could get a 1.5 AVR or OEC and then I'd have two relatively comparable rings. Although, I love emerald cuts, and I think since they are deeper, I'd not be happy with under 2 cts on those.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1442863787|3930266 said:
Maybe you are not a forever ring kind of person. I am and would never part with diamonds I bought unless for a financial reason.

You know, that seems to be the case, but I really think I am a forever ring kind of person but I just haven't gotten to the perfect one for an e-ring, yet! The three Beaudry rings I really loved, got great deals on the settings, finally found stone for all of them, and I have never for one second had a thought of selling them. They are heirloom worthy, and I enjoy them all even though I don't wear RHR's everyday.

My studs are a good example. I have upgraded a couple of times and almost immediately upgraded them again right after I got the current ones, because they got in stones slightly larger that I loved. That probably would have been a mistake, though, because the ones I have are big enough while being very wearable on a daily basis. I really feel that I am exactly where I want to be. But I almost did exactly what I did in the AVR search and buy the bigger ones just because "beautiful-but-even bigger" seemed better at the moment!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - this gets more complicated than strategy for a chess game and I don't even play - lol!

While I do enjoy seeing other rings, I've never had a desire for more than one engagement ring so I really don't know how to best stage the choices. I suppose the first decision is whether or not you want to keep your current stone. I'm guessing that at this point based on size and color, you have decided this one is not for you. I think that if I felt certain about that, I'd set about either selling or trading the stone. If you want two rings with roughly the same size stone, then you could use the 1.65 for the Vatche and use the recovered money for another similar sized AVR stone to put in a yet to be purchased VanC setting. I'm not clear on whether or not you want one ring to be your primary engagement ring or if they would share that designation equally.

My best advice I think would be to figure out how much money you will have to work with and plan for the first ring. You have a good point of reference for the 1.65 in the Vatche setting because you had the 1.58 stone in it. I don't know if you'd be happy going all the way down to a 1.65 size after having had the 2.29 though. I think I'd want the largest stone that I was comfortable with in the Vatche setting; it is a true solitaire and the whole focus is primarily on the stone. The VanC setting is a bit more detailed so I think I'd put a smaller stone in it - especially since you've always envisioned it with an antique style stone and it appears that a large stone would overwhelm and somewhat overtake that setting. Sadly, I can't figure out exactly what you would do with the 1.65 if those were your decisions but I'm sure you must have had a plan for it when you purchased it.

While I appreciate you considering your daughter's future use of the rings, you really can't control this stuff from the grave and I don't know that I would want them to feel absolutely obligated to leave the rings completely intact just as they are. Times change, tastes change - just too much pressure on them to feel that they can do nothing with the rings or stones but wear them just the way they are. If they don't suit their tastes, they might just leave them in a box somewhere rather than feeling free to wear and enjoy them in a fashion that suits their needs and tastes. I know you feel very strongly about this and while I respect your opinion, I think it just further muddies the waters in terms of what you want and what you want to wear. Again, if you add too many criteria to this dilemma you will find yourself spinning on the same dime forever. Conversely, if you make an impulsive decision, you might regret it later.

I'm sure this is not much help in trying to figure out a multi-prong problem. I think you need to figure out what is the best first step toward the most important ring in the bunch - if one is to rule the others - lol!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought in buying the 1.65 was to make a three stone ring which could be a right or left hand ring (now or future). Either side round diamonds or sapphires. If I decide to get a 2 ct ideal cut for the Vatche setting, I may still go ahead and make the three stone ring with the round and let that be my two diamond rings. (Even though I'd like to do the VanC ring, the biggest problem with that is that I'd end up with three round stones. That is kind of why I inserted the possibility of an emerald cut ring (which would not be a solitaire) which could also be a right or left hand ring.)

