shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Marquise Engagement Ring Upgrade

Sadler91

Rough_Rock
My original engagement ring is a blue sapphire in a three stone platinum setting and as it will always hold a special place in my heart, but I have found after five years, my tastes have changed and I hardly wear it anymore.
After researching like crazy, I stumbled upon Pricescope and after reading countless boards on diamonds and what to look for to get the most for my money, I decided to take a chance on buying a one carat Marquise diamond from Adiamor.
Even though I knew I'd be paying more for hitting the one carat mark, it was important to me for some reason.
The specs for the stone are; One carat, G color, SI1 with strong flouresence. The measurements are 10.54 x 5.22 x 3.23.
I had my local jeweler create the setting, then bought the diamond chevron bands from Etsy.
The pictures are not the best as they were taken with my phone, but you get the idea. LolIMG_20191120_143944.jpgIMG_20191120_144148.jpgIMG_20191120_151152.jpgIMG_20191120_151221.jpgIMG_20191120_151237.jpg

My goodness, what a stunner! And those bands look like they were made at the same time - what an amazing fit & a glorious overall look!

I love the entire set--it's very regal looking. What a great look! Congratulations and enjoy.

Your set is very elegant. Enjoy.

Congrats, it is lovely and unique!

Love the proportions on it and the setting is lovely!! What a beautiful upgrade

My goodness, what a stunner! And those bands look like they were made at the same time - what an amazing fit & a glorious overall look!

Thank you!
I forgot to add that I did send the measurements of the center diamond to the the jeweler off Etsy, so he was able to custom make them to fit my ring.

Very pretty - with and without the guards.
Profile shot of the marquise mounting?
Curious minds!
Lucky you to have a jeweler near you for this.
What’s the gold? I can’t quite peg it as seeing it as yellow or rose! Whatever it is -I love it!

+1...

And might I add that your ring has tremendous presence...as in LOVE the finger coverage!! :love: :D

What an elegant ring. The shape really suits your hand. It is so great to see other fancy shapes on the boards!

Soo beautiful and elegant! Congratulations!! :kiss2:

What a pretty set! You must be thrilled with how it turned out! Congratulations!

Thanks so much everyone! I always thought I'd stay with round and white metal, but after seeing so many beautiful shapes and metals on these boards, I thought I'd give the Marquise and rose gold a try and it turns out, I absolutely love it!
Here are a few more pics of the profile and one more glamour shot. Lol There's not much to the profile as I wanted the ring to sit as low as possible because I was afraid of knocking it on things.IMG_20191121_084045.jpgIMG_20191121_084102.jpgIMG_20191121_084203.jpgIMG_20191121_084245.jpgIMG_20191121_084401.jpg

That's very pretty! Congrats on your new ering! I really like the low setting!

Welcome to the marquise club, beautiful set.

Love, especially with the rose gold. So romantic! :love:

Really glamorous set! :kiss2:

Love marquises!!! Yours looks large on your hand. Lovely!! I love the bands too. Is is possible to see a shot with just one (ie lower) band as an option. Just curious, bc I love your ring!!!

What an exquisite diamond and set!! It's ethereal and delicate, yet very blingy at the same time. And the bands fit so perfectly -- were they custom-made for you? Would love to hear more about the Etsy vendor that you used :)

I love the proportions of the small side stones next to the marquise! :kiss2:

Thank you all so much!

Due to not wanting to spend a ton of money by going with my local jeweler, I shopped around on Etsy for Chevron bands and came across these ones.

They're from a shop called Keyzar Jewelry out of Israel. The jeweler took the measurements of my stone and sent me a CAD of how they would fit before making them. They don't have many reviews and had even less when I ordered them, so I was definitely taking a chance, but am really happy with how they turned out as far as quality and craftsmanship.

I wanted my ring to be a little more than a solitaire, so I decided to go with the small pear side stones. I feel they don't take away from the Marquise at this size.

Here's a pic with just the lower band.IMG_20191121_151020.jpg

I love your set! It suite your hand. Congratulations and well done for going with something that is both unique and classic (but not cookie cutter!)

Thanks so much everyone! I always thought I'd stay with round and white metal, but after seeing so many beautiful shapes and metals on these boards, I thought I'd give the Marquise and rose gold a try and it turns out, I absolutely love it!
Here are a few more pics of the profile and one more glamour shot. Lol There's not much to the profile as I wanted the ring to sit as low as possible because I was afraid of knocking it on things.IMG_20191121_084045.jpgIMG_20191121_084102.jpgIMG_20191121_084203.jpgIMG_20191121_084245.jpgIMG_20191121_084401.jpg

Wow!!!

Congratulations on a beautiful and unique set!

Your jeweler created a gorgeous ring, love the low profile and the well placed and formed prongs!!!!

The chevron bands are beautiful as well!!! Do they nest in each other? Could you stack them together?

Beautiful!!!

What a perfect setting for this stone! The bands really add to the look and I like how versatile the set it

Beautiful and unique set! Congrats!

Wow looks great together- I would never know they're from diff places!
Enjoy your upgrade!

Thx for taking that pic!!! You have some awesome versatility with your set. Enjoy!

Very pretty -- love it with the bands!

Wow!!!

Congratulations on a beautiful and unique set!

Your jeweler created a gorgeous ring, love the low profile and the well placed and formed prongs!!!!

The chevron bands are beautiful as well!!! Do they nest in each other? Could you stack them together?

Beautiful!!!

Thanks so much!
I actually had to take the ring back three different times after they initially made it due to the prongs being so poorly done each time. They finally sent it to their store in NY where the ring was originally cast, for them to fix it. I'm glad they were finally able to get the prongs the way I requested because I was getting pretty frustrated with the whole custom ordeal at that point.

What a great idea about stacking the bands together, I never even thought about trying that before.
Here's a pic!IMG_20191122_191155.jpg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP