loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 7:19:25 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 4/9/2009 7:48:58 PM
Author: katebar

Date: 4/6/2009 6:01:01 PM
Author: loriken214
Oh, I''m getting a 5.5 pink tourmaline and a 5.5 PERIDOT in the Pillbox setting to go with my white topaz. I had mistakenly said I was getting a green tourmaline.

Lori
Loriken are you getting the stones from Sally too?
Yes Kate. Sally is sourcing the stones and setting them for me, too. I''ll have a set of pillbox stackers.

Lori
Here are my two Pillbox stackers....Sally just posted the photos....YAY!
30.gif

Lori

pillbox2.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here are the cleaning suggestions from Sally:

Pillbox rings with larger stones are fairly easy to clean through the spaces around and underneath the stone. With stone of 4 to 6 mm, these spaces are smaller, but they''re still there ... for all colored stones, I recommend the same cleaning method: warm water, a mild soap (if any), and a soft toothbrush. For pieces like the Pillbox, I recommend a soft toothbrush with extra long bristles, the kinds for reaching hard to reach places. :) This is actually a good idea for jewelry in general, to buy one of those tiny long bristled brushes and keep it near the sink for cleaning.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does moonstone come in mint green? I''m looking for a mint green cabochon-is there such a thing?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 9:30:21 PM
Author: packrat
Does moonstone come in mint green? I'm looking for a mint green cabochon-is there such a thing?

Actually, Sally offers the froggie (and other jewelry) in prehnite cabs which I hear are a nice green color :)
Prehnite cab

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 1:03:19 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 4/11/2009 9:30:21 PM
Author: packrat
Does moonstone come in mint green? I''m looking for a mint green cabochon-is there such a thing?

Actually, Sally offers the froggie (and other jewelry) in prehnite cabs which I hear are a nice green color :)
Prehnite cab
WOW....MTG, that cab is AWESOME.....lovely color!!!
30.gif

Lori

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that''s pretty! I''ve been wanting to do mint green and rose gold together, so was thinking of Sally''s lotus w/mint cab.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or, what about a rose cut mint garnet in the lotus? Yay? Nay?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet that''d be gorgeous, but I don''t know where you''d get a mint garnet rose cut? You could ask sally, she is a very resourceful one, so she might be able to help.

I''m sure she could swing peridot though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I don''t know where I''d get it either! I was sitting w/a notebook last night jotting down my ideas to help organize my thoughts and I''ve got like, 3 ideas for rose gold and a mint stone tumbling around in my head..it''s a wonder if I''ll ever see anything to fruition really! I need a thread called "Tell if these are good or bad ideas" haha

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Sally just got my garnet and has written me a very lengthy opinion on the stone. This woman is truly amazing and if she puts as much effort the workmanship of her jewellery as she does to her personal communication with the her customers then my rings are going to be amazing.
Bottom line is my garnet has way too much extinction and is only going to look good in some lights but I trust Sally to set it to make the best of it.
I am going to get Sally to make me the PP sugar stack rings (modified) and she will source the stones and I am so happy AJ found her
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent a malaya color change garnet to a seller on etsy to set in a sterling silver beaded ring, she snapped a quick picture for me before she polished the ring :) I''ll post some pics when I get it in person, but it looks adorable in the photo!

garnetbeadring.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katebar, what setting is the garnet going in? What are you putting in the sugar stack rings?

MTG-that ring is super cute!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I received my Etsy purchases over the last two weeks and had time to take a few pics for this thread.
5.gif

First up, my Twig earrings from esdesigns.

Etsy Jewelry 001.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
These are really delicate and lightweight.

Etsy Jewelry 002.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Mother''s Day gift for my mom - a Winged Penthouse necklace from jacksoncreede (NamasteJewelryDesign.com).

Etsy Jewelry 003.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
The little eggs in here are howlite.

Etsy Jewelry 004.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
The blue disk on the back protects your neck from scratches. Nice touch.

Etsy Jewelry 005.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those earrings are really pretty and unique-and that nest/eggs necklace is so cute! I think I''ll check the sellers out!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....look at all of the pretties on here!!!
36.gif

Lori

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love how this thread has grown! Cool pieces everyone!

MakingtheGrade--that is a lovely Malaya.

I''ve recently bought more gold pendants from esdesigns, and I wear them all together--LOVE her little discs.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:18:36 PM
Author: equestrienne
These are really delicate and lightweight.

Very cool!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here are my discs from esdesigns.

I had her make me a larger custom solid gold pool pendant, and then I bought a smaller pool pendant, and a tiny sanded disc. They look great together. I''ll post a neck shot in a bit, but here they are.

esdiscs.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Well, that last photo was ridiculously small.
37.gif

Here they are again.

I'm also waiting on a pair of 18k matte ball studs from crazydaisydesigns--aaaahhhh gold!

esdics11.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pool necklace! I think I''m going to ask esdesigns to bezel something for me one of these days because I really like the hammered silver band she does :) I''m thinking maybe a blue spinel :)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yayy!! I figured out I can do pics with my Mac and not have to resize!!

Anyway, I just received these stackers from Zahour on Etsy. The bottom one is sterling silver and the top is 10k rose gold. They are her 3mm version, she has all different sizes. I highly recommend her! They are beautiful and delicate IRL.

misckastackers.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:43:17 PM
Author: Miscka

Anyway, I just received these stackers from Zahour on Etsy. The bottom one is sterling silver and the top is 10k rose gold. They are her 3mm version, she has all different sizes. I highly recommend her! They are beautiful and delicate IRL.
Miscka, I finally got to see a picture of your loft LOL!!! It looks fab, love the very tall ceilings and exposed celing work.

The rings are cute too ;-)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 3:48:01 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Date: 4/16/2009 12:43:17 PM

Author: Miscka

Miscka, I finally got to see a picture of your loft LOL!!! It looks fab, love the very tall ceilings and exposed celing work.

The rings are cute too ;-)

LMAO! I thought about posting it in the loft thread too...but figured it was pretty unexciting. Haha, maybe I will take my laptop around and point it at things to take pics!

You can see the mess I was referring to! I am pretty hopeless on that front.
28.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results