shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite rings from Starsgem on ebay (starsgem8)

7E5A00A6-9D11-4DC8-9F15-AC7F4F461B67.jpeg
Hi all! I’m normally a Wb tramp but noted some awesome posts here so wanted to come across.
I’m waiting (not very patiently) for a dark green forest moissy with half moons in yellow gold — like inspiration above with with double prongs on centre stone and am agonising over a band to go with it. I’m leaning to plain but it will get quite lost i’d Imagine with this honker so it has to be different or unusual to hold its own.
I’ve been through tonnes of sites to find inspiration and I keep leaning towards plain metal yellow gold something either textured of curved. Or with engraving or leaves coming off or something..
What do you think?
I have gone over brilliant earth, vinny&Charles and kenanddanadesigns and I am gravitating towards leaf motifs or engraved bands

Muimui

Rough_Rock
The G/H color is still very white. I think the ACC is a little different because you get a mirrored effect which is kind of the steely grey color mentioned. In natural light though, they look very white to me and have that depth. If you love really white stones though, then go for the DEF.

I have had 3 so far but here is one that is a good representation of G/H color.
32A9BA10-EF4D-414C-87C4-BE3AD2522854.jpeg
Mine is DEF- if you want it truly white, then DEF is a good option. I just got a GH round from SG and I like the steely color it has.
Here is a GH round- apples and oranges in terms of cut, but both moissanite from the same vendor
The steely colour that you and anangel refer to, does that only show up in GH colours?
I had some CZs that are DEF and they can sometimes look plastic which is what I'm trying to avoid. Seems like GH might be the way to go....

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
The steely colour that you and anangel refer to, does that only show up in GH colours?
I had some CZs that are DEF and they can sometimes look plastic which is what I'm trying to avoid. Seems like GH might be the way to go....
I think the DEF color is an icy white/blue color. The steely grey color in the G/H is not because the moissanite itself is grey, it is just because you get this mirrored effect from this particular cut. I don’t really see it in other cuts quite as much other then a bit in the OEC. It seems to be much the same whether getting it from Starsagem or like my friend’s one from August Vintage. There really is no ‘yellow’ or even grey color to the stone It is mostly white like my other pic or in dim light you get a mirror effect like the pic’s below.

This is a close up of my latest one:
F5EAB184-5E8D-4FD0-BCE2-8E1DB56DBB38.jpeg

This is one from my friend’s AV stone which is also in G/H:
1154A845-E72D-497C-9416-42928A92EA29.jpeg

I think most people prefer the G/H in this cut but I guess it is up to you on what you find most appealing.

Attachments

• 91A44A74-D434-4A59-8305-A9C0A0655A3B.jpeg
    91A44A74-D434-4A59-8305-A9C0A0655A3B.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 36

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
7E5A00A6-9D11-4DC8-9F15-AC7F4F461B67.jpeg
Hi all! I’m normally a Wb tramp but noted some awesome posts here so wanted to come across.
I’m waiting (not very patiently) for a dark green forest moissy with half moons in yellow gold — like inspiration above with with double prongs on centre stone and am agonising over a band to go with it. I’m leaning to plain but it will get quite lost i’d Imagine with this honker so it has to be different or unusual to hold its own.
I’ve been through tonnes of sites to find inspiration and I keep leaning towards plain metal yellow gold something either textured of curved. Or with engraving or leaves coming off or something..
What do you think?
I have gone over brilliant earth, vinny&Charles and kenanddanadesigns and I am gravitating towards leaf motifs or engraved bands
Hey girl! Nice to finally see you over here!! (Angel Waye)

You know I love everything engraved so I think a wheat etched band would be beautiful. There are also a lot of floral inspired rings on CVB. Since the stone is dark, you could do yellow gold but then add black rhodium plating to antique it. Look at Single Stone for inspiration line that.

Could do a small 5 stone ring or bezel eternity band with alternating lab diamonds and green mossies. Depends on how matched you want it to be. A bezel set will at least save your prongs. There are So many combo’s with 3 stone rings, there really is no wrong choice.

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
@Megra_amazona
Thank you for that video! That is even more than I was looking for and perfect for what I need to know. Those marquise are beautiful, but yes, I can see the yellow. Now I know that if I choose a marquise (leaning there this morning)
to go for something whiter. Thanks again!

Yeah, i bought quite alot of IJ marquise moissanites from starsgem in different sizes and i’m having them set in rosegold rings, bangles and a necklace. Quite worried that the rosegold will make the stones even yellower, let’s see how it’ll turn out.

Lesson learned, go for GH stones next time. Warm but not yellowish.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone else had a tough time getting a response from Starsgem lately? Over the last couple weeks I’ve emailed Jocie once, emailed Demi twice and messaged Demi on WhatsApp with no response. I only messaged Demi last night, so I’m hoping to eventually get a response from that. I guess they are just super busy?

