shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS,

I've been asking Sue and Silvia for lab diamond quotes and received very different prices.

Silvia: 14k 5pcs 4.5mm lab diamond (HPHT diamond), US$1620.
Sue: $1200 for same specs as above
14K 6pcs 4mm round lab diamond ring is $1080
14K 7pcs 4mm round lab diamond ring is $1220
14K 8pcs 3mm round lab diamond ring is $540

swaye2010: I just saw you mention someone had 5 stone with 4mm lab diamonds done for $600, so I feel like quotes I received are too high.

Sorry if I'm asking a redundant question, are there different grades of lab diamonds that's reflected in quote difference?
Do you think it's worth getting lab diamonds from SG, or should I pay a little extra to have a better cut done from US vendor?
I plan to get H&A rounds from them, I've been reading SG had nailed this. Do you think its still worth it?
I think the comparison might be slightly different. The one I listed was probably near colorless and it was a 5 stone in white gold with 4 mm. With 5 pieces, it would probably be under $1000. The biggest problem right now is the trade war has pushed the gold prices and then tariff’s on precious metals.

If you are going to get a 5 stone, I would consider looking at preloved. Just a quick look at Loupe Troupe and I find this one. You can see if she will take offers. I am sure there is even more. I see a sapphire and old mine one too that is like $450. I would go preloved for something like this. I think I paid $540 for a diamond one on ebay. Until the gold prices change, it is not a great time to buy right now and in September and October, it is only going to get worse.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/ban...e-u-prong-diamond-band-1-dot-05cttw-obo;30568

halo_martini

Rough_Rock
I heard she's leaving SG soon, perhaps her mind is elsewhere already.

Like Swaye said maybe it's best to wait until gold prices drop. Thanks for the suggestions on looking at preloved. I think it makes more sense to wait for now. I recently discovered customization and I just couldn't stop working on one project after next.

I asked Lucy to give me 2 quotes for a full eternity ring in lab diamonds.
She gave me the total price for both of them. 14k/3mm DEF VS/VVS 18pcs and 14k/2.5mm DEF VS/VVS 22pcs. $1180,- incl.shipping and Paypal fees.
It was so hard to communicate with her. I don't know it's because my english is so bad or she was too busy to pay good attention on my requests. I decided to let it go

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I asked Lucy to give me 2 quotes for a full eternity ring in lab diamonds.
She gave me the total price for both of them. 14k/3mm DEF VS/VVS 18pcs and 14k/2.5mm DEF VS/VVS 22pcs. $1180,- incl.shipping and Paypal fees.
It was so hard to communicate with her. I don't know it's because my english is so bad or she was too busy to pay good attention on my requests. I decided to let it go
Here is the update from Cherry with the new contact person taking over for Lucy......Are you in the Netherlands?

Yes, Lucy will change her job so she will leave our company, and the new staff Kelvin and Eva will take over some her job, I would like you to send the old staff Sue Liu whatsapp and email to the customer. Pls see below her contact information. thanks a lot for your great help!

Sue Liu, whatsapp number: +8618977488673, email address: [email protected]

Best regards

Cherry Zheng
Sales Manager

Stars Gem Co., Ltd.
Whatsapp & Mob: +86-18977486191
Tel:+86-774-6019458 Fax: +86-774-3886031
ADD:No.C65-66 3rd Floor,New Jewel Building,Xihuan road,Wuzhou,Guangxi,China
E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.starsgem.com

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I heard she's leaving SG soon, perhaps her mind is elsewhere already.

Like Swaye said maybe it's best to wait until gold prices drop. Thanks for the suggestions on looking at preloved. I think it makes more sense to wait for now. I recently discovered customization and I just couldn't stop working on one project after next.

Yes i think you're right about Lucy.
Mona is making a ring for me now but after this i'm gonna wait till the gold price drops.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Here is the update from Cherry with the new contact person taking over for Lucy......Are you in the Netherlands?

Yes, Lucy will change her job so she will leave our company, and the new staff Kelvin and Eva will take over some her job, I would like you to send the old staff Sue Liu whatsapp and email to the customer. Pls see below her contact information. thanks a lot for your great help!

Sue Liu, whatsapp number: +8618977488673, email address: [email protected]

Best regards

Cherry Zheng
Sales Manager

Stars Gem Co., Ltd.
Whatsapp & Mob: +86-18977486191
Tel:+86-774-6019458 Fax: +86-774-3886031
ADD:No.C65-66 3rd Floor,New Jewel Building,Xihuan road,Wuzhou,Guangxi,China
E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.starsgem.com

Thank you so much for all the information. Your knowlegde and advices are much appreciated.
Yes i'm in the Netherlands.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes i think you're right about Lucy.
Mona is making a ring for me now but after this i'm gonna wait till the gold price drops.
I thought since you are in Europe you could check with my stepson’s company just for a price comparison. I know he is getting the CVD lab diamonds. I have no idea if it is cheaper but it might be worth checking as an additional quote. His email is [email protected]

I thought the nl on your user name might indicate that. Both my parents are from Holland and they have NL stickers on their cars here...

knkn

Rough_Rock
E591807E-ECD7-48F2-9432-65778455BA88.jpeg
Agree with Michelle. Go with the standard 8. The 16 one just looks weird. I am surprised they even asked....

