shape
carat
color
clarity

@mrs-b are you OK?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I am an infrequent poster but avid reader and love following all of y'all. I have my own tiny project that I'm working on and @mrs-b has been helping me. I noticed she hasn't posted in about a week and that seems uncommon. I know she is somewhat immunocompromised and there is so much flu running around, I just wanted to make sure she is OK. I don't mean to be intrusive, I'm just such a worrier (ED physician, seeing so much bad stuff). She has spearheaded the bolstering thread for our PS friend who had open heart surgery. In case she needs bolstering, I wanted her to know I am thinking of her and hope she is well and enjoying family time and time studying her amazing collection of jewels.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @FornasettiLover - and thank you for asking. <3

The truth is - no, I'm not. 3 years ago I got cancer and was ill for some time, but got better. Then in 2020 I got some weird autoimmune thing that caused problems with my heart and I was in hospital at the height of the pandemic at a time when even my husband couldn't visit me, despite having surgery on my heart. My attending cardiologist told me when I was discharged that he had thought I'd die in hospital - and I have to say, it sure felt like that at the time. That whole experience unnerved me, especially never finding out what caused it precisely or even what it was, and it's been quite destabilizing. Both my parents dropped dead unexpectedly in their 50's - just went out one day and never came back - my father, for instance, dropped dead on a squash court. So I feel as tho I go through life looking over my shoulder, health-wise.

Then last year, due to an old injury that was exacerbated by my Crohn's disease, which is apparently morphing into ankylosing spondylitis, my spine started giving me weirdo sciatic pain of the sudden, electric shock, utterly debilitating kind, and I lost my ability to exercise in any meaningful way. I've found this hugely lowering and very discouraging. To say nothing of utterly exhausting. I'm meant to be having.a spinal fusion plus an ocean of bone removal (the A/S has led to the growth of all sorts of bone spurs and stenosis - to the extent that I now have an almost fully enclosed cage of bone around both my lumbar spine and my thoracic spine) - but all the surgeons I've seen have told me they're uncertain whether this will actually help me and that, while I still have any degree of reasonable mobility, I should put it off as long as I can. Despite the pain, my PCP has flatly told me she wouldn't have it were she me. Alternative suggestions tho? Zero. Pain? Ten outta 10.

Then this year, my husband, who was always the healthiest person I'd ever met but who has had inflammation problems with his eyes over the last few years, was finally diagnosed with stage 3+ sarcoidosis. It's not responding to treatment and has spread systems-wide and is affecting his lungs and eyesight in a very worrying manner. He's now on a biologic (same one as me, in fact), which has suppressed his immune system, and consequently, since starting it 8 weeks ago, has had covid, 3 colds, and a lung infection - the latest cold / tonsillitis raising its ugly head this morning - about 2 days after getting over the one before. Each of these colds/covid/chest infections he's passed onto me, so we've both been sick and, as of this afternoon, I've realized I have a cough, sneezes, a sore throat, and a low grade fever.

Having the most wonderful friends in the world as I do, they're coming to me this Christmas. But that also means I'm hosting 7 people over a 4 week time frame. I'm not so ill that I can't get about and do things, nor so immobile that I can't be a hostess. But I'm burnt out over the exhaustion of years, and realizing we're going to get sick *again* makes me want to put my head in my hands and cry.

So - I'm in pain, I'm sick, I'm beyond tired, and I am utterly, utterly burnt out.

On the other hand, I adore Christmas and this time of year, so here are some photos of my decorations that I took not more than 5 minutes ago. :))

My living/dining rooms:

IMG_2294.jpg

My family room tree:

IMG_2296.jpg

A decorative bunch of stuff:

IMG_2297.jpg

This is the tree in my office. It's decorated with hand-painted glass balls of Australian flora. It's my favorite tree because it reminds me of home.

IMG_2298.jpg

And lastly, my daughter's bedroom. She's currently at UC Berkeley, but arrives in 11 days. I gave her her own tree and a bunch of fairy lights as a small surprise. :))

IMG_2299.jpg

As for the outside of the house, we are positively aglow with fairy lights and I find it very beautiful. So despite the emotional drab, I have a great deal of physical beauty and joy in my own home, and am very grateful for all that I have.

Thanks for asking, @FornasettiLover - I appreciate it.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no.
I'm sending you big, but gentle, e-hugs.

I'll bet your diamonds are a blazing light show with all those pretty lights.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your decorations are lovely @mrs-b !

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health problems. Sounds like you never get a break. Please take it easy over the holidays.
Big hugs to you and your DH.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please be careful. Mrs. B. 868405AC-3EE6-4084-8F8E-02FF6CB92851.jpeg

This is a legitimate reason to cancel if you want…

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you and your hubby will feel better soon!