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I guess Demi has been really ill. She started reassigning her orders last night. Why don’t you try Lucy at WhatsApp number +86 181 7740 5297.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I guess Demi has been really ill. She started reassigning her orders last night. Why don’t you try Lucy at WhatsApp number +86 181 7740 5297.
Oh no, that’s awful! Thanks for the tip, though, I will definitely reach out to Lucy.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I'm talking with Sue about getting a ring made from this inspiration. However, I'm on the fence about what to do with the prongs and I want to have everything thought out before I get the CAD made. I also think I just want to go with whatever Starsgem will execute the best. Emerald 3-stone.jpg
So, looking for opinions on both the center and side stones.
1. On the center stone, would you do the tab prongs, pointy tabs (maybe my favorite idea), or something safe like double claw prongs that Starsgem does often?
2. For the side stones, how many prongs would you do? The moissanites will be 5.5mm. The picture looks to me to have about 10 very small prongs on each side. Do you think I should reduce it, to maybe even to 5 or 4?

I find that I'm pretty particular about prongs. If they are at all bulky, I'll be bothered by it.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm talking with Sue about getting a ring made from this inspiration. However, I'm on the fence about what to do with the prongs and I want to have everything thought out before I get the CAD made. I also think I just want to go with whatever Starsgem will execute the best. Emerald 3-stone.jpg
So, looking for opinions on both the center and side stones.
1. On the center stone, would you do the tab prongs, pointy tabs (maybe my favorite idea), or something safe like double claw prongs that Starsgem does often?
2. For the side stones, how many prongs would you do? The moissanites will be 5.5mm. The picture looks to me to have about 10 very small prongs on each side. Do you think I should reduce it, to maybe even to 5 or 4?

I find that I'm pretty particular about prongs. If they are at all bulky, I'll be bothered by it.
I like the tiny prongs on the side stones. It gives it a real antique look to it. I am not sure if you are doing all moissanites or if the center will be a hydrothermal emerald? On your inspiration, the center stone and the side stones are all about the same size. If you are doing smaller side stones compared to the center, you could probably reduce them down to 6-8 tiny prongs. I wouldn’t go down to 4 or it will square off the look too much.

For the center, I think just a single pair of pointy prongs would be enough. I think since the side stones are ‘prong heavy’ that adding extra in the center is not necessary.

Hey girl! Nice to finally see you over here!! (Angel Waye)

You know I love everything engraved so I think a wheat etched band would be beautiful. There are also a lot of floral inspired rings on CVB. Since the stone is dark, you could do yellow gold but then add black rhodium plating to antique it. Look at Single Stone for inspiration line that.

Could do a small 5 stone ring or bezel eternity band with alternating lab diamonds and green mossies. Depends on how matched you want it to be. A bezel set will at least save your prongs. There are So many combo’s with 3 stone rings, there really is no wrong choice.
Girrrrl you always have the best ideas.
I bought some cheapy good filled bands the other day from an Etsy seller in Australia to have something to wear with it for now while I decide what I want. I reeaaally want an engraved band but domed. Abit of rhodium would actually make my heart leap. I love that look.
I think stacking with it is the best option so i’m saving lots of different ideas and will get cherry to help me once I restock the ring fund. It’s taking quite a hit with the ruby recut and set and now my platinum ring needing to be retipped. Deciding I like gold over silver and platinum has become super expensive for me too. I’m having to build my earring and necklace base from the ground up in gold. Bye bye money :mrgreen2::cry2:
I’m sooooo keen to have a small delicate bezel lab diamond necklace made by cherry too.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I like the tiny prongs on the side stones. It gives it a real antique look to it. I am not sure if you are doing all moissanites or if the center will be a hydrothermal emerald? On your inspiration, the center stone and the side stones are all about the same size. If you are doing smaller side stones compared to the center, you could probably reduce them down to 6-8 tiny prongs. I wouldn’t go down to 4 or it will square off the look too much.

For the center, I think just a single pair of pointy prongs would be enough. I think since the side stones are ‘prong heavy’ that adding extra in the center is not necessary.
Yes, I am doing a hydrothermal emerald center. I’m not doing all three stones exactly the same size quite like the pic—I’m doing 7mm on the emerald and 5.5mm on the moissanites. I like the tiny prongs, too, I just hope they will be tiny enough. I think going down in number a bit is probably a good idea. I like the idea of 6 or 8. Now that you mention it, I think you’re right that the double claw in the center would be overkill. I’ll stick to single prongs and see if I can get them pointy rather than the more square tab.

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I asked Demi a few weeks ago how much a 1 carat lab diamond GH would be, she quoted $1980. I remember her first quote a few months ago was $1680...sadly I was hoping the prices would go lower as more companies offer the same product.

But I recently saw this on my IG feed about cvd diamonds. Can this be real?

