carat
color
clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:53:34 AM
Author: FrekeChild
AJ, what color metal did you decide to go with for the pillbox?
Hiya Freke,
I haven't actually decided as yet - I'm just waiting for Sally to get back to me for YG
pricing.
Although, and I know this sounds odd - but I think I may actually prefer sterling for this ring !
Simply because I will soon have another ring in YG, I guess I'm feeling some need of variety..
Perhaps I should think about WG instead..?

what do you think F..?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to chime in that Sally is really sweet to work with :)
I ordered a lotus ring setting from her in white gold for my pad sapphire, and I'm also ordering one of those adorable little frog pendants in silver with a moonstone, I think my mother in law will LOVE it. I think it's adorable, it's like a fat little froggie hoarding a big drop of water :)

I might send my stone to her to be set, just because I know she'd do a good job of it, and she might like seeing the end result :)

froggiesbySally.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:19 AM
Author: katebar
AJ suck it up suck it up
9.gif
Sally is very reasonable IMO and i think the open basket or whatever it calls is what I am looking for rather than the total enclosed bezel that Madelyn whose work i adore is doing.
My stone which I haven''t yet got is a 2.48 Garnet in a portuguese cut.
I think i will set it across the finger in silver. What do you all think?
WOW....your ring will be AWESOME Kate!!!!
30.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 8:05:49 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Just wanted to chime in that Sally is really sweet to work with :)
I ordered a lotus ring setting from her in white gold for my pad sapphire, and I''m also ordering one of those adorable little frog pendants in silver with a moonstone, I think my mother in law will LOVE it. I think it''s adorable, it''s like a fat little froggie hoarding a big drop of water :)

I might send my stone to her to be set, just because I know she''d do a good job of it, and she might like seeing the end result :)
Oh how precious.....love this froggie!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 6:38:39 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 3/23/2009 2:53:34 AM
Author: FrekeChild
AJ, what color metal did you decide to go with for the pillbox?
Hiya Freke,
I haven''t actually decided as yet - I''m just waiting for Sally to get back to me for YG
pricing.
Although, and I know this sounds odd - but I think I may actually prefer sterling for this ring !
Simply because I will soon have another ring in YG, I guess I''m feeling some need of variety..
Perhaps I should think about WG instead..?

what do you think F..?
I''m curious, too, cause I''d love to have some of my stones set and I don''t know if I should invest the $ in wg or ss.

Lori

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:30:35 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/22/2009 4:21:19 AM
AJ suck it up suck it up
9.gif
Sally is very reasonable IMO and i think the open basket or whatever it calls is what I am looking for rather than the total enclosed bezel that Madelyn whose work i adore is doing.
My stone which I haven''t yet got is a 2.48 Garnet in a portuguese cut.
I think i will set it across the finger in silver. What do you all think?
WOW....your ring will be AWESOME Kate!!!!
30.gif

Lori
Yes I hope so. I just spoke to Rick and he well be sending if off on the weekend. I thinking of having it set east west. I think I will stick with silver too but then again WG........ oh goodness I am hooked!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:12:04 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 2:15:37 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 1:46:34 PM

Date: 3/22/2009 1:04:32 PM
I can''t wait to see all of these new pretties, AJ, and I''m anxious to hear how the shipping method works.

Sally told me how to ship my stones to her and I chickened out. I love the new pillbox settings and will have her make some for me, but may have the settings sent to me and have my jeweler set the stones here.....I don''t know yet. I''m such a weinie!
32.gif

Lori
Hi Lori,
I wish I could go that route, than everything would be cool!
But all the settings I want are bezels, and she said she''s not really fond of making a bezel for a gem
in-absentia, lol..
7.gif

Don''t worry, I''m a weenie too! But I think I''m gonna get over it and go for it..hopefully
40.gif
Hi AJ!

I just bought the Pillbox ring and earrings, as is, since I''m impatient and want to see the settings NOW!
9.gif
I know I''ll wear them frequently and the white topaz stones look really pretty.