Awesome thanks for you help. Would you be able to help me pick out the Centre stone?

I asked for the 8 H&A cut this is the stone they have sent through. What are your guys thoughts?

Last edited:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I thought since you are in Europe you could check with my stepson’s company just for a price comparison. I know he is getting the CVD lab diamonds. I have no idea if it is cheaper but it might be worth checking as an additional quote. His email is [email protected]

I thought the nl on your user name might indicate that. Both my parents are from Holland and they have NL stickers on their cars here...

That's so cool. Can you speak Dutch?
People are still driving with those stickers on their cars :)
At this moment i'm waiting for a ring that Mona is making. She just messaged me that she's in the hospital and the delivery will be delayed with a couple of days. At this moment she's having problems with her VPN, Etsy account too and can't reply the messages. She is afraid people might think she runs away.
I send her a message back but i think she didn't receive it yet.
I will definitely message your stepson for my next project. Thank you!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That's so cool. Can you speak Dutch?
People are still driving with those stickers on their cars :)
At this moment i'm waiting for a ring that Mona is making. She just messaged me that she's in the hospital and the delivery will be delayed with a couple of days. At this moment she's having problems with her VPN, Etsy account too and can't reply the messages. She is afraid people might think she runs away.
I send her a message back but i think she didn't receive it yet.
I will definitely message your stepson for my next project. Thank you!
It’s terrible that our parents didn’t teach us although we have a huge family that all still lives there. We are the only ones in the US. I lived in Sweden for many years and my mother could read everything but not understand them. It would have helped to have known Dutch to get by when I lived there. Everyone wants to practice their English though so it became too easy to get by!

Poor Mona! I hope she is ok because it is hard to know what is causing these communication problems based on what is going on in the world. I would think that the WhatsApp texting would work. I wonder if she has an Alibaba shop because the chat system there would probably still work.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

Awesome thanks for you help. Would you be able to help me pick out the Centre stone?

I asked for the 8 H&A cut this is the stone they have sent through. What are your guys thoughts?

:lol-2:
If I blow up Michelle’s latest picture from her stone, you can see the distinct arrows that go all the way to the outer edges. The picture they sent you looks a bit like the transitional cut again with these really fat arrows. Can you send this this pic and say you want the standard H&A cut like this one. Did you ask for fat or thick arrows?
9DA3AEBC-33B4-48FA-8420-A0ADC84F317E.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
If I blow up Michelle’s latest picture from her stone, you can see the distinct arrows that go all the way to the outer edges. The picture they sent you looks a bit like the transitional cut again with these really fat arrows. Can you send this this pic and say you want the standard H&A cut like this one. Did you ask for fat or thick arrows?

At least the culet isn’t half the size of the table! I still can’t figure out why they’re so confused though. No one that I’m aware of has requested this weird transitional cut, so I don’t know why they can’t get it right the first time. :confused2:

knkn

Rough_Rock
0BC105E7-A467-474A-80B0-CB2281D613D8.jpeg 357EECAE-4352-44A4-AAA9-9B069EC6E9E1.jpeg

Thanks for that, yes I already sent through Michelle’s photo. They have sent back this picture it still looks the same to me though? She said it’s the ‘thick’ hearts and arrows, I’ve just sent back again Michelle’s photo and said I want the standard cut. Hopefully this time they get the correct cut.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
0BC105E7-A467-474A-80B0-CB2281D613D8.jpeg 357EECAE-4352-44A4-AAA9-9B069EC6E9E1.jpeg

Thanks for that, yes I already sent through Michelle’s photo. They have sent back this picture it still looks the same to me though? She said it’s the ‘thick’ hearts and arrows, I’ve just sent back again Michelle’s photo and said I want the standard cut. Hopefully this time they get the correct cut.

It looks the same to me too. :confused2: I hope they get you one that you love! And I hope the ones they send me look like the picture I got :lol-2:

knkn

Rough_Rock
It looks the same to me too. :confused2: I hope they get you one that you love! And I hope the ones they send me look like the picture I got :lol-2:

Haha thanks I’ve sent your picture through about 5 times now, and asked for the same cut as your stone so hopefully this time is the charm . Maybe they need to rename it the “Michelle cut” so they don’t get confused anymore. Who was your rep by the way I’ll maybe ask mine to ask her.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Haha thanks I’ve sent your picture through about 5 times now, and asked for the same cut as your stone so hopefully this time is the charm . Maybe they need to rename it the “Michelle cut” so they don’t get confused anymore. Who was your rep by the way I’ll maybe ask mine to ask her.

I was using Lucy, and she’s only there for a few more days from what I understand. The stone she sent me wasn’t even a custom cut! I’m pretty sure she just grabbed it out of their inventory because she told me she was “going to stock” and a while later I had pics. I told her it was what I wanted, and she sent me a tracking number that same night. So definitely not cut custom by the factory. I’ll definitely post pics when they get here. I’m getting IJ so definitely not the norm, and I’ve got a pair of 5mm side stones coming so I’m curious to see if the cut is the same on them as the 6.5mm center stone.

