shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone ring arrived!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Those moonstones are very, very, nice ones. I'd also like to see many more pictures.
I think you're the lucky owner of a truly unique ring.
That ring will never be put in a cardboard box again!

Thank you, kind stranger! And my profound thanks to everyone else as well for complimenting the moonstones. They are lovely, aren't they? I've never seen moonstones of this quality in person before; all my moonstone jewelry is new age-y mass-produced stuff, which is pretty in its own right, but which does not give you the truth of how moonstones can really glow. It took hundreds of hours scouring the Internet to find this ring. I feel like I lucked out finding it, and I am thrilled to finally have it! I'll post more photos once it gets home from the jeweler's. Can't wait to see my pretty again!

And I couldn't agree more about the cardboard box! ;-) I'll be like Joan Crawford, except my thing will be jewelry presentation rather than clothing storage.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I have missed the thread you started before buying the ring. I agree with others, the stones are beautiful! I checked the prices at the place I want to buy a moonstone, and saw they charge $100/ct for the same quality as yours are. The seller is in Sri Lanka. So in the USA the price per carat for the perfectly matching stones is higher, of course. I love your ring! :kiss2: I don't like the box it was placed in and the reckless packaging... Sorry you experienced such a bad customer service, I understand how you feel. Hope everything in your life goes back to normal very soon.

Moonstones are pricey, that's for sure! And they just keep on getting pricier. The thread I had originally posted was asking for opinions regarding how much I paid for the ring, because I was concerned I'd overpaid. The customer service with this particular purchase was definitely lacking, and I wouldn't go back for any additional purchases. She has a moonstone eternity band that I was drooling over but after seeing how things shook out with this ring, I think I'll pass.

Did you wind up buying your moonstone piece? Was it a ring, a necklace, a diadem? ;-) If you have it, I'd LOVE to see photos! :D (Wouldn't a moonstone diadem be heavenly??!!)

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Love it. Glowalicious. Wear in good health and blingy joy. ❤

Thank you! :) I am working on the health part. As for blingy joy, it's here in spades!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! can you share some video when you have time? what a unique ring, wear it in good health.

I had actually posted a video on YouTube of this ring (a video that the seller made), but have since taken it down. I'd love to make a video of it myself and post it :) Thank you for your good wishes! As mentioned, I am working on the health part, but it is taking a while.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Emerald City

I hate to break it to you BUT you have beautiful hands. THANKS so much for the additional images. the ring looks even more amazing when it's on your hand!!! you chose such fantastic ring for yourself!!! when it comes time for me to pick a moonstone/moonstone ring, i only hope i do as well.

I do hope your condition improves. im sorry you've been feeling unwell. May your moonstone's healing energy bring you improved health.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I’m 5’10 with 7.5 ring size, so you have me beat! :lol:
I just know you’ll be able to start a fresh love affair with this piece when it comes back to you. The pieces do look to be fit snugly together in a perfect way. It is a definite “wow” piece! :kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Moonstones are pricey, that's for sure! And they just keep on getting pricier. The thread I had originally posted was asking for opinions regarding how much I paid for the ring, because I was concerned I'd overpaid. The customer service with this particular purchase was definitely lacking, and I wouldn't go back for any additional purchases. She has a moonstone eternity band that I was drooling over but after seeing how things shook out with this ring, I think I'll pass.

Did you wind up buying your moonstone piece? Was it a ring, a necklace, a diadem? ;-) If you have it, I'd LOVE to see photos! :D (Wouldn't a moonstone diadem be heavenly??!!)

I am planning to buy a loose piece, a cabochon 5-6ct.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have always been a sucker for moonstone and your ring is stunning! Congrats on adding that beauty to your collection!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again! I apologise deeply for the delay in responding; pain levels have been high the last couple of days and I tend to curl up in a ball and attempt to read or watch TV when pain gets bad. I miss walking! I miss moving! I am so thoroughly sick of lying in bed!!!!

Anyway.

Here are a couple of photos with the ring on my hand. For reference, the ring is a size 7. I was in the middle of photographing the ring on my left hand when my husband swooped in like Batman and spirited the ring away to the jeweler, who is testing the stones and metal just to make 100% sure the ring is what it is supposed to be. Again, I don't anticipate any surprises, but I always get jewelry I bought online tested independently. He's had it for more than 24 hours and I am impatient to get my little pretty back!!! (To clarify, he already had a line of projects to complete when this was presented to him, so I don't think he's taking too long or anything at this point. I just want my new friend back home with me :) )
RingOnHand1.jpg RingOnHand3.jpg
I don't like posting photos of my hands because I am self-conscious about how large they are. People make fun of women who have "man hands" and at 5'11", I definitely qualify. I envy women who have dainty hands!

Thank you all so much for your kind words and general positivity :) I feel as though I've been given a warm Internet hug. <3

How very pretty and did anyone mention your hands are lovely too.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Wouldn't a moonstone diadem be heavenly??!!

