shape
carat
color
clarity

Jas12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Wow, I just love your invites! I found all the pics you posted before and I am just absolutely obsessed with your wedding! It''s exactly what I''ve been going for - from the bouquet to the pearl necklace! I just love all the details! I am SO in love with your invites...I can''t believe you designed them! How did that process work, as far as getting them done by the letter presser? Was it an online retailer or someone local to you?

Also, do you have an online photo album or anything like that? So I can steal all of your beautiful ideas...I mean look at your lovely pictures?!
2.gif
I''ve been struggling with how to incorporate dots but still keep it elegant, and also keep the gardeny feel.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing these pics!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!

Thanks for all the compliments, i am flattered
1.gif

My invites were a big process! I orginally contacted Papeterie Store (a calaforina based online retailer--b/c I liked their belly-band around the invite and that they had letter press)
Here is their link
Invites

I asked one of their designers (whom I commuincated with via email only) to design a floral motif for me but in tiny dots instead of lines ect. In short, I did not like what she produced (not her fault, just not what I had invisioned) and I was cutting it close time wise so I took an image I liked, copied it, modified it and drew it out in tiny dots. I then scanned the image into In Design (a Mac program) and sent it to the designer. She was easily able to use the image for the invite, response card and info sheets (not shown in my pic I posted here) Then, b/c i had/owned the image I used it to make all my own labels/touches. For instance I made my own vanilla extract and bottled it for favours--i was able to add the dot motif onto the labels I made and didn''t pay someone a huge cost to do all that stuff. Same deal for tags that went on my welcome baskets, wine labels etc, wedding programs etc.. It looked really professional but cost so little

Other touches that included dots: I mentioned the candies, also did monogram cookies that had a dot border in icing and my menus. place cards, seating cards etc. did not include the motif, but i did do a dot border around all the stationery (the key is to keep the dots small--which looks a lot more elegant than big dots--which are more fun and casual)

My necklace was a gift from my DH on the wedding day (it is from Tiffany and Co) but the one I had planned to wear was a single drop pearl and was actually from Walmart--hehe. You can not believe how hard it was to find a simple single pearl. The T & Co. was a nice surprise upgrade on the day day of!

I''ll try to post most pics on this thread in the next day or two (it takes me a while on my comp. for some reason) I don''t have an online album unfortunatley (my photos were done in 35mm)

I was totally going for elegant, gardeny feel with a bit of playfulness ---i don''t know if any of my touches were even notices, but it was fun putting it all together.Sound like we have very similar taste so i am excited to see what you come up with ---i can relive the planning process thru you
2.gif
36.gif

Thanks for all the info, Jas! I am going to check out that invitation retailer :)

I''m soo looking forward to more pictures! Yay!
1.gif

And that is just too sweet about the pearl necklace from your husband - what a sweet surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results