shape
carat
color
clarity

murry is dying

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
He is beautiful. Reminds me of my old pug. I am sorry he's not doing well. He looks like such a bundle of love.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have done one of the most selfless things a human can do for an animal. For all of us that have endured this, you have our sympathy and respect. The pain and suffering are over for him and I know he is grateful.

Take care of yourself now. . . it is a process but you will get through it. Hugs to you.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry.

I found this sweet poem on the internet about the loss of a dog. Hope it may help in some teeny, tiny way:

Today we had to let you go,
It broke our hearts in two,
We had to leave you at that place,
Alone and feeling blue.
The only thing that we could do,
Was drive back home and cry,
For we just couldn't keep you,
No matter how we tried.
You'll never be forgotten,
As long as we two live,
You gave us all the love,
A little dog could give.
We'll think about you often,
And wonder where you are,
And in our hearts we'll hear your bell,
Tinkling from afar.

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/all-the-love-a-little-dog-could-give#ixzz3JYp6IBgz
Family Friend Poems

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to this thread, but wanted to express how sorry I am for your loss. Murry seemed like a very special dog. He was lucky to have you by his side during his life and in his last moments.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am deeply sorry for your loss. Healing hugs and dust to you & your family.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL, I am so so sorry. I wish I could take away your pain. I'm sitting here crying as I type this. I wish all children could be loved as much as Murry was.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
There are no words. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Murry.

Kroshka

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for the loss of your furry friend :cry: . My condolences.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;(

just very :(sad

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry for your loss. Murry is out of pain now, but I know you are not. I hope you can take consolation in being able to help your trusted friend in his time of need. He will always be in your heart and your memories.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for your loss. When we lose one of our furry friends it is truly one of the worst feelings to endure. I have been down this road many times and it does get better with time. Each day the grief will subside a bit. Enjoy your memories and allow yourself time to heal.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you did right by Murry, VL.
both with your decision and by holding him in love as he left.
remember: death does not end your path together because he lives in your heart.
and if it didn't hurt so bad it wouldn't have been real.
you were both very fortunate to have each other for so long.
RIP Murry: you loved well and were well loved.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, VL, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vl, I'm so sorry.

hoover

Shiny_Rock
VL, I'm so sorry for your loss. ;(
Please take solace in knowing that Murry is free from pain now and he will be waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss VL. :(( Rest in peace sweet Murry.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Vapid, I am so sorry. I know from experience, that is so painful to have to do.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
VL, my heart goes out to you. Nothing can be said and done that will ease your pain now but just know that we are here for you. Also, hopefully one day your loving heart will be able to give love to another fur baby. It will never be the same but each one is special and many need us.

It is all too fresh for me with Stella having left this world a bit over a year. What has helped me a lot especially initially was the pet loss forum, the importance of support from others that have gone through this cannot be overstated. Hugs to you during this very difficult time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of both you and Murry. ((Hugs))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your generous thoughts and kind words. I would not have made it through the decision, and the act, without them. The act and the aftermath are just terrible. I feel half the man I was a few days ago, and also to have aged 10 years in the last 10 months. SO didn't go with me, a friend of ours did. We had been at the Cancer center already in the morning for monthly tests, treatment and consultation. When I got home I cleared the counters of all his medications and stuff, picked all his toys off the floor, His dishes put away. He in his daybed had full view of me in my workspace, and I him from mine. that had to go and SO took care of that. I found myself last night looking everywhere for him. I'm sure I hallucinated his breathing sounds, one of his harrumphs, a sigh all night. I can't eat, well really I couldn't even before. It tore my heart to prepare anything in the kitchen with him watching and not having eaten in two weeks. I walk in ways that anticipate him because he was always under my feet, and he always had his eyes on me.
I know nothing could have been done that wasn't. The medical care he had kept him with me for these last two years. It was never going to get better, only worse, and rapidly. So this was the right thing to do for him. There was so much of him in me, and me in him that I feel now just small, lonely and scared.

