Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last 3...

dsc_0398.jpg

dsc_0400.jpg

dsc_0390.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Interesting in the first set of photos how some of the pearls seem greenish, some bluish and some pinkish...

They look very nice on your neck IMO :))

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
When we saw these special pearls in July, Jeremy said they have a green undertone. I love my strand of metallics. It is round and the orient of the pearls is out of this world. It makes all the other white strands I own look dull and lifeless, which I didn't think until I set them next to the metallics.

I am anxiously awaiting the 9.5mm metallic earrings Jeremy and 4ranchgirl selected when she went shopping a few weeks ago. I love the Romance settings. They are very well made findings and I like the fact I can hear and feel them snap shut when I put them on. I have too many sets of studs, so these are just perfect for me.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
erinl,
you are right .I think I got one of second tier ones .

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
baby nurse|1353205319|3309106 said:
Last 3...
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Love , love, love :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1353205674|3309112 said:
Interesting in the first set of photos how some of the pearls seem greenish, some bluish and some pinkish...

They look very nice on your neck IMO :))

Thank you for the compliment, Begonia!

Yes, it is interesting how some pearls appear green, others pink etc. Other than 1 pink pearl in the larger strand, the color variation is hardly noticeable in real life.

Are you any closer to a decision re your metallics? It kind of sounds as though your freshadama strand complements you better, but the luster on your metallics sounds so lovely! I sure would like to see a comparison picture but totally understand temperamental cameras.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1353269760|3309548 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
baby nurse|1353205319|3309106 said:
Last 3...
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Love , love, love :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations

Thank you, 4Ranch Girl!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm really torn b.n.

The metallics are just so darn cool ya know? I was initially thinking of getting a long strand of the smallest size they have in stock - for double or maybe triple looping. I've got a hankering for small pearls lately. The lustre on the smaller is frequently sharper too, which charms me totally.

Many tell me to go big or go home though, and being a gal of a certain age (btwn me and thee I'm 46), small is dicey. I'm starting to think hogwash myself. I'm a landscaper by trade and I can tell you it's all about scale. I think that is true of jewellery as well. I can pull off the delicate stuff with my build no problemo.

Of course the family has just moved into a new house. Holy sweeholy the expenses just don't stop.

Then, just today, the compressor on the fridge is making noises. That bad boy is 15 years old and needs replacing.

Soooo, where the $#@% am I going with all this you ask?

I forget.

Between me and thee, I'm flashin' like a son of a gun, and frequently lose my train of thought.

Right pearls.

Actually, I'd like to sell the freshadamas and send back the metallics and get a small strand of metallics I think, but I've no idea how to sell them.

Thanks for listening b.n... :wink2:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia, at the risk of sounding bossy...

Call PP ASAP and find out if they have any nice strands of the smaller metallics left. If they do, order them, and if you like them more, send your 8-8.5mm strand back! You'll wonder if you don't at least get to see them.

good luck!

syd

Shiny_Rock
I've ordered two 35 inch strands... one in the 5.5-6mm and the other in the 7.5-8mm. I'm thinking they could be worn together as opera length strands, or doubled and layered. the smaller one could be worn as a bracelet wrapped around several times. I basically wanted lots of options. I have a 9-9.5mm freshadama strand, and I find I don't wear it much because its not versatile and so formal looking. Jeremy kindly offered to look at the strands for me and give his opinion on the lustre and shape of the pearls. He said the shape is equivalent to their AAA quality and the lustre is on par with the strands they had during the ruckus. I will not see them until December when I visit my sister (I'm having them shipped to her in the US). I hope I love them though, and don't have to return them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begonia, the nice thing re smaller pearls is that wearing multiple strands is more of an option...or a longer opera length even tripled around the neck. me? no way. age and body build = no go for that look.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
syd|1353338779|3310113 said:
I've ordered two 35 inch strands... one in the 5.5-6mm and the other in the 7.5-8mm. I'm thinking they could be worn together as opera length strands, or doubled and layered. the smaller one could be worn as a bracelet wrapped around several times. I basically wanted lots of options. I have a 9-9.5mm freshadama strand, and I find I don't wear it much because its not versatile and so formal looking. Jeremy kindly offered to look at the strands for me and give his opinion on the lustre and shape of the pearls. He said the shape is equivalent to their AAA quality and the lustre is on par with the strands they had during the ruckus. I will not see them until December when I visit my sister (I'm having them shipped to her in the US). I hope I love them though, and don't have to return them.
Wow is all I can say. 2 strands is going to be wonderful. 2 weeks ago when I visited PP I wore my white metallic strand I got from the RUCKUS which we used to compare the luster of the new batch to what he had in July. They were the same. Please post a picture when you have all your strands on.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
4RanchGirl, I'm glad to hear you say that about these new metallics. I just hope my stand has nice round ones with that fantastic luster. I simply can't afford hanadamas right now and want these to tide me over.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I bought two 16" necklaces to compare - the 8.0-8.5mm metallics and a 8.0-9.0mm AAA regular freshwater. I don't have a strand larger than 7.5, so I wanted to go as big as I could on my budget. The metallics I got have a pinkish overtone (I think that's how you'd describe it) perhaps because I asked for something that would most likely go with my blonde/caucasian skin tone. They have some blemishes here and there, but it's not very noticeable unless you're scrutinizing them up close. Unless I am no judge at all, the metallics are very round. I am no preferred customer (so to speak) and ordered these straight from the website, so don't despair anyone who thinks you have to go to the Pearl Paradise show room to get a perfect-for-you strand. The regular freshwaters are also beautiful, but definitely look more flat next to the metallics. In the pictures, though, there is not so much difference. I think I will keep the metallics. What do you think?

