shape
carat
color
clarity

Men!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the way he loads the dishwasher. Most ineffecient use of space EVER! Similarly, I hate the way he unloads the dishwasher as well. I end up with random stuff in the oddest of places...

We too have a laundry fairy. Or at least a fairy that does BOTH of our clothes. If we''re behind on laundry and he decides to do some, he''ll just wash his own stuff.

He has the memory of an Alzheimer patient. For the life of him he can''t remember to do anything that he doesn''t want to do or that wont benefit him in some way. But if it''s something he wants? Well then he''s mister Mensa level memory.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 6:59:02 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
He has the memory of an Alzheimer patient. For the life of him he can''t remember to do anything that he doesn''t want to do or that wont benefit him in some way. But if it''s something he wants? Well then he''s mister Mensa level memory.

Haha, my hubby once called me while he was in line at a take out place to ask if I wanted anything, and I thought "aw, how sweet!", so I told him what I''d like. 20 min later he comes home, plops on the couch, and starts eating his sandwich. I ask him where mine is and he goes "Oops...forgot to get yours". But but but..you called me!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 6:57:23 PM
Author: puppmom
Oh, this is fun! I love DH and he really is a great husband but he does some annoying things too.

-he exaggerates when he can''t hear me. I''ll say something like ''Can you get me my drink out of the bag?'' and he''ll say ''What? What''s making you gag?'' or ''Huh? Does Rick dress in in drag?'' Annoying!

-he also only hears certain words when I give instructions. I''ll say I need pain reliever. Get me anything BUT TYLENOL. I''ll take Motrin, Aleve, Advil. Just DON''T get Tylenol. He''ll come home with Tylenol - probably because I said the word twice.
20.gif

- he stinks at grocery shopping. He''s always close but not quite there - I say get macaroni; he gets penne. I say get low fat; he gets fat free.

-if I''m grumpy, he''ll ask if I have my PMS.
38.gif
OMG, I''m guilty of doing this all the time. I mostly do it just to amuse myself.
40.gif
Now I''ll have to sit and think if I''m annoying him.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 5:29:33 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I don''t know if I ever shared this here, but here''s an example of just how bad DH is with food:

When I was pregnant, I was CRAVING cupcakes in the worst way. The bakery near our house didn''t have any, so he decided to make some for me. We had a chat about the advisability of this but he insisted and went to buy the ingredients. One of them was cream cheese, for the frosting.

That''s how we ended up with lemon cupcakes with a smoked salmon and herb frosting.
I love you, Mrs Mitchell

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I made cookies yesterday, and DH of course wanted to eat half the batch. I guess he was in some kind of reverie, because this was the conversation that went on while he was scarfing down:

Me: Just FYI, they have hazelnuts in them.
Him: Do these have nuts in them?
Me: Yes, they have hazelnuts in them.
Him: What kind of nuts are these?
Me: Hazelnuts.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My pet peeve is inefficiency.

It drives me crazy that DH isn''t more of a multitasker. If you painted the bathroom and it has to dry, you are allowed to do something else while it''s drying. It doesn''t require your undivided attention to make sure it does.

Leaving drawers, doors, etc open also falls into the inefficiency as does leaving laundry, plates, etc within 2 feet of where it actually belongs.

Also, while talking on the phone you can still do other things. The phone doesn''t require that you sit on the couch and give it loving caresses. The person you''re talking to would be completely fine if you put your underwear in the hamper while talking.

DH would say that I''m too much of a multitasker and I don''t focus enough on one project at a time...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 6:59:02 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I hate the way he loads the dishwasher. Most ineffecient use of space EVER! Similarly, I hate the way he unloads the dishwasher as well. I end up with random stuff in the oddest of places...
You and my DH would get along well then. He won''t load any dishes except HIS dishes, then insists on watching me load mine to make sure they are in the correct place. He has so many rules to loading the damn thing, and I swear they are always changing!! Then he says, "here, let me show you how to load it righ." And moves everything I just put in. Or stops me and says, "that doesn''t go there!" As I load it. But then he leaves half the stuff he unloads on the counter because "he doesn''t know where it belongs."