Winging some dust your way!

DK :wavey:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so sorry @mrs-b. That is far and away too much to endure. How you have any spirit in spite of all of that is incredible. You are one heck of a lady!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you gentle hugs and wishes for better health soon for you and your DH, mrs-b.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Awww. I am so sorry to hear that you are beginning to experience AS symptoms on top of all the other things you deal with. My DH has AS; my SIL has Crohn's; they are definitely in the same "pain" camp and have a variety of meds/tools for management. Such a bummer (to use the world's biggest understatement) for you that your sweetie is also experiencing health issues.

Big (and gentle) hugs to you...

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b Your attitude, your diamonds, and your Christmas cheer are an inspiration to us all. Please be safe this season. The flu shot is a good match this year to help reduce severity, but it isn’t Teflon and tamiflu is not super effective and has many side effects. I will be thinking of you.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b -- sending you and yours warmth and comfort and ease.

It is heartening to read of your holiday plans and see your beautiful holiday decorations

Though your spirit is strong, I trust you will allow your incoming friends & family the privilege to cherish and care for you.

{{hugs}}

1670279591096.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm very sorry to hear of what you and your husband are going through. You are a strong lady, and I know you and your husband have so much love between you. I am sending you both healing thoughts and wishes.

Your Christmas decorations look so cheery, I hope you can find some joy in the season despite all that is going on. And what Kenny said -- I bet your bling looks spectacular in those holiday lights!

Sending love and healing light.

RWS aka Victoria

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your health issues. Your attitude is wonderful, and I love your Xmas decorations. Wishing you and yours peace and joy this holiday season.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear MrsB, I am so glad I saw this, and I am so very sorry you and your DH have not been well. I will be praying for both of you and hope you can enjoy the time with your dear guests during the holidays. I always love seeing your lovely Christmas decorations! Take care!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry you’re dealing with so many health issues. I love your decor and am sending healing vibes your way. <3

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear that you are both not feeling well. Hopefully by the time the guests arrive you will both be feeling much better. It is always a difficult time of year to be sick; Christmas comes roaring in no matter what!
Take care and rest up while you can and let us know how you are feeling!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your and your husband's illnesses. Sending you gentle hugs and healing vibes.

And, your decorations look beautiful-especially your daughter's room. I hope that you feel better soon so that you can fully enjoy your first Christmas as mother and daughter.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love you MrsB! Your decorations are so beautiful, I hope it brings you joy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awww Mrs-b I am so sad to hear your not doing super wonderful.
Your in our prayers.

Oh my goodness, @mrs-b! You have a lot on your plate right now. :| I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with these health issues. Sending positive energy, healing thoughts, and big hugs to you! P.S. Your house is positively gorgeous!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @FornasettiLover - and thank you for asking.

The truth is - no, I'm not. 3 years ago I got cancer and was ill for some time, but got better. Then in 2020 I got some weird autoimmune thing that caused problems with my heart and I was in hospital at the height of the pandemic at a time when even my husband couldn't visit me, despite having surgery on my heart. My attending cardiologist told me when I was discharged that he had thought I'd die in hospital - and I have to say, it sure felt like that at the time. That whole experience unnerved me, especially never finding out what caused it precisely or even what it was, and it's been quite destabilizing. Both my parents dropped dead unexpectedly in their 50's - just went out one day and never came back - my father, for instance, dropped dead on a squash court. So I feel as tho I go through life looking over my shoulder, health-wise.

Then last year, due to an old injury that was exacerbated by my Crohn's disease, which is apparently morphing into ankylosing spondylitis, my spine started giving me weirdo sciatic pain of the sudden, electric shock, utterly debilitating kind, and I lost my ability to exercise in any meaningful way. I've found this hugely lowering and very discouraging. To say nothing of utterly exhausting. I'm meant to be having.a spinal fusion plus an ocean of bone removal (the A/S has led to the growth of all sorts of bone spurs and stenosis - to the extent that I now have an almost fully enclosed cage of bone around both my lumbar spine and my thoracic spine) - but all the surgeons I've seen have told me they're uncertain whether this will actually help me and that, while I still have any degree of reasonable mobility, I should put it off as long as I can. Despite the pain, my PCP has flatly told me she wouldn't have it were she me. Alternative suggestions tho? Zero. Pain? Ten outta 10.

