shape
carat
color
clarity

Metallic White Freshwater Pearls at Pearl Paradise

syd

Shiny_Rock
Just purchased a 7.5-8mm 35 inch strand. I had enquired about it a couple of weeks ago, and had been given the same pricing as the "sale" price listed on the specials page. I'm not sure what that means?! Will these be sold in the future at the higher price, or are the higher prices just inflated to make it look like a deal?

For those who have these metallic pearls, is the difference between them and freshadamas/AAA freshies significant?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The white metallic look like the highest quality Akoya Hanadama's. You can check them out on this thread and see side by side comparisons. On the first page are the akoyas next to the metallics and then later look for the picture called "The Battle of the Pearls" to see AAA's, metallic, akoya, south sea, and natural Baharini pearls all side by side.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secrets-of-the-2012-ruckus-2-crazy-pearl-loves-perspective.179191/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secrets-of-the-2012-ruckus-2-crazy-pearl-loves-perspective.179191/[/URL]

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
syd|1351823884|3297164 said:
Just purchased a 7.5-8mm 35 inch strand. I had enquired about it a couple of weeks ago, and had been given the same pricing as the "sale" price listed on the specials page. I'm not sure what that means?! Will these be sold in the future at the higher price, or are the higher prices just inflated to make it look like a deal?

For those who have these metallic pearls, is the difference between them and freshadamas/AAA freshies significant?

This is posted on each of the pages about prices.

'On sale at an introductory price for a limited time!
Pearl Point discounts are not valid on this sale item.'

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those will be gorgeous. If you get them post pics here! I wish I was in the market right now.
I have the white ( well off white) metallic studs from PP and they are a favorite of mine.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am really tempted to get them, but at the same time I really want a white SS strand, and this is going to eat into my pearl fund...gah. decisions decisions!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1351825990|3297181 said:
The white metallic look like the highest quality Akoya Hanadama's. You can check them out on this thread and see side by side comparisons. On the first page are the akoyas next to the metallics and then later look for the picture called "The Battle of the Pearls" to see AAA's, metallic, akoya, south sea, and natural Baharini pearls all side by side.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secrets-of-the-2012-ruckus-2-crazy-pearl-loves-perspective.179191/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secrets-of-the-2012-ruckus-2-crazy-pearl-loves-perspective.179191/[/URL]

It's true about the PP metallics. I held mine next to the mikimoto akoyas at Nordstrom ( you know how they have the grades side by side so you can compare). While they weren't as metallic as their finest grade mikimoto's they held there own next to some of the middle grades for sure. And they are a fraction of the price.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl, your metallic freshwater pearls are heavenly :love: :love: . Apologies if I'm being a bit slow on this... is this something PP is going to stock regularly, and they're on sale now because it's a new item?

syd

Shiny_Rock
Its not always easy to visualize what pearls look like from photos. Here's a few comparison pictures I got from PP. Any guesses as to what the strands are?

_prl5580.jpg

_1665.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Wilma, The prices of these Metallics is wonderful. Anyone can afford to buy them at these killer price points.

SID The bottom photo guess. Pinked Hanadama akoya, Natural hanadama akoya, and Metallic white freshawater.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a strand and a set of studs. :Up_to_something: So happy! :D
Chenai was very helpful on the phone, and went looking for a particularly lustrous strand. Thank you Chenai! :appl:

And thank you to all you lovely ladies who posted about the ruckus and your white metallics.

syd

Shiny_Rock
Keep guessing!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
This is just KILLING me! I want to buy a strand, but I'm going to the BABE show this weekend and will get to visit Kojima, Pacific Pearl, and some other vendors. I'm also taking a knotting class! Sooo...I'm going to wait so I have money for the weekend and if any is leftover, hopefully these won't be all gone. Ack!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1351868021|3297350 said:
Wilma, The prices of these Metallics is wonderful. Anyone can afford to buy them at these killer price points.

SID The bottom photo guess. Pinked Hanadama akoya, Natural hanadama akoya, and Metallic white freshawater.

I was going to guess the same thing. Are the middle strand also fresh waters or something?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I really want to get an opera length strand of pearls. Do you think the smallest size of metallics (5.5-6) would be a waste of money?