I still wouldn’t object to having anything named after me. Just sayin’ :P2

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
It’s terrible that our parents didn’t teach us although we have a huge family that all still lives there. We are the only ones in the US. I lived in Sweden for many years and my mother could read everything but not understand them. It would have helped to have known Dutch to get by when I lived there. Everyone wants to practice their English though so it became too easy to get by!

Poor Mona! I hope she is ok because it is hard to know what is causing these communication problems based on what is going on in the world. I would think that the WhatsApp texting would work. I wonder if she has an Alibaba shop because the chat system there would probably still work.

It's hard to start a new life in another country. I think your parents wants you to speak english well. English is a required course here at school and maybe that's why they didn't teach you Dutch. Dutch is just a tiny language in the world unlike English. Have you every been to Holland?

I don't think Mona is selling through Alibaba but i can ask her later. I don't want to bother her now, i think she is still in the hospital.
Her Whatsapp is still working but she needs the VPN to see the pictures we sent to her.
She told me she can't post or answer the messages through Etsy and Instagram.
Mona is afraid people might think she run away so i offer to post on her behalf.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
My hydrothermal emerald/OEC ring is done! I ended up going with WG for the heads/YG for the band. The video Sue sent me was better quality than this, but I think you can get the picture. Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My hydrothermal emerald/OEC ring is done! I ended up going with WG for the heads/YG for the band. The video Sue sent me was better quality than this, but I think you can get the picture. Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.
I love it when the sides are the same size as the center. This is really beautiful! I am sure you can’t wait to receive it!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to start a new life in another country. I think your parents wants you to speak english well. English is a required course here at school and maybe that's why they didn't teach you Dutch. Dutch is just a tiny language in the world unlike English. Have you every been to Holland?

I don't think Mona is selling through Alibaba but i can ask her later. I don't want to bother her now, i think she is still in the hospital.
Her Whatsapp is still working but she needs the VPN to see the pictures we sent to her.
She told me she can't post or answer the messages through Etsy and Instagram.
Mona is afraid people might think she run away so i offer to post on her behalf.
I feel bad for Mona. That must be very frustrating. I am not sure why she is in the hospital but I hope she is ok.

Yes, I have been to Holland many times. I was so close when I lived in Europe so I was in Amsterdam s lot and also stayed with my family in different cities. I have a huge family there....

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I love it when the sides are the same size as the center. This is really beautiful! I am sure you can’t wait to receive it!
Thank you! I’m excited to get it. I’ve been wanting an emerald ring for some time. In fact, I bought an emerald target setting from Ivy&Rose, but I didn’t keep it. I think Starsgem did a great job. Hopefully it will be able to get to me sometime next week. Sue said were having bad weather and the ring was delayed getting from the factory to her. Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing getting from China to the US.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
I feel bad for Mona. That must be very frustrating. I am not sure why she is in the hospital but I hope she is ok.

Yes, I have been to Holland many times. I was so close when I lived in Europe so I was in Amsterdam s lot and also stayed with my family in different cities. I have a huge family there....

Mona is back to work since yesterday. So i hope to receive my ring soon.
Holland is so small, with your huge family i think you've seen everything and been to everywhere already haha

Diamondnewb12

Rough_Rock
Good morning! I'm new here, but have been happily lurking for a while. I'd like your opinions on this CAD. My inspiration is this DK ring:

upload_2019-1-10_8-9-8.png
upload_2019-1-10_8-10-11.png
upload_2019-1-10_8-10-40.png

upload_2019-1-10_8-11-13.png

Have you received your ring yet? I actually just submitted a request for a ring very similar to this one and was curious how yours came out!
Thank you!

Diamondnewb12

Rough_Rock
@Keeni
I know it’s been a while since you posted but I just put in for a band very similar to the one you had made!
Do you have any pictures of it on? Is it comfortable to wear? I am trying to decide if I want to go with 4.5mm or 5mm for my larger stones. Thank you!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s crazy the difference! The D color CZs are almost blue gray compared to the warmer IJ Moissanite.

Ignore the set rings. I was just playing around comparing to my other CZ rings and my princess cut F diamond.

I prefer the warmer color, personally. It gives it more depth and contrast, and it’s also more “believable” IMO. Just my opinion!
8E2B1B7D-05F5-477A-AF4A-D903FFC93AA0.jpeg

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
F847B8DF-A528-4574-9EFE-884C302FF7B5.jpeg

Jocie posted this on her Instagram page today, not sure what the promotion is. Btw Tianyu Emily posted yesterday a promotion on her Instagram too.

Attachments

• 97EA3C59-5185-4254-8B4E-971956A45994.jpeg
    97EA3C59-5185-4254-8B4E-971956A45994.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 37

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to read through the thread but it's so long! Can anyone share about how long it took to receive an in stock stone? Also, has anyone returned a stone they didn't like and what was that process like? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results