shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your input!

A few more questions, if you don’t mind: what’s your opinion on pear rose cuts? And 1mm, 2mm, 3mm moissanite melees? Do they look diamond like?
I like the pear rose cuts from what I have seen online but I haven’t seen one in person. The rose cuts look pretty good in moissanite but I think they either need a bezel or a diamond halo as they could look dull. I have seen a few beautiful ones by NA vendors though and I would probably buy from one of them like Julia B on etsy. I remember this oval that was done by Tianyu late last year. It looks like glass a bit and probably requires cleaning to keep the surface area from going dull....I think someone had bought a pair of earrings as well and they had a lot of pit marks and what looked like tiny bubbles.

AF9F0B46-967F-4F32-A3AE-C97F92B394C0.jpeg

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
It looks great to me and now I'm thinking I should get cushion In hearts and arrows and not brilliant. Of course I'm new to these things. These decisions are so tough. What does everyone else here think from your photo and video I wonder.
Yeah she didn’t send me the greatest picture of it so I can’t even see all the arrows but from what I can see they look nice and not too thin. The video here isn’t the best quality and the one I have is much better and I can say the stone looks reallllly good. Very sparkly and faces up white

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
44A78DFB-91F4-487D-9EB0-992A59D2D579.jpeg A3DBEEA3-350B-4A04-8586-C57D4EC277A4.jpeg
I just received these two CADs from Demi earlier for the two rings I ordered, opinions are appreciated:)

I would like to wear these two rings together as a stack. I have asked Demi if they will sit flush, but she doesn’t seem to understand my question.

Inspiration rings are from Blue Nile
https://www.bluenile.com/ca/build-y...old_56003?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample
I think they will sit next to each other w/o a huge problem but there will obviously be some gaps because of the infinity shaped band. It does look like the head will be out of the way though. You can ask her to put the band next to the e-ring on the CAD so you can see how they sit side by side. I would bump up that bottom measurement on your e-ring from 1.5 to 1.8 mm for your finger size. Especially since you want the two bands to be worn together and the other one is 2.2 mm. It will make them line up a bit better.Also tell SG that you want them to ‘end’ at these measurements on the CAD after polishing.

I noticed on the band that they put 4# in the center and that usually indicates the size so I would fix that to be sure. You don’t want to end up with a size 4 ring if they make a mistake. The rest looks good!

wingyee

Rough_Rock
I think they will sit next to each other w/o a huge problem but there will obviously be some gaps because of the infinity shaped band. It does look like the head will be out of the way though. You can ask her to put the band next to the e-ring on the CAD so you can see how they sit side by side. I would bump up that bottom measurement on your e-ring from 1.5 to 1.8 mm for your finger size. Especially since you want the two bands to be worn together and the other one is 2.2 mm. It will make them line up a bit better.Also tell SG that you want them to ‘end’ at these measurements on the CAD after polishing.

I noticed on the band that they put 4# in the center and that usually indicates the size so I would fix that to be sure. You don’t want to end up with a size 4 ring if they make a mistake. The rest looks good!

Thanks for your respond! The size and the thickness are also the two things i noticed when i received theCADs. I have ordered US size 4 for both rings, she mentioned the 11# on the 1st CAD is hong kong ring sizing. However, it is still incorrect size as 11# is equivalent to US 5.

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I don’t know much about the pears but I have heard some complaints that the smaller melee doesn’t sparkle too much. I’m getting 2mm melee to see if that helps. My ring should hopefully be done sometime next week so here’s to hoping the 2mm melee have lots of sparkle

So excited to see the final product!!!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
So excited to see the final product!!!
Me too but I was just checking the CAD again and realized the stones they chose for the halo are 1.2mm and that’s wayyyy too small imo so now I’m going to have to get grace to fix that even if it means re-making the ring

