shape
carat
color
clarity

@mrs-b are you OK?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope Mr B recovers soon and you’re both feeling better.
I know how much you love Christmas time, I hope it does bring you some joy and happiness catching up with your lovely friends and your gorgeous daughter.
Big hugs from afar xx

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs to you ❤️ You are in my prayers. And I hope that even if you aren't doing well right now that you have an amazing holiday this year with all the people who love you ❤️ ♥️

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b it sounds like you are dealing with alot of stuff that is good, I am sorry and I send tons of prayers and well wishes for you and your family

Patty

Ideal_Rock
mrs-b, I’m sorry that both you and your husband are feeling bad with your illnesses. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! I hope that they bring you some joy despite feeling bad.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny, @tyty333, @whitewave, @dk168, @rainydaze, @Kim N, @SparklieBug, @marymm, @RunningwithScissors, @Mrsz1ppy, @diamondseeker2006, @Mreader, @MissGotRocks, @lulu_ma, @Bonfire, @Karl_K, @Autumn in New England, @HS4S_2, @Ibrakeforpossums, @Ionysis, @TooPatient, @Redwoods-hiker-girl, @Daisys and Diamonds, @Ally T, @foxinsox, @missy, @elle_71125, @Sparkles88, @MeowMeow, @diamondringlover and @Patty -

Thank you so much for all your kind words and please forgive me for not responding individually. And to everyone else who responded with likes and emojis of all kinds - thank you. <3

I've been doing the immunocompromised thing for some years now, but switching from it being one person in a household, to a household where NEITHER person is safe - is tougher than you might think. And at the end of three horrendous years of health issues, it's been a lot. The worry generated is....considerable.

Please rest assured, we take ALL the precautions, and the risks aren't from our own friends - who are vigilant in protecting us. Any illness we've contracted has been from either unavoidable work functions or from trips to hospitals (now THERE'S a petri dish of bugs, germs and issues of all kinds!) - again, unavoidable.

We need to jig my husband's treatment to find something that works, so prayers and well wishes of that specific nature are more than welcome. And I'm hoping this year that we might get definitive clarity on how to deal with my back so I regain full mobility. When all is said and done, I'm not the first person to have a spinal fusion and sometimes I think I'm just overthinking it. But when we have a slew of drs, all giving me side eye and saying "Yes, well, this is probably the *best* way forward, tho we can't guarantee anything and....what? Me?? Would I have it if I were you? Er - no - probably not..." Two years ago I was the aerobics queen, so it MUST be possible to get this corrected in some way. Just blowed if I can work out what way that is. And after a bunch of scary surgeries, I'm not rushing towards the next one, that's for sure. And so - I'm stuck.

If it's ok with everyone, I probably won't comment on this thread again. I'm a fairly open and honest person and I think pretending to be happy and well when things are crap is a lot like emotional photo-shopping. But on the other hand, I don't want to 'dwell', y'know? So I enjoy what I enjoy, do what I can, and stick a pillow over my face and bay at the moon when I need to.

But I intend to have an AWESOME Christmas, dammit! I mean - did anyone SEE my Christmas Day menu on the Christmas traditions thread?? I'll post it again here.....

Thanks again folks - your care, concern and kind wishes are appreciated and valued. Love to you all. oxo

Christmas Dinner at Christmas Central, Boston MA.

At noon -

Cheese platter, vegan spinach and cheese tarts, seafood platter, vegan deviled eggs (They're baby halved roasted potatoes stuffed with curried hummus).

At 2.30pm -

Roasted corn and sun-dried tomato chowder
or
Cream of oyster soup

Salmon Wellington (like beef Wellington, but with salmon)
Prime rib with brandy peppercorn cream sauce
Morel mushroom casserole au jus with mashed potatoes

Vegetables Napoleon
Roasted greens

Home made baklava with whipped cream
Gingerbread, chocolate mousse and pear trifle

Hot bread
Various wines
Chocolates

(If it's not obvious by that menu, we have people coming who eat a regular diet, I do keto, one guest is pescatarian, and another person is 100% vegan! Whew!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no.
I'm sending you big, but gentle, e-hugs.

I'll bet your diamonds are a blazing light show with all those pretty lights.

@kenny, on the very worst of days, when all I can do is sit, I've been known to sit next to the Christmas tree in my family room, hold my hand up to the lights, and cast spectrums all around the room. Sometimes for more time than is decent. ::)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:mrgreen:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mrs B.
I so always enjoy your posts, but this one is especially heartbreaking. I believe you are a talented therapist and are always willing to help others. I am glad that there are others in your life to help you now. The constant barrage of health issues would make anyone collapse under the weight of it all. I am so sorry.
Do things the easiest way you can . Don't push yourself, enjoy the season. It is such a Joyous time and is so beautiful.

