carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Meet "Uisce"

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3586.JPG
Mannn! Came here for a little pick-me-up and I can NEVER get tired of that magnificent fire and sparkle of your step cuts! How do you not just stand in a mirror all day looking at those rings?!! Thanks for the new collage :appl:
As my grandma would say: "She (your solitaire) is really showing out today!"
FeFeV,
Your words are a real pick me up, for me!! It's great to share the love of step cuts with so many, here on PS! They (step-cut stones) have been my favorites for decades! I inherited round brilliant diamond rings from other lucky ladies in my family, but they just aren't "me". They were most definitely "them", during their time. I admired my grandmother's set as a child, but I believe it was more the style of the settings than the stones that influenced me (her set is Art Deco/Vintage). She was my most favorite person on Earth, and she remains so, even though she passed 8 years ago. I was so proud to wear that set on my right pinkie finger on my wedding day; it was as though she was right there with me, the whole time.
Your grandmother sounds very wise, and amazing, as well. Sounds like she, too, appreciates(d) fine jewelry. ;-)
One "high-maintenance diamond queen" begets another, I suppose...lol!!! :lol-2:
My brother & I called her "Mama Cooke"; her married name was Cooke. She called my Grandfather "Cookie"...Cook-E. Ironically, while I was pregnant with my daughter, she was called "Cookie" (baking a cookie on the oven) by a close friend of mine, and it stuck; it's her nick name. I believe I will name my GM's set "Cookie". :mrgreen:
I attached a photo of my hand & my daughter's hand together; I'm wearing my set & she is wearing my GM's set. Her hands are still too small for the rings to fit her, but someday, they will belong to her. 8-)8-)8-)
I love your band. She really sparkles!! I hope you will find a clever way of "naming" her. ;-)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your set!

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
:dance::clap:Beautiful photos. I love you ring. lol I have the same one. It good to see someone who loves their ring as much as I do. I have tons and tons of photos on my phone. Lol. Enjoy it wear it in good health.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance::clap:Beautiful photos. I love you ring. lol I have the same one. It good to see someone who loves their ring as much as I do. I have tons and tons of photos on my phone. Lol. Enjoy it wear it in good health.
Please feel free to post! I'd love to see your ring(s)!!! I can never get enough of looking at photos!!! I take tons of mine all the time, too!! My DH just laughs at me, anymore...lmao!
CRM

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please feel free to post! I'd love to see your ring(s)!!! I can never get enough of looking at photos!!! I take tons of mine all the time, too!! My DH just laughs at me, anymore...lmao!
CRM
Diamond 425:
I remember your set!! You have that gorgeous Marquise, set in our beautiful NL!! :love:
Absolutely Lovely! You really should start a thread in SMTB!
CRM

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I commented on your rings on another thread and realized I had not commented on this one! I am another step cut lover and I think your ring is beautiful! In addition, I am so glad I checked in after you posted your grandmother's rings! They are so pretty and such a treasure! Ironically, we called our great grandmother "Mama (last name)", too! Are you in the south by chance? I wonder if that's a southern thing?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I commented on your rings on another thread and realized I had not commented on this one! I am another step cut lover and I think your ring is beautiful! In addition, I am so glad I checked in after you posted your grandmother's rings! They are so pretty and such a treasure! Ironically, we called our great grandmother "Mama (last name)", too! Are you in the south by chance? I wonder if that's a southern thing?
DS,
Thank you so much for the lovely compliments!
We are not Southern, BUT, I believe the "Mama/Papa Last Name" thing is European, in origin. My Great-Grandfather immigrated from England, and my Great-Grandmother (his wife) was "Mama Grace" (her middle name). That started a trend in the family. Then, "Nana" became a thing, and my mother adopted "Nana". My brother is "Papa" to his grandchildren. It is very possible that your family has European roots, somewhere, and it carried down through the generations...just like ours. We're Northern "Yankees", here! lol! :lol:
I remember you mentioning your love for step cuts; we've touched on that before! I love connecting with so many PSers with such impeccable taste! Drooling over baubles is my favorite past time! Your collection inspires my "ring goals"! ;-)
I do so adore my grandmother's set. I was so honored to wear her rings on my right hand on my wedding day! It just made my day so much more special!!!
IMG_4369.PNG
Her rings are a size 4, so they fit my pinkie finger! The photo above gives you an idea of what they looked like. I switched my ER to my RH before the wedding & I wore my promise ring on my RH, like I have every day for the past 3 years. It's a simple stainless steel band, but we have a matching set & DH & I wear them all the time, on our RH. We are both quite sentimental. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ancestors are also European, so you may be exactly right about the grandparent names!

