shape
carat
color
clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thought I would update on my pandora-style bracelet from etsy vendor Susan Sheehan.
I''ve actually recently bought a second bracelet and set of beads from her, as I like it so much, plus she has sales all the time!

And (shhhh) personally I think her beads look a lil more elegant than the Pandora/Troll style ones (no offence intended to Pandora
lovers, just imho).

Here''s some pics - I also got the coloured glass beads from her, but have been wearing it just like this:

DSC03878rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
it looks really pretty with other bracelets I think
5.gif

Plus, I cannot believe the price difference. I''m aware it can cost a couple thousand $$ to complete a Pandora bracelet -
for my bracelet and a full set of beads, it was ~$150
6.gif

I know some details are different, but I''ve looked at the Pandora ones instore and can''t see 1 or 2k worth of difference
2.gif

DSC03879rs.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 12:00:36 AM
Author: arjunajane
5.gif

Plus, I cannot believe the price difference. I''m aware it can cost a couple thousand $$ to complete a Pandora bracelet -
6.gif

I know some details are different, but I''ve looked at the Pandora ones instore and can''t see 1 or 2k worth of difference
2.gif
Wheee....look at that BEAUTIFUL arm candy AJ!!!
36.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 1:21:56 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 4/26/2009 12:00:36 AM
5.gif

6.gif

2.gif
Wheee....look at that BEAUTIFUL arm candy AJ!!!
36.gif

Lori
Thanks Lori!
I have to say I''m really happy with the quality of both the bracelet and all the beads - infact the sterling bracelet is really pretty, sometimes
I wear it just on its own.

And Susan''s service has been awesome - the first bracelet she sent, I ordered too big, so returned and replaced quickly with no hass.
The replacement one is just a smidge smaller than I''d like (I know, I''m a dork, lol), but I decided to just keep it and buy a second one to wear -
susan was kind enough to give me that one for half price !
5.gif

If anyone would like to see her products, as well as etsy she has a store on a new site called Artfire linky
I can''t really say anything in detail as I think it''s against forum rules, but basically you can enquire about a generous discount if you buy through artfire
2.gif

btw Lori, what is that lovely in your av?!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I was looking for a wedding gift for my fiance and came across these
cufflinks

The vendor has tonnes of interesting stuff.
9.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miscka, the rose gold is nice! I didn''t expect it to look so rosy in 10K. Does it get stronger in colour as the gold content goes up?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any good seller suggestions for metal dangle earrings? I don''t want anything with gemstones or colour, but want something long and attention getting. Right now I''m wearing my Tiffany teardrops a lot, but they aren''t bold enough for me since I have long hair.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2009 11:57:26 PM
Thought I would update on my pandora-style bracelet from etsy vendor Susan Sheehan.
I''ve actually recently bought a second bracelet and set of beads from her, as I like it so much, plus she has sales all the time!

And (shhhh) personally I think her beads look a lil more elegant than the Pandora/Troll style ones (no offence intended to Pandora
lovers, just imho).

Here''s some pics - I also got the coloured glass beads from her, but have been wearing it just like this:
I just wanted to say how much I love the bracelet. It looks very classy! And yes, that is a great deal. A full Pandora or Troll bracelet can be quite pricey.
I don''t think I commented on your other thread, but I am loving, loving, loving your James Meyer piece. That style is one which I really adore and have been tossing around the idea of having my grandmother''s diamond put into it. It would be much smaller, of course. Your ring is just stunning.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 8:49:02 PM
Author: diamondsrock

lovers, just imho).

I just wanted to say how much I love the bracelet. It looks very classy! And yes, that is a great deal. A full Pandora or Troll bracelet can be quite pricey.
I don''t think I commented on your other thread, but I am loving, loving, loving your James Meyer piece. That style is one which I really adore and have been tossing around the idea of having my grandmother''s diamond put into it. It would be much smaller, of course. Your ring is just stunning.
Hey DR,
aww thanks Hon! I''m glad you like the bracelet, as I know you''re a fan of the style. I am awaiting a second one with a blue/green theme
to the beads
1.gif

Yep, I could not believe when I found out one day how much those bracelets cost! I complimented this woman, and we got to talking about the trend, and she ended up telling me how the bracelets she was wearing cost over 3k each!
6.gif
I was trying to be polite, but whilst thinking - wOw..
40.gif

ha ha,maybe I''m just a stooge lol..