I am really just thinking aloud at this point and wouldn't necessarily collect 5 diamond rings! I probably should not have confused things by talking about other rings. My main focus is to have an e-ring to wear and probably then set the 1.65 in something else totally different (3 stone or maybe even a pendant) if it doesn't go in the e-ring. It would actually be the perfect size for a pendant as it would be between the size of the e-ring and the studs. I just kind of like rings since I can see them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha! I think a three stone or a pendant with the 1.65 would be great! I love the new octagonal pendant that was posted today - Victor sure makes some beautiful pieces. A three stone ring would definitely allow you to see the diamond all the time - either choice would be beautiful though. I was so busy trying to plan out three rings I couldn't figure out where the new stone fit in - ha!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1442918060|3930476 said:
Gotcha! I think a three stone or a pendant with the 1.65 would be great! I love the new octagonal pendant that was posted today - Victor sure makes some beautiful pieces. A three stone ring would definitely allow you to see the diamond all the time - either choice would be beautiful though. I was so busy trying to plan out three rings I couldn't figure out where the new stone fit in - ha!

Yes, I realized that me posting all the possibilities for future rings (ha!) was clouding the main issue. I tend to try to plan the big picture and that really isn't necessary in this case. I just need to figure out the e-ring and the 1.65 will be easy to set if it doesn't go in the Vatche setting. I ordered 7.5 and 8mm czs, so the 1.65 is a little bigger than the 7.5 and a 2 ct stone is a little bigger than 8mm. So I can maybe get a better feeling about sizes. I am certainly sure I can wear 2 cts, it's just that I may be satisfied with smaller. But doing anything requires the decision on the AVR, and I need to decide that soon. Maybe I will just list it and see what happens???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello:

FWIW--you might be less concerned about downsizing and wearing a smaller diamond than you "imagine". Certainly I am the extreme, but at present, I have no ER after wearing my 5 c centre stone (6.12 ctw) ring for 10 years and my 1.5 solitaire for 20 years before that. I am happy!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, if you are sure that you that the 2.29 doesn't fit the bill, why not list it and see what happens!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1442934865|3930553 said:
Hello:

FWIW--you might be less concerned about downsizing and wearing a smaller diamond than you "imagine". Certainly I am the extreme, but at present, I have no ER after wearing my 5 c centre stone (6.12 ctw) ring for 10 years and my 1.5 solitaire for 20 years before that. I am happy!

cheers--Sharon

Ahh, thanks for weighing in, Sharon! This is actually great to know! You know, I have been wearing a 5 stone diamond band for the last 4 months almost, and not ONE single person has noticed or asked me where my diamond ring was! I have missed having a "wedding set", but I am pretty sure the 1.65 would be fine, especially considering I once thought that size was too big! :lol:

I am very glad you can relate to this! I was thinking no one here probably could fathom it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1442937671|3930570 said:
Yes, if you are sure that you that the 2.29 doesn't fit the bill, why not list it and see what happens!

I think that is what I will do! Can't lose a thing by trying!

Thank you for all your help!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Hi DS! I just checked in your thread to see the status of your reset... and when I saw that you mentioned my ring as part of your inspiration to set an MRB into a Vatche U113 again- you could have knocked me over with a feather! Your Vatche ring was the main inspiration for my reset- the setting looks so elegant and chic on your hand. So it is your own vision that you are drawn to!! :) While your AVR is stunning, it sounds like it is not the perfect e-ring stone for you, color/size wise. If you do list it for sale, I'm sure there are many PS'ers that would be eager to snatch it up! I mean.. I would snatch it up myself if I had the funds. :lol: Also, considering how you are size sensitive - I think your new 1.65ct could be perfect for your Vatche solitaire. That is still a substantial size that will have plenty of presence on a simple solitaire- your previous 1.58ct MRB in Vatche is proof of that.. it was stunning! And for days when you are feeling more blingy... perhaps a ~1.5ct emerald cut in a CvB or Sebastien Barier halo? That might leave a bit of room to get your smaller OEC/AVR in a VanC setting as well..? Just sayin'! ;)) I hope you don't mind me sharing my 2 cents!! :halo: You have so many wonderful options to choose from, and I have no doubt that you are going to make some amazing choices!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread is so interesting to me. I absolutely love the August Vintage diamonds. I love the high crowns and chunky facets. I think back to how I chose diameter over depth (I was deciding between an early round brilliant and an OEC), and my husband preferred the early round brilliant (it was also less expensive, which I'm sure played a part for him). I think sometimes about how maybe I wish I had chosen differently. When I think about trading in, I know that I would have to get a smaller diamond if I did that, and I can't seem to make myself want to do that. And you are talking about wanting smaller! It's interesting. In any case, I LOVE your diamond. It's stunning to me.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DS buying diamonds and choosing settings should be a fun and exciting process. From the tone of your threads it just doesn't sound like you have been enjoying yourself in the search for a new setting for your lovely AVR. I think you are wise to hold off on that and revisit what it is that you really want. Do something that is practical for the life you live, but still gives you a thrill every time you look at it!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know whether it was the brilliant shots you managed to take but some of the pictures of your Vatche U113 with your mrb, (I loved the stong fluorescence), together with your Tiffany Legacy band just seemed the epitome of elegance from every angle to me.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi DS! I'm usually a lurker, but just wanted to chime in with my support. :wavey:

I've followed your journey over the years (I think we even had the same AVR at one point!) and have loved every decision along the way. As others have said, you have some wonderful options to explore and you're sure to end up with something (or somethings!) that make your heart sing.

:)

kathy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nycspring|1442949297|3930630 said:
Hi DS! I just checked in your thread to see the status of your reset... and when I saw that you mentioned my ring as part of your inspiration to set an MRB into a Vatche U113 again- you could have knocked me over with a feather! Your Vatche ring was the main inspiration for my reset- the setting looks so elegant and chic on your hand. So it is your own vision that you are drawn to!! :) While your AVR is stunning, it sounds like it is not the perfect e-ring stone for you, color/size wise. If you do list it for sale, I'm sure there are many PS'ers that would be eager to snatch it up! I mean.. I would snatch it up myself if I had the funds. :lol: Also, considering how you are size sensitive - I think your new 1.65ct could be perfect for your Vatche solitaire. That is still a substantial size that will have plenty of presence on a simple solitaire- your previous 1.58ct MRB in Vatche is proof of that.. it was stunning! And for days when you are feeling more blingy... perhaps a ~1.5ct emerald cut in a CvB or Sebastien Barier halo? That might leave a bit of room to get your smaller OEC/AVR in a VanC setting as well..? Just sayin'! ;)) I hope you don't mind me sharing my 2 cents!! :halo: You have so many wonderful options to choose from, and I have no doubt that you are going to make some amazing choices!

Thanks so much, nycspring! I will tell you that seeing your 2 ct gorgeous stone in that setting really reminded me how much I love that elegant but simple look! You are also very much on target about my thoughts of an emerald cut, as well! I am more than happy to read your great ideas!

Tourmaline said:
This thread is so interesting to me. I absolutely love the August Vintage diamonds. I love the high crowns and chunky facets. I think back to how I chose diameter over depth (I was deciding between an early round brilliant and an OEC), and my husband preferred the early round brilliant (it was also less expensive, which I'm sure played a part for him). I think sometimes about how maybe I wish I had chosen differently. When I think about trading in, I know that I would have to get a smaller diamond if I did that, and I can't seem to make myself want to do that. And you are talking about wanting smaller! It's interesting. In any case, I LOVE your diamond. It's stunning to me.

Thank you, Tourmaline! I will probably start having second thoughts hearing the nice comments on the AVR! You know, it can be hard to get everything you want in one diamond. I have tried and found it impossible! If I do sell the AVR, I have to be careful in choosing the new stone(s), because I really and sincerely would like to someday have rings that I will KEEP!!! If I think my 1.65 is too small (it will be here this week), I likely will choose one in the 1.8-2.1 range. If the AVR doesn't sell at this time, I'll still have a beautiful diamond, so I figure it will work out either way!

(I am replying to everyone...just a couple per post!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1442963311|3930687 said:
DS buying diamonds and choosing settings should be a fun and exciting process. From the tone of your threads it just doesn't sound like you have been enjoying yourself in the search for a new setting for your lovely AVR. I think you are wise to hold off on that and revisit what it is that you really want. Do something that is practical for the life you live, but still gives you a thrill every time you look at it!

Thanks, Sundial! I'll likely end up with something very similar to what you have (and what I had before) but with a little smaller diamond than this one. Practical, timeless, elegant, simple, with a perfect diamond is about all I want for daily wear!

Polished said:
I don't know whether it was the brilliant shots you managed to take but some of the pictures of your Vatche U113 with your mrb, (I loved the stong fluorescence), together with your Tiffany Legacy band just seemed the epitome of elegance from every angle to me.

