carat
color
clarity

More Fun Things on Etsy

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 8:37:46 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I want this so bad! This looks so wearable. I love the other one as well and the way you are layering them.

I will have to add this to my wishlist for my birthday! I really really like this seller a lot. Never seen her stuff before. Her rings are amazing and so my style.

etsy is dangerous! I could lose hours on that website. You should see how many of the sellers I have bookmarked.
25.gif

I know--me too!
3.gif
I have also bookmarked many individual items...
27.gif

It''s very wearable--very comfy.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 6:06:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I convoed (that looks weird) kateszabone over a week ago, and haven''t heard from her. Have you guys heard anything if you''ve tried to contact her in the past week?
FC she is making 2 pieces for me and i am waiting to hear from her too! She usually is very prompt!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I need some etsy (or other craft site) help!

I have never done beading or made jewellery before, but I am a fan of bhati beads and wear their silk planet bracelets daily. But they are quite pricey
40.gif

Well, I have found a seller on etsy who makes the hand dyed silk ribbon in tons of wonderful colours, and I am going to start making my own silk planets bracelets - I get compliments continuously from friends/coworkers etc so I will also make them as gifts..

Only problem is, I cannot find the sterling and gold fill beads or "planets" anywhere! All of the ones I can find on etsy are too small, like 3mm..
I need them ~8/9mm long and the hole needs to be ~3.5/4mm, or large enough to thread a 1/2" piece of silk.
I''ve found a bunch of resources for the toggles, just not the actual beads.
7.gif

I am a total novice to this, do ppl think I should just be able to get these in a local craft store?
I am really excited and want to order heaps of silk ribbon, but there ain''t much point without the beads!

Please help etsy or craft whizzes?..

photo of bhati beads bracelet..

silk bracelet.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 3:40:42 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 2/27/2009 4:33:00 PM

Author: Addy

Quick hijack, sorry!

AJ, I bought

this one. I don't have it yet, but it seems like a good size. I have one bag that I've used for everything the past 12 years - school, work, in the footwell during car trips, carry on for international flights. Someone tried to pickpocket me last week on the bus and my current bag doesn't have any zips so I was etsy shopping to find a new bag and requested this one be made with a zip. I like that it can be a shoulder bag or an across the body bag.

End hijack!

Ah yes I saw that seller - I really like her tote bags, but a lil more than I was looking to spend..

I like the one that you chose, I hope it's good in person!

I cannot believe you have had one bag for 12 years - wow
6.gif

I just bought this as a temp solution, mainly for the cool design http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20905651. I will use it just for books, in conjunction with the leather bag I use daily.

There are also people that do customized canvas totes, and I was considering getting one made with colourful images of gems - what do you think, is that really daggy?

3.gif

I'm just not at shopper - I have two bags (a nicer one for interviews) and two purses, which might get used once a year each. I did think £42 was a bit expensive for the etsy bag, but since I'm quite loyal to my bags I figure it'll be fine. Honestly, the only thing I can't stay loyal to is jewellery. Everything else I wear or use until it needs to be replaced.

I like the skull and acorn bag! It's a very different print and sure to get several comments. Have you found any sellers with coloured gems on their bag like that? I think the idea sounds cute, but it's all in the execution.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 7:44:44 AM

Date: 2/28/2009 3:40:42 AM

Date: 2/27/2009 4:33:00 PM

Quick hijack, sorry!

AJ, I bought

this one. I don''t have it yet, but it seems like a good size. I have one bag that I''ve used for everything the past 12 years - school, work, in the footwell during car trips, carry on for international flights. Someone tried to pickpocket me last week on the bus and my current bag doesn''t have any zips so I was etsy shopping to find a new bag and requested this one be made with a zip. I like that it can be a shoulder bag or an across the body bag.

End hijack!

Ah yes I saw that seller - I really like her tote bags, but a lil more than I was looking to spend..

I like the one that you chose, I hope it''s good in person!

I cannot believe you have had one bag for 12 years - wow
6.gif

I just bought this as a temp solution, mainly for the cool design http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20905651. I will use it just for books, in conjunction with the leather bag I use daily.

There are also people that do customized canvas totes, and I was considering getting one made with colourful images of gems - what do you think, is that really daggy?

