shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Thanks for sharing!!
They quoted me $95 per carat for moissanite.
Total ring price + 14k gold is $480
Also they will charge me additional $20 for shipping to London

Can others also be so kind to share SG prices pretty please? :)
My 8x6 ACC ring was a little bit under your quote and $ 20.- for shipping is cheap, they charged me $25,- (Europe)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I'm sad for you! You were so excited, but I get it. I still want that fat diamond too. I'm seeing what happens with the MMD market; hopefully things that my wallet likes!

I know, I’m a hot mess. I love the cut and color but the rainbows just mess with me. Even if diamonds have the same sparkle, I guess it’s that whole “mind clean” thing...blah. I always thought people were crazy when they said that, but I totally get it. It’s unfortunate but at least now I know!

Now, for an alternate set or a RHR....all day every day I’d go for Moissanite. But this is going to be a special ring and worn day in and day out, so I think diamonds are the way to go, for me personally anyway.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah but those are so inexpensive I say they don’t count :lol: I figured you’d be on the diamond hunt soon! I’ve got my sights set on lab created as well.

I paid 900 dollars for my moissanite and 300 to have it recut a year later..silly me.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Thanks for sharing!!
They quoted me $95 per carat for moissanite.
Total ring price + 14k gold is $480
Also they will charge me additional $20 for shipping to London

Can others also be so kind to share SG prices pretty please? :)
That sounds about right. You might have a small VAT charge on delivery.

I have bought several antique cushion’s and in the 9x8 size, they are very nice and do look diamond like. A few people have gotten the modern cushion’s. The picture actually looks better then previous ones I have seen.

It really depends on your preference and personal style. They are different looks and you will probably see more double refraction with the modern one.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are ordering a loose stone and they charge $3, it can take around 3 weeks. If you ordered a ring and it says ‘speedpak’ then it should be 3 days. Can you check to see if there is tracking on ebay? If it says shipped but there is no tracking, then it could be 3 or so weeks.

It's a loose stone. And yeah, it looks like it will be the $3/3 week deal then. The so called tracking just says "in transit" or something like that. Thanks for the info. Now I know I should expect it to come in the next week or so.

HiltonEdge

Rough_Rock
SG sales rep just advised me to buy directly to them using paypal to avoid 8% handling fee aliexpress.
Any of you have experienced buying directly from them? How was it?
My worry is only if anything happen, they will not have return policy :(2

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
SG sales rep just advised me to buy directly to them using paypal to avoid 8% handling fee aliexpress.
If you pay by Paypal you still have buyers protection.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
You sort of get two layers of protection with eBay/PayPal. Most people want to avoid the eBay fee so we all order directly but still use PayPal for at least that protection and that seems to work.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a loose stone. And yeah, it looks like it will be the $3/3 week deal then. The so called tracking just says "in transit" or something like that. Thanks for the info. Now I know I should expect it to come in the next week or so.

I just checked on ebay, it should be delivered tomorrow 3 weeks, five days.
Yeah, I had just checked that. Not terrible, I had just hoped for faster, thanks to previous experience with another vendor.

@HiltonEdge
I HIGHLY recommend using Paypal. They gave me a partial credit with the above mentioned vendor sent me a terrible stone and refused to consider a refund unless I returned the stone, at my expense. Refunded the cost of the stone, and the shipping, if I remember correctly.

larabe

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm looking to make some travel rings with Starsgems or Tianyu (a half eternity of 5-6 stones made with 4mm rounds, and the other would be a 7.5 or 8mm solitaire round). I'd really appreciate some advice. :pray:

1. For a 5 or 6 stone half eternity ring, I'd be getting 4mm rounds. For stones that small, does it make much of a difference if I ask for OEC or H&A? Will it be noticeable? A lot of posters recommend G/H or even warmer color grades because otherwise DEF moissanites look to glassy and "fake." However, I might occasionally wear it with my own e-ring which is a F color. I don't want them to not match. Will DEF 4mm moissanites be a good match? Or will they just match the color but look fake or not lively? If I get G/H 4mm for the half eternity, will they be noticeably warmer than my F color e-ring?

2. For the 7.5 or 8mm solitaire, I want it bezel set. If it was prong set, I'd have no problem wearing the 8mm, but since bezels add more continuous area to the stone --> looking larger, should I go smaller and get the 7.5 so it's not overwhelming? Since I currently wear an oval ring, I'm not sure if an 8mm round+ extra circumference of a bezel will look too big on me. For reference, my finger size is 4.5 or 4.75 so I don't want a disproportionately large solitaire. My oval is roughly 9 x 6.5 mm and I find it the goldilocks size, not big or small, just right. I've also seen many people say that beyond 1 or 1.5 carat equivalents, moissanites can look /too/ sparkly and unreal. Should I just stick to 7.5 which is supposed to be a ~1.5 carat equiv? Does .5mm really make that much of a difference?

3. Shape - I thought I'd order a round so I can enjoy wearing another shape and also since my research so far has said that for moissanites, rounds are the most diamond like looking shape. I read that for ovals, cushions, etc the proportions/lw ratios are often a little off and they don't sparkle the same way, but that rounds are most similar to diamonds. Do people here tend to agree?

