clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:43:32 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/9/2009 9:55:40 AM
Author: arjunajane

Do you think I have enough to keep me occupied until JM is finished...?
20.gif

Yah!
31.gif
Ha ha, you''d wanna think so right!
19.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:08:19 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
AJ...

My birthday is about 5 weeks away. I am remembering that jewelry box you got from DuncansWoods. Do you like it? Is there anything you would change about it?
Hi ltl, I *Love* it! It has pride of place on my dresser, and it really is lovely in person. The wax/finish on the wood smells great (I know, kinda weird
3.gif
)..
The only thing I would suggest is if you have a reasonable size collection, get at least one more draw added (I think I posted pics in the other thread).
For me, this smaller size is fine - but I don''t own much worthy of keeping in there
5.gif

I hope you get one!
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, if I get one, I will put pics up for sure :).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Love this new setting from Sally at H.O.W !
Pillbox ring

pillbox ring.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoooooly Moly AJ-I was just there the other day to scope out if she was using rose gold or not..that ring wasn''t there at that time..my heavens that is gorgeous..now I have to go look again! Seriously..my husband is going to kill me if I tell him I found another ring he *has* to buy me!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sally wrote to me and said that she's using rose gold now that she's had some requests for it. She also sent me a sneak peek pic of the pillbox ring. I'm hoping to get a ring made by her soon.

I do have some goodies in the mail though...tee hee hee...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I join the Etsy crowd? I''ve just made my first purchase!!!

I bought a set of stacking rings from a really lovely seller PSodhi. Priyanka is lovely and was only too pleased to answer my questions. The result is I''ve bought a set of 14k yellow gold stacking rings with a black rose cut diamond, a grey rose cut diamond and a white milky rough diamond! The white diamond doesn''t quite "sit" right with the set but I''m hoping with a bit of playing around it''ll look ok. Here are Priyanka''s photos and even though I only bought today, they''re already in the post! Woohoo!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A profile shot

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Instead of working on my thesis this afternoon, I was shopping etsy.com after browsing this thread.
28.gif
Can I send you guys the bill? LOL

I got one of these for my mother for Mother''s Day: Winged Penthouse from jacksoncreede

Then for me, I got a pair of Twig earrings from esdesigns, an Imperfect Pearl necklace from gomeagan, and this Purity necklace from seller freetobe. I''ll post some pictures when everything arrives.
1.gif

purityfromfreetobe.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 7:07:22 AM
Pillbox ring
Oh thank you AJ I just got a lovely message from sally and I think I am going to use this setting for my new project which is something pink and purty!
She was so helpful and might i say reasonable but I know you had concerns about sending your stone to her because of security. Why was this AJ?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:27:23 PM
Author: katebar

Date: 3/21/2009 7:07:22 AM
Pillbox ring
Oh thank you AJ I just got a lovely message from sally and I think I am going to use this setting for my new project which is something pink and purty!
She was so helpful and might i say reasonable but I know you had concerns about sending your stone to her because of security. Why was this AJ?
Hi Kate, sounds exciting!
There you go with that photographic memory again, lol!
Basically, she has her business in Thailand. And THI is notorious for mail theft.
I don''t want to discourage anyone, I just decided I didn''t have the kahunas for it...however, I Really want this pillbox ring,
so maybe I need to just get over it, lol!

Fwiw, Sally said she has never had a package go astray.
She will discuss the safest method for postage if you ask.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 2:34:06 PM
Author: packrat
Hoooooly Moly AJ-I was just there the other day to scope out if she was using rose gold or not..that ring wasn''t there at that time..my heavens that is gorgeous..now I have to go look again! Seriously..my husband is going to kill me if I tell him I found another ring he *has* to buy me!!
Hi Packrat,
yes Sally will now do RG if you ask - last time I spoke to her she was looking into how much to buy.
She said its 100% because of demand from PS, lol!
Isn''t it stunning? I really need to just suck it up and send her my loose gems for setting
1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ suck it up suck it up
9.gif
Sally is very reasonable IMO and i think the open basket or whatever it calls is what I am looking for rather than the total enclosed bezel that Madelyn whose work i adore is doing.
My stone which I haven''t yet got is a 2.48 Garnet in a portuguese cut.
I think i will set it across the finger in silver. What do you all think?

katebgp3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:19 AM
AJ suck it up suck it up
9.gif
Sally is very reasonable IMO and i think the open basket or whatever it calls is what I am looking for rather than the total enclosed bezel that Madelyn whose work i adore is doing.
I love it! That''s going to be a killer combo!
I also really like the carved parts of the bezel - especially with these C.S, I think its a genius idea of
letting all the more light in. I can''t believe how elegant it is for the price, like you mentioned.
36.gif

So does that mean you are sending her your gem to THI..?
May I ask a favour that if you do, you can report here (or elsewhere), on what ship method you choose etc?