year1.jpg

year1a.jpg

year1nylabone.jpg

year1croton.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

year1dontlikered.jpg

year1firstcoat.jpg

_24420.jpg

year1thebestday.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
VL, I know how you feel, after I let Stella go and I am sure I talked about her dying on this forum and how she jumped in my arms when she was sedated, her stuff was all over my bedroom, I sold my place, I was moving anyhow but I still dream of her and my place and her talking to me when I come home and following me around. Her son sounds like her sometimes so much that I think I am hearing her. I sometimes find myself talking to her and telling her I miss her and want her to come back. I still cry a few times a month and I cried for two days nonstop when she left. The feeling of guilt was terrible like why I made this decision and that. I have had to let other fur babies go, she was the hardest. My oldest cats are now 14, I am scared to death of them passing. My dogs are young though. Watching them suffer is the hardest thing to do though and you do feel relief that they are no longer suffering, do know they appreciate your last act of kindness. I think to me this was harder than losing my beloved grandma because it feels like losing a kid, they are supposed to go after us, somehow since we take care of them this does not seem natural. I hope you have or will have another fur baby to love and be loved by. It does get better by time even if this sounds like a cliché. There are just normal parts of grieving we all have to go through. Being there with you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your last posting resonated greatly with me. (Please excuse the trendy word. It just fit perfectly.) I have to say that although Biscuit's life ended in 2008, I will never "get over" him. I watched some videos with my daughter a few nights ago and he was in them as an old dog and my heart was full and breaking although it has, now, been almost 7 years since his death. And although I truly love our present dog, Griffin.

Love can be so powerful! I hear you. I really hear you.

Deb

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL, My heart is breaking for you as I read this post. I can hardly type through the tears. Thank goodness goodness you took so many beautiful pictures of him. You will always have your memories and pictures to cherish. I know there isn't anything I can say to take away your pain but I so wish I could do something for you. I am so, so sorry for you loss. Callie

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking about you today, VL. That last picture made me cry at my desk - letting a loved one go is so, so hard, and I think it's even harder when it's a loved one who is entirely dependent on you :(sad

Thank you so much for sharing how much you two loved each other with us!! ::HUG::

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear VapidLapid,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your bond with Murry was special. Your love and concern for him come through so clearly in your posts and the pictures that you shared. Your life and his were each enriched by the other's presence. I wish I had words that could offer some comfort.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VL, I know exactly what you're experiencing. We had to gather up everything as soon as we got home as it was just too painful to look at. We donated a lot of half-used medications, food, various things to a local pet rescue shelter. Lucy's special items went into a memory box. My DH and I literally felt like zombies for weeks. I would dream of her at night and one time after falling asleep on the sofa I had the most wonderful dream. She was young & healthy again - it was like watching a recording of an exact event that happened. She was just a tiny 7.5 lb peanut but she could fly down the stairs with lightning speed in the days before arthritis and knee issues. In my dream I saw her run down the stairs, leap from the third step and turn a circle mid-air and land facing directing towards me with a big smile on her face. It was so real, like HDTV! I woke up sobbing but then I found it comforting knowing my memory can call up these images when needed. I've talked with many people over the years, long before Lucy passed, who were close to their pets and have been convinced they "pop" in once in a while to check on their humans. This actually happened to me as well - I like you, was so sure I heard Lucy in bed with us one night. No lie, about three weeks ago after having a particularly hard time with the new girls, I was laying in bed wide awake and I heard one of the dogs jump off the bed and run across the hardwood floor. I wondering which one it was so I sat up and both girls were curled up sound asleep on the bed between myself and my DH. They didn't even move when I sat up. So I'm convinced Lucy came for a visit or we have a sneaky mouse (which I don't think is the case). VL, I know the coming days will be very difficult on you, especially when dealing with other stresses in your life, but it will get somewhat easier once you establish new routines. The memories of Murry being sick will be replaced with memories of when he was young, healthy & full of vigor. It's the kindness and most selfless thing we can give our furry best friends being with them at the end of their journey. Sorry about the long winded message as that's how I write.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VL, I forgot to say in my earlier posts, Murry was a very handsome boy! You can see the love for you in his eyes. He looked like a little teddy bear that you would just want to constantly hug.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
VL, I have 7 urns with cat remains that have a candle lit in front of them pretty much 24/7.....
when I die I am to be cremated and their ashes mingled with mine.
knowing that together we will be united and lying under a redwood tree to nourish it and continue the cycle of life.
this thought gives me comfort.
one of my cats, Gato, I was with for 21 years.....that is longer than I have ever been married to any man or lived even at home as a child.

what you are feeling is natural. you will go through all the stages of grief. you have Murry in your heart. so very many people are not so lucky. nothing anyone says right now can make the pain less. the only thing we can say is to let you know we understand.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Movie Zombie that was beautiful. I think to me the hardest thing is that I have nothing left of Stella. Guess that is not true because I have her son and he has always been a very special boy handraised by me for his first three days of life and him thinking I am his momma but still he is not her, very special but different. I lost her other son 9 months before Stella herself unexpectedly. But I wish I had kept a piece of her fur, her scent, something but I still remember her scent how she would always come to bed washing my hair and lotion off and curl up next to me peacefully purring and take turns lying sideways with her sides to me side and going to eat something as she was so happy to sleep with me. But memories do not feel enough, I would do anything to bring her back so we could start over. There are things that are very hard to accept. Still our everyday lives go on and we learn to cope but never forget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results