shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and made the purchase for the 3 stone ring. Paid the invoice with PayPal fee and total came out $288. Now the waiting begins Demi told me she would send me CAD on Monday since it’s the weekend.

Can anyone share how long it took if you had a custom cut to ring being done to being delivered to you ? I’m really impatient but I am excited to see the my ring
It can take 3-4 weeks in total, depending on how busy they are. If you are not happy with the look before it is mailed, they always do their best to fix it or even remake it most of the time. This is not a very difficult design for them to replicate so I don’t see a problem. One has to keep their expectations in line with the fact that the price is so cheap.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
3E40FED2-BAE5-4C11-92FE-EB3B83105D36.jpeg
My CAD is here ☺️ I have ordered a 9 x 7 OMC moissanite with 2 mm lab diamonds in 14 k rose gold. Bottom of the ring looks thick enough, I went with the cathedral for added stability, profile looks low- which is my preference.
Anyone have any ideas or concerns before I respond her my rep? Thanks you all- pretty excited to try this vendor
@lovedogs @swaye2010 , you guys have been super helpful on this thread. ☺️

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sure some of you already saw this:

B90E3818-18F0-4679-9FFB-1D08E7898BD7.jpeg

I was reading IGI is generous with their ratings (correct me if I’m wrong), so I’m assuming their H is actually closer to I or lower, which is what swaye2010’s son determined.

Does anyone think their prices are going to go down and if so, when? I’m really not feeling paying over $1500 for a one carat J color diamond. :lol: I would love to get a nicely cut, F or a G color for $600 :sun:...maybe I’m pushing my luck. :oops:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure some of you already saw this:

B90E3818-18F0-4679-9FFB-1D08E7898BD7.jpeg

I was reading IGI is generous with their ratings (correct me if I’m wrong), so I’m assuming their H is actually closer to I or lower, which is what swaye2010’s son determined.

Does anyone think their prices are going to go down and if so, when? I’m really not feeling paying over $1500 for a one carat J color diamond. :lol: I would love to get a nicely cut, F or a G color for $600 :sun:...maybe I’m pushing my luck. :oops:

lol i do think prices will go down but not until a few more companies get into the game. and even then the quality is going to vary just like with mined diamonds or moissy. who knows how quickly or slowly that process will take though!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
lol i do think prices will go down but not until a few more companies get into the game. and even then the quality is going to vary just like with mined diamonds or moissy. who knows how quickly or slowly that process will take though!
Yeah, I think you’re right. :lol: Demi sent me photos of their diamonds last night and I told her I would have to wait. Reality is, I don’t want to spend as much as what they’re asking.

Lab diamonds or none, I’m still going to buy moissy, I just wasn’t sure if I should do my earrings and OEC ring projects soon or put them in the back burner now that Starsgem is selling their lab diamonds. I’m personally looking forward to moissy prices going down across the board. :twisted:

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
3E40FED2-BAE5-4C11-92FE-EB3B83105D36.jpeg
My CAD is here ☺️ I have ordered a 9 x 7 OMC moissanite with 2 mm lab diamonds in 14 k rose gold. Bottom of the ring looks thick enough, I went with the cathedral for added stability, profile looks low- which is my preference.
Anyone have any ideas or concerns before I respond her my rep? Thanks you all- pretty excited to try this vendor
@lovedogs @swaye2010 , you guys have been super helpful on this thread. ☺️
I think it looks perfect and almost exactly like mine but rose gold. I had similar measurements too. It’s a very comfortable ring at these measurements and I agree that the cathedral adds some extra strength and stability. The band still looks dainty but feels good. It’s a nice, hefty piece. Can’t wait to see the finished product