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
syd|1351864480|3297313 said:
Its not always easy to visualize what pearls look like from photos. Here's a few comparison pictures I got from PP. Any guesses as to what the strands are?
That second picture with the three strands? They all look like glowing eyed aliens in space helmets.

I know, I'm a :ugeek:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1351905669|3297717 said:
syd|1351864480|3297313 said:
That second picture with the three strands? They all look like glowing eyed aliens in space helmets.

I know, I'm a :ugeek:

This is true! They do look like glowing eyed aliens :lol: !

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Erin, I'm sure it all comes down to personal taste, but I would not like pearls that tiny in any necklace. I had a 36 inch strand that was 7.0-7.5 and exchanged it for 8.0-8.5 because it just didn't look substantial enough for my taste. Of course it was not white metallic either, but it just didn't have that wow factor based on small pearl size, and I am not a large woman. So if it was me, I'd save the opera length for a different purchase (I'm assuming the cost is the issue) and get a larger, shorter strand of white metallics, or a short strand of the small ones and have it made into a double row bracelet even (or just wear it as one) so you could see them all the time. But again, merely my personal opinion. And if you get it, I still want to see it!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks seaurchin, I think I kind of knew the answer when I posted the question. I have a 7 mm, 18 inch strand of mikimoto akoyas, and I don't find myself wearing them as often as I could/should, so getting a strand of freshwaters that might look somewhat similar less than ideal. I wish I knew which length would give me enough of a different look-- 22 inches? or 24? Confused at the moment.. :twirl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
erinl|1351903019|3297696 said:
I really want to get an opera length strand of pearls. Do you think the smallest size of metallics (5.5-6) would be a waste of money?

5.5-6mm are very small pearls for a single strand. My first metallic strands were that size and I returned/exchanged them for the 7-8mm. I actually prefer the 8-8.5 in the opera length. I did have the 6mm 100 inch rope that I added a diamond clasp to and made into a triple strand. I would suggest that you go to a b/m and try on a strand that size and length and see how you feel before placing your order.

Next week I am going to PP and have made a 8-8.5mm 36 inch strand that I can either wear long or double up and add my 18 inch strand that I got this summer.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: I wish I had a pearl budget right now, but alas... I can't wait to see yours!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Syd, Giving it another shot. Bottom pix:
Pinked Hanadama akoya
White body color Freshadama
Metallic white Freshwaters

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting an 18 inch strand of the 7.5-8 mm, and a 20 inch strand of the 8-8.5mm. I was really interested in getting a larger mm strand but apparently the luster on this particular 7.5-8 is nicer than the luster on the 8-8.5 one I'm getting. I guess I'll decide when I see them in person. In any case, I'm excited :appl:

syd

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I wasn't able to post earlier because of some techinical problems.

Nacrelover - you've got two right! Bottom picture, top strand is freshadama with pink overtone, middle is freshadama silver, and bottom strand is the metallic freshwater.

Any guesses on the top picture?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I was just at PP yesterday...In that vault for 6 hours and oh what fun I had :mrgreen: I just wanted to let you all know they have recieved a limated supply of matching earrings. They are going to try and have a permanent line of the metallic necklaces and earrings but it all depends on supply.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4RanchGirl,

do you have any specific person you can recommend that I can work with at PP? I have used their livechat and emailed a specific buyer whom I used to work with at PP regarding getting a pair of metallic freshie earrings, but their customer service seems to be a little below par lately.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
4 ranch girl. Thanks for being my personal shopper yesterday at Pearl Paradise. I can't wait to recieve my new pearls. I am so glad to have you and Jeremy include me in your shopping trip.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Alexiszoe|1352314678|3300632 said:
4RanchGirl,

do you have any specific person you can recommend that I can work with at PP? I have used their livechat and emailed a specific buyer whom I used to work with at PP regarding getting a pair of metallic freshie earrings, but their customer service seems to be a little below par lately.
So sorry you had problems I would call Trevor. He is great!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1352351528|3300961 said:
Alexiszoe|1352314678|3300632 said:
4RanchGirl,

So sorry you had problems I would call Trevor. He is great!

Thanks!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have pictures yet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results