Oh, and another thing about the dishwasher. No matter how many times we have discussed it, he ALWAYS leaves his cereal bowl in the sink, every morning. The milk is sour and gross when I get home from work and have to empty it and put it in the dishwasher.

And if I make him dinner, he expects me to do the dishes. He claims he can''t scrub pots, I do so much better. Like last night, I wanted an artichoke with garlic butter for dinner. He wanted rigatoni. So I made his rigatoni, then made my artichoke and sauce. Afterwards, he put the dishes in the sink, and left the sauce on the stove. I cleaned up MY pots...and after finally asking him, he saidhe would wash his, but they would look dirty.

I really love my DH...we just have major kitchen issues.

He also cannot. I repeat, CANNOt wrap presents to save his life. And he won''t attempt to learn. He thinks if it comes in a plastic or paper bag from the store, that''s all the wrapping you need.

And TGal, count me in for a hubby who won''t give a decent back rub, yet asks me for one daily.

GAH! I feel like now I need to come up with a list of why he is still a great guy! He does keep track of and pay the bills, and handles the yardwork without a complaint. And he even washes all the laundry!! (I fold.) Oh and he is great at vaccuuming the stairs! Ok, I feel better.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I'm dying here.

And just to clarify, we know how great everyone's DHs are...this is just a thread for a fun vent.
9.gif
Don't feel bad about venting, hehehe.

My list grows longer. Another one that I hate is when he says,

"We need to do (fill in the blank)."

I always have to ask "Is this We-we or ME-we?" Like getting cards for his family's birthdays..."we" always have to do that. How is it that I have to do it, but he gives "we" credit?

And he doesn't get down on Amelia's level sometimes. He speaks as if she's an adult. We have a drawing pad where she loves for us to draw things for her. I've drawn Elmos, Dora, the "Map", babies, etc. I went to a page where TGuy did some drawings and I swear to god there were two things:

- A blobby fuzzy thing labeled "amoeba", and
- A right angle triangle with the angles marked 90 degrees

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I'm rolling! I love the stories!

One thing is, if we leave the house and need to go back, doesn't matter if we're 3 houses down, he'll drive the 1 1/2 blocks to the corner (notice, this is actually the 2nd corner), turn, down the block, turn, up the block, turn, down the block, turn, down to our house. And the WHOLE time, I'm about ready to come unglued. Why can't you just whip it into the next driveway you see and back out and TURN AROUND???? If we're out driving and forget to stop wherever, turn onto a side street and go BACK. There's no law that I'm aware of that states you have to continue on to your current destination and then go all the way back to the destination you forgot. It takes way more time this way and is dumb. Even if we're driving right BY it-"Oh, aren't we going here?" "Oh yeah, I forgot, well, we'll come back" ARGH.

He has a certain order he'll do projects around the house, and if it rains or something happens to keep him from a project, well, that's just how it is, you apparently aren't allowed to skip ahead if it rains and do the INSIDE projects, you have to leave them be until you finish the OUTSIDE projects.

He doesn't organize properly. He has been promising me for YEARS that he will clean the back garage (almost a 3 car garage full to overflowing with his crap thrown about and never put away), so one time I was out there seeing how it was coming and oh my lord I can't handle it. If you've got a bench piled high to the sky w/crap, don't pick one thing at a time and an hour to decide where to put it-dig in and get it done. Don't move it from one bench to the next. Put it away. Samuel L. Jackson is the foot f-ing master and I'm the organization f-ing master, so I wish he'd f-ing listen to me.