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your respond! The size and the thickness are also the two things i noticed when i received theCADs. I have ordered US size 4 for both rings, she mentioned the 11# on the 1st CAD is hong kong ring sizing. However, it is still incorrect size as 11# is equivalent to US 5.
I would definitely bring the size on the CAD to their attention as I can already foresee what will happen. There isn’t much to do about the band because you need a certain thickness to accommodate the moissanites. It isn’t a huge deal if they are not exactly the same thickness of width but it is better to try to get them close for the best fit. Since you have a pretty small finger size you don’t have to go up to 1.8 mm but that is the measurement that most custom designers use. Some people like it a little thinner and go with 1.6 mm but anything less than that can get dents and misshapen over time. If it were me, I would go with 1.8 mm for the best fit. It will be a really solid and long lasting ring. Whatever you decide, make sure that you tell SG that you want it to end at that measurement because there are times when they polish it down more than what is stated on the CAD.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Well I’m starting to get really uneasy. I messaged grace about the halo stones being too small. She said they already made it and not to worry because it’s shiny. I asked if I could see pictures and she hasn’t responded yet. This plus her telling me she couldn’t send pictures of my stone on white paper yesterday are making me feel untrusting like something shady is going on. I also want to point out I asked specifically to see the setting before they put the stone in and she never sent me pictures

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Well I’m starting to get really uneasy. I messaged grace about the halo stones being too small. She said They already made it and not to worry because it’s shiny. I asked if I could see pictures and she hasn’t responded yet. This plus her telling me she couldn’t send pictures of my stone on white paper yesterday are making me feel untrusting like something shady is going on.

I wouldn’t feel uneasy, and I’m sure it’s just the language barrier. This isn’t the first time they’ve not gotten pics and/or videos to the customer at their request. I honestly think also that things are just handled differently overseas than in North America (customer service wise) and not being able to understand one another doesn’t help.

As far as the halo melee size, she’s probably thinking you’re having second thoughts. Like you want them bigger so you can see the facets and they’ll sparkle more. Also, the CAD states 1.2mm so now that it’s been approved I’m not sure how they’ll handle it. That might be what she meant by telling you it’s already been produced, her way of saying no changes can be made. They’ve been good with issues I’ve seen pop up in the past, but I haven’t read about anyone wanting it redone when they did what was represented on an approved CAD. This is a slightly different situation in that respect.

If the stone isn’t truly colorless, I feel confident they’ll do something about it, but you’ll definitely want to see pics and videos before it gets sent to you to avoid the hassle of shipping it back.

I hope you have a favorable outcome! Keep us posted!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn’t feel uneasy, and I’m sure it’s just the language barrier. This isn’t the first time they’ve not gotten pics and/or videos to the customer at their request. I honestly think also that things are just handled differently overseas than in North America (customer service wise) and not being able to understand one another doesn’t help.

As far as the halo melee size, she’s probably thinking you’re having second thoughts. Like you want them bigger so you can see the facets and they’ll sparkle more. Also, the CAD states 1.2mm so now that it’s been approved I’m not sure how they’ll handle it. That might be what she meant by telling you it’s already been produced, her way of saying no changes can be made. They’ve been good with issues I’ve seen pop up in the past, but I haven’t read about anyone wanting it redone when they did what was represented on an approved CAD. This is a slightly different situation in that respect.

If the stone isn’t truly colorless, I feel confident they’ll do something about it, but you’ll definitely want to see pics and videos before it gets sent to you to avoid the hassle of shipping it back.

