shape
carat
color
clarity

MC2 e-ring is here! Brown diamond, rose gold.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! It's so incredibly feminine!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really really cool and unique! :love:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Love that setting! :love: :love: The matted rg is perfect with the color of the diamond. I too am drooling over the side petals. He did a great job!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind responses! My fiance is patting himself on the back and thanking you all. He probably wants me off of PS, because I had never even heard of MC2 until I started reading the posts here :lol:

On a serious note, we are both very grateful for what we have learned here and for everyone's kindness.

SandyCheeks, I was planning to pair it up with the matching (Flora) band in rose gold. It is very simple, no stones, just a bit of fluting. Here is the MC2 image:
9117_x_1.jpg

This setting is the Bella Stretta. It is a patent pending design by MC2 - a variant on their original Flora. The petals are positioned to create a notch underneath the ring that allows the band to sit flush with it. Image from MC2:
9111_stack_b.jpg

Since getting the actual ring, I am wondering if a band wouldn't be "clutter". I would love to hear your opinions on the matter.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous. It is a lovely color combination too.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. MC2's work is so unique.

BettyJewel

Rough_Rock
I love your ring so much. Your interpretation of their design is simply stunning. I was lurking when I came across this thread but felt like I had to create a account just to tell you how much I loved it.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Aaah I freakin love this!!! Sooo different! We need about 10,000 more pictures. Do you have any fire shots?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am so in love!!! What a beautiful setting and diamond and together - unbelievable! I've loved MC2 for ages and this is as good as it gets.

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments.

BettyJewel, I am especially flattered and touched that you created an account to comment. Thank you!

Jereni, I will post some more pictures. I will try to capture the "fire," after I find out what that means :) I am sure that it is explained on PS somewhere.

The interesting thing about the ring is that it makes the stone look considerably bigger than it did unmounted. I wonder if it is the scalloped petals, or the fact that they matched the tint of the gold to the stone so well. They make their own rose gold, and it leans towards apricot rather than pink.

Everyone who has left a comment has brought me a big smile. I know that you PSers are very well-educated about jewelry, so it means a lot. Thank you!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Insanely unique and gorgeous. I love that MC2 makes their own alloy of rose gold. To me, that's what a truly bespoke work of art should be - every decision is made with care and purpose in mind. Congratulations to you and your FI! You two did AWESOME! :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
So flattering and gorgeous - it seems to melt over your finger.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE this. Love the yellow gold, love the diamond, LOVE the setting. :love: Love it. SO unique and gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing! More pics anytime you can! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since it's sunny today in ole Misery, I hope you can get outside and get us some great handshots!!!

I think a band is going to be a nice addition! I don't think it's cluttery!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well you aren't going to see something like that at the grocery store! :love:

Very unique and very pretty. Is the gold brushed?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE the setting! Gorgeous ring!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
I'm in love. :love: I can't begin to express how beautiful I find your ring.

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Thank you!

Begonia, the gold seems brushed. MC2 "bloom" their yellow gold, and the resulting finish is one reason I love their work. Reminds me of antique Iranian jewelry - I am from Iran. They explained to (ignorant) me that blooming rose gold would take all the copper out of the alloy. The brushed finish is very pretty too.

We are getting my fiancé's band on Wednesday. I am looking forward to seeing the finish. It is described as hammered and distressed.

ame, it was sunny in Misery ;)) , but way too cold for a wuss like me, and I had to work from 8 am to 9 pm. I will take and post some hand shots over the weekend.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
It's rare to see a brown diamond!! Combination of the rare diamond and rose gold is very excellent, it is the first time for me to see this kind of design, it is gorgeous!! :appl: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see how it looks with the wedding band too!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I've wanted to see IRL pictures of one of these for a long time. Congratulations! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gorgeous! I would love, love, love more pictures!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
freezing_in_MO|1363304788|3405177 said:
ame, it was sunny in Misery ;)) , but way too cold for a wuss like me, and I had to work from 8 am to 9 pm. I will take and post some hand shots over the weekend.
ewwww those hours...

Ummm you are in Rolla right? You might want to like...hole up inside and not leave your house this weekend. If you are not aware of how ridiculous they are in Rolla for St. Pats. My brother was only mildly miffed he is in a wedding this weekend, he was going to stay on base to go. (he works on base, he went to umr/mst)

HOPEFULLY we get the nice warmth we were expecting yesterday, today. It like...sleeted yesterday. NOT OK.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh VERY well done!! :appl: :love:

BTW, did you have any concerns dealing with them at a distance? Would you mind sharing how much you paid for shipping and what service they used?

cheers--Sharon

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
I did even better. I holed up inside my sister's house, two states away from Rolla. I just pretend that St. Pat's doesn't happen.

ame|1363354652|3405525 said:
freezing_in_MO|1363304788|3405177 said:
ewwww those hours...

Ummm you are in Rolla right? You might want to like...hole up inside and not leave your house this weekend. If you are not aware of how ridiculous they are in Rolla for St. Pats. My brother was only mildly miffed he is in a wedding this weekend, he was going to stay on base to go. (he works on base, he went to umr/mst)

HOPEFULLY we get the nice warmth we were expecting yesterday, today. It like...sleeted yesterday. NOT OK.

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

I initially had concerns about the distance, so I tried several places where I could see the rings in person. Everything looked the same - from Tiffany to the far less expensive jewelers. Nothing measured up to MC2.

I contacted MC2, and they said they would work with us to make sure that we get exactly what we have in mind. Sam sent me hand shots of the rings I liked. Then they sent me samples of their yellow and rose gold (wedding bands), so I could compare the color. They wanted to make sure that I see their rose gold, which is different from most of what I have seen elsewhere. They did not charge me for the shipping, which was UPS overnight. When they found the stones (they had two candidates), they sent those to me, again by UPS overnight. I did put a deposit down, which got back in full once I returned the bands and stones. They had a special procedure for me to return the stones (again UPS overnight), to ensure that the insurance remains intact.

I bombarded Sam with questions at every stage. She was patient and kind and made the whole process a pleasure. I would have loved to go to the workshop to see other pieces, but it wouldn't have been feasible for a long time, and her expertise set my mind at ease and convinced me that the visit would be nice, but was not necessary.

I know my fiance paid shipping on the final ring - I think $50, but I am not 100% sure. It was UPS overnight again.

I would have no hesitations in working remotely with them again. I can't wait to get another chance!

canuk-gal|1363359507|3405562 said:
HI:

Ohhh VERY well done!! :appl: :love:

BTW, did you have any concerns dealing with them at a distance? Would you mind sharing how much you paid for shipping and what service they used?

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Good job fiancé!!!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
freezing_in_MO|1362876593|3400897 said:
Thanks!

The stone is 1.12 carats, fancy (orange-brown), distribution: even, SI1, polish: very good, symmetry: good, fluorescence: none.

My original thread is at:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-choosing-between-two-diamonds.185059/

gregchang35|1362876014|3400895 said:
Nice result!! Maybe you can post your original thread here as a link or give us the details of the diamond specs here.

Well done!

Just GORGEOUS! Any chance you're in the STL area, and can make it to our G2G so we can get some in-person viewing time with this beauty?
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...and-surrounding-vicinity-up-for-a-g2g.187457/

ETA: Whoops! Looks like Ame already beat me to it. Thanks Ame! 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results