The Lotus settings are easily made without the stones being set, but I can see Sally''s point about the bezels. That presents a new challenge as I''d love to have several of my round stones possibly set in this new mounting. Maybe even some asscher stones.... I just don''t want to part with them, even for a slim chance of them getting lost or stolen in the mail.
38.gif

Lori
Ha ha, you''re too funny - you buy everything! You must send it all to my home, so I can photograph it for you and share with your fellow PS''ers!
9.gif
11.gif

Yes, I totally agree Lori about the mail - the idea is scary!
14.gif

But like I said when I bought this up, I don''t want to turn anyone off doing just that, plus it seems this topic being raised here
has actually instilled confidence in some to go ahead.
5.gif

Kate - yes, thats'' what she told me too - so the no ins. was the thing I was having trouble getting around. If I were you, I''d follow LD''s advice and write simulant on it - I think thats a great idea! Look like we''ll be jumping at the same time anyways - I''ve decided to forge ahead and get the pillbox ring for my yellow beryl
36.gif
Can''t wait to see your rosy pink goodness!

Whitby, it''s Heart Of Water Jewels - she also has a website called Nam Chai jewels.

Yep, AJ, I should ship my whole collection to you for photos...you take amazing photos!

Here is the latest from Sally:

"You are the first to know ... we spoke today (Pomme and I) about whether or not we can skillfully craft open bezel settings for stones in abstentia (due to so much interest in the pillbox, and the difficulty for customers to send their stones around the globe), and we think if we''re given exact width and depth measurements it will work. The depth measurement becomes important, and a photo will be even better. So you don''t have to part with your treasures! Feel free to ask for a bezel setting for one of your stones; this Pillbox is adorable stacked with other round gems of different sizes ... if the gem doesn''t fit, we will refund the returned setting. The main thing is that you have a skillful jeweler who knows how to close a bezel setting on that end. We''re eager to try. Once we''ve done a couple of settings this way it will be clear how it''s working.
I''m not on Pricescope, so feel free to put the word out next time you''re there, and thank you. Also, I didn''t buy the rose gold alloy yet, but I will if I get two orders for rose gold pieces. :) I know now where to get it, found a supplier while at the Gem Show last month in Bangkok."

I''m already thinking up my first RG project for Sally......
9.gif

Lori

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that Loriken the only problem for me is the "Skilled" jeweller. Honestly I can''t find one or one that WILL do this for me.
So frustrating but I will send my stone direct to Sally with fingers and toes crossed

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic news Lori, thankyou for posting!!
Wow, this post must''ve generated heaps of interest for the pillbox setting - I''m happy for Sally..I just hope she keeps
her prices so good
5.gif

Now, I just need to know how to measure my gems, lol..

I just sent off my yellow beryl yesterday, so lets have some travel dust for my lil gem on its way through scary THI, lol!
9.gif

I am going to go ask my jeweller today if she thinks she will be able to close some bezels for me
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I received my lil bangles from Michelle Chang today, very sweet and pretty!

I also received the bracelet from Susan Sheehan (pandora style) the other week, and am very happy with the quality.
However unfortunately I chose the wrong size bracelet, so have sent it back for an exchange
7.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:33:22 PM
I love Etsy. I just bought 2 of these necklaces and they have a real vintage feel. Look great with a plan tshirt or shirt.
seller is anorginal jewellery
Just got the second of these and the seller from Etsy was amazing. The parcel went astray and she made another one for me and sent me 2 pairs of lovely earrings for the trouble.Now thats service!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:39:31 PM
That''s fantastic news Lori, thankyou for posting!!
Wow, this post must''ve generated heaps of interest for the pillbox setting - I''m happy for Sally..I just hope she keeps
her prices so good
5.gif

Now, I just need to know how to measure my gems, lol..

I just sent off my yellow beryl yesterday, so lets have some travel dust for my lil gem on its way through scary THI, lol!
9.gif

I am going to go ask my jeweller today if she thinks she will be able to close some bezels for me
9.gif
Gosh aj i can''t believe you bit the bullet so quickly.
Look forward to seeing your pretty in the pillbox

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

He he I know right Kate?! I'm just crossing my fingers and toes that I don't come to regret the decision, lol..