I hope you have a favorable outcome! Keep us posted!
I definitely am having second thoughts. I didn’t realize how small 1.2mm is. I’ve never really worked around jewelry before and that’s why I specifically asked for pictures of everything before it was set so we could avoid a situation like this. Overall I just feel slightly irritated and I’ve asked to see pictures of the ring since she said they’re finished with it. I would gladly pay extra to have it re-done in a way id like since it’s going to be my engagement ring.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely am having second thoughts. I didn’t realize how small 1.2mm is. I’ve never really worked around jewelry before and that’s why I specifically asked for pictures of everything before it was set so we could avoid a situation like this. Overall I just feel slightly irritated and I’ve asked to see pictures of the ring since she said they’re finished with it. I would gladly pay extra to have it re-done in a way id like since it’s going to be my engagement ring.
I would see what the pictures look like when it is done. It is different when working with them as they work fast and once you approve the CAD, it will go into production. It says a few pages back that it was the final CAD. I think it would have been great to see a pic of the stone but if you are unhappy with that, it is not a huge deal to change the stone out before it gets shipped. I am not sure they offer a cushion in a type of H&A cut though. I think the only option is a brilliant cut unless this is new?

Changing the melee is a bigger deal and the ring would have to be remade. If people start the process from the beginning, we usually say to figure out what you want before making contact. If you are not used to dealing with these teeny tiny details, I know it can get frustrating but some of this can get fixed. It is Sunday over there right now which is usually the only day they have off so you might not hear back right away unless she is responding outside the office hours.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I would see what the pictures look like when it is done. It is different when working with them as they work fast and once you approve the CAD, it will go into production. It says a few pages back that it was the final CAD. I think it would have been great to see a pic of the stone but if you are unhappy with that, it is not a huge deal to change the stone out before it gets shipped. I am not sure they offer a cushion in a type of H&A cut though. I think the only option is a brilliant cut unless this is new?

Changing the melee is a bigger deal and the ring would have to be remade. If people start the process from the beginning, we usually say to figure out what you want before making contact. If you are not used to dealing with these teeny tiny details, I know it can get frustrating but some of this can get fixed. It is Sunday over there right now which is usually the only day they have off so you might not hear back right away unless she is responding outside the office hours.
She told me they could do a hearts and arrow cute. She sent me a picture but when I asked for more she said it was already sent back to the factory. I wanted to see the setting too but apparently the ring is already made. I know I asked at least twice and stressed the importance of seeing the stone and setting before it was all put together. She told me the ring was done and now she’s saying I’ll get pictures next week.

Attachments

• 9D87D9D7-0C90-4ABA-B1B6-4DFBEF1D9CAF.png
    9D87D9D7-0C90-4ABA-B1B6-4DFBEF1D9CAF.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 26

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
She told me they could do a hearts and arrow cute. She sent me a picture but when I asked for more she said it was already sent back to the factory. I wanted to see the setting too but apparently the ring is already made. I know I asked at least twice and stressed the importance of seeing the stone and setting before it was all put together. She told me the ring was done and now she’s saying I’ll get pictures next week.
As I mentioned, the center stone can be changed out if you are unhappy with it. They have done it before. I don’t think anyone has been shown a setting before the stones are set because once the setting is made, you can’t change the stone size after the fact in regards to the halo. Part of the problem besides the language is that we are on the opposite sides of a day. If you email them, then factory may have already moved forward with production. They work on very tight schedules. Just make sure that you see it before it ships out.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
As I mentioned, the center stone can be changed out if you are unhappy with it. They have done it before. I don’t think anyone has been shown a setting before the stones are set because once the setting is made, you can’t change the stone size after the fact in regards to the halo. Part of the problem besides the language is that we are on the opposite sides of a day. If you email them, then factory may have already moved forward with production. They work on very tight schedules. Just make sure that you see it before it ships out.
I usually stay up until 5am due to my current schedule so I’m always able to message back. I told grace I would be willing to pay extra for their inconvenience to have it made with 1.4mm stones. She said she will get back to me with a quote tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out okay

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I like the pear rose cuts from what I have seen online but I haven’t seen one in person. The rose cuts look pretty good in moissanite but I think they either need a bezel or a diamond halo as they could look dull. I have seen a few beautiful ones by NA vendors though and I would probably buy from one of them like Julia B on etsy. I remember this oval that was done by Tianyu late last year. It looks like glass a bit and probably requires cleaning to keep the surface area from going dull....I think someone had bought a pair of earrings as well and they had a lot of pit marks and what looked like tiny bubbles.

