shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2005 6:51:16 PM
Author: fire&ice
But, to answer your very basic innocent question - No, none of my dogs get aroused when I give commands. But, since you asked, ''humping'' isn''t a sign of arousal.

I am assuming that you meant "in dogs" when you said that "''humping'' isn''t a sign of arousal"? Well...never mind that. I don''t want to get explicit about the *signs* of male, canine arousal but that was not to what I was referring. *MY* alpha male has a secret love of dominance. The expensive trainer I hired when I first adopted him elicited this reaction and so do I. The trainer was male; I am female. It is the *dominance* that Biscuit finds arousing. Well...you know what they say about powerful men who...but that is another subject.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2005 7:49:37 PM
Author: websailor
...every time Turbo is out and sees me. he comes running over to our yard to play, despite any commands that our neighbor gives. The instant I command him to go back however, he obeys. I guess it''s all in the tone of voice and gestures. My neighbor has remarked on this - he says he has no idea why Turbo likes me so much. I just smile.

Dominance in dogs is funny. The only person my dog instantly obeys is my husband, who is not as tall as I am. He doesn''t fear biting large men in work boots...but he quivers if my husband yells. (My husband has *not* ever abused the dog!) I have to get him out of a playing mode to control him. Once I have broken the "spell" and he is no longer in a wild, play/prey mode, he obeys me and enjoys it. All my husband has to do-no matter what the dog is doing-is appear.

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 9:54:58 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 4/3/2005 7:49:37 PM
Author: websailor
...every time Turbo is out and sees me. he comes running over to our yard to play, despite any commands that our neighbor gives. The instant I command him to go back however, he obeys. I guess it''s all in the tone of voice and gestures. My neighbor has remarked on this - he says he has no idea why Turbo likes me so much. I just smile.

Dominance in dogs is funny. The only person my dog instantly obeys is my husband, who is not as tall as I am. He doesn''t fear biting large men in work boots...but he quivers if my husband yells. (My husband has *not* ever abused the dog!) I have to get him out of a playing mode to control him. Once I have broken the ''spell'' and he is no longer in a wild, play/prey mode, he obeys me and enjoys it. All my husband has to do-no matter what the dog is doing-is appear.

Deb
Dominance in dogs is funny & not as clear as one would think. What we view as signs of "arousal" isn''t arousal to a dog. Your dog could view *you* as the Alpha. Why do you think it is *you* the dog "challenges"? Anyhoo, I''m lucky in our current situation that both of mine are perfectly content as followers - though the little Diva is in perfect control. Has my husband snowed! Our last situation we had a very dominant male & female. It wasn''t as easy to keep the peace.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F&I-

Should I take this discussion to another thread? Maybe one called, "Dominance in Dogs"? I hate to move a topic once people start talking about it in one place (because they go there to see what''s happening to the thread), but more dog lovers *might* find this thread if we stowed it someplace other than, "Show Me the Ring"!! Maybe I can re-start it near the "No Dogs Allowed" thread! ;-)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who want to continue discussing the issue of dominance in dogs, you may exit this thread and step right in here:

Bad Dog! No! No!

Deb ;-)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:21:48 PM

F&I-

Should I take this discussion to another thread? Maybe one called, ''Dominance in Dogs''? I hate to move a topic once people start talking about it in one place (because they go there to see what''s happening to the thread), but more dog lovers *might* find this thread if we stowed it someplace other than, ''Show Me the Ring''!! Maybe I can re-start it near the ''No Dogs Allowed'' thread! ;-)

Deb
Well, if it goes in "around the world", does that mean the dogs have to actually go around the world? Also, I thought - show me the ring was about a "dog show ring". My head is spinning. Should we move "major upgrade" to it''s very own forum of April 1st posts?
28.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 12:32:41 PM
Well, if it goes in 'around the world', does that mean the dogs have to actually go around the world? Also, I thought - show me the ring was about a 'dog show ring'. My head is spinning. Should we move 'major upgrade' to it's very own forum of April 1st posts?
28.gif

Well...since these issues naturally plagued me, I decided to sidestep them by putting the dog thread where no dogs were allowed ;-). Good questions, though.

Deb

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 12:53:51 PM

Date: 4/4/2005 12:32:41 PM
Well, if it goes in ''around the world'', does that mean the dogs have to actually go around the world? Also, I thought - show me the ring was about a ''dog show ring''. My head is spinning. Should we move ''major upgrade'' to it''s very own forum of April 1st posts?
28.gif

Well...since these issues naturally plagued me, I decided to sidestep them by putting the dog thread where no dogs were allowed ;-). Good questions, though.

Deb
AGBF,

As the Alpha Dog
emdog.gif
of the Major Upgrade!!! topic, you have my permission to move to a new topic.

Now I''m going to go back to chasing my tail
emteeth.gif

LOL!

I didn''t mind the twists this topic has taken - it was a good idea to move it to where people are more likely to find it and keep it going. I loved how carefully you danced around some of the words... I was trying to find a way to put in "humping is another word we don''t use in our relationship", but I could never put it all together well enough...
emotion-14.gif

It''s probably better that I didn''t find a way!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Just FYI - I pictures and comments over on this topic about the photography in regards to the 5 ct picture we posted at the beginning of this Major Upgrade!!! topic...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
*bump*

Found it! Yay!
36.gif
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results