When I was interviewed by the police officers when he was being considered for that job they asked me what kind of things drive me crazy about my husband. I told JD I wish I'd known in advance they were going to ask me that b/c I'd have started a book. I'm going to get a little notebook I can fit in my purse and it will be called "The Big Book of Things JD Did Wrong Vol. 47" and I'll make dated entries of things he does wrong. That way next time a job comes up at the PD, and they interview me, I can whip that book out. bwahahaha

Like telling me "You look pretty alright sometimes" yeah hello? I don't remember the exact date but that will be entry number one.

Oh, and this "Honey I can't find X" "Did you look?" "YES! It's NOT THERE!!!" all indignant and pissy. The best example of this is a specific shirt he couldn't find. A short sleeve "good" shirt. I told him it was in the drawer w/the other short sleeve non tshirts. "No it's not, I looked, I looked a thousand times!" I fling the drawer open, it's not on top. I LIFT ONE FRICKING SHIRT and there it is. He stares.."Oh..I didn't think there was anything else in the drawer" WTF?? I said "Cripes, if I could only put 2 things per drawer we'd have no clothes! Did you think that drawers that are 8 inches tall only hold clothes 1/2 inch deep???" "Jeez, you don't have to get pissy about it" uh, yeah I DO!

He also hangs hangers on the rod backwards, from behind the rod, not over it. It makes my face tick to open up the closet and instead of seeing nice hangers over the rod, a few backwards-he swears he doesn't do it but my ocd prevents me from it so unless some random closet hanger fairy is running around trying to make me grind my teeth in frustration, I'm pretty sure it's him.

My husband would say I'm too controlling and like things done MY way (like organizing) but truth be told it's b/c my way is the right/best/fastest way. And he can't find things b/c I organize often. (b/c we all know how he "looks" for things..eyes to the ceiling, wandering in a circle w/his mouth hanging open.

Hahahaha this is fun.

Jas, so what kind of nuts were they? Were they hazelnuts or???

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently, a lot of my issues are the same as the ones you ladies have with your men.

The main peeves are:

- Taking his clothes off and not putting them in the hamper. Wherever they land, they stay, and it burns me up.

- He cannot load a dishwasher. The first time he did it, I walked into the kitchen and soap was coming out of the dishwasher.

- Doesn''t keep up with his receipts when I try to balance our checking. But, since we''ve been using mint.com it''s not an issue anymore.

- He doesn''t pay attention to details. I buy Viva paper towels. Not Bounty. Not Brawny. Not Scott. Not Sparkle. Viva and only Viva! I buy Dawn dishwashing liquid, Crisco oil, Land o Lakes butter, and there are countless other examples. He just picks up whatever his hands land on. That''s probably my hugest peeve.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''ve spent the last 15 minutes reading all of these out loud to my own husband...I''m laughing so hard that I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. Everytime I read something DH says "did you write that?"

I have nothing new to add. My husband can''t cook, can''t go grocery shopping (I sent him ONCE, he called me no fewer than 15 times with questions like "smooth peanut butter or crunch peanut butter?"), he never loads the dishwasher, he watches post-sports shows (which he just compared to my end-of-the-season Real Housewives of XX recaps)." I adore my husband, but certainly not for his culinary or domestic abilities.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Packie, what is it with the HANGERS?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYY do they do this?!?! It drives me batsh*t crazy!!! And it''s not enough to put the hangers on the rods backwards . . . nooooooo . . . he''s got to LEAVE THE CLOSET DOOR OPEN so the backwards hangers are just sitting there MOCKING me and I can''t ignore them even if I try!!!
32.gif
29.gif
38.gif

And the dishwasher thing: Ladies, I think something on the Y chromosome prevents men from properly loading a dishwasher. I don''t know what it is, but so help me, it exists! Oh, and UNLOADING the dishwasher . . . don''t even get me started! If there is a clean load of dishes in the dishwasher, DH will pile his dirty dishes in the sink rather than put away the clean ones in the dishwasher and put his dirty dishes in there. It''s like he''s trying to wait me out because he''s too lazy to put away the clean dishes, and he knows that if he just waits long enough, I''ll eventually get disgusted and do it myself, thereby saving him the trouble. And, of course, I always do.
14.gif

