shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Marquise Engagement Ring Upgrade

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful and unique! Love it in the rose gold too! Do you plan to wear your original engagement sapphire ring on your right hand?

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much!
I actually had to take the ring back three different times after they initially made it due to the prongs being so poorly done each time. They finally sent it to their store in NY where the ring was originally cast, for them to fix it. I'm glad they were finally able to get the prongs the way I requested because I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole custom ordeal at that point.

What a great idea about stacking the bands together, I never even thought about trying that before.
Here's a pic! IMG_20191122_191155.jpg

Love how these looked stacked!! I just love everything about this ring in general ::)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! GreaT stackers too!!

Sadler91

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful and unique! Love it in the rose gold too! Do you plan to wear your original engagement sapphire ring on your right hand?

Thank you!
Well, I'm not really the type to wear a lot of jewelry, but I hate that it's just sitting in my jewelry box.
I would definitely like to keep wearing it, but it sits a little higher than I'm comfortable with, so I'm worried about knocking it on things.
I'm actually thinking about resetting the sapphire and maybe turning the two side diamonds into earrings, but a part of me is sad at the thought of taking it apart since it's what my husband picked out for me.
I don't even wear my original band anymore. It's a full eternity that originally belonged to my mom and I love it, but it rubs the inside of my fingers.
Here are pics of the original set.
Excuse my dry hands and phone quality pics. Lol
IMG_20191123_105649.jpg IMG_20191123_105709.jpg IMG_20191123_105608.jpg

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
love the new ring and bands

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and super versatile new set! It’s really eye catching and graceful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love everything about this ring and your set. It is fabulous. Elegant, glamorous and sophisticated and it looks just stunning on your hand. I am swooning! :kiss2:

swooningsighgif.gif

Sadler91

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your kind words! Everyone is so nice here!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing!! I love it!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your ring is classic and elegant; absolutely beautiful!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m the one that emailed you asking to copy your setting a while back!!! It’s absolutely gorgeous and I’m so glad you made a post about it!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats!!! Gorgeous ring and very striking set! Did I say I love, love, love marquise? My favorite shape. So happy for you.

Sadler91

Rough_Rock
I’m the one that emailed you asking to copy your setting a while back!!! It’s absolutely gorgeous and I’m so glad you made a post about it!!!

Yes, I remember! Thank you! Did you decide to do the same style, or go in a different direction? I look forward to seeing yours when it's done!

Sadler91

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! Gorgeous ring and very striking set! Did I say I love, love, love marquise? My favorite shape. So happy for you.

Thank you! I never thought I'd choose Marquise, but I'm so glad I did!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, I remember! Thank you! Did you decide to do the same style, or go in a different direction? I look forward to seeing yours when it's done!

I have a perfect stone! Haven’t set that yet. I’ll be sure to update you when I do

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much!
I actually had to take the ring back three different times after they initially made it due to the prongs being so poorly done each time. They finally sent it to their store in NY where the ring was originally cast, for them to fix it. I'm glad they were finally able to get the prongs the way I requested because I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole custom ordeal at that point.

What a great idea about stacking the bands together, I never even thought about trying that before.
Here's a pic! IMG_20191122_191155.jpg

Ouuuhhh! That is sexy!

good for you for being persistent about the prongs!

I admire your confidence and tenacity. I am rather timid about sending things back and I do feel custom is not for the faint of heart but I think you ended up with a fabulous result!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much!

Due to not wanting to spend a ton of money by going with my local jeweler, I shopped around on Etsy for Chevron bands and came across these ones.

They're from a shop called Keyzar Jewelry out of Israel. The jeweler took the measurements of my stone and sent me a CAD of how they would fit before making them. They don't have many reviews and had even less when I ordered them, so I was definitely taking a chance, but am really happy with how they turned out as far as quality and craftsmanship.

I wanted my ring to be a little more than a solitaire, so I decided to go with the small pear side stones. I feel they don't take away from the Marquise at this size.

Here's a pic with just the lower band. IMG_20191121_151020.jpg

How fun! You have three different looks. And the small pears are genius alongside that gorgeous marquis.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
It is GORGEOUS!!! Love the pairing!!! You did well!!! =)2

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for a unique but classic look for my 2 carat marquise with 2 baguettes.
Any ideas?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results