shape
carat
color
clarity

Melissa Sweet Dora Gown and Swiss Dot Themes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to compile all the Dora gown related threads into one. I hope anyone who is a non-Dora bride with a Swiss Dot theme will also join in on the fun and share ideas.

Feel free to let me know if you''d prefer not to have your threads posted below. Or if I missed any. *Hmm...what does CrownJewel do at work? ...
First, the previous threads:
Jas12''s wedding:
Married! Everything went as planned (pics of dress)
A few more Jas12 wedding pics (pics of dress, invites, and candy bar)
BlushingBride asks Jas12 (pics of dress)
Karasue asks Jas12
CrownJewel asks Jas12
Future Mrs. Polka Dot asks Jas12

Karasue in her dress:
Birdcage veil opinions (pics of dress)
dress doubt (pics of dress)

CrownJewel:
CJ goes dress shopping (pics of dress...but dress is not my size, so don''t say ew
20.gif
)
Ivory gown - white or ivory undergarments

Future Mrs. Polka Dot:
Designing your own letterpress

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
wow, you''re good Crown Jewel--how very organized!!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha what exactly does CrownJewel do? i'm an accountant but since I'm transferring out next week I've been doing next to nothing lately, hahaha. Also, as you might have guessed, being an accountant is not the most riveting job in the world, so I'm easily distracted!! Plus waiting to hear from the technology guys what is going on with this stupid new program they are making us use. I think I'll update our wedding website this afternoon since save the dates are going out this weekend....

Great idea for the Dora thread....hope people don't get annoyed with us, hahaha.....not sure how much of the dots I'll incorporate into our wedding. We are doing black and ivory with pink accents, and we are using this great black and which damask fabric for accents, so I don't want to overdo it with adding dots too....

Ohhh I meant to post, there are some adorable favors on whiteaisle that are little boxes for candy, wrapped in this ivory silk paper with tiny silver dots, I thought you and FMPD might like!! The middle ones on this page...
http://www.whiteaisle.com/fortheguests.htm

kara those favors are adorable!!! I love them so much :) the coral with the dots is sooooo pretty! thanks for posting - i may have to order a sample!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a Dora bride, but I''m a big fan of swiss dots. Our cake is going to be fairly plain with swiss dots in white buttercream all over the cake, and fresh flowers as the only color in between each layer and on top. I love those favors, and I''m also hoping to incorporate the dots in a favor as well as ribbons for the flower girl, etc.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
sabine, do you have pictures you can post?

I''m still not sure how much of the swiss dot theme I will incorporate. FI is already excited about the fleur-de-lis. Our reception will be at a French restaurant with a garden area for the ceremony.

I''m going to try playing around with making a fleur-de-lis motif with swiss dots. If that turns out ok, maybe we can do both on the invitations.

Karasue, I''m in medical research...eventually will end up in medical school. But my focus has always been and always will be research. Today I had a patient due in at 11:30, but because of the snow that patient canceled. Therefore, instead of doing paperwork, I decided to pricescope.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
CJ I definitely think you could get away with both. Like, maybe for your invites you could use some white tissue paper that has little dots on it, but still have the fleur de lis on the invite itself (do people still do tissue paper in invites?) Or maybe some dotted ribbon? I definitely think you could incorporate the dots, mostly because they are so subtle. You are thinking white on white dots right? Or was there another color you were thinking?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 3:18:25 PM
Author: karasue91
CJ I definitely think you could get away with both. Like, maybe for your invites you could use some white tissue paper that has little dots on it, but still have the fleur de lis on the invite itself (do people still do tissue paper in invites?) Or maybe some dotted ribbon? I definitely think you could incorporate the dots, mostly because they are so subtle. You are thinking white on white dots right? Or was there another color you were thinking?

Karasue, that''s exactly what I was going to do initially, but haven''t had any luck finding white on white dotted tissue paper. So now I''m thinking about designing my own fleur-de-lis motif.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Have you walked down 18th St b/t 5th and 6th Ave yet? There are a TON of paper stores there, I''ve heard espeicially good things about Paper Presentations. I bet one of those stores would have something like what you want and if not I bet they could get it for you!! There is one called Paper Source I think that is a little more pricey but also a little more upscale that Paper Presentations.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a dotty cake.

buttoncake.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
CJ, here is the picture of the cake from bethel bakery''s website. We''re doing columns between the layers with fresh flowers in between and on top. I haven''t decided on a ribbon yet. I''m thinking of doing colored polka dots to pull the dot pattern and our wedding colors together, but I''m not sure yet...although I LOVE dots, my FI hasn''t quite been sold yet.

Dotted SwissLG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Fancy is that your wedding cake? Sabine, your cake is going to be lovely!!

Karasue, thanks for the info about the paper. I''m going to My Glass Slipper this weekend to look for shoes, so I''ll stop by 18th street.

chinglish

Rough_Rock
Saw this lovely post about polka dot design trends and thought of you Dora brides!

polka dot mini-trend

Love those cute wedge slinkbacks!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 8:56:37 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Fancy is that your wedding cake?

No, that''s not mine, but it sure was in the running. IN the end I had a completely conservative cake with nice, clean lines. But, I sure did LOVE that polka dot cake.

tibi

Rough_Rock
this is so beautiul! love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results