I've tried to read through most of the two very long Tianyu & Starsgems threads but I'm confused on a few things. Hope I'm not re-asking questions that may have already been answered but that I missed while going through the threads! :whistle:

Thanks guys :dance:

knkn

Rough_Rock
At least the culet isn’t half the size of the table! I still can’t figure out why they’re so confused though. No one that I’m aware of has requested this weird transitional cut, so I don’t know why they can’t get it right the first time. :confused2:

So just an update.... I have finally received my ring after saying 100 times that I didn’t want a transitional cut and sending through Michelle’s stone they still have put in the wrong stone for the ring. I have escalated to cherry and asked for a stone replacement or if not will be requesting a full refund. See the picture attached for reference of what they have sent me via email: CBA8ABDE-C343-4891-893B-B3545B32897F.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
So just an update.... I have finally received my ring after saying 100 times that I didn’t want a transitional cut and sending through Michelle’s stone they still have put in the wrong stone for the ring. I have escalated to cherry and asked for a stone replacement or if not will be requesting a full refund. See the picture attached for reference of what they have sent me via email: CBA8ABDE-C343-4891-893B-B3545B32897F.jpeg

I’d ask for more pics and a video. Their photos are terrible quality. That doesn’t look near as bad as what they sent me the first time.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I
I agree. My H&A cut and look like that sometimes. Just depends on when they snap the pic. Definitely needs a video.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their pics are seriously awful. I'd ask for more pics bc that actually might look nice/like their normal h&a cut.

BoiledEgg

Rough_Rock

Forgive my ignorance, but would anyone mind explaining the difference between this "transitional cut" from a standard hearts/arrows cut? I’m trying to learn and understand what to look for and my skills are obviously nil.

larabe

Rough_Rock
BBE3B2E9-388C-4197-A8FC-54E72708572B.jpeg

knkn were you able to get better pics?

I’m ordering several stones and asked for photos of each but only gotten one (above). Do you think the dark spots in the center are just reflection of the photographer or camera?

These are small, 4mm. Should I ask to see every one or at that size they will be pretty similar?

Attachments

• F4CD2303-74AF-44DE-A7E5-CF6212EFF519.jpeg
    F4CD2303-74AF-44DE-A7E5-CF6212EFF519.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 97

knkn

Rough_Rock
0CA5BF0E-9C65-43C7-B7A6-9ED539E013A9.jpeg
Their pics are seriously awful. I'd ask for more pics bc that actually might look nice/like their normal h&a cut.

Yeh I’m asking for a video. The only other picture they’ve sent through just now is this one which they are saying is the stone...

coconuttynut

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Would anyone be able to tell me if this setting from Brilliant Earth is too complex for Starsgem?

I love this setting but the ring has sadly been discontinued.

A couple of questions:
1. Is this setting too complicated?
2. Platinum vs. 18k yellow gold --> would love your opinion!
3. I'd like to make the center stone smaller than what's shown in the Brilliant Earth stock photos. Does Starsgem provide smaller center moissanite stones that are 0.5 carats or under?

Thanks all!

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 3.16.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 3.16.15 PM.png

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Would anyone be able to tell me if this setting from Brilliant Earth is too complex for Starsgem?

I love this setting but the ring has sadly been discontinued.

A couple of questions:
1. Is this setting too complicated?
2. Platinum vs. 18k yellow gold --> would love your opinion!
3. I'd like to make the center stone smaller than what's shown in the Brilliant Earth stock photos. Does Starsgem provide smaller center moissanite stones that are 0.5 carats or under?

Thanks all!

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 3.16.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 3.16.15 PM.png
Welcome to our thread - I think you asked the same question on the Tianyu one but I will answer over here. I am sure that both of them will say that they can make this for you. I am not sure if you plan on going with a modern H&A or an OEC cut? I don’t think that SG cuts a H&A cut under 1 carat. You might have to check from them if you want to get a quote. I believe that Tianyu does and I also prefer their OEC as well.

Having said all that, this is kind of a complicated design. I am sure they can make this for you but they are more just wholesalers than they are designers. It would certainly look much better if you were to just buy the center loose moissanite or even better, a lab diamond and have someone more local make it. There are many good online vendors as well and it would probably look the best in platinum. The Chinese use machine stamped miligrain so it just won’t look as refined as this. I have tried miligrain with both of them and it wasn’t for me. I think they could do something close to it but if you are very picky about the detail, then I would just buy the loose center stone and have someone else make it.

r12345678

Rough_Rock
8x6 emerald cut set East-West with 4 - .2 lab diamonds bought to match my 15-year old diamond band made from mined diamonds. Thank you to those from Reddit who helped me with this order. I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_8578.JPG
    IMG_8578.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 174

Gigoypotpot

Rough_Rock
Anyone have recent experience ordering from starsgem? I am thinking of ordering some 4x2mm emerald cuts, some 4x6mm for earrings and a 10x8mm center stone emerald. Any feedback is appreciated! tia!

Gigoypotpot

Rough_Rock
8x6 emerald cut set East-West with 4 - .2 lab diamonds bought to match my 15-year old diamond band made from mined diamonds. Thank you to those from Reddit who helped me with this order. I love it.

That is a beautiful emerald! What is the color amd clarity?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results