Thankyou also for your comment on my JM - if you love it, you should go for it. It was very satisfying to go from ogling and obsessing
over Coati''s ring, through the journey to actually owning one!
5.gif

Is your g''ma''s diamond an OEC? I''m sure it would be fab.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 4:27:27 AM

Date: 4/27/2009 8:49:02 PM

lovers, just imho).

Hey DR,
aww thanks Hon! I''m glad you like the bracelet, as I know you''re a fan of the style. I am awaiting a second one with a blue/green theme
to the beads
1.gif

Yep, I could not believe when I found out one day how much those bracelets cost! I complimented this woman, and we got to talking about the trend, and she ended up telling me how the bracelets she was wearing cost over 3k each!
6.gif
I was trying to be polite, but whilst thinking - wOw..
40.gif

ha ha,maybe I''m just a stooge lol..

Thankyou also for your comment on my JM - if you love it, you should go for it. It was very satisfying to go from ogling and obsessing
over Coati''s ring, through the journey to actually owning one!
5.gif

Is your g''ma''s diamond an OEC? I''m sure it would be fab.
how funny. Blue and green are my favorite colors. You must post pics when you get it!!!
Yes, it''s an oec around .70 ct. Even though his prices are very reasonable for the quallity of work, I''m having a hard time plopping down that much right now. Sigh. I do love his work so much, but I just can''t justify it. Oh well.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if anybody here knew of a US-located etsy vendor who might be able to make me a silver semi bezel solitaire ring? Thanks
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 1:45:58 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I was wondering if anybody here knew of a US-located etsy vendor who might be able to make me a silver semi bezel solitaire ring? Thanks
5.gif
Hey MTG,
if you take a browse through this thread, pretty much any of the vendors that have been posted about could
help you - TreAnelli, Maddy, Kate Szabone, ESdesigns , all of them are very capable of doing that. Just send ''em a pic of exactly what you''d like.
When you go to their store, it tells you on the right side where they''re located.
My fave atm is Tamara from Macfarland designs - I think I posted about her earlier too in here.
Just let me know if you need links or anything.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AJ, I actually wrote ESdesigns, but haven''t heard back. I didn''t see any semi-bezel rings on any of the vendor sites, and wasn''t sure if it''s much more complicated to do than a full bezel.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2009 9:01:09 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Thanks AJ, I actually wrote ESdesigns, but haven''t heard back. I didn''t see any semi-bezel rings on any of the vendor sites, and wasn''t sure if it''s much more complicated to do than a full bezel.
No worries - I would try Tamara, she seems really skilled too.
I don''t think a half bezel could be that much harder.
1.gif

Here''s something new of hers that I love and hopefully will have one made sometime
soon
5.gif

tbezel.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I love this thread! Tamara from McFarland Designs on Etsy is making me a stacking set of these stones, a chrysophrase, a rubellite (not this one, I wanted one a bit lighter and clearer) and some kind of opal. I love love love this combo. I wanted something funky and colorful for the summer.

Tamara has been wonderful to work with, so I can really recommend her also
1.gif

tamara.jpeg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:43:17 PM
Author: Miscka
Yayy!! I figured out I can do pics with my Mac and not have to resize!!

Anyway, I just received these stackers from Zahour on Etsy. The bottom one is sterling silver and the top is 10k rose gold. They are her 3mm version, she has all different sizes. I highly recommend her! They are beautiful and delicate IRL.
Okay, I LOVE these!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just discovered the steampunk movement... and I need a reality check.

What do you ladies think of this? It''s by birdzNbeez. I have this habit of immersing myself in one style (browsing), and totally falling in love with pieces that I wouldn''t normally
3.gif
(I''m doing this with tungsten and ceramic rings right now, too).

il_430xN.68499850.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 5:26:52 AM
Author: Addy
Miscka, the rose gold is nice! I didn''t expect it to look so rosy in 10K. Does it get stronger in colour as the gold content goes up?

Hi Addy! Yep, the color is stronger in 10k than it would be in 14k...more of the copper alloy! I want to see some 18k in person, according to some people it''s super subtle and glowy.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 3:50:49 PM
Author: musey
Date: 4/16/2009 12:43:17 PM

Author: Miscka

Yayy!! I figured out I can do pics with my Mac and not have to resize!!

Anyway, I just received these stackers from Zahour on Etsy. The bottom one is sterling silver and the top is 10k rose gold. They are her 3mm version, she has all different sizes. I highly recommend her! They are beautiful and delicate IRL.