That's a sweet story about the promise rings!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_6739.JPG Some new favorites of Uisce!! :kiss:
Fire/Action photos, dim light with streams of sunlight, and outdoor photos!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Gorgeous!!! You have an amazing set. Step cuts are so beautiful and elegant. Enjoy wearing your rings and thanks for sharing your photo's. I love your Uisce in the sunny pics:love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Gorgeous!!! You have an amazing set. Step cuts are so beautiful and elegant. Enjoy wearing your rings and thanks for sharing your photo's. I love your Uisce in the sunny pics:love:
Thank you, Acinom!!
I enjoy taking snapshots, quite often! This is the one place I can flood with photos, and anyone can share in my excitement! I truly love sharing in everyone else's joy, and looking at everyone's jewels! There is so much inspiration, here!! Your collection is quite lovely! I adore your profile piece! That blue is absolutely stunning! ;-)

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your emerald cut is beautiful and so your entire wedding set! It is very sweet that you are holding onto your grandmother's set and that you will pass it to your daughter one day, it already looks lovely on her. I am happy that you were able to have that with you on your wedding day. I can relate to losing a beloved family member and I wish that I had something of theirs to keep. I hope you cherish it forever:)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your emerald cut is beautiful and so your entire wedding set! It is very sweet that you are holding onto your grandmother's set and that you will pass it to your daughter one day, it already looks lovely on her. I am happy that you were able to have that with you on your wedding day. I can relate to losing a beloved family member and I wish that I had something of theirs to keep. I hope you cherish it forever:)
Thank you, SimoneDi! She was one very special lady! I will cherish her, and everything she has left for me, forever! I hope, when the time comes, you & I will be adored to such extent, and our items left behind will be passed down for generations to come!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH took me back to where it all began!! This is where Uisce's story originated!! I can't believe how beautiful Laurel Hill Lake looks!! After all of the rain & flooding, the water is very rapidly moving, and cloudy, but today was such a gorgeous day!! It was wonderful to go back & relive that moment!
IMG_6897.JPG IMG_6901.JPG IMG_6918.JPG IMG_6921.JPG IMG_6894.JPG IMG_6895.JPG IMG_6927.JPG

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am chiming in late once again, but just wanted to say that I love your set! And I truly love the story, sentiment, and symbolism that your set reflects. Well done, I say!! Enjoy!!! :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, Wow, what beautiful rings!!!! The look right at home on your beautiful hand.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, Wow, what beautiful rings!!!! The look right at home on your beautiful hand.
You ladies are truly too kind! Today was so special, and the weather was beautiful! The atmosphere was very similar to the day of his proposal, absent only of the chill in the air! I am still beaming!
:mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uisce & Co. on FLEEK!! Tried out a fresh cleaning routine!! I LOVE the sparkle & flash off these babies!!! :love:

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG IMG_7176.JPG
IMG_7211.JPG
IMG_7209.JPG
IMG_7205.JPG
IMG_7210.JPG
:lol-2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, I have no idea how I missed this thread! I LOVE your ring, your sweet story of your engagement, and of your beloved grandma. I loved reading all of it. Your set is beautiful! Your man did a great job! I would be so sentimental about them all as well. You, two are just too darling for words! I hope you have an epic love story that is told for generations in your family!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, I have no idea how I missed this thread! I LOVE your ring, your sweet story of your engagement, and of your beloved grandma. I loved reading all of it. Your set is beautiful! Your man did a great job! I would be so sentimental about them all as well. You, two are just too darling for words! I hope you have an epic love story that is told for generations in your family!
You just made me choke up, @luv2sparkle! You just made my lifetime! Thank you so much! You have quite a bit going on, with what I can see, as well!! ;)2 I must check your content and dive a bit deeper! I know I'll find some beauties!! :kiss2:
I hope to be written in the history books, along side the "married for a lifetime" members of my family. We have a good, strong foundation. It will be tough to break us! :mrgreen2:
I update the thread, often. Just when I think I've captured all that I can, I am surprised! Feel free to stop back, every once in a while! I'm hoping to add something special to my set for our Anniversary in November!! *YAY!* :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone else captured the light & colors reflected onto surfaces from sunlight hitting their diamonds, like this? I guess you could call it "fire prints"?
These were taken in my bedroom, after a deep cleanse...right on the wall, near my picture window.... :eek2:

This pattern reminds me of the Constellation "Little Dipper"...
IMG_7329.JPG
I love all of the rainbows in this one...
IMG_7341.JPG
This looks like a rectangle...
IMG_7334.JPG
And this looks like an explosion!!!
IMG_7330.JPG
I could stare at the different shapes & patterns all day!!! O M G!!! :mrgreen2:
Maybe I should create a thread just for photos like these...for all to share?
What are your thoughts?!?
CRM

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results