I have to give DH credit though . . . he used to do this weird teeth-sucking thing after he finished eating. It was the most awful noise you''ve ever heard! It was never very loud, but of course I could hear it because I''d be sitting right next to him. Drove me NUTS!!! Well, finally, after explaining to him how that noise just sets my teeth on edge, he has stopped. I can''t remember the last time he did it, in fact! Gooooood DH . . . gooooood boy!
16.gif

Pantss

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 7:17:03 PM
Author: jas
I made cookies yesterday, and DH of course wanted to eat half the batch. I guess he was in some kind of reverie, because this was the conversation that went on while he was scarfing down:

Me: Just FYI, they have hazelnuts in them.

Him: Do these have nuts in them?

Me: Yes, they have hazelnuts in them.

Him: What kind of nuts are these?

Me: Hazelnuts.

I am laughing so hard about this post!!!

geri

Shiny_Rock

This is fun. I agree with just about everything on here especially leaving doors open, leaving lights on, leaving the toilet seat up, not being able to find the dishwasher, not picking up on hints and having a selective memory.

I would also add:
- splashes water all over the bathroom floor when he shaves and doesn''t clean it up
- destroys the kitchen when he cooks and expects me to clean up, even though he doesn’t clean up when I cook which is most of the time
- constantly loses his wallet, keys, phone, credit card
- says he is ready to go somewhere, then decides to brush his teeth, go to the toilet, put on deodorant, feed the fish, send an email. Aggghhh.
I will qualify all of this by saying he does more around the house than I do and would come up with an equally long list of pet peeves about me.

Pantss

Rough_Rock
You ALL have me cracking up!! Thank you for the good laugh and thank you to your beloved SO''s for their quirky behavior that can be appreciated on a humorous level.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 8:34:27 PM
Author: geri

This is fun. I agree with just about everything on here especially leaving doors open, leaving lights on, leaving the toilet seat up, not being able to find the dishwasher, not picking up on hints and having a selective memory.

I would also add:
- splashes water all over the bathroom floor when he shaves and doesn''t clean it up
- destroys the kitchen when he cooks and expects me to clean up, even though he doesn’t clean up when I cook which is most of the time
- constantly loses his wallet, keys, phone, credit card
- says he is ready to go somewhere, then decides to brush his teeth, go to the toilet, put on deodorant, feed the fish, send an email. Aggghhh.

I will qualify all of this by saying he does more around the house than I do and would come up with an equally long list of pet peeves about me.

Ahhhh, yes . . . it looks like a tidal wave went through our bathroom every morning! I just LOVE having to dry off the countertop before I can sit my stuff on it to get ready for work in the morning.
20.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dammit, ate my post and it was long too. ggggrrrr

Irish, I''m so glad I''m not the only one w/hanger issues!

Lottery tickets-buys them constantly and never gets them checked-never gives them to me either to check, so I find them EV-ER-Y-WHERE. I found some the other day from 2008!!!! Seriously, what if one of those was a winner? Don''t buy them if they''re not going to be checked.

He has a goatee. He shaves it. Guess where the hair goes? AAAALLL over the sink and floor. Guess where it will be 3 days later? AAALLL over the sink and floor. That''s why I freaked out and threatened him until he put a bathroom in downstairs. If he wants to have a bathroom that trolls call home and technically should have a haz-mat suit hanging outside, go right ahead. I won''t have it in MY bathroom.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO (I swear I am not exaggerating this) likes to exclaim, "Oh SHIT!" at least once a day over something so minor I am always left shaking my head in disbelief. The magnitude and emphasis of his daily exclamation are so alarming, I am physically jolted by a mixture of shock, dismay, and fear and still immediately say, "what''s WRONG??" I don''t know why I haven''t learned yet that it''s highly unlikely that anything serious has happened. He''s just forgotten to make a phone call or something, he hasn''t left the iron turned on at home, or the car hasn''t slipped out of gear and gone barreling downhill towards a meadow full of children playing with puppies.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 8:10:59 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''ve spent the last 15 minutes reading all of these out loud to my own husband...I''m laughing so hard that I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. Everytime I read something DH says ''did you write that?''