3.gif

I''m just not at shopper - I have two bags (a nicer one for interviews) and two purses, which might get used once a year each. I did think £42 was a bit expensive for the etsy bag, but since I''m quite loyal to my bags I figure it''ll be fine. Honestly, the only thing I can''t stay loyal to is jewellery. Everything else I wear or use until it needs to be replaced.

I like the skull and acorn bag! It''s a very different print and sure to get several comments. Have you found any sellers with coloured gems on their bag like that? I think the idea sounds cute, but it''s all in the execution.
Hey again addy,

I''m glad you liked the bag, I was impressed that they are all original artworks by the seller.
I guess if you think 42 was expensive for your bag, I shouldn''t mention my grossly expensive designer bag that I''m usually too worried to use
emembarrassed.gif

No, honestly it''s a nice design and I hope you get lots of use out of it.
5.gif

There''s def. no one that does a gem design standard, but I have sent off a few queries to have one custom - made.
The one guy that did reply, I didn''t like the look of his work. And the one I did like hasn''t replied yet...meh, I''ve already moved on! (see above )
11.gif
2.gif

I hear ya on the jewellery - as soon as I finish one project, it''s onto the next - or these days even before it''s finished !
That''s why I''m looking on etsy lots while waiting for my "serious" project to be done, otherwise I would spend all my money, ha
5.gif

If I can find the beads I was talking about above, I will be busy for a couple weeks for sure. I am going to create those silk wrap bracelets along with a Pandora style one (but all pieces bought off etsy to avoid paying crazy retail )
2.gif

Those silk ribbons work out to ~$4 ea, then the silver findings maybe $3 per bracelet - and the finished product retails online for almost $50.
20.gif

I have bought one of the "real deal" and loved it - but couldn''t bring myself to spend that again on something so simple - that''s why I''m so excited now that I could make my own.
Much cheaper habit than buying new gems too!
3.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
ahhh, coati, you are an enabler!! You and I seem to have very similar taste in jewelry and love the same things. Cool stuff you just bought!
I meant to ask you about the gold disc pendant you bought. Is it the one that is silver on one side and gold on the other? Is it reversible?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:20:12 AM
ahhh, coati, you are an enabler!! You and I seem to have very similar taste in jewelry and love the same things. Cool stuff you just bought!

I meant to ask you about the gold disc pendant you bought. Is it the one that is silver on one side and gold on the other? Is it reversible?

haha!

The pendant I bought is silver and 18k gold.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21592404

She also has a solid 14kg small pool pendant. I like the two tone one layered with the leaf pendants. I think the solid gold pendant would look nice alone--or layered with other chains.
1.gif
Are you getting one?
31.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:00:18 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/1/2009 11:20:12 AM

haha!

She also has a solid 14kg small pool pendant. I like the two tone one layered with the leaf pendants. I think the solid gold pendant would look nice alone--or layered with other chains.
1.gif
Are you getting one?
31.gif
I actually like the solid 14k one as well and saw that one. More expensive but not unreasonable by any means. The two tone one you got - when you wear it, can you tell it''s silver on the other side? I mean is it obvious that it''s a two tone or does it just look gold on your neck?
Could I flip it and wear as silver if I wanted to?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 4:06:50 PM
Date: 3/1/2009 1:00:18 PM

haha!

1.gif
Are you getting one?
31.gif
I actually like the solid 14k one as well and saw that one. More expensive but not unreasonable by any means. The two tone one you got - when you wear it, can you tell it's silver on the other side? I mean is it obvious that it's a two tone or does it just look gold on your neck?

Could I flip it and wear as silver if I wanted to?

It lies pretty flat and stays on one side--when I'm moving normally. I haven't tried any boisterous movement while wearing it though, and I imagine it will flip around.
3.gif
It's a good option if you want both white and yellow metal.

I want the all gold one too--haha!

eta: and I forgot to mention that the chain is my own and 20in. The chain it came with is a rolo chain, and I'm not crazy about those. I like flat cable chain. I also ordered an oxidized 22in cable chain from esdesigns. I like longer necklaces.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 4:28:18 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 4:09:07 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 2:34:01 PM

Love this BowmanOriginals band...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14174975
WOW! Love the leaf engraving. Gorgeous!