Undoubtedly! I could afford only one diadem for my 2 female kitties so they would share it :lol:. I loved your thread featuring pets in crowns, hope I could post more pictures soon! =)2 I am thinking of sterling silver bracelet with single 5-6ct blue moonstone. I am blessed to have a baby granddaughter who was born in June. Her mom (my daughter) doesn't like pearls so my options are alexandrite (ouch!) or/and moonstone :D. My other grandbaby has Moonstone hybrid tea rose on her backyard, it was named after the pink variety of moonstone I guess (blue roses don't exist in nature). No flowers right now, the bush is not feeling well :(( Sending you a picture that I found on Internet, hope you feel better soon! This image is the closest to the flower IRL.
1229.jpg

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I got my precious back today!!! Squee!!! As expected, the stones are moonstones and the metal is 14k white gold. I am happy to know this for certain. :)

I took more photos, as requested, and included a couple of photos with my moonstone ring and my profile ring hanging out together. They're great friends. ;-)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!! This forum is really lovely :)

Moonstone&Emerald1.jpg Moonstone&Emerald2.jpg Moonstone1.jpg Moonstone3.jpg Moonstone4.jpg Moonstone7.jpg Moonstone8_2.jpg

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Undoubtedly! I could afford only one diadem for my 2 female kitties so they would share it :lol:. I loved your thread featuring pets in crowns, hope I could post more pictures soon! =)2 I am thinking of sterling silver bracelet with single 5-6ct blue moonstone. I am blessed to have a baby granddaughter who was born in June. Her mom (my daughter) doesn't like pearls so my options are alexandrite (ouch!) or/and moonstone :D. My other grandbaby has Moonstone hybrid tea rose on her backyard, it was named after the pink variety of moonstone I guess (blue roses don't exist in nature). No flowers right now, the bush is not feeling well :(( Sending you a picture that I found on Internet, hope you feel better soon! This image is the closest to the flower IRL.
1229.jpg

My word!!! What an utterly stunning flower! My husband planted some roses for me this spring and I selected classic red blooms, but I think this will be the next rose we plant in the coming spring. I had been looking at white roses but this one really takes the cake. Thanks for posting the photograph :) I am sorry your rosebush is feeling poorly; ours were not doing well when they arrived after shipping and it took a couple of months of TLC for them to even start thinking about blooming! It's rather a bummer when roses aren't doing well; they're such lovely, elegant flowers, and one's heart really does look forward to those first blooms.

Chuckling at your kitties having to share a diadem between them :) Such a tough life! Our kitties decide they've had a bad day when food is ten minutes late. Ah, to be reincarnated as a cat in a household that worships you :) I need to revisit the pet-crown thread. I got so caught up in things around here that I abandoned social media for quite a while.

The silver bracelet with a single large moonstone sounds exquisite!! Are you designing it, or is it a finished piece? Just to clarify, is the bracelet intended for the grandbaby? I'm surprised to hear of someone who doesn't like pearls; I adore them. Then again, I hate pink stones, but obviously many people love them! Alexandrite is stunning, but boy is it expensive! I second your "ouch," lol. I can't wait to see what you wind up purchasing :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my precious back today!!! Squee!!! As expected, the stones are moonstones and the metal is 14k white gold. I am happy to know this for certain. :)

I took more photos, as requested, and included a couple of photos with my moonstone ring and my profile ring hanging out together. They're great friends. ;-)

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!! This forum is really lovely :)

Moonstone&Emerald1.jpg Moonstone&Emerald2.jpg Moonstone1.jpg Moonstone3.jpg Moonstone4.jpg Moonstone7.jpg Moonstone8_2.jpg

One for both hands !
I hope the moonstone brings you much joy and maybe just enough calming to take the edge off your pain

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
One for both hands !
I hope the moonstone brings you much joy and maybe just enough calming to take the edge off your pain

Yes, one for both hands! :) That's kind of funny. I actually have been wearing one on each hand, so you got me there! Believe me, if I had more, I'd sport a fancy ring on each finger! (Life goals, lol.)

How incredibly sweet of you, and others, to express the hope that the moonstones will calm me. Weirdly enough, my jewelry really does calm me and take my mind off of how badly I feel (save for rough days). These two rings bring me tremendous joy; they're amazing and I can't believe how lucky I am. Emeralds are still my favourite stone, but moonstones are unbelievable. I think I like them better than diamonds! (Please don't kill me!)

Here, have an Internet hug :) <3

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Emerald City

do you have a thread for your emerald cluster ring?? if so, will you please kindly direct me to it??

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh......I knew it was even more gorgeous than your original pictures. Stunning. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a unique and beautiful ring! I bet those moonstones are endlessly interesting to gaze into, reflecting different colors with the changing light. If I had that, I'd be staring at it constantly! Its also a lovely partner to your emerald ring, they just look right with each other.

Wishing you good vibes and easier sailing going forward. Hugs.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The silver bracelet with a single large moonstone sounds exquisite!! Are you designing it, or is it a finished piece? Just to clarify, is the bracelet intended for the grandbaby?