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks perfect and almost exactly like mine but rose gold. I had similar measurements too. It’s a very comfortable ring at these measurements and I agree that the cathedral adds some extra strength and stability. The band still looks dainty but feels good. It’s a nice, hefty piece. Can’t wait to see the finished product
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same ring just in a different gold color I sent a couple of CADs from this thread to them for inspiration. I don’t have any diamonds on the head, which I’m totally torn on- one one hand, more sparkle and “secret halos” are lovely, on the other hand, I work a lot with my hands, and handle a lot of files, and I worry that I may loose a little diamond.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was the same ring just in a different gold color I sent a couple of CADs from this thread to them for inspiration. I don’t have any diamonds on the head, which I’m totally torn on- one one hand, more sparkle and “secret halos” are lovely, on the other hand, I work a lot with my hands, and handle a lot of files, and I worry that I may loose a little diamond.
11783F56-DA7C-4064-84F0-310E5DFDB8F6.jpeg
I would say the little stones on the basket are probably the safest. The prongs stick out further and kinda offer a bumper protection as you can see. If anything the pave on the band will take the most abuse from wear.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
11783F56-DA7C-4064-84F0-310E5DFDB8F6.jpeg
I would say the little stones on the basket are probably the safest. The prongs stick out further and kinda offer a bumper protection as you can see. If anything the pave on the band will take the most abuse from wear.
I sent a request to add the small diamonds to the basket. I hope you don’t mind how closely my ring resembles yours. It’s a lovely design :kiss2:
Thank you again for your help!
444C550D-D683-4E29-9D8A-8B9F1C9438E4.jpeg

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I sent a request to add the small diamonds to the basket. I hope you don’t mind how closely my ring resembles yours. It’s a lovely design :kiss2:
Thank you again for your help!
444C550D-D683-4E29-9D8A-8B9F1C9438E4.jpeg
Haha that’s fine! It’s a really beautiful piece and I kinda copied several other designs I had seen and just added the cathedral. Hope it turns out beautifully

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Is anyone else working with Demi?? If so, how has it been working with her?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I am right now. She’s been nice and patient for the most part, but I think she’s juggling a lot. Her last couple of messages to me have felt a little rushed. I requested changes on my original CAD, with revisions I had sent her before I got my CAD, and she got one of the changes, but forgot the other... I don’t think she was thrilled about having to do another version of the CAD, but she wasn’t rude about it either.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
D0668184-65CA-489D-9DF7-34FCACC7077B.jpeg
Final CAD check please. :D
Got my cathedral, got my little diamonds in the basket. I don’t see any red flags and am ready to give her the go ahead. I will be requesting pics of my stone before they set it.

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I am working with her at the moment. I like that I can negotiate with her. I would say time wise she is okay, but I’m keeping my expectations low with regards to that.

jso72

Rough_Rock
20190520_165323.jpg 20190520_165036.jpg 20190520_165056.jpg
My ring was delivered today (yay!) I'm very happy with it. (please ignore the swollen /dry hands!) 1st pic is w/ my er K/L color. 2nd w/G/H acc. I think it matches the GH better. All my orders were with Demi, I haven't had any problems, she's been really good. I paid for this order on 5/6 & rec'd 5/20. I'm going to order earrings in the JK , I'm very happy with the color.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My ring was delivered today (yay!) I'm very happy with it. (please ignore the swollen /dry hands!) 1st pic is w/ my er K/L color. 2nd w/G/H acc. I think it matches the GH better. All my orders were with Demi, I haven't had any problems, she's been really good. I paid for this order on 5/6 & rec'd 5/20. I'm going to order earrings in the JK , I'm very happy with the color.
Looks great with your ACC. Love the look of the old European cuts. This is on my list too, which doesn’t seem to have any end to it!

jso72

Rough_Rock
@swaye2010
I love your EC & the 3 stone, really I love all your rings! Earrings next on my list, then I will decide on omc 3 stone or the emerald cut. Everything I have is in wg or plat. I'm going to have to start a yellow gold collection.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely ☺️ What size is your ACC? The cut looks so nice

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
These are beautiful!!! :love: She did a great job with your ring. Remind me again, are these JK colored?

Ksparkles87

Rough_Rock

I’ve been working with Demi since early April; I’ve ordered and designed 6 rings with her now and she’s been wonderful through the whole process!