AF9F0B46-967F-4F32-A3AE-C97F92B394C0.jpeg

Pit marks and bubbles! The horror!!!

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your input!

A few more questions, if you don’t mind: what’s your opinion on pear rose cuts? And 1mm, 2mm, 3mm moissanite melees? Do they look diamond like?

I have a pear rose cut being shipped to me this week. It is from Mona so I will start a different thread about it but I am excited to see it.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Well Grace got back and sent me an updated cad and said they’d be able to change the halo size stones to 1.5mm instead of 1.2mm!

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I have a pear rose cut being shipped to me this week. It is from Mona so I will start a different thread about it but I am excited to see it.

Looking forward to seeing a video and pictures of your stone and your opinion on these rose cuts.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
C5BFF77C-039A-41F9-8004-02A240817AB8.jpeg 398E1AE6-F72B-4ABC-AE14-2B0A4B2111D2.jpeg

FINAL CAD. Grace has been so patient. We’ve had multiple miscommunications probably due to the language barrier but we have finally got it right. My ring inspo is the top picture. fingers crossed it comes out beautifully. Very grateful for the great customer service. We decided on 1.4mm stones and they rounded the corners of the halo. The prongs will be claw shaped.

cressyrose

Rough_Rock

I received a video of my finished ring! It's not perfect, since communicating with Vivian has been very difficult, but it's still so pretty! So excited!!

zeebo56

Rough_Rock

IMG-20190313-WA0000.jpg IMG-20190313-WA0001.jpg

So this is supposed to be a 7x9.5 DE radiant and a 8x10 DE brilliant cushion cut. Is it me or do these not look DE color, especially the cushion cut?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG-20190313-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190313-WA0000.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20190313-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190313-WA0001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock

So this is supposed to be a 7x9.5 DE radiant and a 8x10 DE brilliant cushion cut. Is it me or do these not look DE color, especially the cushion cut?

Any thoughts?
Wow the cushion looks really yellow. That is super worrying considering im getting a GH color cushion from them and grace conveniently couldnt send me pictures of it on a white background.

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
Wow the cushion looks really yellow. That is super worrying considering im getting a GH color cushion from them and grace conveniently couldnt send me pictures of it on a white background.

I definitely noticed the cushion looking very yellow. And one video is 2 cushions, not even my two stones so these pictures and videos have me very skeptical of what I ordered.

I asked for pictures on white paper and she said she might reply tomorrow. So who knows.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

Any thoughts?
They look like one colorless and one near colorless stone. Not two different stones. I haven’t heard of Vivian before so she must be new. If you are having real problems getting your point across, I would speak to Cherry.

zeebo56

Rough_Rock
They look like one colorless and one near colorless stone. Not two different stones. I haven’t heard of Vivian before so she must be new. If you are having real problems getting your point across, I would speak to Cherry.

I'll see how the communication is tonight. But what I meant by two stones is one video has 2 cushions so I wouldn't even know which is mine and the other video has a radiant cut that looks decent but the cushion is definitely yellow that is in the same video.

I'll update as I figure this out.

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
This is the pendant I ordered... it had more fire before the setting... what do u think? IMG-20190313-WA0001.jpg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 Have you ordered any elongated ACCs from anyone other than SG? I can’t keep up with all your projects :lol:

I love the facet pattern of the 10x9 @greenteabiscuit had made. I’m not sure if it’s the proportions of the stone, but the culet is shorter than a lot of others I’ve seen. The only change is I’m hoping they can round the corners out just a *tiny* bit more. I’m also going smaller at 8x7, even though I wear a size 8. I just think 9x8 will be too much for me, personally.

I figured if anyone knew what they were capable of with customizing cuts, it was you! :geek2: I thought I saw youd mentioned that you had one cut more square and one more rounded, but then again, I read a LOT on here and have a terrible memory. :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results