Okay, I LOVE these!
Thanks! I am pretty in love too. They are actually my wbands. The darkness in the heart is wearing out, and I actually like them better now.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 10:34:52 AM

how funny. Blue and green are my favorite colors. You must post pics when you get it!!!
Yes, it''s an oec around .70 ct. Even though his prices are very reasonable for the quallity of work, I''m having a hard time plopping down that much right now. Sigh. I do love his work so much, but I just can''t justify it. Oh well.
Hey DR,
my new bracelet and beads are here from Susan, I have been having lots of fun with new combos - I will try and get some photos
of my fave look with for you on the w''end..

If you don''t have the $ for JM, why don''t you send your oec to Sally? Have you seen the incredible ring she just created for LD? ! go have a look in SMTR,
its gorgeous! And her prices are so very reasonable..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 2:02:35 PM
Author: mariedtiger
Hi Everyone,

I love this thread! Tamara from McFarland Designs on Etsy is making me a stacking set of these stones, a chrysophrase, a rubellite (not this one, I wanted one a bit lighter and clearer) and some kind of opal. I love love love this combo. I wanted something funky and colorful for the summer.

Tamara has been wonderful to work with, so I can really recommend her also
1.gif

I love these colours M.T - you and I seem to have very similiar tastes
1.gif

Do you have a pic of what the settings will look like at all? These will be so fun !

I'm sad, as I had some cabs with Tamara to be set, but had to pull out last minute due to my job situation - I think she thinks I'm kinda a time-waster
7.gif

What do you think of the ring of hers I posted above? So pretty right? She seems very skilled.
1.gif

Date: 4/30/2009 8:32:39 PM
Author: musey
I just discovered the steampunk movement... and I need a reality check.

What do you ladies think of this? It's by birdzNbeez. I have this habit of immersing myself in one style (browsing), and totally falling in love with pieces that I wouldn't normally (I'm doing this with tungsten and ceramic rings right now, too).

musey, honestly I think this stuff is totally cool ! If you have the style to pull it off, I say go for it...but it's def. a style all of itself!
Those designs were one of the first things I saw when I first went to etsy, and I thought they were really creative and funky
5.gif

36.gif
*** exciting news, my mum's lotus setting arrived from Sally today - wow, talk about quality. Her stuff is even prettier in person than I had anticipated.
And the packaging! Seriously, the prettiest packaging I have ever seen - LM could learn a thing or two from Heart of Water
2.gif

Hopefully I will have time to get the blue green tourmaline set into it this weekend, and of course I promise loads of pics before I give it to mum ...

....ummm...that's if I can hand it over lol !
40.gif
11.gif
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ,

I''m SO sorry you had to pull that project. I was really excited about seeing them set, I''ve followed your thread, but I think I''ve forgotten to comment. I''m sending you a lot of energy into your job situation. I hope something fabulous is waiting around the corner for you, jobwise. In fact, as sweet as you are, I am so sure it does. (And don''t worry about Tamara thinking you''re a time waster, I''ve found her style to be pretty short and wry, but I''m sure she doesn''t mean anything by it. I was bugging her so much before we found the right gems for the stacking set and she was cool and professional about it. She''ll be really happy to set your stones when you have a better situation.)

I''ve noticed we have similar tastes
9.gif
It''s really nice. I attached the stacking set that was my inspiration. The style of Tamara''s rings is so sleek and cool. Lovely. I adore the rings you posted as well, hopefully you''ll have the chance to resume that project sooner than you think.

I''m jumping in anticipation to see all of your Sally-stuff. I love her, she''s the sweetest. Great to hear the quality is good as I have one ring being made by her and several projects to follow at a later date.

Sending you dust, Pricescope style, and some hopeful-happy-bouncy energy too,

Marie

il_430xN.47701332.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
These are soooooooooooooooooo pretty! I hope we''ll get some hand shots later :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Trying again, the above post was for Lori. I'm loving those pillbox stackers of yours! For some reason the quote doesn't show up.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ-will there be pictures of your mommy''s lotus?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool ring musey :)
Sigh, I"m still waiting on my lotus and froggie from sally, hope there weren''t any transit problems
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:50:14 AM
Author: packrat
AJ-will there be pictures of your mommy''s lotus?
Of course packrat! Who do you think you are talking to? lol
5.gif
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results