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I hope you can post videos of your oec ring. It looks so lovely!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I got pics of my 9 x 7. I didn’t think the cutlet was going to be so prominent, the stone almost looked windowy to me.
This was what I asked for- and I specifically said I wanted the stone to look like the picture:
99DAE418-106B-44DF-A047-7E43A2B917B8.jpeg
This is what I got:
98070812-EF0F-407B-83EF-E3BE5FC6785E.jpeg

To Demi’s credit, she’s getting me another stone- going to 7.5 x 9 so it looks more like the picture. I was just disappointed to wait 4 days for a custom stone and not have it be what I asked for.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got pics of my 9 x 7. I didn’t think the cutlet was going to be so prominent, the stone almost looked windowy to me.
This was what I asked for- and I specifically said I wanted the stone to look like the picture:
99DAE418-106B-44DF-A047-7E43A2B917B8.jpeg
This is what I got:
98070812-EF0F-407B-83EF-E3BE5FC6785E.jpeg

To Demi’s credit, she’s getting me another stone- going to 7.5 x 9 so it looks more like the picture. I was just disappointed to wait 4 days for a custom stone and not have it be what I asked for.
Yeah, that culet is much bigger and longer than your inspiration pic. But I'm glad she's making it right! I'm also waiting on 2 custom stones and getting nervous!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that culet is much bigger and longer than your inspiration pic. But I'm glad she's making it right! I'm also waiting on 2 custom stones and getting nervous!
She is trying, so I’m not going to get frazzled unless the second stone isn’t right too. It was just disappointing to wait for pictures and really, truly not like the stone. Not getting emotional, but I was disappointed.
I hope yours turn out amazing ❤️ I can’t wait to see pics- you have a really good eye for jewelry l.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
She is trying, so I’m not going to get frazzled unless the second stone isn’t right too. It was just disappointing to wait for pictures and really, truly not like the stone. Not getting emotional, but I was disappointed.
I hope yours turn out amazing ❤️ I can’t wait to see pics- you have a really good eye for jewelry l.
It looks a little longer but I am sure with a new stone it will be better. Everything is blown up in pics. Once you receive the stone in person it is really hard to tell without taking a pic and zooming in.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
It looks a little longer but I am sure with a new stone it will be better. Everything is blown up in pics. Once you receive the stone in person it is really hard to tell without taking a pic and zooming in.
I don’t doubt you; My AVR has a very small culet, and I prefer that look. The big disappointment was that I’ve seen stones from them that look very close the picture, and I sent pictures emphasizing how important the stone looking like the example was.
I am thankful that Demi is working to fix the issue, and don’t mind waiting a few more days for a ring I will love. =)2

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Review on 14k yellow gold ring for omc moissanite...

Just a heads up, I didn’t keep my expectations super high when I bought this setting. Originally I was going to get a custom design with my local jeweler, but when he told me he was booked 2 months out, I decided to go the faster, cheaper route with Starsgem. I sent Demi some inspo photos of what kind of setting I wanted and she quoted me (less than $200 for everything!) and gave me the CAD the day after. After I approved it, it was ready in about 10ish days. Originally, it was ready in a week, but I had a slight issue with the size of the head so it had to go back to the bench to get fixed.

I just got the ring yesterday and had my OMC inserted today. The pros:

- the setting fits my ring finger PERFECTLY
- the claw prongs are perfect. I was afraid they wouldn’t nail it, but they did
- fast turnaround
- great price (less than $250 for the ring, shipping, fees, and local mounting vs $1200 with my jeweler)
- free jewelry box =)2. Didn’t expect this.
- Demi was great with customer service and communication.

The cons (being nitpicky here):
- the setting came to me with the claw prongs turned in (I’ll show a photo below). I would have preferred that the prongs weren’t turned in so the jeweler wouldn’t have to pry them open.
- I was really surprised how light this setting is, even though the CAD states 3.2 grams pre-polish. I know my ring size is small (3.75 US), but my yellow gold bezel ring is heavier and with similar dimensions on the shank. It’s more or less the same weight as my Ivy and Rose setting I bought last February, which is about 2 grams.
- I requested the head to have a visible milgrain around the stone. This is going to be a right hand ring, and I didn’t want this to look like an engagement ring. Now that I have my omc mounted, I cannot see the milgrain face up. Oh, well. I probably would have avoided this issue if I actually had Starsgem do the entire ring in the first place.