left_8-8.jpg
metallics left, AAA freshwater right
8-8.jpg
8.0-8.5 metallics
8-9mm_freshwater.jpg
8.0-9.0 AAA freshwater
top_8-9mm_freshwater_-_bottom_8-8.jpg
freshwater top, metallics bottom

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you keep the metallics. Great side by side pictures. It is good to see the diffrence between the luster of these types of pearls. The luster is what makes these metallic strands so outstanding. I was reading on another forum and the first time there were only 27 in July and 80-90 (I forgot the exact number) this past month. That was all they could find one each of their buying trips. Hopefully these won't be the last ones they bring in.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1353361844|3310426 said:
4RanchGirl, I'm glad to hear you say that about these new metallics. I just hope my stand has nice round ones with that fantastic luster. I simply can't afford hanadamas right now and want these to tide me over.
Jane when you get them remember it is all about the luster.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow, big difference in the side by side photo ( I think).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OT: Does anyone here own any of the lavender metallics?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
On page 2 of this thread is my lavender metallic earrings. I also have a matching pendant.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Mynattk, Beautiful strands. They metallics are really different than your other strand. They both look great on your neck..

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
you're right, they are really different. I guess what I should have said is that in the last picture there, they don't appear very different from each other as far as luster is concerned. Don't know what I was thinking :rodent: The difference in real life is more noticeable. I wore the metallics today and discovered that I don't need a larger mm size to be satisfied. These are just right. I'm very happy with them.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
What I'd really like is to keep them both and wear them as a double strand! I am happy to finally have a classic 16" white strand in my collection, but there is one drawback - there is no chance of seeing the pearls while wearing them unless you pass a shiny, reflective surface.

pearlmad

Rough_Rock
Here are mine, 18 inches 7.5-8mm and 35 inches 7-7.5mm.
Big pearls for earrings are not available to the public. So, I ordered a pair of freshadama 8-9mm to go with these two strands.

019_0.jpg

014_3.jpg

pearlmad

Rough_Rock
Up close pics. They look round and good luster to me. What do you think? These are my first strands from PP. So I have nothing to compare with.

007_5.jpg

002_5.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
mynattk|1353380898|3310717 said:
I bought two 16" necklaces to compare - the 8.0-8.5mm metallics and a 8.0-9.0mm AAA regular freshwater. I don't have a strand larger than 7.5, so I wanted to go as big as I could on my budget. The metallics I got have a pinkish overtone (I think that's how you'd describe it) perhaps because I asked for something that would most likely go with my blonde/caucasian skin tone. They have some blemishes here and there, but it's not very noticeable unless you're scrutinizing them up close. Unless I am no judge at all, the metallics are very round. I am no preferred customer (so to speak) and ordered these straight from the website, so don't despair anyone who thinks you have to go to the Pearl Paradise show room to get a perfect-for-you strand. The regular freshwaters are also beautiful, but definitely look more flat next to the metallics. In the pictures, though, there is not so much difference. I think I will keep the metallics. What do you think?

top_8-9mm_freshwater_-_bottom_8-8.jpg
freshwater top, metallics bottom

Thank you so much for the photos comparing these two strands. It is very helpful, particularly this last photo showing them being worn together. I purchased the 8.0-9.0mm AA+ regular freshwater last spring for a project. The strand is quite beautiful, particularly when I compared them to what my jeweler brought in at triple the price. I was wondering about upgrading to the metallics, but I really need the size of my current strand in this project. Now that I've seen your photo, I am definitely sticking with my current strand. There is a noticable difference in size.

I can see that the metallics are quite gorgeous. Thank you everyone for your photos of your pearls.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mynattk, this comparison is so helpful. The metallics definitely have a lovelier luster than the AAA freshwaters, and they look amazing on you, but I'm glad to hear you're keeping both because the other ones look fabulous on you as well! I don't own a strand of freshadamas. Do you know if they would be superior to the AAA freshwaters, or perhaps very close in quality?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlmad, your pearls are gorgeous. To my eyes, the luster is beautiful! How do you feel about them? Any neck shots?

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
so glad to be of help Fly Girl and Baby Nurse. I'm not certain how much of a difference there is between freshadama and metallics. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject. There have been some helpful comparison pictures posted previously, but I guess there's nothing like seeing them all in person.

I really would have liked to compare freshadama and metallics, but since I wanted something larger than 7.5, the freshadama were out of my price range at the moment. It was either the AAA standard freshwater or the metallics on sale. Glad I got them.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

edit: oops, I guess I didn't answer your question - yes, every source says that the freshadama are superior to the standard AAA freshwater.

leecube

Rough_Rock
OMG, I'm totally loving everyone's metallic freshwater pearls! But I'm curious, do these ever come in larger sizes like 9.0-9.5mm? I'm a teeny tiny person, but for some reason, I like my pearls big! haha.... I see there is a 8.0-8.5mm available now, but I'm hoping for something at least 9.0mm. Does anyone know? Many thanks!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
leecube, Yes, they do. 9.5mm white metallic earrings with romance settings from PP. Just got them this week.
Jeremy will be going shopping again soon. We are hoping he will be able to obtain more large metallics.

_2244.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results