I''m gonna say it, if you go first as the guinea pig, I''ll gladly jump after you, lol!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if this helps but I''ve sent a number of gemstones to Thailand (I have a friend who''s a gemstone dealer over there and he very often sends me stuff on approval). I know I''m in the UK and therefore it may be very different from the US but I send all the packages as "international signed for" normal mail. On the package I write "synthetic sample" - which is what I was asked to do to avoid theft. Every package has reached there without incident and takes about 4-5 working days. I never use a courier company because although it is quicker the person receiving the package has to pay lots of import duties even though this may be their stone in the first place or my stone to be mounted.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 7:33:21 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I don't know if this helps but I've sent a number of gemstones to Thailand (I have a friend who's a gemstone dealer over there and he very often sends me stuff on approval). I know I'm in the UK and therefore it may be very different from the US but I send all the packages as 'international signed for' normal mail. On the package I write 'synthetic sample' - which is what I was asked to do to avoid theft. Every package has reached there without incident and takes about 4-5 working days. I never use a courier company because although it is quicker the person receiving the package has to pay lots of import duties even though this may be their stone in the first place or my stone to be mounted.
LD, that is great advice, thankyou!!
I'm in Australia, so I imagine we are looking at quite a similiar situation.
One qustion, do you send it registered? Is that what you mean by "signed for"..
Writing synthetic is a great idea - that was my problem, I just couldn't work out what to put on there,
without being too deceptive, kwim?

Thanks heaps for posting! I think I will send her my gems later this week
36.gif

ETA: oh, one more Q - what do you think about putting a nbr of different gems in the same parcel? Do you think the "sample" thing
will still fly then..?
And you don't insure yours, is that correct?..
thanks LD!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:26:34 AM

Date: 3/22/2009 7:33:21 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I don''t know if this helps but I''ve sent a number of gemstones to Thailand (I have a friend who''s a gemstone dealer over there and he very often sends me stuff on approval). I know I''m in the UK and therefore it may be very different from the US but I send all the packages as ''international signed for'' normal mail. On the package I write ''synthetic sample'' - which is what I was asked to do to avoid theft. Every package has reached there without incident and takes about 4-5 working days. I never use a courier company because although it is quicker the person receiving the package has to pay lots of import duties even though this may be their stone in the first place or my stone to be mounted.
LD, that is great advice, thankyou!!
I''m in Australia, so I imagine we are looking at quite a similiar situation.
One qustion, do you send it registered? Is that what you mean by ''signed for''..
Writing synthetic is a great idea - that was my problem, I just couldn''t work out what to put on there,
without being too deceptive, kwim?

Thanks heaps for posting! I think I will send her my gems later this week
36.gif

ETA: oh, one more Q - what do you think about putting a nbr of different gems in the same parcel? Do you think the ''sample'' thing
will still fly then..?
And you don''t insure yours, is that correct?..
thanks LD!
Not sure whether the Aus postal service is the same as the UK but if you send something as international signed for (registered is along the same lines) then you automatically get $X of insurance included. However, I usually opt to insure for what the gemstone is actually worth IF the insurance value isn''t stated on the parcel. In the UK the insurance doesn''t show on the parcel.

I don''t think putting more than one gem in the parcel would be a problem - you could have been sent a range of synthetic samples to look at. Perfectly possible. However, I''d be tempted to separate them and take the hit on the postage just in case one gets lost. I''ve never lost one yet but .............. oh, and to reassure you, I''ve sent coloured diamonds in this way and have always held my breath until they arrive!!!

The only drawback with the UK system is that you can''t track the package until the person has actually received it and then you get a "signed for" confirmation.

It might be worth giving your postal service a call to see what options are available and whether it comes with insurance or not.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LD, this is great info!
yeah, thats where I came unstuck always, as the insured value is always stated on the outside, and that would of course "give the game away", kwim?
I don''t think we have any built in ins. with registered - but I will def. ask.
I think our equivalent of what you''re describing is called Confirmation of Delivery.

I agree that separate packages are the way to go.
I think I''m looking at doing registered air mail, with C.O.D, and holding my breath, like you say, lol!

It''s difficult to get good advice when I''ve gone to the post office with my debacle in the past - because as soon as you say THI,
they insist on full courier service with insurance etc etc, which basically is the opposite of what Sally told me to do !

Ah well, I am very glad you bought this up - looks like I will be sending my new beryl to go in the pillbox ring, then depending on how that goes I will likely send the others to be made into plain bezels.

Wish me luck!!!
5.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see all of these new pretties, AJ, and I''m anxious to hear how the shipping method works.