I am planning to buy a stone first. I didn't ask my daughter how much she likes moonstones, I am not sure she knows about blue ones that I adore. Then we will decide what she wants to do with it. If bracelet, then for sure it will be made of silver. She has a great artistic taste and likes to design her own pieces. Her baby will inherit everything, that's why we now choose stones that represent someone in the family, the moonstone is going to represent the girl! I already bought a tiny alexandrite too :D.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
@Emerald City

do you have a thread for your emerald cluster ring?? if so, will you please kindly direct me to it??

I haven't started a thread for my emerald cluster ring per se, but I did post about it in the Antique/Reproduction thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eproduction-rings.165284/page-15#post-4749106

If people think that ring is worthy of its own thread, I'd be happy to oblige :) I am totally obsessed with this ring, I wear it every day, and I think it is just the bee's knees!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Sigh......I knew it was even more gorgeous than your original pictures. Stunning. :love:

Hehe :) Thank you so much! How sweet of you to say so :) It is hard to capture all the shades of light that play through the moonstones. My husband wound up taking over the photography duties because I'm really not that great at it!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a unique and beautiful ring! I bet those moonstones are endlessly interesting to gaze into, reflecting different colors with the changing light. If I had that, I'd be staring at it constantly! Its also a lovely partner to your emerald ring, they just look right with each other.

Wishing you good vibes and easier sailing going forward. Hugs.

I do stare at it constantly! :) It's been in my line of sight ever since it arrived :) The colourplay of light is amazing, and changes all the time. I love it with my emerald ring; I wear both rings now and stare at them like one obsessed. I think emeralds and moonstones go together very well. I have been thinking about designing a ring with these stones now that I know just how incredible moonstones can be.

Thank you so much for your well wishes. This is very tough to deal with. Hugs to you, too. <3

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I am planning to buy a stone first. I didn't ask my daughter how much she likes moonstones, I am not sure she knows about blue ones that I adore. Then we will decide what she wants to do with it. If bracelet, then for sure it will be made of silver. She has a great artistic taste and likes to design her own pieces. Her baby will inherit everything, that's why we now choose stones that represent someone in the family, the moonstone is going to represent the girl! I already bought a tiny alexandrite too :D.

Oh, wow! Have you posted a photo of the alexandrite? I would LOVE to see it! :D Do you have plans for it, or might it be the centerpiece of this project if moonstones aren't on the agenda?

The jewelry project sounds lovely, something with great memories and much sentimental value. I hope it turns out every bit as spectacularly as you imagine, and I am sure I'm not alone in hoping you post photos of the finished piece! :)

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't started a thread for my emerald cluster ring per se, but I did post about it in the Antique/Reproduction thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eproduction-rings.165284/page-15#post-4749106

If people think that ring is worthy of its own thread, I'd be happy to oblige :) I am totally obsessed with this ring, I wear it every day, and I think it is just the bee's knees!

YES please!!! I do believe that your emerald cluster might very well be my favorite of all the emerald rings ive seen here!!! May i also ask where you purchased it??

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moonstones are magical and that is a beautiful ring.
Your hands are beautiful too. Mine are short and spotty, so will you be the hand model for my rings??
Also I got a kick out of your wanting to be petite. I envy tall women on a regular basis, and wearing heels does not help all that much, so I can only dream.
So I suppose it’s like straight and curly hair, no matter which we have, we look longingly at the other. : )
Wear in good health!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is an ethereal beauty that looks lovely on your beautiful hand. Wishing you a speedy return to excellent health and vitality.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! Have you posted a photo of the alexandrite? I would LOVE to see it! :D Do you have plans for it, or might it be the centerpiece of this project if moonstones aren't on the agenda?

The jewelry project sounds lovely, something with great memories and much sentimental value. I hope it turns out every bit as spectacularly as you imagine, and I am sure I'm not alone in hoping you post photos of the finished piece! :)

Didn't post any photos on PS. I have good images under the daylight, but not so good under the yellow one. The source of the light I used probably wasn't a true yellow, I want to buy a gemologist torch and try to photograph the stone again. It is of Russian origin and definitely needs its certificate from a reputable lab. I hope the Lotus lab can help with certifying its origin but I don't want to mail anything far away at the moment :bigsmile:. Another option we had considered is to pack 2-3 cars and go on family vacation to Carlsbad, CA, hopefully next year, so my daughter and I can deliver some of our precious stones in person to the GIA lab.

Meanwhile I have my own projects, moving more slowly than I had planned...

I am happy you have your dear shiny and sparkling things to stare at and entertain yourself. They look gorgeous and harmonious on your beautiful fingers. Hope they help you with keeping your spirits up during this trying time. :love:

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Big Fat Facets I posted a thread about my cluster ring! :) https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/antique-emerald-cluster-ring.259957/

I hope you enjoy! Thank you for requesting a thread about this ring. I ADORE this ring with all my heart and I am so glad that others think it is awesome, too :) For you to say you think my cluster ring is your favourite emerald ring here just made my day! Nay, my entire month! I am on cloud nine :) <3

it is. and i truly truly mean it. i try to be supportive of all jewelry reveals. But your emerald cluster is my favorite gemstone ring. because i love old cuts. i love white diamond surrounds on a columbian green emerald. thank you for starting the thread!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results