Then this year, my husband, who was always the healthiest person I'd ever met but who has had inflammation problems with his eyes over the last few years, was finally diagnosed with stage 3+ sarcoidosis. It's not responding to treatment and has spread systems-wide and is affecting his lungs and eyesight in a very worrying manner. He's now on a biologic (same one as me, in fact), which has suppressed his immune system, and consequently, since starting it 8 weeks ago, has had covid, 3 colds, and a lung infection - the latest cold / tonsillitis raising its ugly head this morning - about 2 days after getting over the one before. Each of these colds/covid/chest infections he's passed onto me, so we've both been sick and, as of this afternoon, I've realized I have a cough, sneezes, a sore throat, and a low grade fever.

Having the most wonderful friends in the world as I do, they're coming to me this Christmas. But that also means I'm hosting 7 people over a 4 week time frame. I'm not so ill that I can't get about and do things, nor so immobile that I can't be a hostess. But I'm burnt out over the exhaustion of years, and realizing we're going to get sick *again* makes me want to put my head in my hands and cry.

So - I'm in pain, I'm sick, I'm beyond tired, and I am utterly, utterly burnt out.

On the other hand, I adore Christmas and this time of year, so here are some photos of my decorations that I took not more than 5 minutes ago. :))

My living/dining rooms:

IMG_2294.jpg

My family room tree:

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

This is the tree in my office. It's decorated with hand-painted glass balls of Australian flora. It's my favorite tree because it reminds me of home.

IMG_2298.jpg

And lastly, my daughter's bedroom. She's currently at UC Berkeley, but arrives in 11 days. I gave her her own tree and a bunch of fairy lights as a small surprise. :))

IMG_2299.jpg

As for the outside of the house, we are positively aglow with fairy lights and I find it very beautiful. So despite the emotional drab, I have a great deal of physical beauty and joy in my own home, and am very grateful for all that I have.

I just wanted to send you some love and positive energy. I am sorry for all you are dealing with ❤️.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap, mrs-b, just crappity crap. So undeserved. Prayers that this leaves you both in the same stealthy way it came.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Very sorry to hear about your health troubles - that really sounds debilitating and exhausting. I do hope you both find some improvement in the new year.

On another note, I am thrilled to see we have the same living room rug - what good taste! if I only I also had the same calibre of jewellery collection!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were among those visiting you, I would HAPPILY stay in a hotel and visit as you feel able or anything else you'd need to feel rested and not add to your discomfort. I am quite sure everyone visiting would feel the same so please please reach out to them if it would help you be healthy or comfortable. Also... Potluck! Let others share in the work and the joy. Again, I would be happy to observe any dietary needs you have (and I know with Crohn's it can be a lot!). Don't worry about adding work to others! Speaking for myself, I would be horrified if a loved one were going through what you are and didn't allow me to help lighten the load!

Take care of yourself

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b, that is a lot to handle, especially with it all happening in such a short period of time. I hope that whenever you look at your beautiful Christmas trees, you can imagine that the bright lights represent your many Pricescope friends, who are reaching out from the heart to say hello and to send you hope, help, strength, and love from our various stations around the globe. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @FornasettiLover - and thank you for asking. <3

My living/dining rooms:

IMG_2294.jpg

My family room tree:

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

oh Mrs-B:(2
you go through the ringer dont you:(2
im very unhappy to hear Mr B has sarcodosis:(2
Gary has this and it also effected his eyes all though thankfully his lungs seem ok at the moment
your hubby is the only other person i have heard of that has it
if he is on steriod eye drops just be wearing of cataracts forming

some good new
your tree that was split by lightening is still growing - both parts:appl:

:appl::appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeezy hugs & lots of love to you, my beautiful friend x

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh you're dealing with a lot. I hope you and your lovely hubby will both be alright. I hope alI your visitors will bring support not more work (if they are people you like, I'm sure they will).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b my pulmonologist gave me the best idea to allow one to socialize as safely as possible. Have your guests test the day of coming to visit. She advised to test them in front of you to make sure everyone is negative. While this won't catch the flu or RSV or other viral illnesses it is a pretty accurate test for Covid and truly the best anyone can do under the circumstances. Besides not socializing. This is my recommendation. Get extra rapid tests and test everyone. Wishing you and Tim all the best and may this holiday season be one of good cheer and good health and lots and lots of love. ((((Hugs))))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sad to hear you’ve been struggling lately @mrs-b. You’ve been through so much health wise these last few years. It’s enough to make anyone lose it. Still, despite all of it, you still shine through with grace and resilience. Sending you lots of healing vibes.

I adore your Christmas decorations. I love how you put Christmas trees in multiple rooms and the whole thing is cheerful yet classic. I especially love that little bushel of greenery in the white vase. I might try to replicate that one. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results