I really want this band...What''s up with me and all the wants these days??
3.gif
I want so much!
tell me about it! I have too many wants and I need to cut back on my shopping daydreaming. I''m very careful about what I actually do purchase but my wish list is a mile long!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 5:29:50 PM
tell me about it! I have too many wants and I need to cut back on my shopping daydreaming. I''m very careful about what I actually do purchase but my wish list is a mile long!

haha me too. I''m generally careful, but this wishlist gets longer and longer. I''m not usually like this--used to have periods of contentment, but no more! I blame etsy.
27.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 7:54:29 PM

Date: 3/1/2009 5:29:50 PM

haha me too. I''m generally careful, but this wishlist gets longer and longer. I''m not usually like this--used to have periods of contentment, but no more! I blame etsy.
27.gif
Ugh! I''m with you guys here--- I''m really impressed with how many talented people there are out there!!

Has anyone mentioned bijougirldesigns? She''s one of my favs (check out her sold items- I''m not too crazy about the current inventory)
(love the little flower and little leaf stackables)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5391096&ga_search_query=bijougirl&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

I love this necklace:

il_75x75_30313216.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Not gold but...these are different http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21023025

and this ring ( while it may not be the taste of some) sure is unique. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21286792

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 4:55:01 AM
I''m loving these -
Sterling silver tiny circle bangle with a larger 14K gold circle accent.
These are also from michelle chang.

I don''t usually end up wearing bangles, but I''m hoping these will be light and easy to wear.
I''ve ordered two
5.gif
Nice Bangles, AJ! I really like this seller-- thanks for posting
(I like the baby snake ring and the skulls ---
have to say, the "baby sharktooth" looks a little like a "baby thong" to me) haha

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:33:57 AM
Author: paeony

I''m loving these -

I don''t usually end up wearing bangles, but I''m hoping these will be light and easy to wear.
I''ve ordered two
5.gif
have to say, the ''baby sharktooth'' looks a little like a ''baby thong'' to me) haha
I just got my order from Michelle Chang today.....she makes the sweetest pieces! She''s working on a line of dog jewelry now.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 1:21:46 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 3/2/2009 10:33:57 AM
Author: paeony

I''m loving these -

I''ve ordered two
5.gif
have to say, the ''baby sharktooth'' looks a little like a ''baby thong'' to me) haha
I just got my order from Michelle Chang today.....she makes the sweetest pieces! She''s working on a line of dog jewelry now.

Lori
Let me correct myself....not a line of jewelry for dogs....a line of dog jewelry for people....similar to her line of cats!
19.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Look at this from onegarnetgirl!

"this eggplant Spinel is cut into an antique cushion. It is very dark and rich plum color and looks regal next to the 14k yellow gold. The entire ring is handmade and is currently a size 7."

Lori

maddyplumspinel.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love this beauty! Maddy does an awesome job setting stones in bezel settings!
30.gif

"This is an outrageously beautiful 2.6ct cushion cut with phenominal depth and flash. The luster is gorgeous and this stone REALLY grabs your eye. Copper bearing stones exhibit incredible flash of color even in low light, and this stone is no exception.
I handmade this heavy 14k yellow gold setting and set the gem bezel style in the band, which is approximately 3mm in width and is currently a size 7."

Lori

maddycrushedring.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori, let me get this straight! Did onegarnet girl make the eggplant spinel ring and did Maddy make the other, pink, bezel ring? And is neither in your possession? Are both those hand shots from vendors'' websites? I don''t think I have seen any handshots on vendors'' websites! If I have, it has never registered with me! When I saw the photos, I at first assumed that they were your new rings! I really like the style.

Deborah
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 1:27:37 AM
Look at this from onegarnetgirl!

'this eggplant Spinel is cut into an antique cushion. It is very dark and rich plum color and looks regal next to the 14k yellow gold. The entire ring is handmade and is currently a size 7.'

Lori

Gorgeous! Here bezels are really clean and fluid. Love them! I really love the rectangular bezel.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 1:33:47 AM

I love this beauty! Maddy does an awesome job setting stones in bezel settings!
30.gif

''This is an outrageously beautiful 2.6ct cushion cut with phenominal depth and flash. The luster is gorgeous and this stone REALLY grabs your eye. Copper bearing stones exhibit incredible flash of color even in low light, and this stone is no exception.

I handmade this heavy 14k yellow gold setting and set the gem bezel style in the band, which is approximately 3mm in width and is currently a size 7.''

Lori
I really like this ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results