Sally told me how to ship my stones to her and I chickened out. I love the new pillbox settings and will have her make some for me, but may have the settings sent to me and have my jeweler set the stones here.....I don''t know yet. I''m such a weinie!
32.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 2:45:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sally wrote to me and said that she''s using rose gold now that she''s had some requests for it. She also sent me a sneak peek pic of the pillbox ring. I''m hoping to get a ring made by her soon.

YAY...I''m SO glad...I''ve been bugging Sally, too!
9.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:04:32 PM
Author: loriken214
I can''t wait to see all of these new pretties, AJ, and I''m anxious to hear how the shipping method works.

Sally told me how to ship my stones to her and I chickened out. I love the new pillbox settings and will have her make some for me, but may have the settings sent to me and have my jeweler set the stones here.....I don''t know yet. I''m such a weinie!
32.gif

Lori
Hi Lori,
I wish I could go that route, than everything would be cool!
But all the settings I want are bezels, and she said she''s not really fond of making a bezel for a gem
in-absentia, lol..
7.gif

Don''t worry, I''m a weenie too! But I think I''m gonna get over it and go for it..hopefully
40.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:46:34 PM

32.gif

Lori
Hi Lori,
But all the settings I want are bezels, and she said she''s not really fond of making a bezel for a gem
in-absentia, lol..
7.gif

Don''t worry, I''m a weenie too! But I think I''m gonna get over it and go for it..hopefully
40.gif
Hi AJ!

I just bought the Pillbox ring and earrings, as is, since I''m impatient and want to see the settings NOW!
9.gif
I know I''ll wear them frequently and the white topaz stones look really pretty.

The Lotus settings are easily made without the stones being set, but I can see Sally''s point about the bezels. That presents a new challenge as I''d love to have several of my round stones possibly set in this new mounting. Maybe even some asscher stones.... I just don''t want to part with them, even for a slim chance of them getting lost or stolen in the mail.
38.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:05:42 PM
Date: 3/21/2009 2:45:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sally wrote to me and said that she''s using rose gold now that she''s had some requests for it. She also sent me a sneak peek pic of the pillbox ring. I''m hoping to get a ring made by her soon.

YAY...I''m SO glad...I''ve been bugging Sally, too!
9.gif

Lori
Lol! I think all of us have been. I know Brown.Eyed.Girl has been emailing with her and other Etsy vendors a lot.

I''m really excited to receive my package in the mail. This is all your fault Lori!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a cabochon stone that is a mint green color? I want to do a rose gold lotus ring!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:38:49 AM

Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:19 AM
AJ suck it up suck it up
9.gif
I love it! That''s going to be a killer combo!
I also really like the carved parts of the bezel - especially with these C.S, I think its a genius idea of
letting all the more light in. I can''t believe how elegant it is for the price, like you mentioned.
36.gif

So does that mean you are sending her your gem to THI..?
May I ask a favour that if you do, you can report here (or elsewhere), on what ship method you choose etc?

I''m gonna say it, if you go first as the guinea pig, I''ll gladly jump after you, lol!
AJ Sally sent me a detailed conversation on how to send the stone. Its to go registered with no insurance and i guess that''s the *gulp* issue.
But I have faith in her and I will proceed WHEN I get the stone.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
can someone pls tell me sally''s store name on etsy? i had it once before, but have lost it.

thanks ladies!

:)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 2:15:37 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 1:46:34 PM

32.gif

Lori
Hi Lori,
in-absentia, lol..
7.gif

40.gif
Hi AJ!

I just bought the Pillbox ring and earrings, as is, since I''m impatient and want to see the settings NOW!
9.gif
I know I''ll wear them frequently and the white topaz stones look really pretty.

The Lotus settings are easily made without the stones being set, but I can see Sally''s point about the bezels. That presents a new challenge as I''d love to have several of my round stones possibly set in this new mounting. Maybe even some asscher stones.... I just don''t want to part with them, even for a slim chance of them getting lost or stolen in the mail.
38.gif

Lori
Ha ha, you''re too funny - you buy everything! You must send it all to my home, so I can photograph it for you and share with your fellow PS''ers!
9.gif
11.gif

Yes, I totally agree Lori about the mail - the idea is scary!
14.gif

But like I said when I bought this up, I don''t want to turn anyone off doing just that, plus it seems this topic being raised here
has actually instilled confidence in some to go ahead.
5.gif

Kate - yes, thats'' what she told me too - so the no ins. was the thing I was having trouble getting around. If I were you, I''d follow LD''s advice and write simulant on it - I think thats a great idea! Look like we''ll be jumping at the same time anyways - I''ve decided to forge ahead and get the pillbox ring for my yellow beryl
36.gif
Can''t wait to see your rosy pink goodness!

Whitby, it''s Heart Of Water Jewels - she also has a website called Nam Chai jewels.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much, arjunajane - appreciate that.

:)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, what color metal did you decide to go with for the pillbox?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results