I think if this were an engagement/anniversary ring I’d be a lot more picky about the aforementioned “flaws”, but these are fun rings for me. Also for the price I paid, I am pretty happy overall. I wouldn’t hesitate to do another project again.

I’ll attach the CAD for anyone who would like to use it as well as my pics! :D

BE01FDEB-C614-4CF4-9D3D-BEB37643B2AB.jpeg

Setting:

4D161CB4-F144-4374-B7AC-32654699186B.jpeg 94B6CAF7-AAAE-4111-8895-7795C2B6C466.jpeg

Final product:

BDC81BC7-A3AA-433B-9467-5331B3F0C9BA.jpeg A1B882C8-2EC0-4439-82EB-16D422CE053A.jpeg F36C09CB-A664-4DAC-BD73-9507934DA2CE.jpeg

Last edited:

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry you can’t see the milgrain, because that is a really pretty detail, but it still looks great!
Review on 14k yellow gold ring for omc moissanite...

Just a heads up, I didn’t keep my expectations super high when I bought this setting. Originally I was going to get a custom design with my local jeweler, but when he told me he was booked 2 months out, I decided to go the faster, cheaper route with Starsgem. I sent Demi some inspo photos of what kind of setting I wanted and she quoted me (less than $200 for everything!) and gave me the CAD the day after. After I approved it, it was ready in about 10ish days. Originally, it was ready in a week, but I had a slight issue with the size of the head so it had to go back to the bench to get fixed.

I just got the ring yesterday and had my OMC inserted today. The pros:

- the setting fits my ring finger PERFECTLY
- the claw prongs are perfect. I was afraid they wouldn’t nail it, but they did
- fast turnaround
- great price (less than $250 for the ring, shipping, fees, and local mounting vs $1200 with my jeweler)
- free jewelry box =)2. Didn’t expect this.
- Demi was great with customer service and communication.

The cons (being nitpicky here):
- the setting came to me with the claw prongs turned in (I’ll show a photo below). I would have preferred that the prongs weren’t turned in so the jeweler wouldn’t have to pry them open.
- I was really surprised how light this setting is, even though the CAD states 3.2 grams pre-polish. I know my ring size is small (3.75 US), but my yellow gold bezel ring is heavier and with similar dimensions on the shank. It’s more or less the same weight as my Ivy and Rose setting I bought last February, which is about 2 grams.
- I requested the head to have a visible milgrain around the stone. This is going to be a right hand ring, and I didn’t want this to look like an engagement ring. Now that I have my omc mounted, I cannot see the milgrain face up. Oh, well. I probably would have avoided this issue if I actually had Starsgem do the entire ring in the first place.

I think if this were an engagement/anniversary ring I’d be a lot more picky about the aforementioned “flaws”, but these are fun rings for me. Also for the price I paid, I am pretty happy overall. I wouldn’t hesitate to do another project again.

I’ll attach the CAD for anyone who would like to use it as well as my pics! :D

BE01FDEB-C614-4CF4-9D3D-BEB37643B2AB.jpeg

Setting:

4D161CB4-F144-4374-B7AC-32654699186B.jpeg 94B6CAF7-AAAE-4111-8895-7795C2B6C466.jpeg

Final product:

BDC81BC7-A3AA-433B-9467-5331B3F0C9BA.jpeg A1B882C8-2EC0-4439-82EB-16D422CE053A.jpeg F36C09CB-A664-4DAC-BD73-9507934DA2CE.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you can’t see the milgrain, because that is a really pretty detail, but it still looks great!
Thanks! Yeah, I wish I could see the milgrain, but it’s not a total loss as I still really like the ring overall. If I really wanted to do it perfectly I would have sucked it up and done it with my go-to jeweler or one of the recommended PS vendors.

I do want to add that I love the OMC even more now that it’s set! The facets look gorgeous in all light settings and not plasticky at all. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results