Thank you!!!! That is very encouraging to hear, Polished! I really think I like that best for the Vatche setting and it just fits ME, I think!

kathleenmv said:
Hi DS! I'm usually a lurker, but just wanted to chime in with my support. :wavey:

I've followed your journey over the years (I think we even had the same AVR at one point!) and have loved every decision along the way. As others have said, you have some wonderful options to explore and you're sure to end up with something (or somethings!) that make your heart sing.

:)

kathy

Thank you, Kathy! You know how much I have loved your rings! Yes, I did take a look at the AVR you once had when I was looking for this one. Believe it or not, at that point I told Jon it was too big for me, and what did I do? A month later I ended up with this one which was even larger!!! I apparently had temporary insanity! :lol:

I really appreciate all the kindness from all of you. I am sure some people want to slap me and say...WHY CAN'T YOU BUY A DIAMOND AND JUST KEEP IT???!!! I ask myself that, too. But I apparently have to experiment to figure out what is best, and that takes some time!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I totally understand the quest to find "The One." Over the years, I've had a traditional round, a princess, a Jubilee, a H&A, an OEC and an AVR--all for my engagement ring. (Eeek!) And now I'm embarking on a new, larger AVR, which is funny (crazy?) because sometimes I feel my current stone is too large and end up wearing just my wedding band.

Anyway, I totally hear where you're coming from and have every confidence you'll end up with exactly what makes you feel best. :) And how wonderful is that?!

kathy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathleenmv|1442973938|3930736 said:
I totally understand the quest to find "The One." Over the years, I've had a traditional round, a princess, a Jubilee, a H&A, an OEC and an AVR--all for my engagement ring. (Eeek!) And now I'm embarking on a new, larger AVR, which is funny (crazy?) because sometimes I feel my current stone is too large and end up wearing just my wedding band.

Anyway, I totally hear where you're coming from and have every confidence you'll end up with exactly what makes you feel best. :) And how wonderful is that?!

kathy

Lol, well it makes me feel better than some of you can relate!!! I am very interested to hear about your project and am curious as to the size you are getting!!! I know where you can find one for a somewhat good deal! :lol:

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Your AVR is an absolute stunner, and I've no doubt it'll go to a good home soon! :))

I'm having an AVR custom-cut, which should end up in the 2.7, L, VS range, give or take. Another interesting step on my diamond journey as previously I wouldn't go below an I, then bought an M and loved it! Anywho, I promise to post pics when it's done!

Good luck with next steps, DS!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathleenmv|1442981420|3930752 said:
Your AVR is an absolute stunner, and I've no doubt it'll go to a good home soon! :))

I'm having an AVR custom-cut, which should end up in the 2.7, L, VS range, give or take. Another interesting step on my diamond journey as previously I wouldn't go below an I, then bought an M and loved it! Anywho, I promise to post pics when it's done!

Good luck with next steps, DS!!

Oh, wow, that is big! I can't wait to see it! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="diamondseeker2006|

YES! I am not sure what that magic ideal size is!!! You are right that I spent a LOT of time telling Jon that the 1.6 was too big! But then when I sold it and went to 1.5, I did miss that .1mm difference! So I did get used to the 1.6 and that is for sure the minimum. In order to trade the AVR in, it would take a 2 ct G VS mrb to reach the price level of the 2.3 I VS1 AVR. (AVR's are not an option because there just are not any with my specs.) If I could sell the AVR myself and not have to pay a consignment fee, I could sell it at a small discount and use that money to buy maybe a 1.8-2.0 and have some left to go towards a second stone which would likely be an emerald cut. But before I buy anything, I need to figure out the size which isn't easy because cz's only come in sizes like 7.5, 8mm, 9mm, etc and not the in-between sizes. I think I might like 2 cts but I really want to get it right this time. (I did recently buy a 1.65 mrb second hand and that could be used in a solitaire if I could go down that much in size, but I really was buying it with the idea of making a three stone ring. I am not making a decision about that until I figure out my e-ring!!!!)[/quote]

:o Down size?... :nono: that would be against PSer's rule #1.. :Up_to_something: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results