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
Granted its SI2, but $599 for a 1 carat lab diamond? 5F734C5C-E807-4579-ACBA-653B2BFEE1FF.png

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
634F14EA-7D7D-4B85-8CC2-22FC612E75C2.jpeg 65C323B8-4281-4596-9E60-52E3CCFAD965.jpeg @swaye2010 I found these today and immediately thought of your aqua marine
I think that SG has two prices for the lab diamonds. One will be for something closer to colorless, VS2 excellent cut and then they have a 2nd price for their near colorless Si2. I am not sure if the price has gone up but I know you can get a quote for the two different quality lab diamonds. I think they quote for what they have in stock at the time.

I don’t know if the one quoted at $599 has any video’s? I don’t have a problem with Si2 in that size if it is eye clean. It becomes a bigger problem when they start getting over 1 carat for me but it depends on what you are going to do with it. Maybe that person bought some at dealer prices from that show and is reselling them. I would ask for videos and to make sure it is actually a lab diamond and not moissanite. You just never know sometimes.

Thank you for the suggestion on the aquamarine. I downloaded a great app over the weekend (called cut and paste) that allows me to cut the stone and place it into pictures so I have a bunch of different settings that are great examples. I am not sure which one I am going to pick yet until I talk to the jeweler today. It depends on the design and price so we will see.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
634F14EA-7D7D-4B85-8CC2-22FC612E75C2.jpeg 65C323B8-4281-4596-9E60-52E3CCFAD965.jpeg @swaye2010 I found these today and immediately thought of your aqua marine

Ugh...I stumbled across that Erstwhile ring with the moval side stones recently and I almost died. I am absolutely in love with it! I think one of those wonky cushion Moissanite would look amazing with the moval shoulders. Or I could just drop $142k for that one :shock:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh...I stumbled across that Erstwhile ring with the moval side stones recently and I almost died. I am absolutely in love with it! I think one of those wonky cushion Moissanite would look amazing with the moval shoulders. Or I could just drop $142k for that one :shock:
That’s funny that I have another Erswhile ring on my list of settings that has a wonky cushion. I don’t know if it will look as good with an Asscher and modern rounds for side stones. I have to see what the jeweler comes back with but I will post a pic when it is narrowed down. I just want to get started! It is the only time I look forward to Monday’s!

If I don’t hear about my ring soon I will cry. I need some news. I need to see it. I need to love all over it and know it’s in DHL. I need to stalk online for days until it’s at my front door.
I am losing my damn mind over this ring.:lol::(2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
If I don’t hear about my ring soon I will cry. I need some news. I need to see it. I need to love all over it and know it’s in DHL. I need to stalk online for days until it’s at my front door.
I am losing my damn mind over this ring.:lol::(2
Are you getting undelivered messages from Cherry? I sent her a WhatsApp because other people are having problems too. Not sure if it is server issues or if it is just being blocked from the US. There is a lot going on politically there right now too which isn’t great.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been messaging Lucy and they’ve been going through for the past couple of days. I’ll ask her if she knows anything.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Are you getting undelivered messages from Cherry? I sent her a WhatsApp because other people are having problems too. Not sure if it is server issues or if it is just being blocked from the US. There is a lot going on politically there right now too which isn’t great.

Who is everyone unable to contact? Lucy acts like this is news to her. I just mentioned Cherry, but are there other reps that messages and emails aren’t going through to?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Lucy said on Sunday their emails weren’t working but they’re ok now. Anyone who sent emails in the past couple of days with no response, I’d suggest resending. Hope this helps!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Lucy said on Sunday their emails weren’t working but they’re ok now. Anyone who sent emails in the past couple of days with no response, I’d suggest resending. Hope this helps!
Yeah, I tried today but it still didn’t work. The one on reddit was from a few days ago and was still happening. I told everyone to move over to WhatsApp but it would still be nice to have an email list for everyone with WhatsApp numbers included because they have had such a staff change. I only have the WhatsApp for Lucy and Jocie now.

57634086-902C-4561-92E5-00D63AA2950E.jpeg 14A2C000-B2A8-4F30-9CB4-D9ACA7F5A9E4.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I tried today but it still didn’t work. The one on reddit was from a few days ago and was still happening. I told everyone to move over to WhatsApp but it would still be nice to have an email list for everyone with WhatsApp numbers included because they have had such a staff change. I only have the WhatsApp for Lucy and Jocie now.

57634086-902C-4561-92E5-00D63AA2950E.jpeg 14A2C000-B2A8-4F30-9CB4-D9ACA7F5A9E4.jpeg

That’s crazy that it’s completely down! I can let Lucy know so maybe she can relay the message to Cherry. Did you say Cherry’s WhatsApp isn’t working either?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I had Cherry’s contact saved in my phone from when I was messaging her previously. It’s +86 189 7748 6191

Oh how crazy! Yep I spoke to her on email this morning ..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results