I have nothing new to add. My husband can''t cook, can''t go grocery shopping (I sent him ONCE, he called me no fewer than 15 times with questions like ''smooth peanut butter or crunch peanut butter?''), he never loads the dishwasher, he watches post-sports shows (which he just compared to my end-of-the-season Real Housewives of XX recaps).'' I adore my husband, but certainly not for his culinary or domestic abilities.

My ex used to have his alarm set for the exact moment the Sports Center radio show came on so every morning I''d have to wake up to the theme song..."dododo dododo!"

charbie

Ideal_Rock
GERI! The splashing water! Eeeek! My DH leaves it all over the sink...not floor. I ask him to please wiipe down thesink after he shaves or washes his hands so there aren''t water spots...yet why am I always following behind him wiping up up the water??? BUT he can tell me in the middle of cooking dinner, "are you going to wash all that stuff fown the disposal??? Makes sure you don''t leave scraps in the sink." Seriously???

DH loves to come in while I''m cooking and says with a smile, "messy kate...you''re always making a mess, aren''t you?" And I know he isn''t complaining, but I''m just sitting there going, "YES! Cooking isn''t always tidy!!" Or ill put noodles on the stove and he walks in, "did u turn the timer on?" Umm, no, bc I looked at the clock and I knowwhen 10 mins will be up. Stay out of the kitchen and let me cook your f''ing meal that I''m not even eating while I cook my dinner.

Clearly, my husband and I have some kitchen issues. I think most of my pet peeves about him involved driving or the kitchen.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 8:40:33 PM
Author: packrat
Dammit, ate my post and it was long too. ggggrrrr

Irish, I''m so glad I''m not the only one w/hanger issues!

Lottery tickets-buys them constantly and never gets them checked-never gives them to me either to check, so I find them EV-ER-Y-WHERE. I found some the other day from 2008!!!! Seriously, what if one of those was a winner? Don''t buy them if they''re not going to be checked.

He has a goatee. He shaves it. Guess where the hair goes? AAAALLL over the sink and floor. Guess where it will be 3 days later? AAALLL over the sink and floor. That''s why I freaked out and threatened him until he put a bathroom in downstairs. If he wants to have a bathroom that trolls call home and technically should have a haz-mat suit hanging outside, go right ahead. I won''t have it in MY bathroom.
Mine trims his. So there are tiny, tiny goatee and mustache hairs all over the sink after this procedure. And there they remain until I clean them up. Please note: I have neither a goatee nor a mustache, so I fail to understand why I spend so much time cleaning up goatee/mustache hairs. You''d think they would be washed away by the tidal wave created by his shaving. You''d think so . . . but you''d be wrong.
11.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
duh, TRIMS it I meant, not shaves it. If you tell me your husband''s name is JD I might be a little freaked out.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
My biggest pet peeve is that my DH is the worse BACKSEAT DRIVER. Constantly telling me to break or be careful or cringes on every turn. So annoying...

One other thing he did was that on one Saturday he was heading to Home Depot. Before he left, he asked me if I needed anything. I said "no, I am all set there". So he heads off to HD and comes home with an iced coffee and breakfast from McDonalds. So I ask him if he got me anything. He says no, you told me you didn''t need anything. I couldn''t believe it. I didn''t need anything at Home Depot, you nut job. Not even a sweet tea that he knows I love! He is usually very sweet and attentive so this was so weird.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Once I figured out why buying cream cheese = salmon and herb-topped lemon cupcakes, I was done.