So, my new etsy project - my mum's 50th b'day tomorrow, Clearly I am too late to have a gift on time,
as I've been searching around for the suitable gem. And Dan came through in spades! Thanks dan
36.gif

6.3mm blue green tourmaline, namibian.
This will go in the sterling lotus setting, I can't wait to see it finished and give it to her!
5.gif

ETA: sorry guys, dunno why but having trouble posting pics. Will have to try again later. If you want you can click on
the link and still see it
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And, to satiate my own needs so I don''t steal mum''s ring, lol..
11.gif
1.gif

I am going to have macfarland designs make me some cabochon rings, with thicker shanks.
I don''t really have anything like this, so I''m excited to see how they turn out.
Plus both gem and setting will come in under $100ea, so stoked with the prices !
36.gif

First, a juicy rubellite tourm cab in this setting:

tourm%20cab1%20aj.jpg

mc pink3 ring.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And one similiar to this with the pretty carved shank, with a spess garnet cab.
Shopping for cans was lots of fun, and I''m looking forward to admiring the cute inclusions
in them too!

mc%20pink%20t%20cab.jpg

spess%20cab%20aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And I'm going to try again for my mum's tourm..
yay, works! Isn't she purty?!
30.gif

97NamRnd-10.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh... AJ! That tourmaline is gorgeous. The color is TDF!! Your collection is gorgeous. I love the pictures you posted on your golden oval stone from Barry, especially the one with the fire bursting out from it!!

I ordered that pillbox ring from Sally the first day she posted it. She picked out a lolite for the setting. This will be my first purchase from Sally and as others have chimmed in, she is an absolute doll to work with.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:32:42 AM
And, to satiate my own needs so I don''t steal mum''s ring, lol..
11.gif
1.gif

I am going to have macfarland designs make me some cabochon rings, with thicker shanks.
I don''t really have anything like this, so I''m excited to see how they turn out.
Plus both gem and setting will come in under $100ea, so stoked with the prices !
36.gif

First, a juicy rubellite tourm cab in this setting:

tourm%20cab1%20aj.jpg
AJ this is awesome. Is the jeweller from etsy too? A search revealed nothing.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 9:58:56 AM
Author: mochi
Ohhh... AJ! That tourmaline is gorgeous. The color is TDF!! Your collection is gorgeous. I love the pictures you posted on your golden oval stone from Barry, especially the one with the fire bursting out from it!!

I ordered that pillbox ring from Sally the first day she posted it. She picked out a lolite for the setting. This will be my first purchase from Sally and as others have chimmed in, she is an absolute doll to work with.
Hiya Mochi!
Thanks for the compliments on my beryl, I can't wait to get it back !

Can't wait to see your pillbox, I think they are the new craze, lol..

hay Kate yes she is etsy, sorry I spelt it wrong its mcfarlanddesigns http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=72427
Her name is tamara and, like other etsy'ers, is very nice and helpful
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys,
just looking for your opinion on something..
since I discovered Sally''s shop I''ve been admiring these plain YG bands - they seem so elegant and simple.
I was thinking to get one to wear together with my sterling pillbox with golden beryl - so we''d have a mix
of yellow gold gem, sterling silver and yellow gold.

Does anyone know if YG is ok to wear next to SS?
I am hoping it will also work to wear with my James Meyer when it finally comes !
41.gif

The only thing is, between my pillbox, other etsy gem rings above, my JM and my mum''s gift,
I''m spending an awful lot on jewellery recently..
40.gif
I know its not expensive, but I''m wondering if this is kinda overboard?

anyone want to encourage me?
31.gif

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21124246

YG band sally.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pillbox ring question?

It''s gorgeous BUT I can''t see photo of the underside and I''m worried that it''ll be a dirt trap and difficult to clean. Has anybody asked that question?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 6:29:39 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Pillbox ring question?

It''s gorgeous BUT I can''t see photo of the underside and I''m worried that it''ll be a dirt trap and difficult to clean. Has anybody asked that question?
Hi LD - hrmm, no I haven''t even considered that, but I''m sure Sally will be happy to help if you ask..
imho, you have that "disk" of metal between the head and band, so it shouldn''t be collecting too much
dirt as its not very close to the finger..plus I guess you can always get through the cut outs to clean?