I wish you to be pain free most of all.

Annette

Your Christmas menu sounds divine! And I don't blame you in the slightest for not wanting to dwell. It was very considerate of you to update and share with us in the first place. I just wanted to send my best wishes to you and your husband for a healthier and happier 2023. Hugs, Autumn

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That menu is spectacular! I had missed seeing that in the other thread. Your decorations are gorgeous too! I am reminded of my grandmother who went all out and decorated every last inch of their home. Always so classic and amazing!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your health issues mrs-b, hope you and your husband improve and you get all the energy you need. Your decorations look lovely btw.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny, on the very worst of days, when all I can do is sit, I've been known to sit next to the Christmas tree in my family room, hold my hand up to the lights, and cast spectrums all around the room. Sometimes for more time than is decent. ::)

Umm, no such thing. All the sparkle and lights go right to your soul in the most healing of ways, I'm sure. Sending dust and endless, boundless energy to go with your endless, boundless Christmas Spirit!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b So sorry to hear all you are going through, sending you and your husband positive vibes and big hugs.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Aww, @mrs-b , even if you aren’t responding anymore, wanted to send you some support.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Many prayers for you and DH!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope it all works out @mrs-b.

I’ve had 3 spine neurosurgeries and I’m fused C3-7. Still have some hardware in and also had my lumbar spine worked on. Stenosis sucks. And I’m immuno-compromised due to RA. I feel your pain. But I will say that having those surgeries was a good thing and my results were good. I’m 63 and had the surgeries in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Hope you have a relatively pain free holiday season!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My turn @mrs-b! Can you tell, I'm bad at this.
I keep looking for something to offer you and I keep looking around listlessly like that's going to do something. I would take your pain. Trite, I know, and yet sincere just the same. You're crystallized as my spirit girl headbanging on her bed in the face of all of it. Always. You're still doing it. I'm happy you'll be surrounded by love and can wring every drop of joy to fashion into a totem to draw from. You've made it absolutely beautiful for them. They will make it beautiful for you.
I'm pulling for you and your love. Keep using the light. Shine on, woman.
You got moxie, yes you do.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just have to say that menu looks amazing! Go relax as much as possible and enjoy your time with friends!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of your family's health struggles - hoping that the coming days bring both of you some relief. Your decorations and Christmas menu look amazing - enjoy the holiday surrounded by love and sparkles!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I’m sorry you aren't feeling well. Dealing with serious health issues that limit what you can do is hard on anyone. The past few years must have been very difficult for you. Your home looks beautiful, warm and inviting. You made everything look magical. I know this is a very special Christmas for you. Enjoy every minute of it.

Is there a way you could order in some of the food so you don’t have to spend hours on your feet in the kitchen? At the end of the day the fun you have being together with the people you love is what is important and what people remember.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear that you and your DH are struggling with health issues. I'm sending lots of love and good wishes your way! I love your Christmas decorations and your menu sounds delicious! Have a wonderful holiday season!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b My heart literally goes out to you. I read this earlier but it actually hurts my heart to hear what you are going through. There are no words for me to say how much I hope things turn around so you can get some peace from pain and worry. XOXO

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Jeepers, @mrs-b so sorry about everything you and your hubby are dealing with. Wishing you a happy holiday with family, and that 2023 is a better year for both of you!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually we were sick on-off as a household after catching covid (maybe 6-7 illnesses such as hand foot and mouth, brochitis in 3.5 months).

Eventually we read a lot of articles that seemed to suggest there is a short term shift in your immune system after covid.

I say this because I think the effect is probably temporary. So I feel like hanging in there and outsourcing the christmas catering or other chores until it gets a bit better might be a viable solution.

Whatever you do I hope things get better soon and you get to enjoy Christmas together.

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
OH, @mrs-b , I'm so sorry to read this. You are such a kind and generous person, and you don't deserve any of it. I hope things get better soon!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I am thinking about you. I'm not going to say too much because I know you don't want to dwell on things, but I am sending you love. I want to tell you I think you are an awesome woman and that your Christmas menu is killer!! I am a vegetarian and I LOVE all the vegan ideas you came up with, oh my goodness!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you peace and comfort in the spirit of the season, and beyond. Please know you have all the support of the whole community here! All the best!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, it is heartbreaking to hear what you are going thru. Wish you all the best and most importantly please don't overstretch yourself. Hope you have a stress-free holiday season. Sending you lots of prayers and warm wishes.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sending you healing dust and good vibes from afar - I love reading your posts, @mrs-b

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b, I'm sorry you and hubby are having such a tough time at the moment. As always seems to be the case with you, you always manage to extract the light and joy in the darkest of times, so I'm glad Christmas is bringing you some happiness at yet another trying time for you. Sending you both much love across the oceans x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results