I do more annoying things than SO does, so I can't say much, but since he's awesome and this thread is for ranting, here's my list:

- The garbage is his job, and it will be full and OVERFLOWING and he will get mad at ME because I didn't tell him to take it out when it's clearly overflowing.
33.gif
What?! You can see it's overfull enough to get cranky at me for not telling you to take it out because it's overfull???
23.gif

- He's terrible at details, especially when it comes to paperwork. As we went through immigration madness, this drove me insane. I took on 99% of the paperwork and delegated one tiny piece to him, and then when I get a cranky letter from the government saying we did something wrong, where was the error? In the ONE PIECE I gave to him. He also misspelled my name in our initial application. Nothing implies Visa fraud like not even knowing your own supposed fiancee's name!
20.gif
(It's just a weird spelling, bless his poor heart)

- He hates going grocery shopping, but then complains when there is nothing to eat. There is a correlation here ...

- He watches TV shows that I hate, but then gets upset when I wander off to another room to read or whatever while he watches them. If you want to watch TV together, then watch something I want to watch!

- This one is sort of TMI, but he frequently rebuffs intimacy until either 1) I am barely awake enough to stagger to bed, or 2) he's so tipsy that I'm put off. Then he gets sad and/or frustrated that I've been hitting on him all night and suddenly I am no longer interested.
20.gif

- He also avoids finalizing details, like flights, hotel reservations, etc, so I go nuts trying to pin him down so I can book the tickets, the hotel, my time off, etc. This means that we often end up paying way more than we should because we waited too long, or I can't get the time off, or is just a general stressful mess that makes me cranky by the time we actually are on vacation.

- When I hurt myself, he never asks if I'm okay. I have no idea why this drives me nuts. If I make a noise of pain or distress, is it so much to ask if I'm okay? Conversely, it drives him crazy when he's hurt himself and I ask if he's okay. He's started saying "I'm FINE, honey." before I have a chance to ask, now.

He really is awesome, though. He always keeps up with his chores whereas I am always behind on mine, does most of the cooking and cleaning, and is incredibly supportive, affectionate, engaging, considerate, and overall wonderful.

Sometimes, though ... sometimes.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garbage can is filled to the brim. I have a bad neck. Will say before bed, can you take it out?? Sure no prob.

Next morning there it sits, and I take it out...

Laundry... If something is in the washing machine and it''s done, he lifts the lid... Like could you transfer it to the dryer???

Oh and what kills me are the notes he leaves for me in the morning on the kitchen counter....

Drain is slow, call the PLUMBER!!!!

I read that, and want to run off with the plumber, he''s a hottie!!!!!!!!
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 5:29:33 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I don''t know if I ever shared this here, but here''s an example of just how bad DH is with food:

When I was pregnant, I was CRAVING cupcakes in the worst way. The bakery near our house didn''t have any, so he decided to make some for me. We had a chat about the advisability of this but he insisted and went to buy the ingredients. One of them was cream cheese, for the frosting.

That''s how we ended up with lemon cupcakes with a smoked salmon and herb frosting.
HI:

Very cute--actually sounds quite tasty!

cheers--Sharon

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
25.gif
Hahahaha....great thread Tgal!

My hubby is great in so many ways and I''m very spoiled, but....

My husband is always late. Always. Drives. Me. Nuts. I lied to him about what time to be at the church for our wedding because I knew if I told him the right time he''d be late. In addition to always being late, he won''t call to say that he''s running late until he''s actually late! GAH! Really? Is it that hard to call when you know you''re going to be late instead of waiting until you actually are?

DH also has a really annoying habit. He chews on his tongue. He does it all the time and doesn''t even realize it. If I could get away with posting a pic of it I would but I don''t want to embarass him too much.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love my husband. He is wonderful in so many ways. He washes the dishes, pays the bills, works hard, takes out the garbage, and helps me with countless things. He could probably make a very long list of things I do that annoy him, so I hesitate to say what bothers me about him sometimes....... however.....