I''d be interested to hear if you do ask
5.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am such a rookie...I am still trying to figure out how to mark a favorite seller. I am in advance shopping mode for when my grandchild is born later in the year.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Look at all of these pretty projects......I can''t wait to see them IRL!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hey etsy lovers,

I just wanted to update you guys and anyone else who is interested about sending their gems to Sally in Thailand -
as some of you know, I was very hesitant. But I sent my beryl as per LD''s great advice, as plain registered airmail,
and it got there safely and very quickly.
36.gif

I sent it on 24/3, I think it left the country on 27/3, and it was delivered in THI yesterday, very impressed!
36.gif

So, my advice is:
send it as low profile as possible - plain registered airmail.
Don''t add insurance, and don''t use a courier.
Label it something like LD''s suggestion, which I thought was a very good idea (thanks LD!).
I did just that "synthetic simulant - sample", and put a small value on it (I put $20).
Don''t discuss what it is or where its going with your post office, or they may try to convince you to either not
send it at all or to use a courier, insurance, etc - this is what happened to me, and is part of the reason I got stressed about it.

This is just my experience with one package - if it is a very valuable gem you want to send, or you will be too worried,
then of course you may want to consider the option of having them make you the ring in absentia of the gem, as described by Lori above.

But mine went 100% smoothly, I would do it again, and I just wanted to let others
know who have been wanting to use Sally but this issue may have been stopping them.
5.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely etsy fans! I am pretty obsessed myself, too! I have bought a lot there-cards, watercolors, beaded jewelry, etc.

BUT I need someone to make an inexpensive silver setting for a cut-corner topaz I just bought. No bezels. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I love supporting people who make things by hand!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:32:23 AM
hey etsy lovers,

I just wanted to update you guys and anyone else who is interested about sending their gems to Sally in Thailand -
as some of you know, I was very hesitant. But I sent my beryl as per LD's great advice, as plain registered airmail,
36.gif

I sent it on 24/3, I think it left the country on 27/3, and it was delivered in THI yesterday, very impressed!
36.gif

So, my advice is:
Don't add insurance, and don't use a courier.
Label it something like LD's suggestion, which I thought was a very good idea (thanks LD!).
I did just that 'synthetic simulant - sample', and put a small value on it (I put $20).
Don't discuss what it is or where its going with your post office, or they may try to convince you to either not
send it at all or to use a courier, insurance, etc - this is what happened to me, and is part of the reason I got stressed about it.

This is just my experience with one package - if it is a very valuable gem you want to send, or you will be too worried,
then of course you may want to consider the option of having them make you the ring in absentia of the gem, as described by Lori above.

But mine went 100% smoothly, I would do it again, and I just wanted to let others
know who have been wanting to use Sally but this issue may have been stopping them.
5.gif
Wowser thanks AJ. My garnet came today from Rick at ACG and I am having a devil of a job capturing the colur he sent me but it still is purty.
I'll pop this off to Sally next week Yipee
36.gif

Mine is a 2.49 Morogoro pink garnet portuguese cut

kateebgp3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love that photo Kate!
Can''t wait to see what you have made with it.
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:06:37 PM
Author: Miscka
Hello lovely etsy fans! I am pretty obsessed myself, too! I have bought a lot there-cards, watercolors, beaded jewelry, etc.

BUT I need someone to make an inexpensive silver setting for a cut-corner topaz I just bought. No bezels. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I love supporting people who make things by hand!
Hey miscka,
I compiled a bit of a list which may be helpful for you in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-etsy-seller-to-make-a-setting.110557/

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 10:22:10 PM

Date: 3/31/2009 2:32:23 AM
hey etsy lovers,

as some of you know, I was very hesitant. But I sent my beryl as per LD''s great advice, as plain registered airmail,
36.gif

36.gif

So, my advice is:
Don''t add insurance, and don''t use a courier.
Label it something like LD''s suggestion, which I thought was a very good idea (thanks LD!).
I did just that ''synthetic simulant - sample'', and put a small value on it (I put $20).
Don''t discuss what it is or where its going with your post office, or they may try to convince you to either not

5.gif
Wowser thanks AJ. My garnet came today from Rick at ACG and I am having a devil of a job capturing the colur he sent me but it still is purty.
I''ll pop this off to Sally next week Yipee
36.gif

Mine is a 2.49 Morogoro pink garnet portuguese cut
WOW....WHAT A BEAUTY!!!
30.gif

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results