- Fantasy baseball. I''m fine with the concept of it (and I happen to love baseball - but the real, live teams not the fake fantasy ones), but the extent to which my husband participates and wastes his time is mind-boggling. He has a partner (one of his friends) on one of his fantasy baseball teams, two partners (two friends, one of which is also now a coworker of his) on another team in another league, and he has his own team in another fantasy baseball league. He is constantly (and I mean *constantly*) sending and receiving emails, sending and receiving texts, and making and receiving phone calls to discuss the VERY URGENT TRADE coming up and the INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT DECISIONS they all have to make regarding their teams. It used to be even worse, to the point where I literally could not sit down for a half hour dinner with my husband without being interrupted 6 times by his "partners" about their teams. Eventually I came to hate these partners, who used to be my friends also! (I don''t actually *hate* them, but over the 6 months of the baseball season DH and I were interrupted so often by them it caused significant resentment to the point where I used to roll my eyes and make sarcastic comments whenever I saw their name light up on DH''s phone.) Finally we had a discussion about this and DH has gotten much better about separating his time with me and his time working on his fantasy baseball teams. But I will *always* hate fantasy baseball. Always.

- His shoes. For some reason, DH can''t seem to put his shoes away. He will come home, take off his shoes by the couch, take off his shirt and pants, bring the shirt and pants to the closet and hang them up or put them in the laundry, and change clothing. But he never removes the shoes from right in front of the couch. And inevitably I will trip over those shoes at least three or four times a week. No matter how many times I trip over the shoes, he never moves them. Sometimes it confuses me why he is so meticulous about taking care of all his other work clothing but will leave his expensive shoes to be tripped on and ruined by me, but he still does it each and every day.

- Whenever DH wants something, he says, "Oh, WE should buy that." "Can WE get milk?" "Can WE go to the store and get XYZ?" "Can WE do laundry this week?" No, sweetheart, WE can''t - you don''t do those things! I do! If you want me to do laundry, ASK me to do laundry! Whenever he says WE should do something I smile and say, "Ok, this time you can help me do it since you so badly want US to do it together!"

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lilac, so I''m not alone on the we thing! See my post above...ask you hubby going forward simply "we-we or me-we?"

Diva, totally made me laugh that you had to lie to your hubby about your wedding time!

And Penn, what is so great about Viva?
3.gif
Are they better than Costco brand paper towels? I love those.

And this talk about driving...why is it that my husband can NEVER pull into a spot that I see? He drives right past it and is exasperated that I had frantically pointed out, "there''s one!!!" And he will never, EVER, even if there are no cars behind us and the lot is totally jammed packed, EVER reverse back to pull into the parking spot I spotted. I know he does this on purpose.
29.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
LOL, what does it say that you just started this thread and it's pages long!

I have the same issue as TGAL. Hints, leading by example to show what I would like (for gifts and signs of appreciation) do NOT work, and if they do, it's very weakly. I've given up to be honest because I figure he was always like this and they say not to expect to change your man after marriage, right?

Anyway, birthdays, v-day, anniversaries, no gifts. Ever. I've dropped hints. But he is programmed on what to do, and clearly it was by someone before me. Xmas he will get a gift IF I give clear direction, othewise it is a sweater or something so random that I just can't keep it so I return it and tell him I'll buy something for myself. I never do and he never remembers. Another example is my birthday. I rate b'days as # 1 milestone since it's your own special day. Yes he knows it. He usually takes me to dinner. Whichi is nice but I secretly always wanted something a bit more-a surprise night, or a gift or something! So I finally told him last year that I would like a gift this year and not the usual dinner and that I can give him specific ideas. Nothing elaborate, just something showing effort. At first he was like, "a GIFT????!" Yes, I said..something often given for birthdays. He seemed to understand. Birthday rolls around and he takes me to dinner.
What is the deal with man brain???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results